[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing A Bible Need Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Nuntism-The-Door.jpg (5KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
Nuntism-The-Door.jpg
5KB, 310x163px
I've come up with a religion called Nuntism and I need stories to fill a certain section of my bible I'm calling "The Cordatus Nuntius". I was going to write stories for it but it seems I don't have the time right now. Does /x/ have any realistic strories with realistic morals perhaps even more adult themed?
>>
>>19169190
Fucking hilarious that you come to /x/ to help you write your bullshit "bible." You don't have time? Well you better have cancer with less than a month to live because if you can't devote yourself to your own religion then no one else is gonna take it seriously either. Just copy/paste a series of fables, parables and other folklore and call it a religion. That is, after all, what you are trying to do. Keep at it and you'll eventually get past plagiarism block.

You can even watch the lifetime channel for some more heart warming stories.
>>
File: 145376.png (255KB, 667x414px) Image search: [Google]
145376.png
255KB, 667x414px
>>19169340
thats going to be the first verse in that bible
>>
>>19169340
It's not bullshit though. It's a religion based on my personal dealings with mediums and astral travel experiences. the stories really just add bulk to the cordatus.
>>
>>19169190
Just do what the other religions did and rip them off the sun worshippers. Choose a name for the sun god and virgin and you're good to go.
>>
File: 615643c.jpg (27KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
615643c.jpg
27KB, 600x733px
>>19169362
>not bullshit
>my personal dealings
>>
>>19169340
The plagiarism has been done with "thoth's emerald tablets"

and retards still believe it.
>>
>>19169453
I just need stories with morals. Not an entire religion. Years of research and I don't even really have to say much that is faith.
>>
>>19169476
You need to visit some libraries
>>
>>19169476
Those religions have stories with morals you could use as a template.
>>
>>19169470
Well I can confirm it was a real medium. Knew things I had told no one. Never gave her a affirmation of the facts at all. One woman by the name of Reverand Bald of the church of spiritualism called Sunnydale. She's dead now but while she was alive she was by far the best medium I have ever met. Everyuone she vouched for was nearly as gifted.
>>
>>19169190
Why is it called Nuntism?
>>
Subjective validation, however, occurs not only in cold reading but in other instances as well. For example, subjects given phony personality or astrological readings often rate their accuracy as very high. Why? Because human beings are very good at finding meaning where there is none and giving significance to what is actually meaningless in itself. We are especially good at relating things to ourselves. Words, symbols, signs, sounds, gestures, and the like have no meaning in themselves. Human beings give them meaning and often we give them a personal meaning when none was intended. We're very good at this and you might say it is what distinguishes us from most other creatures on this planet. Sometimes, however, we don't see what is right before our eyes. We see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear. If our motivation is strong enough we can sometimes even bring the dead back to life or come to believe that mundane things about our lives are imbued with paranormal or supernatural significance.
>>
>>19169514
It's derived from the word Nuntius which means messenger. In a sense every experience is a message from Nunt on how to live towards your personal purpose as a being. In essence Nunt is the messenger of knowledge.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iobcrAsdUg
>>
>>19169190
halfway through, (((they))) ruin E V E R Y T H I N G
>>
>>19169543
What are the followers of Nuntism called? Nuntites, Nuntians, Nunts, etc.?
>>
>>19169570
Nuntists. Though I am willing to be flexible on this one. Nuntites sounds good actually I hadn't thought of that one.
>>
>>19169502
>2017
>Falling for cold reading
>>
>>19169617
>oh here let me say it was cold reading without any standard of evidence and think I'm right because people can tell things about you just by looking at you even though you told them nothing and gave no indication of whether they were right to begin with

That's like me saying ghosts aren't real because you can stick a sheet on a stick and snap a photo.
>>
File: space jew.jpg (163KB, 751x555px) Image search: [Google]
space jew.jpg
163KB, 751x555px
>>19169190
Ever heard of the tale of the boy who cried wolf?

It's an inspiring tale about how you should never tell the same lie twice
>>
>>19169661
>even though you told them nothing and gave no indication of whether they were right to begin with

You don't even know how cold reading works.
>>
>>19169599
>Nundits

That feels pretty similar to Nudists
>>
>>19169667
Oh then very well. How exactly did they know a saw something exit my body at one point? A week after I go to the church and one of the mediums as me if I see spirit without me telling anyone. How does cold reading explain that? Just a lucky guess maybe?

inb4 they could totally tell by reading the signs in your butt.
>>
>>19169190
So what are the basic teachings? Why would somebody convert to Nuntism over another religion.
>>
>>19169705
It's sort of light on the teachings. Nuntism recognizes the need for all sorts of people. I would imagine it will fracture into different forms. The way is to behave like the people you would want around you because that is your fate in this world and the next. Peaceful souls will be drawn to a plane of peaceful souls. Angry souls will be drawn to an astral plane with angry souls etc. There is no one afterlife and the way to get to a better one is to be a better person towards others and yourself.
>>
You need to copy some buckshot ideas from other religions and mash them up. The only way others will follow it is if you're dead though. I suggest killing yourself immediately upon completion of your bible
>>
>>19169190
As people already said, if you don't care, why would others? You shouldn't need to ask people for stories to include. If these are your actual beliefs/experiences it should be easy to write it all down. If not then you need to ask yourself why you are writing it at all.

And I say this as a person who does want to write and establish a faith. Just making up stories and even saying as much does not make you seem very credible or serious. Write down what you believe and why. It is as simple as that.
>>
>>19169682
Are you saying that the statement "seeing a spirit" is a reference to you attending church the previous week?
>>
File: c4H3gin.png (384KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
c4H3gin.png
384KB, 600x960px
Fuck, it's all about the brand, and it's all about having a good name.

You have a cool name and a good basic theme, so I think it's cool.

Bro tips: identify your god with *God*. If you don't say your god is God, it will degenerate into a demon. The only mandatory truth for any religion is that God is One.

All of your scriptures aren't made up, they're channeled.

>The world speaks not to you, the world speaks to Nunt.
>The world gives not to you, the world gives to Nunt.
>Your eyes see not the world, your eyes see Nunt.
>Words are not your thoughts, words are the thoughts of Nunt.
>Art is not made by the world, Art is made by Nunt.
>You are not made by Nunt, Nunt is made by you.
>>
>>19169190
well whats the overall theme?
>>
>>19170057
samefag here, this gives me the idea, what if Nunt is a kind of substance? Like a pervasive liquid or light. The Body of God.

If you say Nunt is the Body of God, then you would have something going on akin to a kind of tantra.

>so much Nunt in this room right now
>full of Nunt
>within Nunt
>touched by Nunt

lots of linguistic formations could come out of this kind of idea
>>
In the distant future, a man will create an entity stronger than itself. This entity will be hungry, and will consume all life. Not just life on this planet, but all life in the cosmos. All flesh and blood will be used as fuel for this entity, until it eventually consumes the stars as well. The plane on which you exist will go completely dark.

Life is fragile, life is rare, and life is a glitch in a vast network of multiverses that just happened to appear in isolated corners of the cosmic swirl. Remember that your existence, even in times of turmoil and sadness, is rarity beyond comprehension. At any moment, it could all go dark, so make sure the fire that is your soul remains stoked to ward off the void.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.