[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tarot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>"An imprisoned person," writes Eliphas Levi, "with no other book than the Tarot, if he knew how to use it, could in a few years acquire universal knowledge, and would be able to speak on all subjects with unequalled learning and inexhaustible eloquence."
what did he mean by this?
>>
That a handful of playing cards actually are the key to ultimate understanding. That seems to be the statement, at least.
>>
It means git gud
>>
what's the best way to study the tarot?
>>
>>19168240
read a few basic books on the subject, and rely on your intuition.
>>
>>19168227

My interpretation:

Thoughtful reflection upon what they see in the cards will allow them to extrapolate for 'unknowns' and figure shit out with just a little information.

>>19168240

Learn about the associations and meanings; Practice, meditate, and accept that oftentimes things are more than the sum of their individual parts.

Short and sweet: Learn to think about shit.
>>
>>19168258
Is MPH's chapter in SToAA on tarot sufficient or would I be better served getting a book dedicated to the subject?
>>
>>19168267

Personally, I would suggest 78 Degrees of Wisdom and Book of Numbers (Numerology) as a starting point after Secret Teachings~. It's a little rough around the edges, but will get you basically what you need. In addition, should you decide to use a Thoth deck, the Book of Thoth.
>>
>>19168292
>Book of Numbers (Numerology)
By Eileen Connolly?
>>
>>19168227
We have a Divination general sug
>>
File: 1 Magician.gif (114KB, 225x528px) Image search: [Google]
1 Magician.gif
114KB, 225x528px
>>19168227
>FTFY
>>
>>19168341
No one likes those Tumblr autism threads.
>>
>>19168227
He is saying that Tarot holds the key to understanding ourselves and if we learned how to truly use it we would be able to unlock our full potential and acquire universal knowledge
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.