[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MANDELA EFFECT PROOF - THE THINKER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19

File: thinker.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
There is some very interesting residue for "The Thinker" sculpture ME.

You can see people taking pictures in front of the statue, posing in the original pose that we remember the statue doing (people remember the hand being placed on his forehead, but now it switched to his hand being on this chin.)
Is it just a coincidence that they are posing in the EXACT same position that people remember?
Or...
Were they all just that oblivious to not pay attention to the actual pose?

If so, why are they all posing the exact same way? Especially in the group photo.
Coincidence?

This would assume that even pictures from history can change. We can say that people can easily mistake the pose (even though they're right in front of it, so how can they mistake a pose? Even if they looked at the picture they've just taken they would notice the mistake and retake it)

But mistake it in the exact same way? If so, why are there only two versions of the pose (the "old" one and the "new" one), people would mess it up in all kinds of different ways, not just one or the other, right?
>>
File: thinker3.jpg (171KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
thinker3.jpg
171KB, 400x500px
Group Photo -

Did they all just decide to take a group photo right in front of the statue but also decided to purposely do a wrong pose?

If it was't intentional then it's impossible that not even a single person noticed it, when they're right in front of the statue.
>>
File: thinker2.jpg (15KB, 236x299px) Image search: [Google]
thinker2.jpg
15KB, 236x299px
More examples of people doing the "old" pose in front of the statue with the "new" pose
>>
Old portrait of The Thinker

This is how some people remember it, with the hand on the forehead.
>>
>>19169276
I dont remember hand on the forehead. It's always been fist to chin
>>
File: mandlebrot theory.gif (74KB, 544x302px) Image search: [Google]
mandlebrot theory.gif
74KB, 544x302px
>>19169276
>>
>>19169401
I remember it with the hand on forehead like in >>19169356
The reason I memorized it that way was because in >>19169356 It looked like he was more "sad", or just thinking harder like he's going over some terrible things, or regretting something, it's just more emotional. Like "what the fuck have I done".

Thats why I liked the statue

The new one with fist on chin just looks less serious and less emotional, I don't remember that one at all
>>
File: c3po.png (929KB, 1110x596px) Image search: [Google]
c3po.png
929KB, 1110x596px
C3PO now has black hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzFINVTm2I0&t=48s
>>
I've always remembered it to be hand on the chin.

People taking recent pictures with fist to forehead may be because of the 'tim tebow'. Much like the dab
>>
>>19169276
This one is funny. Never in my reality. In art, things like this are a difference in meaning. No fucking way, did he call it the thinker and have the guy fist to his forehead. In what reality does a fist to the forehead mean thought? Kek. Just mistaken. And I believe certain examples are odd.
>>
File: The_thinker_pdd.jpg (206KB, 800x1071px) Image search: [Google]
The_thinker_pdd.jpg
206KB, 800x1071px
Undeniable proof this man is a time traveler. He has it right! There's no other explanation. HE CAUSED THE MANDELLA EFFECT BY WARPING BACK TO OUR WORLD.
>>
>>19169418
What's mandela about this?
>>
>>19169576
Her leg is black, a la c3p0
>>
I just discovered this Mandela Effect
For anyone who's seen Rocky IV

Ivan says to Rocky:

I ___ break you.

If you've answered will (what I thought) then you're wrong, because it's must
>>
>>19169444
Holy shit his arm is red too.

Like seriously, how the fuck could we possibly miss that back in 1977. Im-fucking-possible.
>>
>>19169631
His hand is red in the most recent film. Before that it was gold.
>>
>>19169664
I remember it clear as fucking day man. Shits crazy.
>>
>>19169631
you didn't this is real Cern is messing with this dimension c3po was all gold i know this 100% fact
>>
>>19169444
As a huge Star Wars nut I can assure you that his hands have always been black.
>>
>>19169726
Same. You can clearly see this even in new hope.
Seriously. All this Mandela Effect spiel is nonsense. Just because we misremember something doesn't mean we're remembering an 'alternate universe' or CERN is somehow fucking with this dimension with their experiments. Why is it so hard to accept that you just don't have a perfect memory?
>>
>>19169598
It's always been must nigger
>>
>>19169788
>>19169849
Why is it so hard to accept that there's always people who aren't affected by the change?

Imagine you suddenly discovered that Africa is north of Europe now but everybody tells you it's always been like that and calls you a troll and calls your memories bullshit. Of course they will tell you you're a troll because for them it's always been like that so you're the crazy one, just like that guy you're responding to is the crazy one for you.

It means that even if there is one guy saying that something is different now and the rest 7 billion people say it's not then it's technically still not disproved as that one guy could have been the only one who switched realities/universes or however the mandela effect works. It CAN'T be disproved just because other people say you're wrong
>>
>>19169863
>It CAN'T be disproved just because other people say you're wrong
It also means it can't be proven to be anything other than bad memory.
>>
>>19169863
Parsimony. I've never seen a "Mandela Effect" claimed in earnest that couldn't be easily attributed to the claimant being ignorant on the topic/having a bad memory. Sure, you CANNOT produce evidence either way due to how the "theory" is structured, but
1. that makes the "theory" useless, because it cannot ever be tested, and
2. It's millions of times more likely that that person just has a bad memory than they're somehow the last survivor of a slide into another timeline and we all are from this one.

Sure, I could claim that the entire universe is actually made out of densely-packed Adolf Hitlers that quantum collapse into ordinary matter whenever someone looks at them, but that's both stupid, and unprovable. Just like the Mandela Effect.
>>
File: vortexpeaceprayer.png (232KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
vortexpeaceprayer.png
232KB, 1366x768px
>>19170505
>I-It's totally fake go - I mean guys!
https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/19/1951240_geo-pol-material-.html
>>
>>19169598
that kind of shit happens because English is a retarded language when spoken

when you say "I must break you" or "I will break you", both the "must" and the "will" are barely audible because of the English intonation, so your brain doesn't hear them and instead fills it with a prediction
>>
>>19170523
>Don't trust your reason, goy, trust this shitty site that looks like it was made in Web 1.0!

Sorry I'm not so bluepilled as to not use my brain. You can believe what you want: all people are entitled to their beliefs. What you aren't entitled to is your own facts: those are objective.

>inb4 "but muh Many Worlds means I'm right in SOME timeline!"

>inb4 some postmodernist horseshit
>>
File: 1494741051414.jpg (193KB, 762x785px) Image search: [Google]
1494741051414.jpg
193KB, 762x785px
>>19170559
>Literally give proof that mandella effect is real
>Hurr you're just retarded
>>
Hand on forehead seems like an inefficient thinking pose. I always remembered it as hand on chin.
>>19170537
Yeah, native English speakers tend to mumble a lot. There is this american international student from seattle who drives everyone up the wall during my college courses.
>>
>>19170578
Mother fucker, that looks like wikileaks put out an email containing keywords for a website's index ranking.

Yes, it looks like it's Tor. However, one email containing a paragraph of buzzwords is hardly proof of the mandala effect.

You nigger, I really want to believe. But every cock tease makes me closer and closer to sticking a shotgun up my ass and live-streaming the slow suicide.
>>
>>19170712
I feel you, i feel like its bait at this point
>>
>>19169401
How old are You? I think there's some correlation between age and the group of people who remember things differently
>>
>>19169672
He meant that they purposefully changed it in the force awakens as part of the canon, theres even a line about it when he introduces himself. No Mogando effect here, he still has gold arms in the other films
>>
>>19169863
Except it's never something that serious. It's always the title of a fictional bear family, or a logo, or something equally innocuous or inane. In other words: they're all examples that could be easily misremembered because we don't see them as very important details.
Why is it so hard to accept people having different memories because of alternate realities as opposed to the plain, easily proven idea that our memories are generally shit? Are you even fucking serious with that question?
>>
>>19170761
Early thirties
>>
>>19169276
Dude, he's always had his fist under his chin. Who places a fist against their forehead when they think? You're a moron.
>>
It's just proof that most people are retards (big news everyone!) and can't even get a pose right
>>
>>19169356
Tbh, this is the firts time I see this picture.
>>
listen, dipshit. This is your brain fucking with you, same as deja vu
>>
On one hand, I don't believe the Mandela effect exists. At all.
On the other hand, I've always know the thinker pose to be fist on forehead. Maybe there was a "wrong" version of this statue that circulated on mass media around the 80s/90s that made people learn the wrong pose? And now it's not around anymore because we have the internet and we can check pics of the original?
>>
>>19172339
Alright faggots. Let me prove the mandala effect.

THE MOTHER FUCKERS IN THE WHITE SHIRT PASS THE BALL ONLY 25 TIMES. ALL OTHER ANSWERS ARE A LIE. PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION.

Then watch it again, and see there is a fucking gorilla. Then consider the plausibility of this shit tier conspiracy.
>>
>>19172542
Shit

https://youtu.be/vJG698U2Mvo
>>
>>19172550

That experiment is extremely crappy because I just register a person in black sweatpants and a hoodie due to how horrid the gorilla suit is, it does not resembles a gorilla at all, it is very dark, and the video is of very poor quality, this is a weeabo tactic DIE ANIME CRAPPIST!
>>
>>19171583
You're being rused, friendo.
>>
It just means people are retarded. Notice how its all children and young women doing it.

You associate thinking with the brain and so, the forehead. Statue's called The Thinker. They probably got told to do the forehead pose by the troll photographer and did it without questioning.
>>
File: thethinker.png (851KB, 1644x679px) Image search: [Google]
thethinker.png
851KB, 1644x679px
>>19173250
> Notice how its all children and young women doing it.

That's a man doing it

I personally remember seeing the statue and thinking "would make more sense if his hand was on his chin not his forehead"
>>
>>19169276
>Idiots can't grasp what a static statue is doing
doesn't surprise me, OP
>>
>>19169631
His arm is only red in The Force Awakens you fucking idiot.
>>
>>19169276
It'ss always been chin, and I'm feom the timeline where the sea of japan doeant exist
>>
>>19169276
It's always been on his chin, Rodin purposefully made the sculpture to be huge and looked at from down below, and the perspective of looking up at it can cause people to see it wrong.
>>
>>19169276

for what it's worth I always remember it on the chin
>>
>>19169276
I bought a statuette-sized copy of this statue about 25 years ago. Since I had it right in the house, I saw it hundreds or even thousands of times before moving out. Hand was definitely on the chin.

People posing right smack in front of it with their hands on their foreheads are proofs that humans are unobservant idiots.
>>
It's always been on the chin. People in the pictures are doing "The Tebow", fucking retards.
>>
OP is a fag and knows exactly where he was fisted.
>>
>>19169356
I remember it fist to chin.
I have never seen this picture
Try it for yourself. Fist on head is not comfy or natural.
>>
>>19169444
And a silver leg and a red arm and he was always ALL gold.
>>
>>19174383
Its not supposed to be comfy or natural. The Thinker isn't just musing on what to eat for dinner, he is musing on the failings and greatest of mankind. Its a more profound thought than hand on chin denotes. Fist on forehead is denotes a deeper thought.
>>
>>19170712
>Mother fucker, that looks like wikileaks put out an email containing keywords for a website's index ranking
It's not even an email you fucking retard.
>Yes, it looks like it's Tor. However, one email containing a paragraph of buzzwords is hardly proof of the mandala effect
Yes it is. But like any ignoramus fool, you're not looking for evidence that supports the effect, you want evidence that denies. So as soon as someone comes along with bona fide proof, you get pissed because it not only means you're wrong but that you're not "in on it" like all the people that have experienced it.
>But every cock tease makes me closer and closer to sticking a shotgun up my ass and live-streaming the slow suicide
Do it, no one will care or even notice one less retard inhabiting the planet.
>>
>>19169276
I think I know why people are posing wrong. Remember when Tim Tebow did that pose and it became a meme? That was pretty big in the collective conscious. I bet if you looked hard enough you would even find a correlation between that becoming popular and people doing the pose differently.
>>
>>19169356
I've always pictured it as hand to chin.
>>
File: 1471279666491.jpg (38KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1471279666491.jpg
38KB, 604x437px
>>19169289
they don't have anything to sit on you fucking retard, not everybody can squat normally
>>
>>19169706
he was before he lost his arm... it's like you faggots don't even do any research
>>
>>19174523
I realized this before I even reached this point in the thread, looked Tim Tebow's post up, and concluded that's what we were remembering.

It's easier to think of the realistic things that might have changed your memory of the past than to assume they were changed by reality warping.
>>
File: 1497337211000.jpg (135KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
1497337211000.jpg
135KB, 640x898px
>>19169276
>>19169356
>>19169428
Memory is just an interpretation, not a record.
Memory can change the shape of a room, it can change the color of a car. Eyewitness testimony is inherently unreliable, ask the cops.
All those death row cases that have been overturned due to DNA evidence, there's a reason, and it's because memory is unreliable.
>>
>>19176663

We're never going to convince these half brained idiots that they're wrong

Every single Mandela effect is people with a shit memory or only knowing about things via pop culture reference that misquoted the original like above where people confuse the pose of the thinker In a painting and sculpture because their only experience with the art work is seeing it in cartoons
>>
LOL this just reinforces to me Mandela effect is just bullshit and faulty group memory altered by preconceived notions

I always remember the thinker resting on his chin and never any other way
>>
>there is indeed a gorilla
also:
>white white white
>quick: what do cows drink
>water
stop saying milk

>thinker thinker thinker
>quick, what is a thinking man's hand placed on?
>chin
stop saying brain
>>
>>19169276
>my pose when I take a shit
>people call it "the thinker"
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 681x1036px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 681x1036px
>>19178735
>Mandela effect affects everyone
It only affects people who shifted timelines, this means you're indigenous to this timeline, a.k.a. "Boring".
>>
File: Goro_vs._Cage_figure_carded.jpg (69KB, 328x369px) Image search: [Google]
Goro_vs._Cage_figure_carded.jpg
69KB, 328x369px
Does anyone remember the dialogue from the movie mortal combat, when Johnny cage fights Goro, i remember it really well that Johnny tells goro that he bought his "glasses from rayban & they were expensive" but now in movie his dialogue about "rayban" is missing.
>>
File: Conan.jpg (43KB, 534x351px) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
43KB, 534x351px
>>19169276
It has always been with his hand on his chin, even Conan knows this.
>>
>>19179941
>It only affects people who shifted timelines, this means you're nonindigenous to this timeline, a.k.a. "retarded".
>>
There are several different versions of Rodin's famous "The Thinker" sculpture.

Respectfully, I believe that this is where the confusion ultimately lies, and not due to the Mandela Effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Thinker_sculptures
>>
>>19169454
I too have always remembered the hand on the chin. Its a deep pondering and wise pose. Dante staring at the gates of hell. Not Dante having a headache or falling asleep.
>>
>>19169631
You probably didn't recognise him because of the red arm
>>
>>19180795
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiq9gZhJHNc
Even in this episode it was on his chin.
>>
The most serious personal experience I've had with the Mandela effect was when Star Wars Rogue one was released, I heard Vader's voice and thought "Wow, he sounds just like James Earl Jones." Afterwards of course, I discovered it WAS James Earl Jones, and that he was still alive. This blew my mind because I have explicit memories of reacting to his death a couple of years ago- even having a conversation with my brother about it, which he also remembers, and he too freaked out when I told him J.E.J was still alive. I even remember writing a Facebook tribute to him, in which I posted a YouTube video of him reciting Edgar Allen Poe's 'The Raven'. I've since searched everywhere for my post but can't find it. A few of my other friends remember him dying, too, and flat out refuse to admit that he is still alive.

Does anyone else remember James earl jones dying about 2 or 3 years ago?
>>
All of this is just faulty memory (remembernig the name of a show wrong) or ignorance (people not knowing that different map projections exist).
>>
>>19180899
I remember reading a couple years ago that Mufasa was dead, but it was a hoax. http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/691763/james-earl-jones-is-alive-star-falls-victim-to-internet-death-hoax
>>
>>19180899

I had the exact same reaction. I could've sworn he died 2-4 years ago.
I was positive telling all my friend homeboy was dedz. Then Vader was revealed it has JEJ, as well as mufasa in the lion king live action. Tripped me the fuck out for days.
>>
>>19180899
...okay this is the first time I've actually experienced this shit how the fuck is he not dead I swear I remember that

But I'm a skeptic of the whole different dimensions explanation so I'm just gonna assume we're both retarded.
>>
The Thinker has always had the pose with the fist on the chin. Fucking always.

now the Berenstein Bears on the other hand that shit was spelled with an e and I know it.
>>
>>19180899
I think there was a hoax for him a few years back.
Combine that with his relative inactivity in the acting scene, it's not hard to see why some people could be convinced he died.

He never died though.
>>
>>19169863
Because you are crazy, you always were and you always will be. hopefully you "Mandela Effect" people are put in a cell and then shot in front of a firing squad. hopefully soon.
Punk
>>
>>19171609
>>Early Thirties

You mean a typical Special little snowflake. REEEEEEEE i'm right and you're wrong.

Fuck you scumbag.
>>
I always thought it was retarded that it was to his forehead since I don't know anyone who thinks like that
>>
File: 1497655058386.jpg (73KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
1497655058386.jpg
73KB, 600x619px
it is literally just you having remembered it wrong.
It has always been the chin
>>19179941
it's an excuse for people who can't remember things correctly.

Humans aren't perfect, that applies to our memories.
How many times have you forgot something, thought you put a thing somewhere but it turns up to be in a different place, or think you have the "proper" memory of something just to find it was a little different than you thought?
>>
>>19169276
https://youtu.be/qiq9gZhJHNc?t=172
>>
>>19169276
mandelaeffect kids are even more cancerigenous than tulpafags.
>>
>>19184737
tulpafags divinifags summonfags and summerfags killed this place ages ago, this just adds to the pile faggot
>>
>>19180899
I remember him dying Years ago. I remember reading the wiki after he died.

WTF man?
>>
I remember reading and hearing news about Charles Schultz dying around the time of "The Peanuts Movie" being out.
>>
>bunch of retarded normies and children tebow in front of a statue
>this is evidence of the multiverse
>>
>>19180020
Did you see it in theaters? I remember him saying something like "those were $500 glasses, asshole".
>>
>>19169276
I remember his hand being on his chin but his hand in a fist though
>>
File: giphy.gif (225KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
225KB, 500x375px
The first thing to come to my mind was this episode of spongebob, I always knew that Patrick was "thinking" with his hand on his chin. And just watching the statue with the hand on his forehead makes me feel like there's something wrong.
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-21_23-13-46.jpg (14KB, 276x242px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-21_23-13-46.jpg
14KB, 276x242px
>>19169283
What about this guy?
>>
>>19169276
It was on his chin dumbass.

No one thinks with their hand to their forehead.
>>
>>19169863
>Imagine you suddenly discovered that Africa is north of Europe
you mean that it's south of Europe, right? Because it's already north of Europe, anon. Unless you're joking and making fun of those who believe in the Mandingo effect.
>>
>>19180020
>>19185543
He says it later in the fight.
>>
>>19185196
Wait, he's not dead?
>>
>>19186095
First you need ask: Charles Schultz or Charles Schulz? The latter apparently died in 2000 and the former apparently never existed.
>>
>>19169276
HAND WAS ALWAYS ON CHIN
>>
>>19179941
>this means you're indigenous to this timeline, a.k.a. "Boring".
This is the whole selling point, isn't it? Believe not that you remember wrong, believe instead that you're speshul dimension hopping interdasting person!
Not childish at all.
>>
>>19182965
that's a lot of anger over an internet debate anon
>>
>>19169276
It's always been the chin - I even remeber my grandma, calling med the thinker, each time i was sitting that way looking out in the air, and she had a small sculpture of "the Tinker" sitting with the hand on the chin
>>
Itt people blaming alternate realities for their shitty memories and lack of attention to detail
>>
>>19169276
The way I remember things is, something is either intuitive or counter-intuitive. And The Thinker's pose was definitely counter-intuitive. It just made more sense for his fist to be on his chin, that's a much more typical thinking gesture, and I always thought it was weird that it was on his forehead.

Hell, I definitely even looked it up to make sure it was on his forehead, just because I found it odd.

I'd be fine with writing it off as a lapse in my memory, but it's not memory, it's a feeling about it that has always stuck around.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.