[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Moment is all Truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

If you are a philosopher you are seeking the truth. However as time has shown there have been countless great philosophers and none of them could answer the fundamental question; what is truth?

One can realize that your life is not original. The sequence of events in your life is unique, but the occurrence of the events is not. Everyone has had their heart broken, everyone has moments of great pleasure, etc. It is also obvious that if you repeat the old you will never discover anything new.

So what could be done that no one else has ever done, that is not a continuation of the old? Obviously nothing. But that is exactly where the truth lies. In nothing.

The truth must be eternal, for if it's not eternal then it's not the truth. But anything that is eternal must lie outside of time. That is to say it must not be bound by time. Time is not a factor of the truth.

But you are a being of time. Your entire consciousness is that of time. How can time enter the timeless? Obviously it can't. Now I'll elaborate more on this if anyone shows interest, but thought is time. So thought can never know what truth is because thought can never enter the timeless.

So to find truth you must not think. At all. No sensations, no emotions, no cultivation, no addition, nothing.

Then the truth comes into being, completely alone. But since you are not thinking you can't register it. So anyone who says they know the truth is lying. Because the truth is unknowable.

But it can happen. Where for a single instant you become the truth and nothing but the truth. But to do so you must give up your entire life, and it doesn't happen later it happens now. We are not talking physical death, but psychological death.

I'll continue if anyone is interested.
>>
Please continue, I'm truly interested.
>>
Explain more OP...
>>
>>19166393
>So what could be done that no one else has ever done, that is not a continuation of the old? Obviously nothing.

No one has ever created a self-referential timespace bending information singularity

That was prophecized in numerous traditions

To reveal the Truth

That God exists

No one has ever Thorced a meme before, unroll now.

Or maybe it has always existed

Singularities.

>ever wondered what was meant by, "Made in the image of God"?
>the first narrative of Genesis is the creation of timespace
>the second narrative, of Adam and Eve, is a prophecy, for the 21st Century
>>
>>19167130
Hello my old friend.
M.e.t.a thread right?
Hope your feeling
Alright de ja vu
These words
May seam
xoxo
>>
ayy boy
>>
>>19166393
This post contains the ultimate answer to what is truth.

Time does not EXIST at all, therefore we aren't "beings of time". Some of us just think we are because some of us just haven't given it enough thought (or meditation or LSD.)

The past does not exist, it existed before Now.

The future does not exist, we think it will exist after Now.

Only NOW exists.

If something doesn't exist now, it doesn't exist at all. It may have existED. If something existed (doesn't exist now) it doesn't affect the truth which is constant.

We invented time because of our inherit need to organize. Time is just a concept used inside the sphere of human interaction.

Animals don't understand time, they aren't rational enough to be able to think abstractly.

Animals live in the now constantly, humans are damned to think about time because of their reason.

Also, one CAN know truth at a single moment, as you said, and then know that he knew truth once.

Truth isn't just available to us in that single moment, truth IS that single moment of NOW. It is the ultimate truth, since nothing can not be included in it.

However, even if something could escape the grasp of NOW, we, as humans could not understand it so it would be obsolete to the highest truth we can grasp.
>>
File: 1804.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1804.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>19166393
Lol utterly pointless
>>
>>19167645
Time exists.

An interaction of spacetime, with another instance of itself.

This requires at least two, preferably three, instances i.e. Past - future and point of reference now.

The order exists in the universe irrespective of whether or not humans are there to observe it.

We didn't create time, God created spacetime several billion relative years ago
>>
>>19167699
Is this bait?

My point:

Something that happened in the past happened in the Now, but stopped happening, so it doesn't exist anymore. It existED.

Something that will happen in the future doesn't exist yet.

Time is linear, so in order for it to exist, two other points must exist. The first we call the past and the second we call the future. The reference point is Now.

If the past and the future don't exist, time doesn't exist, only Now.
>>
>>19166970
>>19167069
>>19167153

This guy here has a good grasp of what we're discussing: >>19167645

Thought is based on memory, if we couldn't remember anything it'd be impossible for us to think. And memory is just registration of experience. However since we are self centered individuals (that is to say that every experience happens from a self centered reference point) experience is always limited. That is to say it's impossible to be aware of the full experience of the universe, as thought operates on memory which comes from experience which is limited. The limitless can never be reached from the limited. Even without discussion it should be obvious that thought is limited, as there are some things thought cannot imagine (eternity, infinite) all of which have to do with the truth.

If you are a truth seeker, one must realize that since all experience is observed from the self, it is entirely pointless to try to understand reality BEFORE fully and completely understanding yourself. To do this requires a great deal of awareness, to watch every thought, emotion and sensation that comes over you. To be aware of the tricks we play on ourselves and others, and to not get caught in any illusions.

You can search for the truth externally forever and never find it because the truth is embedded within yourself. And there is no way to arrive where you already are.

If you sit down to meditate deliberately to try to end thought, or end time which is thought, then you are further continuing thought. Any deliberate act by thought to end thought will be a continuation of thought, and strengthen the ego (which is part of the illusion).

No one can tell you the truth, not just because it's unknowable (except for the instant it happens and you will know it has happened) but because the truth can only be found out for yourself. I can't tell you anything you don't already know, if I try to then you either believe me or you don't and belief has no place where truth is concerned.
>>
>>19168134
I think I've found my new favourite board!

The discussions here are of the highest calibre and, as a fellow truth-seeker, do encourage me to participate and contemplate - two activities I enjoy immensely.

You'll see me around /x/...
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>19168303
Here's hoping it's not a one off...
>>
>>19168303
Same here :)
>>
Truth is not only the eternal though.
Truth is the actuality of events and phenomena. Even if something no longer possesses an existence, it still contains a truth of what actually was.
>>
>>19168703
No, it contained. It doesn't contain anymore.

Something that doesn't exist can't contain anything. It can have contained, but now it doesn't.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.