[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eternal Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1491759846389.jpg (5KB, 480x296px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491759846389.jpg
5KB, 480x296px
>/x/ - Paranormal
>For all your creepy images and stories.

I've read your fucking rules, I'm postin'.

When you die, nothing happens, it's like before your birth, it's nothing.
When you die it's like when you get general anaesthesia when you're under the operating table. You get the gas, it goes blank.
It's not like sleeping, because when you're sleeping you somehow have somekind of inner clock. But under anaesthesia it just went buy like seconds.

That's what death is like. No ghosts, no god, no nothing. No auras, no flat earth, no flying around with butterflies.
You're. Fucking. Dead.
>>
>>19171128
This is no place for fedora tipers. Behave yourself
>>
>>19171133
Just always thought of it as much more creepy then any fucking ghost. Sleep tight btw
>>
>>19171128
i always found it comforting. After this shitty world, nothingness.
>>
>>19171135
i meant to tag you not op
>>
File: 1452076779455.jpg (53KB, 621x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452076779455.jpg
53KB, 621x768px
Just becuase you cannot recall expience when not attached to "memory" doesnt mean that you didnt expierence.

Theres a ton of people who dont remember their first words, their first steps or their circumcision.
But our parents and guardians all tell us that it happened.

Why does no one assume that the entropic path of the universe means that it can never be in the same arrangement more than once it seems?
>>
>>19171128
There is no eternal and no darkness in death.

Nothing is eternal because, only the brains experience time. There is no experience of time anymore, because there is no alive brains. When you are dead, you never were alive from your point of view, except there is not your point of view, because there is not you anymore.

There is no darkness, because there is no light either. You experience darkness, when your eyes can't see light and your brain figures out no light = dark. Your brains don't figure out shit when you are dead.

Death is nothing like anaesthesia, because anaesthesia doesn't destroy your ego. Death does. And because there is no ego after death, death is no terrifying. You are only you, because you are alive. There is no you, after death. Thereforce there exists no entiny, that would experience eternal darkness after dying. Your brains die, you cease to exist. Universe still exist from big bang to heat death. Your atoms are one with the universe and everything and everyone, without the brains creating the illusion of you and experience of life. Death just returning to the normal state, the non-existance.
>>
>>19171283
>Wall of text for semantics and empty phrases
Lmoa
>>19171128
This
>>
>>19171293
Still large amount atheists, do seem to believe in some magical preservation of ego after death. Mind beign alive without brains, still experiencing the absence of light and flow of time, still having ego and ability to calculate while beign dead. Sorry mate, that's not how it goes. Death is non-existance in nowhere, not continution of experience without body in eternal darkness.
>>
>>19171316
Maybe I'm biased because I've experienced "ghosts". Mind you these were intelligent responses from them. So even if it isn't dead people these sentient beings had thought even when brainless.

I know,.no I can't prove "ghosts" exist. But I know they do.
>>
Learn about quantum mechanics, entanglement, string theory, DNA memory and how our brains are quantum computers with quite a bit of interconnectedness with things outside of the head. The brain may die, sure, but the energy patterns never die and imprint on the universe.

Anyone with a significant understanding of high level physics usually finds themselves on a path from atheist to pure agnostic to agnostic theist.

Your understanding of the universe and consciousness is limited and naive. I feel for you.
>>
>>19171337

explain it though or point to some resources, you made a jump here
>>
>>19171606
I would have to make, like, 15 posts in a row to fully explain it. And even then, there's a 1/3 chance you won't get it and a 1/3 chance you'll just dismiss it. I'm not wasting my time, do your own research. However, a good place to start would be checking out the double slit experiment where they found out, beyond a reasonable doubt, that human consciousness has an effect on photon patterns, meaning our brains can control the outcome of quantum superposition. Furthermore, do some reading on the source of consciousness from the viewpoint of quantum physics. After that, learn about entanglement, really grasp what it means for energy patterns to exist via entanglement (which is basically what consciousness is), and with some basic physics understanding it should become pretty obvious why the possibility of the energy patterns of consciousness imprinting on surroundings or existing after death in some form is overwhelming.

Science and magic really are the same thing. It's a shame that people here go for the old-timey magick bullshit instead of realizing that it's all just applied consciousness manipulating your environment via entanglement, a la "observation forms reality as much as reality forms observation."
>>
You seem quite unsure of yourself.
>>
You sure seem quite convinced of yourself while being someone that only spouts the most simplistic and onesided perspective regarding what he's talking about.

Besides, you did a great job at elimating any debate beforehand.

Perhaps you should consider that the science of the past was quite limited when looked at from our current perspecive. The same may be true about today science in a hundred years or so. If you wanna learn something from history it should be this and that you should never be s sure about your status quo.
>>
>>19171779
>>19171777
>implying any of the science I've mentioned isn't from the past decade, 2 decades tops

Wew lad you sure got me. Your complete lack of knowledge on the topic has forced me to retreat! Brb while I go cry into a tub of Ben&Jerry's over how badly I got served aboohoo.
>>
>>19171821
You completly ignored my point. It doesn't matter how recent the science is, there is always the possibility that our current understanding is not wholesome.

So there may be a time where there is a different paradigm of thinking in wich science can actually prove that certain things like the afterlife exist.

I also didn't make the post above mine but thank you for your very intellectual banter.
>>
Ill one up you OP. That's actually going to happen, theres billions of you, and its going to happen to you in 2 more lifetimes. Your life is short before that happens. Theres billions of space and time and you will hardly be remembered by humanity, and then humanity will die at somepoint. The universe and life has no meaning or purpose, like one big eternal rock. Humans are stupid and selfish. All we do is squabble for resources. If you have a child the same will be true for him and your wife. Thats all you ever were and all you ever will be. God is not real, a byproduct from when our ancestors worshipped the floating things in the sky and a control mechanism used to keep the masses in order and content, and an answer for your ego fearing any of this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.