[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terence McKenna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3812.jpg (31KB, 184x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3812.jpg
31KB, 184x288px
Was he correct, or was he /x/-tier? The future he predicted seems to be manifesting in reality.
>>
Bump for universal elven ayylmaos
>>
>>19167747
And that future is........?
>>
>>19168757
bumping for answer to this
>>
>>19168757
Just fucking google the archaic revival.
Not OP but you guys are all lazy as fuck.
Why are you here?
>>
>>19168816
I asked because I don't knew about the future McKenna predicted and I'm a very obsessed follower of his work.
>>
>>19168816
fuck you. op is the lazy person.
op started a thread with one single post asking a dumb question and left it hanging.
that's not even how to start a thread retard
>>
>>19168842
That humans and technology are merging and transcending all current life known to this point, into a totally new level of novelty- similar to the way human minds have transcended the animal mind to what we see today. That the UFO is the strange attractor that is pulling technological advancement to some already predetermined outcome at the end of history.
>>
Timewave zero turned out to be bullshit so I guess I kinda lost interest in his other predictions. I do have a lot of respect for his psychonauticism though and believe there is wisdom and truth to be found in such explorations.
>>
>>19168816
>Why are you here?

just to suffer?
>>
>>19168757
https://youtu.be/QuEMuGT864s
>>
>>19168982
How has it turned out to be total bullshit?
>>
I need answers
>>
>>19169020
he said 2012 was the zero point or whatever. supposedly was supposed to be the end of time.
well just about nothing special happened and everything still going the same as before.
>>
File: timewave2.png (81KB, 1114x824px) Image search: [Google]
timewave2.png
81KB, 1114x824px
>>
>>19169430
world changed drastically after 2012
>>
>>19169430
>>19169525
Yes, the world is nearly irrecognizable from the world before 2000-2010. What is the difference if his prediction was a few years off?
>>
I was reading about this timewave zero theory yesterday and by kek curiosity, checked september 2017 on it's calculator website.
This is the result >>19169480
I discovered it when lurking a "sandy hook lingerie party massacre" movie thread on abovetopsecret.
Curious I think, to say at least.
>>
>>19170123
>post ends in 23
>>
File: twz2.png (551KB, 8056x1688px) Image search: [Google]
twz2.png
551KB, 8056x1688px
>>19169480
for shits and giggles i mapped out the entire year.

just right click and view image, otherwise the zoom is shitty
>>
>>19170456
and i just looked at todays date, looks like there'll be a bit of novelty coming our way
>>
>>19168982
depends though. what are your thoughts on 'phantom time'?
>>
>>19167747
I heard he was a CIA experiment on like Psy ops or false flagging to see how many retards they could convince with his bullshit and it seems it worked
>>
McKenna had some cool shit to say about psychedelics and the nature of reality in the same vein as Alan Watts but when it comes to timewave zero, I don't understand how you could be defending that nonsense.

McKenna wasn't saying that 2012 would be a year of drastic change (which, also, it wasn't particularly, compared to the rest of the century). He predicted the end of the world. And he then adopted 21/12/2012 from his actual calculated prediction (sometime in November 2012) when he heard that was the Mayan calendar's end date. It was just a bunch of subjective approximations and guesswork.

2012 didn't happen. Move on.
>>
I was kind of bummed when I understood that he felt mushrooms gave him cancer. I felt that's a bit cold turning your back on something that really opened your eyes and was kind of stupid saying mushrooms give you cancer. I never like mushrooms, magic or otherwise, but recently there was some talk about how just the regular white ones are powerful aromatase inhibitors and eating them well cooked helps kelp your test up and stops conversion to estrogen and blah, blah blah. I'm getting older and fatter so sure why not, and start having mushrooms with a couple of meals a week. Read about how they should be cooked, and it turns out we don't digest them too well and when we do the cell walls of the fungus breakdown into hydrazine, you know like rocketfuel, which is big time carcinogen. He was right, mushrooms do give you cancer, especially the raw ones. I bet you he was right about everything else too.
>>
Strange.
When "walking my path" trough 2007-2014 on ayahuaska and xamanic ways of see existence (wich obviously changed the shit out of me), I had a lot of contact with people that was studying several mayan calendars.
Like 40-50-60 old people who really knew this stuff, and all this 2012 "end of the world" was, at first, an insult... and then a joke, like for everybody else.
The world was/is going through a portal, and even shills can feel it.
Maybe they plan to pretend it's gonna end/be invaded.
>>
>>19170528
I never read about Mushrooms causing Terence cancer, in the wikipedia page says it was the cannabis that he taught gave him cancer,
>>
>>19168970
>similar to the way human minds have transcended the animal mind to what we see today
you are fucking disillusioned if you actually believe this
>>
>>19170614
cool misanthropic malapropism bro
>>
>>19168842
>and I'm a very obsessed follower of his work.
But you didn't know about novelty theory?
>>
>>19170690
Yes, but if you look closely, OP never put which future, you see, it could be novelty theory, but also could be a comeback to the time where he said his stoned ape theory was alive, it could be more scientific and serious study of psychedelics, etc. It could also be just a comment on an video, in one of his last interviews he mentioned how bad the creation of synthetic drugs was bad, and that's happening more. I suppose you get my idea.
>>
File: Alex_Grey_Laughing_Man1.jpg (448KB, 696x700px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey_Laughing_Man1.jpg
448KB, 696x700px
>>19170123
I just stumbled across this earlier in some other thread, major synchronicity.

http://prepareforchange.net/the-event/
>>
File: 1497819931469.jpg (3MB, 1160x7500px) Image search: [Google]
1497819931469.jpg
3MB, 1160x7500px
>>19170123
And this
>>
>>19170800
Yes... this is what led me to post the website calcutator result.
And what about that sandy hook lingerie massacre movie? It was made on 2000 and this strange review about it was posted exactly on aurora shooting day.
Check the first review paragraph:
"So here we have Sandy Hook Lingerie Party Massacre. Let’s say that again, SANDY HOOK LINGERIE PARTY MASSACRE! What do you think of when you see that combination of words? What’s in a title anyway? Does it have a cryptic meaning? Who is Sandy Hook? What on earth am I writing about? Let’s move on…"
wtf?
>>
File: Cacodemon.png (4KB, 256x264px) Image search: [Google]
Cacodemon.png
4KB, 256x264px
>>19170800

Looks like a Cacodemon
>>
>>19170833
Yeah,well I'm not seeing what the guy that made that sees. Planets aren't exactly stars, the under the feet thing doesn't check out. I don't see the dragon resemblance, and the passages are written as if it already happened.

Though I'm curious what, if anything will happen, because of the number synchronicities alone.

No clue about that movie & desu I'm pretty ignorant about Sandy Hook.

>>19170864
true dat
>>
>>19170800
you know every time I get all pumped up that this shit is about to end I get let down

Oh well. I have a joint and a lawn chair from which I can watch the tidal waves of fire when they finally do come
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.