[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we living in the Kali-Yuga? How can we end it? Is it even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: mahabharata.jpg (328KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
mahabharata.jpg
328KB, 800x445px
Are we living in the Kali-Yuga? How can we end it? Is it even going to end? When has it begun?

Personally, I truly feel like we are living in an Age of Confusion. Everyone is so disconnected from the metaphysical aspects of life and religion. No one controls themselves anymore.

Philosophy after philosophy, dogma after dogma, no one seems to have found anything of real importance. No one seems to care that the government is lying to us, that the human spirit is dying as we speak.

What will we need to awaken our people? Who or what will do it? When will we reach the Krita-Yuga/Satya-Yuga?
>>
File: Ahimsa.gif (27KB, 218x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ahimsa.gif
27KB, 218x366px
>>
File: dharma wheel.jpg (481KB, 1812x1212px) Image search: [Google]
dharma wheel.jpg
481KB, 1812x1212px
What is your version of the meaning of life?
>>
>>19163399
>Are we living in the Kali-Yuga?
Yes. I think it's supposed to be a while until it ends though. If I remember correctly, Kalki will end it. Then an interstitial period, then it'll all start over.
>>
>>19163399

According to the Surya Siddhanta, Kali Yuga began at midnight (00:00) on 18 February 3102 BCE.

>How can we end it?
Yugas should be treated just like seasons, ie. winter is necessary for spring.

It is your ignorance to treat Kali Yuga as evil, it may be harsh like winter, but winter is necessary for spring to arrive. You get the point.

Also, it is said in the scriptures that in this age alone it is possible to gain enlightenment in single lifetime whilst alive.
>>
>>19163428
Well we can't really estimate when it will end because I don't think we know when it starts. Or do we? I'm not an expert on the subject.
>>
>>19163443
I see. I understand that in this context enlightenment is some form of awakening only accentuated by the "sleeping" of the others, so-to-speak.
>>
File: maha-mantra.png (64KB, 600x239px) Image search: [Google]
maha-mantra.png
64KB, 600x239px
>>19163399
Yes, technically.
>How can we end it?
It is not for us to end, but you can remove yourself from it.
>Is it even going to end?
Yes.
>When has it begun?
Approximately 5000 years ago.

>What will we need to awaken our people?
"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy the only means of deliverance is chanting of the holy name of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way." (Brhad Naradiya Purana)

"The supreme goal which was attained in Satya-yuga by years of prolonged meditation; in Treta-yuga by performing extensive yajnas; in Dvapara-yuga by opulent and scrupulous Deity worship; in Kali-yuga the same results are easily had simply by the chanting of the holy name." (Visnu Purana)

"Oh brahmana, chanting of the holy name is the auspicious process in Kali Yuga. It is the highest auspiciousness for mankind. There is no other way." (Padma Purana)

"The hallmark of a mahabhagavata the most elevated devotee in Kali-yuga is that he chants the holy name of the Lord constantly. (Skanda Purana)

"After searching through all the Vedic literature one cannot find a method of religion more sublime for this age than the chanting of Hare Krsna." (Kali Santarana Upanisad)

>When will we reach the Krita-Yuga/Satya-Yuga?
Satya-Yuga will begin in approx. 428,000 years.
>>
>>19163602
That's a.... long time. Interesting, nonetheless.
>>
>>19163602
I don't necessarily understand why chanting hare krsna is the way to enlightenment during the kali yuga.

Why can't I simply meditate on the All or chant a title I select to represent the All?
>>
>>19163624
It reminds me of biblical religion

sacred names you give all praise to

that's the foundation of a civilization, dogma after dogma
>>
File: vedic timecycle.gif (33KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
vedic timecycle.gif
33KB, 600x430px
>>19163618
Vedic conception of time is long. Though there are people who disagree with this understanding of the Yugas.

In any case - we are very small.

>>19163624
If you wish to get into Gaudiya Vaishnavism, there are reasons to specifically use the Hare Krishna mantra. If you are looking into bhakti-yoga, then by all means use whatever name of the Supreme Personality you prefer. The point is the loving service to the Supreme Personality and if you have a different mantra (such as Christians are given the Lord's Prayer) or a name that attracts you more then use the one of your tradition. If you are looking into it from an impersonal conception of the Supreme, then from that view it doesn't matter on the specific name, but if it doesn't matter why NOT chant Hare Krishna?

I need to head out right now, but I'll check for the thread when I return tonight.
>>
>>19163602
How can you remove yourself from it?
>>
>>19163399
No one single philosophy can save you. Everyone's gotta do it themselves, to the extent you realize the problem. Just be happy you know what's up
>>
>>19163399
It just ended it has two cycles then we really enter the mental age.

Coincidentally the mayan creation calendar also ended. And the Mormons believe we've entered the era of light and life.
>>
>>19163399
Jesus Christ is the Lord. This is his creation.
>>
>>19163416
Make my life as good as possible before it ends
>>
>>19163709
You ascend/become enlightened/go back to God

"removing yourself" from Kali Yuga is really the same as removing yourself from any other age. The difference being in the methods used to do so.

As the other Bhakta anon said above, the Vedic texts say that to ascend during Kali Yuga one must chant the Holy Names of the Lord.
>>
>>19163399
>
Personally, I truly feel like we are living in an Age of Confusion. Everyone is so disconnected from the metaphysical aspects of life and religion. No one controls themselves anymore.

I can tell you're a new soul. This your first incarnation? You have a lot to learn. :)

It has always been like this and will continue to be.
>>
>>19163758
Trump got elected. Europe is dying. Global climate change is real. We are currently living in the 6th mass extinction. Degeneracy is rising and religion decreasing. The rich are richer and the poor poorer.

Does this sound like the era of light and life?
>>
Praise Kek! The Kalki is here!
>>
>>19163637
We must not look back to the waya of Krishna, but forward to the Kalki!
>>
File: 1494459025305.png (55KB, 187x209px) Image search: [Google]
1494459025305.png
55KB, 187x209px
>>19164379
i talked to 3 pandits and they were all for trump

most of them said they did his chart and he was spaded out with luck

can someone explain?
>>
File: Sanjay.jpg (39KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
Sanjay.jpg
39KB, 500x364px
>>19163399
>>
>>19164377
>everyone is so disconnected
Sounds like a whole lotta projection there :)
>>
>>19163709
You become removed from the Yuga by chanting Hare Krsna
>>
>>19164547
You simply don't understand. :)
>>
>>19163399
No, we're not.
It's Dwapara Yuga
>>
>>19164379

Yup. Trump wasn't supposed to be. Europe is dying because of the forces that didn't want Trump to be. Environmentalism was hollowed out as a sham for organized criminals; that will be cleared with the clearing of the present corruption, and then you will really see what human power can do for the environment when it is unleashed to the purpose.

All of these things you have noticed... have you not noticed? You have noticed them!
>>
>>19164379
>Europe is dying
How?
>Degeneracy is rising
Cool meme
>Religion is decreasing
This is a good thing, idiot.
>>
>>19164612
Spirituality is decreasing, that's a terrible thing. We're reverting to animals
>>
>>19164558
>it has always been like this
is the line of one that hasn't experienced anything but their own tunnel vision
>>
>>19164621
Just as moisture in the air becomes most solid prior to dawn, our spirit too becomes its most material before dawn comes in a blaze of light
>>
>>19164713
Not really. What happens at the end of this degenerate age is that everyone that's left just dies

Then we get reincarnated somewhere else, oblivious to the fact that we just came out of a horrible age
>>
>>19164705
You speak of tunnel vision, yet you must know all about it yes?
>>
>>19163709
Ultimately the way to remove the self from the cycle of samsara is to lose any and all desire for material pursuits. There are many ways recommended to do this, in this day and age the recommended process is mantra meditation.

Of course, while bhakti-yoga is often approached for the purpose of mukti/transcendence/liberation, liberation is not the goal of bhakti-yoga. Or rather, when one is purely performing loving service to Krishna, the question of liberation becomes irrelevant and sometimes a distraction to be avoided.
>>
>>19164396
Currently, Gaudiya Vaishnavas consider this to be a "grace period" of a Golden Age during Kali Yuga. It began 500 years ago with the advent of Lord Chaitanya and will span 10,000 years.

>I will descend on the earth after the passage of four thousand years in the Kali-Age, and before the passsage of five thousand years. I will come on the earth on the bank of the Ganges,. I will be a tall and saintly brahmana devotee. I will have all the auspicious symptoms of an exalted person. I will exhibit renunciation. I will have all auspicious signs. I will be a devotee, practicing bhakti-yoga. I will taste the rasa of My own devotional service. (Atharva Veda)
>In the seventh manvantara, in the beginning of the Kali-Yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead will, accompanied by His own associates, descend in a golden form to the earth. He will teach the chanting of His own names.
(Atharva-Veda Purusa-Bodhini-Upanisad 8)
>"O best of the brahmanas, My disguised form is eternal. In this way, with My own form hidden from ordinary sight I take the form of a devotee and appear among the people in general in order to establish and protect religious principles." (Adi Purana)
>‘O Brahmana, I occasionally take the sannyasa asrama in an attempt to bring the fallen people of Kali Yuga to take up the path of bhakti or devotional service to Lord Krsna. (Upa-purana)

It is a rare occurrence (IIRC, Krishna does this approximtely once every 1000 Kali Yugas) and it should be taken advantage of. But if you are sincere in your devotion to Lord Kalki then by all means carry on.
>>
>>19164388
I am here :)
>>
>>19165589
Is there any particular reason why this happened? Why this Kali Yuga?
>>
It's the age of Aquarius, it is said to be an age of "wild abandon". This will result in people either wildly abandoning into evil, or into good.

But since the ruling planet of Aquarius is Saturn, an evil entity, and that everything matches with the Bible's end times, I think the balance will fall into evil and cause the end of the world.
>>
>>19164621

Actually I see spirituality decreasing in some, and greatly increasing in others.

In the end times, people become more perfect (in the moral sense) and it will be like heaven on earth for those that go toward purity. It's not going to be all sufferings.
>>
>>19163399
You're dead. Kali Yuga is consistent and constant. Just like Biblical End times prophecies, etc. That's what they do. Distractions.
>>
>>19166005
>Is there any particular reason why this happened?
The Chaitanya Charitamrita gives an external and internal reason:
Externally, to elevate jivas to the position of pure loving service.
>CC Ādi 3.26: “My plenary portions can establish the principles of religion for each age. No one but Me, however, can bestow the kind of loving service performed by the residents of Vraja.
>CC Ādi 3.28: “Therefore in the company of My devotees I shall appear on earth and perform various colorful pastimes.”
Internally, to relish the mood of His Eternal Consort, Srimati Radharani.
>CC Ādi 4.230: Desiring to understand the glory of Rādhārāṇī’s love, the wonderful qualities in Him that She alone relishes through Her love, and the happiness She feels when She realizes the sweetness of His love, the Supreme Lord Hari, richly endowed with Her emotions, appeared from the womb of Śrīmatī Śacī-devī, as the moon appeared from the ocean.”

>Why this Kali Yuga?
This I do not know. It might be as simple as this one "coincided" with the "moment" Krishna decided to do it. But time is tricky in the spiritual - the whole "eternal now" and all.
>>
>>19163602
could it be that the act of removing oneself from what is called the kali-yuga is actually a widely understood and practiced concept outside of hinduism, just that hinduism describes it more aptly than anything else?

what is the impact of this philosophy in particular on the cultures that study and practice it? does it have a similar effect on developing a society like how christianity contributed to western civilization during the middle ages?
>>
>>19166068
>>19166073
My speculation is that the Chaitanya Golden Age will be like a parallel advancement to the secular one we see happening in most Western-influenced nations. I think spiritually we will increase for 4000-5000 years, but will dwindle and fade from there, as the scientific advancement continues. I say dwindle and fade because most things don't end abruptly. They end with a whimper, not a bang. Or at least I can hope it won't lead to conflict at the end. In any case, I think secular advancement will continue for another 200k years or so. Things are going to get very nice materially before they start getting worse. But spiritually it will become more and more barren. Though small pockets should still be around until the last stages of Kali-Yuga. The "end times" are described in the Bhagavatam as having humans extremely stunted in growth, giving birth to children as a food supply, and having little or no vegetation or animal life left; two-legged beasts in every sense of the word.
>>
>>19166201
>could it be that the act of removing oneself from what is called the kali-yuga is actually a widely understood and practiced concept outside of hinduism, just that hinduism describes it more aptly than anything else?

Yes? If I understand you correctly, you are asking if there are other, legit traditions and processes for breaking the cycle of birth and death. I would say yes.

>what is the impact of this philosophy in particular on the cultures that study and practice it?
I don't really know what to say to this. I would hope a culture sincerely following bhakti-yoga would become more empathic, less self-interested, and more stoic. I suppose you could also look into what effects were had from the introduction of ISKCON, TM, and other Vedic sampradayas to the US.

>like how christianity contributed to western civilization during the middle ages?
No, Gaudiya Vaishnavism has not had nearly the effect of Christianity. Though I consider Christianity to be a form of bhakti-yoga.

I feel like I am giving inadequate answers to your questions.
>>
ye
>How can we end it?
You don't. Such is the nature of the times.

The Yugas are cycles of time just like day and night, summer winter, etc. We're currently in the night time of consciousness on this planet, in which there is an occlusion of self-knowledge in all aspects of life, humans, animals, plants included.

This night time produces a dream like state of the planet in which due to the eclipsing of self-knowledge, there is widespread ignorance and false knowledge substituted in place. In a way, we are living in a time of perversion, where life is turned upside down, and nobody knows which way is up.

If you think of the yugas as a wheel with Kali yuga at the bottom, lasting for the shortest period, it is said that we are currently on the way back up and out of the darkest times.

However, that doesn't mean that the dark times are over. We're still in it, and the possibility for total mass suicide is still there. Just look at the era we live in. It has not yet even been a century since the last great war where millions of people suffered and died from horrible acts of violence.

But fear not because in some sense, as insensitive as it may be to say, everything is divinely orchestrated and is as should be.

The day and night cycle has benefits. The Yuga cycle also has benefits. There is a purpose to the waking and sleeping of consciousness. Consciousness, God, Nature, or whatever word you want to use is seeking to know itself infinitely. To know itself again in a new way, a new point of view, it must forget itself totally, so that new self knowledge, a new birth of self-awareness can take place. Just like how living beings die in order for new forms to arise. Those new forms are unique expression of the One, yet are not the same. That is the beauty of it. It is a continuously new discovery of that which we call God.

So in this current cycle we are in, we are coming to the threshold of awakening to God anew.
>>
>>19166276
What sampradaya do you belong to?
>>
>>19163624
In this age, human beings typically don't have the wherewithal to do serious meditative practices. The effects of nescience is too great in this period in time. That is why the simplest practice offered and most effective is to just remember the divine via chanting, praying, etc. aka bhakti yoga. People understand this, they know how profound this period of ignorance is. The religions reflect this outright. Full of ignorance in their teachings, yet at the essence are all means to call out to and remember the divine.

>Why can't I simply meditate on the All or chant a title I select to represent the All?
You can. Try it and see for yourself. The important thing is to yearn for the Truth or the Divine. It is the same.

>>19163709
by realizing you that that Divinity itself. You don't remove yourself from it per say. You just dissolve into it, die totally into it so that you and that are no longer separate and there is no longer that suffering born out of separation.

You do not prevail out of Kali Yuga. You do not win over life. You will lose totally and completely until there is nothing left but total surrender, and that is unity.

On another note, a good rule of thumb to tell what age we are in is to see how well we are communicating. The further we are into the darkness of Kali Yuga, the more we perceive our separateness and thus communication is slow, ineffective. It is said that in the Golden age there was no need to speak. The need to speak came at a time when connectivity was forgotten. Currently we are in the time when communication and the sharing of ideas are slowly improving.
>>
>>19166311
None, but I suppose if I ask my teachers, they would say Kashmir Shaivism.
>>
>>19166270
nah they were good answers, thanks
>>
>>19163399
we are in dwapara yuga, the idea we are in kali yuga is a miss calculation same with the length of the yugas
>>
>>19163399
It is the age of Pisces.
If you are European I do not know why you are listening to the foreign voices of Kali.
>>
>>19164379
For one, if you think Trump getting elected is some awful thing you aren't thinking too deeply. Trump getting elected showed how fed up people are with the way things are going. They are fed up because they are no longer satisfied with the materialistic degeneracy of the age. Trump isn't important by himself, it's what he represents.

Also, there is a transitional period between ages, that will likely be very destructive. Things will get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
>>
File: 2020.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
2020.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>19163399
Its ok anon everything is going according to plan
>>
File: yukteshwar-yugas.jpg (41KB, 599x595px) Image search: [Google]
yukteshwar-yugas.jpg
41KB, 599x595px
>>19166495
This

It makes much more sense to connect the yugas to the precision of the equinox, which is about 26k years long. The most common astronomical interpretation is close to that cycle with 24k years.
Keep in mind that many ancient civilizations were actually aware of the precision of the equinoxes and made it a central part of their mythology and aligned their temples and sacred sites according to this cycle.

As you can see from pic related, in this interpretation we already left kali yuga behind us for a little more than 300 years and are on the ascending part of the cycle again.

Gives a lot better outlook for life on this planet than having to endure another 428k years of dark age.
>>
>>19163399
Every single thing you just described can be googled you stupid nigger
>>
>>19164377
People and knowledge are disjointed. Much of what is Santana Dharma and the Vedas was the knowledge which was spoken of in the book of Enoch. He describes 200 Angels descending to earth at mt Hermon/Meru and imparting sacred knowledge to man. This knowledge was the Vedas but mixed with lies. In other words its a tech manual not a spiritual one. Modern "Hindusism" is nothing more than the worship of fallen angels/devas/asuras.
>>
>>19166495
>>19167023
The events in the Mahabharata happened during Dwapara Yuga. All it takes is for you to read it to realize how different modern humans are to humans in Dwapara Yuga
People in the Dwapara Yuga live for 1,000~ years (like many ancient biblical figures)

Does this sound like we're in Dwapara Yuga? The Yugas are not connected to material or scientific advancement, which is really the only thing that has changed in the last 300 years. Humans are the same humans as when Kali Yuga started ~5,000 years ago. What changes from Yuga to Yuga is spirituality and righteousness.

Also, at the end of Kali Yuga the world gets essentially wiped clean. Same as at the end of Dwapara Yuga (the biblical flood is part of this). There is just no way we would undergo a Yuga change without noticing it.

Also, "having to endure" 428k years of dark age doesn't matter because you only get to live ~100 years or less. Then you die and reincarnate and go through this again and again and again. Oblivious to the fact that you've done this for aeons past, like a cloth that has been put in a washing machine innumerable times, yet only remembers each time as if it was new. Not to mention that 500k years is nothing compared to higher timescales.

If you want to stop enduring this , then exit the cycle of Samsara.
>>
>>19167354
>Oblivious to the fact that you've done this for aeons past
Not if you dedicate yourself to striving for liberation (which, never forget, can also be achieved after death)
>>
>>19163399

We're truly in a degenerate era, and I participate
>>
>>19168699
If you strive for liberation chances are you've been here for a while now

I'm not saying you'll be here for aeons. I'm saying you have been here.
>>
>>19167234

you are confused.
>>
>>19167023
Vedic astrology already takes the procession of the equinox and axial tilt into account. There are specific astronomical formations noted as to when the Yugas start and stop. To dismiss these references along with entire scriptures like the Surya-Siddhanta is to basically deny any legitimacy to the idea of Yugas entirely.

Not only that, the pic you have is explicitly contradicted by passages stating Satya Yuga will follow Kali Yuga. I have seen that pic before and never seen any sloka supporting it, or explanation as to where it was derived. It is bogus.

>SB 12.2.12-16 — By the time the Age of Kali ends...the Supreme Personality of Godhead will appear on the earth...
>SB 12.2.18 — Lord Kalki will appear in the home of the most eminent brāhmaṇa of Śambhala village, the great soul Viṣṇuyaśā.
>SB 12.2.23 — When the Supreme Lord has appeared on earth as Kalki, the maintainer of religion, Satya-yuga will begin, and human society will bring forth progeny in the mode of goodness.
>SB 12.2.24 — When the moon, the sun and Bṛhaspatī are together in the constellation Karkaṭa, and all three enter simultaneously into the lunar mansion Puṣyā — at that exact moment the age of Satya, or Kṛta, will begin.
> SB 12.2.34 — After the one thousand celestial years of Kali-yuga, the Satya-yuga will manifest again. At that time the minds of all men will become self-effulgent.
>>
>>19164859
No shit sherlock. The difference is I acknowledge how limited I am. All I know is that I know nothing. Plato figured it out a long time ago
>>
>>19168913
Along with this, I am currently searching for any passage that specifically mentions the lifespan of humans in each age. The Bhagavatam states that BY THE END of Kali Yuga, humans will live for 50 years on average. I know the common knowledge is that in Kali Yuga, the average lifespan will be 100 years, and that each successivbe "higher" age has a ten-fold increase in years. Thus
Kali - 100 years
Dvarapa - 1000 years
Treta - 10,000 years
Satya - 100,000 years

Clearly if people are living for 100,000 years, the Satya Yuga cannot last for only 4000 years. People from Satya-Yuga would live for 4 entire Mahayugas if we take 27,000 years as the time to complete a cycle.

I have so far not been able to find a passage referencing these lifespans. I did find a site giving a rough overview of the Puranic description of the Yugas, then a description for the variants out there. It seems the 27,000 thing came about from speculations by the guru of Paramahansa Yogananda.

http://baharna.com/karma/yuga.htm

I would be grateful if anyone could find a source for the lifespan bit. My thought is it's somewhere in the Mahabharata.
>>
>>19168915
Best post yet, nobody knows anything.
Socrates though, if he wasn't just an invention of Plato.
>>
>>19168928
Numbers are the main thing that gets distorted from divine sources.

Besides, they do not matter at all.

Right now we are in the beginning of Kali Yuga. We are living an average of 100 years or less. This is all we need to know.

Satya Yuga will come when it comes. Kali Yuga will end when it ends. It is not important at all for us humans to know these dates.

If it ends 400,000 years from now or 200 years from now it is the exact same thing for all of us currently alive.
>>
>>19169078

If you think the numbers don't matter, you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>19169109
Why do you care if Kali Yuga ends 200 years from now or 3,000,000? You'll be dead long before both dates.
>>
>>19163602
hare krishna pls go
>>
>>19163602
Am I allowed to get tattoos if I'm Hare Krishna?
>>
>>19163637
Gaudiya Vaishnavism is the most superficial piece of garbage that Hinduism has to offer to the world and you should feel bad for your faggo-tronic proselytization. Just because you believe that the only way to get enlightenment is by chanting your shitty mantra 500 million times doesn't mean that all the other methods of yoga and meditation are invalid. In fact, most yogis would look at you as a spiritual baby and they laugh at you behind your back. It's not too late to renounce your meme of an ideology, Shiva has his hand extended. Grasp it and save yourself from the memery.
>>
>>19169434
If you read the sastras with a discerning eye you will find Sri Krsna is the sum and substance of the scriptures. The potency and significance of chanting harinam is also expressed throughout the puranas and upanisads. We embrace Shiva as being the greatest Vaishnava, particularly in his form as gopeshwar mahadeva.
>>
>>19169375
I don't, no dog in this fight for me. I wish the best for humanity, but if the hindu view is correct, it's just a rollercoaster going up & down anyways, so you're right.

You'll see the same numbers repeated in every religious text & many religious symbols made by man, back to cave paintings. I don't get why fundamentalists don't see the pattern, since they go over their texts over and over again.

Same thing with the Yugas, not unique to hindus. All ancient high civilizations had this concept of cycles of time with alternating cycles of catastrophe & golden ages. The 10800 & 25600 year numbers pop up everywhere, and are embedded in the architecture of the greatest monolithic structures (Great Pyramid of Giza, Angkor Wat, Teotihuacan etc), Platos Great Year/Precession of the Equinoxes alludes to this too.

I'm not religious but I find that interesting. Whenever cultures all over the world say the same thing, when they supposedly didn't have any contact, I pay attention.
>>
>>19169616
>If you read "our shastras" then Krishna is the best. It says in our shastras that chanting our shitty mantra is the best and it is expressed throughout our really late-stage puranas and the newest upanishads.
I'd rather get inspired by the principal and non-sectarian upanishads, thank you very much
>>
>>19169747
I don't see a problem with unifying both cycles. After all, all of reality is a big fractal that gets bigger and bigger and smaller and smaller.

Those cycles you mention can very well exist within the bigger Yuga cycles.

In fact I would say they definitely do, since those cycles concern human beings as we know them. "Humans" from other Yugas might as well be considered a completely different species, completely alien from all that we know to be human in many ways.

The Vedic texts are unique because they come from a time before everything else we know. Before all the civilizations we know, including the Indian civilization we know. As they exist outside of all other human knowledge, they may very well have insights beyond texts revealed during this era of humanity.

Tl;dr: Vedic Yuga cycles concern cycles bigger than humanity as we know it. Within these cycles are many more smaller cycles.
>>
>>19169747
Even in the modern age, Oswald Spengler spoke about high culture cycles in terms of the seasons.
Numerous others in a 'secular' sense speak about it.
>>
>>19164377
I can feel the ego underlying your words. You yourself are a new soul as well but as far as i can tell, you have difficulty accepting it.
>>
File: medalian5.jpg (420KB, 1208x950px) Image search: [Google]
medalian5.jpg
420KB, 1208x950px
>>19169782
Neither do I. I didn't mean to invalidate the Yugas in any way, quite the opposite.

Neat thinking, that's how i think about reincarnation sometimes. Would be interesting if one wouldn't come back as human, but get pushed into a completely new paradigm, after just one lifetime. No planets, no stars, no time. Just different, and exploring that, forever.

Agreed the Vedas are very special as far as text goes. But as I said, some of what's in there goes back to the beginnings of cognition, and even has survived in oral traditions to modern shamanic cultures.

>>19169785

Spengler in that context was news to me, thanks I'll look into it.

Some people (aryan-centric I'll admit) say that the whole precession of the equinox thing is what the swastika was all about.

Imho the Ouroboros is a representation of time as a circular waveform with peaks & valleys too.
>>
>>19169039
Yeah that was a dumb mistake, but I guess clearly evidence of my point
>>
>>19169874
Yeah that was his whole basis in the decline of the west
Spring: Heroic and noble period. Where feudalism rules. People are rural and 'cities' are no more than glorified markets to sell crops. Traditions and the arts are been made by the priests (intellectual class)
Summer: Cities become actual cities. Urban and rural areas are in balance. Urban rationalism mixes with rural mysticism which leads to great creativity. Era of great arts and sciences
Autumn: Decay of traditions. Urban cities dominate the culture and the business classes take the place of the old feudal lords. Materialism and rationalism dominate the culture. Art is repetitive and pretentious and entertainment becomes huge.
Winter: Decay of everything. Art becomes fixed and stocked. Despots rise up(Spengler called them Caesars because they are similar to Julius Caesar) Anti-intellectualism and the return of the caste system. Materialism fully dominates the culture still. The people are fully Urban. We are in this area
A very simplified version of his theories.
>>
>>19169965
Freudian slip happens.

>>19170256

So was he actually talking about one year, or some sort of fractal archetype?
>>
>>19169078
You are correct, but the topic is specifically whether we are in Kali Yuga or not, and to that effect the numbers help.

>>19169414
Depends who you talk to. I would say marking the body with devotional tattoos can be helpful, if not entirely sattvic. It is sometimes said we have only one rule, and only one prohibition:
>always remember Krishna
>never forget Krishna
Everything else is details.

>>19169434
>the only way to get enlightenment is by chanting
There are nine processes of devotional activity in bhakti-yoga, and bhakti-yoga is not the only path of enlightenment. (Which really isn't a thing in Vaishnavism. The terms used would be liberation, realization, and loving service.) Bhakti-yoga is considered the highest path as it allows access to intimacy not shared by other paths, and because achievement of pure devotional service makes even mukti/liberation seem insignificant. And we put chanting (specifically the mahamantra) front and center because that is the prescribed activity for this age.

>In fact, most yogis would look at you as a spiritual baby and they laugh at you behind your back
Why do they wait til my back is turned? Are they ashamed for me to see?

>>19169434
>It's not too late to renounce your meme of an ideology
It's never too late, to our great misfortune. One must remain vigilant every moment of every day. Even Brahma can forget his position.

>Shiva has his hand extended
rama rameti rameti, rame rame manorame; sahasra-namabhis tulyam, rama-nama varanane
>Lord Shiva addressed his wife, Durga: “O Varanana (lovely-faced woman), I chant the Holy Name of Rama, Rama, Rama and thus constantly enjoy this beautiful sound. This Holy Name of Ramacandra is equal to one thousand holy names of Lord Visnu (Visnu-sahasra-nama-stotram).” - Padma Purana 72.335
>>
>>19169414
Yes, I know many devotees with tattoos, myself in included.
>>
>>19170312
The cycle takes place between 1000-1400 years. He called high culture a living organism or a superorganism that lives, breathes and eventually dies.
The dates
Spring 1000-1500
Summer 1500-1800
Autumn 1800-2000
Winter 2000-2400
We are in Winter now
>>
>>19163399
Met a Hindu last week that said this was the Krita Yuga, I told him I thought it was the Kali Yuga.
>>
>>19170341
So do I understand correctly, he meant that 1000AC was the last golden age apex, and 2400 will be the start of the new golden age?

Sure about us being winter? Yeah most art is dogshit, but as far as we know there's also more of it than ever. And I don't see the true gems stopping anytime soon.
>>
>>19170419
No. 1000AC was the start of the Western mans beginning in high culture and 2400 will be his end or perhaps sooner, who knows. There won't be a new golden age but barbarianism until the next high culture arises. Most art today is pretentious
>>
File: Alex_Grey_Sunyata.jpg (386KB, 565x700px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey_Sunyata.jpg
386KB, 565x700px
>>19170510

Got it. So is the torch passed on and another culture rises next time?

You've mentioned other people with that view, care to elaborate?

Popular/modern art yes. But it's there. Taste differs, but when you look for it, you'll find it.
>>
>>19164379
Mainstream media is horse shit. Life is fucking fantastic, just be present and actively engage your environment.

Don't listen to naysayers, just do your own thing and the world will open up to you.
>>
>>19164379
Misinterpreting good as bad. Trump is a good man. Your political values have nothing to do with the moral life of God.
>>
>>19168915
how do you know that you know nothing if you know nothing?
>>
>>19170646
This, everyone, is the logical step to divinity. And blows out all of your bullshit. Good move anon.
>>
>>19170646
It's a false paradox. You know that you know nothing (relative), by realizing that the more you know, the more there is to know, and ultimately, the less you do know.

True knowledge is a finicky thing anyways, because it's limited by perception. Knowledge tends to shift from paradigm to paradigm, so it's only true for now.
>>
Kali-?
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.