[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I wouldn't say I'm highly religious but I do believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost and Christian teachings. I believe in miracles.
I believe miracles or "magic" are a power that's inherent in us, left by God as he molded us in his image (or the image we'd eventually become, as stated in Intelligent Creation), but only achievable by reaching full faith/belief/etc.

We can't achieve this even with the most religious of zealots (or none reported anyway) because as humans, we have a percentage that always prevents us from reaching 100% belief because we're grounded in what we perceive as reality.
e.g. One would believe he can move a mountain. But in one's "reality", one knows that one can only move mountains with sheer force so that knowledge keeps us from reaching 100% faith/belief.

Case in point is Peter starting to sink when he had doubts in the miracle at hand. In the moment he saw the Lord walking on water, the ability to walk on water was ingrained in his reality as a possible and doable scenario which eventually he doubts, leaving him to the mercy of the waters and the Lord's hand.

I don't believe in chaos magic but if it does work I believe it's someone going infinitesimally close to 99.9% belief.

In lieu of all this, I believe that the most plausible way to perform "magic"/miracles/reality-bending/chance-shaping is to see someone else perform an act of magic itself: allowing one to eliminate something that prevents him from going 100% belief/faith in his "reality".
And because of this I think it's impossible for most to reach this magic.

Does anyone share the same views or something close to it?
>>
>because as humans, we have a percentage that always prevents us from reaching 100% belief

What's your ontological framework? I don't see a justification for this presupposition.

>But in one's "reality"

Just discovered solipsism eh? Gonna try to argue about the curvature of the Earth next?

>Case in point is Peter starting to sink when he had doubts in the miracle at hand.

Using myths as a literal event do nothing to help your posit. Indeed, it makes it seem rather ignorant.

>I don't believe in chaos magic

But your god's magic is real? Why should it be?

>Does anyone share the same views or something close to it?

I disagree with your haphazard rationale. It doesn't even seem internally consistent, assuming that yes your god "does magic."
>>
>>19165766
Thats most people of the western esoteric tradition view on it. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that count.

As you said, Chaos magick depends nearly completely on the belief of the user and their intention that it will work. I, for one, generally see the world in the way you have described -- though I am starting to become convinced of the reincarnation cycle found in many other religions.
>>
>>19165793
nevermind, I misread you.
Disregard this post
>>
>>19165766
the christian teachings say that all those miracles were made by God through people thus it doesn't belong to us though
>>
You are breathing a life sustaining invisible gas right now. Still not impressed? Moonlight is cold.
>>
>>19165825
Made by God made manifest through men. But faith (or even priesthood in specific cases) is a requirement.

>>19165784
>Ontological framework
The physical universe is our grounded and shared reality. I am uncertain if God is outside this physical universe, was outside, was made to be outside, was once outside, etc. But I believe God

>Solipsism
I apologize that I didn't clear this out. Not very good with words but "reality" is shared between every conscious being in this "plane" as one might call it. Altering another's reality is as simple as interacting with them (talking, being seen by them or even just breathing from halfway across the world)

>Peter
Just using it as an example of how my belief works. Shouldn't have used "case in point"

>Chaos, God, which is real?
I have no other answer for it other than "it's what I believe"

>>19165833
I do not understand what you mean to posit.
I am a firm believer in both God and science. I believe in Climate Change (and the acceleration contributed by man), Spherical Earth etc.
>>
>>19166213
>But I believe God
*But I believe God interacts with this universe from an outside "plane"
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.