[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 4

File: NA.png (686KB, 1204x684px) Image search: [Google]
NA.png
686KB, 1204x684px
Why is New Age so cringey and how the fuck did it get so popular?

Did it due to the massive illiteracy of the masses when it comes to occult and esoteric topics?
>>
>>19162304

What's a new age? I only see religion mixers.
>>
>>19162304
Your second question is the answer. It's easier to spout things that seem deep than to actually have to find any depth. People want to hear a nice message and not think too hard most of the time, so it became more popular. Because at first glance with all the jargon it seems pretty deep and profound. It just unravels once you question it. It's the same reason many new agers use drugs as spiritual experiences. It's easier and faster than doing actual studying and putting in effort.
>>
Wtf is vibration?
>>
>>19162312
>What's a new age
Generally speaking it's just a code for "that thing I don't like". I hear people label everything and anything "new age", when the core definition really only covers the "commercialized" trend of publication ca 1970 and Doreen Valiente's opening of Wicca to the masses.
>>
>>19162304
god this guy makes me face palm so hard every time i try to watch a video. Every time he tries to speak about any sort of chemistry or how the body works it is nothing but utter nonsense

his comment section is also hilariously full of
>wow its so great to find someone so young devoted to spreading the truth!
>>
>>19162505
so are you saying you could see yourself spending qaulity time with
>>19162304
>(pic related)
cause we both know you would lose your shit in a hurry
>>
>>19162304
>massive illiteracy of the masses when it comes to occult and esoteric topics

Prove you're not just projecting.
>>
>>19162317
why would putting in effort make spirtual experiences more spiritual.... you conflate your spirtuality with hard work? Hah.
>>
File: deered.jpg (55KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
deered.jpg
55KB, 670x503px
>>19162304
>Trying to learn and understand kundalini
>Every source has contradicting claims
>Can't Even Find a Basic Guide on WHAT I'm supposed to do
New Age Fags ruin everything.
>>
>>19165996
>why would putting in effort make spirtual experiences more spiritual
Because you learn more and start building up valuable qualities in yourself. And the more you do that, the more you can begin to understand and apply these things into your life. Or did you think that sitting on ass tripping on LSD or shrooms was "spiritual"?
>>
>>19162317

You're assuming spirituality is something found in a book instead of an experience
>>
>>19166031
first of all, you can do both. Second of all i doubt that you've ever done any psychedelics at all. third of all, psychedelics can be highly spiritual and explore consciousness like never before. I implore you to further explore what you think is 'non-spiritual'
>>
>>19166031
it has been known that most religions actually started off from the result of eating psychedelic mushrooms. thus actually starting the entirety of the spiritual revolution.
>>
Most of these people are seeking attention so they feel important. The ones you don't see or hear about are doing all the work.
>>
Because gods messages are still coming.
>>
>>19166042
I said studying and putting in work. Of course it is an experience. Being high is not spirituality. It's being high.

1. In theory.
2. You are correct. Because I don't think they are useful at all given what I have seen of these experiences people have. Maybe they seem smart to other drug addled people, but I have yet to see anyone who uses psychedelics be insightful at all. The only times it has ever worked was for very specific rituals in the past and never as a main source for spiritual experiences.
3. They are not highly spiritual or valuable to explore consciousness. Unless you want to explore the consciousness of what it is like to be high. If not, check out neuroscience if you want to explore consciousness.
>>
>>19166051
Known by who? That is a """""""theory"""""" and not even a supported one. I only ever see that claim from people who use mushrooms. Because the truth is nobody even really knows for a fact how religion came to be. Much less that it was caused by eating mushrooms, even in cultures where magic mushrooms aren't even native or known.
>>
>>19166076
Flat earth is just a """""""theory"""""" , but we all know it's true
>>
>>19166069
neuroscience teaches you about the mechanisms of consciousness. Psychedelics take you inside of your own goddamned subconscious on a rollercoaster ride. you hear colors, taste sounds. You feel things that you would never have felt. Psychedelics are not just 'highs'... they are perception unraveled. I bet you that you'd change your mind if you tried a high dose of mushrooms one single time. People who go on the highest of doses have all gone on spiritual journey. you have yeet to see anyone who uses psychedelics be insightful? https://www.famousscientists.org/14-famous-scientists-inventors-who-experimented-with-drugs/ haha, you are deluded to assume things about something you clearly lack information about.
>>
>>19166082
Well, considering there is no such thing as a subconscious, I'll have to stop ya right there, bub.

Secondly, I meant in the realm of spirituality. But your list is even thinner than I expected. Freud is thoroughly discredited by modern psychology, Carl Sagan only did weed, Timothy Leary is a nutjob, and Bill Gates/Steve Jobs are hardly scientists and are businessmen. Others like Edison did cocaine elixirs. This isn't even a compelling case for psychedelics, much less that they expand the mind.

And even then most of these people hardly made it a habit or as their sole source for learning shit. Maybe you need to brush up on your research. Because if this is the best you had, it ain't saying much.
>>
>>19166114
The man who invented the PCR reaction took LSD. francis crick the man who discovered the double helix of DNA did LSD. Why would you assume this is the best I had... i was just countering your point that 'i don't of anyone who was insightful who used psychedelics'. what exactly is the realm of spirituality to you anyway? I never said to make anything a habit, but simply to explore them, and use them as tools of mental exploration.
>>
>>19166127
I assume it's the best you had because you jumped to appeal to popularity, authority, and cherrypicking all at once and even that failed. Can't imagine ya have much better when it seems you already blew your wad over a few people using psychedelics. Especially since I can do the same shit and cite tons of scientists who never did psychedelics or any drugs at all. So, it doesn't seem like your claims hold much water. Because the only one on that list who was even "spiritual" was Leary and his shit is an incoherent mess. Even the ones who did LSD were hardly very spiritual. And it seems like they just did drugs, not that they considered these experiences while high as anything other than being high. To act like being high is a religious experience is dumb. As I said, even cultures that used drugs of all sorts used them for specific rituals and purposes. They were not the main method of expressing spirituality nor was drug use even relevant in the vast majority of faiths.

You're just a bunch of people who put way too much stock in getting high and find it easier to sit on your ass tripping on psychedelics than actually doing anything relating to true spirituality. Which, since you asked, I define as dealing with the spiritual. Whether that be god or any other number of things. Sorry, but taking drugs meant to make you hallucinate does not make those things real.
>>
>>19166173
Note: To not be offended by this man's posts. Discussion of both sides is healthy.
>>
>>19166173
Again, psychedelics don't just give you a high. And you won't understand until you actually try any of them. They really to put it bluntly...'take you somewhere else'...on higher doses. You truly are perceiving things that would be impossible to describe. It's a shame you're not willing to try something on the basis it's 'just a high'. Of course there are scientists that don't take psychedelics, obviously scientific knowledge is gained through rigors and use the scientific method.
>>
>>19166173
of course hallucinations can be met with healthy skepticism but the experiences engage you in such a way where you are left feeling 'larger' in a sense. Think of going on a vacation to a new place and experiencing culture shock... think of how that widen's your perspectives on life and it's meaning. psychedelics do something similar in that they take you through a experience of incredible depth.
>>
>>19166193
They do just give you a high. Except they also mess with your senses and make you see/hear shit. That is it. No more, no less. There is no subconscious, you aren't communing with other dimensions, etc. You are experiencing a type of high. Same way as when I took ecstacy I felt excited and happy for no reason. Because that is what the drug does. They don't take you or your mind anywhere. Just like ecstacy makes you think you are happy, psychedelics make you think you are hearing or seeing shit, so it is the perfect drug for people who want to seem spiritual without any of the study or effort. But it isn't anything more than that. Could it be used for a ritual? Sure. For fun? Yeah. But that isn't because psychedelics have any magical properties. Any drug could do. You could use weed, ecstasy, shrooms, or a sweat lodge for the same thing. The point is to be in a different mindset.

But they are far from being anything serious. If you use them for anything other than fun or for some very specific ritual, you are just deluding yourself and giving drugs a lot more credit than theu deserve. Or you are just a lazy git who can't be fucked to put forth more effort than getting high to experience/learn shit about spirituality.
>>
>>19166173
might I ask what true spirituality is to you anyway?
>>
>>19166210
They make you feel that way because that is how the drugs work. Again, it is comparable to ecstacy. You feel good and the next day or so you feel drained and robotic as your brain refills. You may feel "larger" after taking these drugs, but that is a general side effect of them. That does not make you spiritual. It does not make you enlightened. It means you are experiencing exactly what the drugs were meant to make you feel. There is nothing deep about it because you aren't doing anything but getting high. You are still in your room or the woods or wherever you take them. You just get to see and feel weird shit like a temporary induced schizophrenia or synesthesia. That's it, man. That is all the drug does for you. It doesn't make any of it real or deep.
>>
>>19166226
Spirituality becomes at once the indicator of one's nearness to God and the measure of one's usefulness to fellow beings. Spirituality enhances the ability to discover beauty in things, recognize truth in meanings, and discover goodness in values. Spiritual development is determined by capacity therefor and is directly proportional to the elimination of the selfish qualities of love.
>>
>>19166224
Of course a high will naturally occur as your serotonin/dopamine receptors get engaged. But you experience some of the strangest and most varied things you will in your entire life inside of a deep trip. I 100% guarantee you would change your mind if you tried something like dmt, or psyliocybin. again you're simply exploring the possibilities of the human mind and perception. These widen your perspective, and potentially might change the way you view the world. To do that is to widen the soul. perspective and experience are the gateways of the soul.
>>
>>19166226
I told you. Dealing with the spiritual. Whether it be god or whatever. Psychedelics fail right off the bat because what you are seeing isn't spiritual at all. It is a drug meant to make you see, hear, and feel shit in a very warped manner. That is no more spiritual than schizophrenia, synesthesia, sleep paralysis, or any number of other things are spiritual. A drug making your brain trick itself into thinking shit is there does not mean it is there. Nor is a drug induced feeling genuine.
>>
>>19166244
All of these things you are describing have been experienced by people who take psychedelics. so what exactly were you saying?
>>
>>19166254
what the hell is a genuine feeling? just because its not a normal feeling doesn't make it genuine. I agree you don't need psychedelics to be spiritual, but people who have taken psychedelics have truely experienced things that make them more spiritual than they were before. everyone i've met who have taken psychedelics appreciate the beauty in things even more than most people i know. Most artists in the world have taken psychedelics. just look at http://alexgrey.com/ 's work and you'll find that people have deeply spiritual experiences while on psychedelics.
>>
>>19162304
>massive illiteracy of the masses when it comes to occult and esoteric topics?
Or there's way too fucking much of it. We have the best functional literacy rates going on now. Esoteric topics are more covered than ever.
And occultism is plenty vague that you could say New Age falls within it.
>>
>>19166254
http://alexgrey.com/art/paintings/soul/
does this not look like the work of a man who appreciates the beauty of nature and the world? that has an appreciation for life and reality?
>>
>>19166283
I used to trip across a few years and that looks like a big fuckin' headache.
>>
>>19166290
what looks like a headache?
>>
>>19166290
because of how detailed it is?
>>
>>19166294
Everything Alex Grey makes.
>>
>>19166283
No. I like the picture, but the beliefs are the same copypasted bullshit that all psychedelic users experience and feel. Him making one good picture (I knew of him before) does not mean he is spiritual or anything of the sort. It means he has the same "spiritual experiences" that any psychedelic user does. The same way a person with ecstacy will always feel the same rush as anyone else. About the only value I ever got out of him was the oversoul picture because it is a good way to explain what my god is like to others.
>>
>>19166297
Well that's your experience... i tend to be entranced by how amazing his use of color, contrast, and real life things are.
>>
>>19166300
one good picture? he has hundreds of works that are all equally amazing. Ive been to his 'Church of sacred Mirrors in wappingers falls. they are without equal.
>>
>>19166300
im done arguing with you. You seem to be the kind of person that doesn't want to open doors for themselves. The kid of person that looks out into a majestic mountainscape on a hike and says.... 'its only mountains' nice talking to you. Im going off to bed.
>>
>>19166300
you have become a fucking fedora
>>
>>19166306
Art is subjective anyway. I just find his art to be the same pointless new age shit as all the other new age things out there. It isn't deep and it isn't impressive to me. I can admit that he has artistic talent, but it is utterly wasted on this type of crap.
>>
>>19166310
So, I must be that way merely because new age garbage doesn't appeal to me and I don't think psychedelics are relevant to spirituality?
>>19166313
In what way? I believe in a god. I just don't find new age crap all that interesting. It's a bunch of people sitting around jerking off over 2deep4u visions they had while high. You may as well sit around considering dreams or schizophrenic visions as well since those are just as equally useless and imaginary.
>>
>>19166317
'wasted on this type of crap'..... you might not have a soul my friend.
>>
>>19166328
meanwhile you jerk off to 2deep4u 'spirituality' that you claim to have.... a true hypocrite .
>>
>>19166333
At least if people ask me what my faith is I can explain it to them coherently and have better reasons than "yeah i saw it while i was high once". Nor do my beliefs require people to have to get high to get it.
>>
>>19166343
if a picture is worth a thousand words, a movie is worth millions, an experience billions, a psychedelic experience infinite.
>>
>>19166079
[CITATION MISSING]
>>
>>19166173
Some people take the boat out, and some people swin in the ocean, anon. It's ok to take the boat out your first time or two in new waters, but after that it really becomes a sort of crutch.
>>
>>19167281
If psychedelics are that spiritually beneficial, certainly you will be able to tell us what great spiritual insights and experiences you had while tripping?
~t. Frequent Tripper Who Thinks People Put Way Too Much Stock in the Spiritual Aspect of Tripping, or take acid every time they want a "spiritual" experience
>>
>>19162304
Druggies that know deep down they're worthless trying to bury it with false "insight." Some conclude that they know everything based off a 10 minute google search but have zero actual inclinations to whatever topics they talk about, due to lack of motivation caused by drug use. Rise above, guys.
>>
>>19167342
here's some spiritual 'insight' you gain while tripping. you are the universe perceiving itself. You are timeless due to the fact that time is illlusory and only real to perceivors. The universe is dynamic and motive only in the world of perception. but static and polygonal in the higher dimensions after the fourth. Everything is bundled at the 12th dimension, and some trippers with meditative practices claim to see from the perspective of the 12th dimension. All life is caught up in a tangle of rebirth and transmigration of conciousness, death is an illusion. Ego death, where you experience being completely void of ego or identity and find yourself to be simply free floating conscious matter in an enormous universe. All of consciousness is entangled just like all of matter is entangled in the higher dimensions. The entangled consciousness is called the 'akashic' record, and some say you can tap into by going into deep dmt trances which i personally experienced. The indians used ayahuasca to write their sacred texts. you really don't know of how much of religion actually started from psychedelics until you take a heavy dose of some and realize where people began having these ideas about reality.
>>
>>19167344
you are condescending, rude, and ignorant.
>>
>>19167342
I have taken heroic doses of virtually every drug (dmt, shrooms, lsd, 2ci,2cb,2ce, nbome) and had profound spiritual experiences on all of them where i experienced things akin to the formation and birth of the universe itself.
>>
>>19167418
>certainly you will be able to tell us what great spiritual insights and experiences you had while tripping?

"It was so amazing and I talked to god and felt at one with everything" doesn't exactly count, because that's pretty much what everyone says, and it accounts for a large amount of positive trips.
>>
>>19167590
how exactly does that not count. Commune with the divine spirit of the universe/multiverse, and understanding how time works within different frameworks, perspectives totally changes how you treat life. You treat this life with exceptional value for how many different experiences it can body and treasure your soul like a dragon guarding it's treasure. Don't just throw off... ohh 'yeah, the universe, ahh yeah, whatever' and not call it a profound experience for many.
>>
>>19162312
Pretty much this. Watered down and bastardized versions of eastern religions.
>>
>>19166343
so what, you're like a *massive* fuckup, or what? cos you sure come off as one.
>>
>>19167619
most religions are broken or incomplete. It takes a true voyager to complete the puzzle.
>>
>>19167600
It may very well be a profound experience, but when we're comparing it with things like Dhyana and samadhi, and good old esoteric study and practice, it doesn't even begin to compare. It just sounds like a tired cliche. If that's all it took, an entire generation would pretty much be enlightened with uncountable spiritual experiences by now.

It may seem profound to you, but that's why those of us who have both done psychedelics and worked hard and had spiritual experiences both with and without drugs are mocking you.
>>
>>19167633
you are mocking me because you are arrogant. I never said drugs are the only source to spirituality. I merely suggested it was a strong key in rooting it into humanities psyche. It is most definitely profound for everyone who takes it in the right setting, dose, and state of mind. Im not trying to lessen the value of these meditative practices of feeling oneness... but i guarantee you that psychedelics can achieve the exact state of nirvana that most Buddhists strive to achieve.
>>
>>19167647
No, only because you are ignorant *and* insist on displaying it all over, repeatedly. *Most* psychedelic states, even those on DMT that 'break thru' are still toward the lower end of Dhyana on the yogic scale of things. Not ALL, but the VAST majority, particularly those that are not experienced in conjunction with some contemplative/yogic practices.
>>
>>19167633
also you assume i do not know or understand these buddhist philosophies...and yet i have read about essentially all of them. They all treasure life, they all see things as infinite, and at the core strive to be harmonious with most things in the universe. but it doesnt take rigorous study to understand these underlying principles. It simply takes some thought experiments, a good core of ethics, and some basic relationships with people around you to realize that treating everybody how you want to be treated is a core value of most eastern philosophies.
>>
>>19167647
Are you the same anon who said this:
>>19166051
?
>>
>>19167655
Sounds like you "studied" buddhism in a history class. Have you read the Tripitaka, or any of the Hindu texts that Buddhism drew from, like the Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, and Upanishads?
>>
>>19167652
you are making an assumption states and experiences. you are arrogant. and that is your fault. You think that yogics need years of practice to achieve nirvana. when nirvana is right around the corner of your psyche. all it takes is a clear mind, and deep breathing. everything else is excess. if you think you have more 'badges' and higher experiences simply because you worked harder at it, then im afraid you are wrong, and simply conflate the power of an experience with the amount of work you put into it.
>>
>>19167669
It's not even about badges. He who does yoga for "enlightenment" or "siddhis" will surely be led astray. i'm only telling you what I know. You can continue to believe what you want to believe, like half the other people on this board, and continue to think you're experiencing enlightenment every time you trip. That's fine.
>>
>>19167664
you see you are now approaching a condescending pedant phase where you will bash me for not being able to quote texts written by people. Buddha aknowledges the core principles, everything else is excess.
>>
>>19167664
funnily enough your vedas were 100% heavily influenced by ayahuasca.
>>
>>19167682
Furthermore, you thinking that more work does NOT lead to greater spiritual experience and truth, and therefore spiritual benefit and enlightenment, and the path of least resistance is equally beneficial, is absolutely adorable.
>>
>>19167682
not every trip is enlightening, but the first few, and the most powerful most meditative ones are most definitely profound and enlightening. im sorry if you feel the need to be exclusive to your style or approach to being the 'only way'.
>>
>>19167683
No, I'm asking you if you have read the core text of Buddhism, or at least some background texts, because you say you have "studied" Buddhism.
>>19167687
>ayahuasca

you know they weren't written in South America, or by Native Americans, do you not?
>>
>>19167691
not necessarily more. not necessarily least. there is a middle way as you say. And it is perfect, and full of harmony. I'm sorry if you want to feel higher by your own methods. But you are being a snob in doing so. just letting you know.
>>
>>19167702
>want to feel higher
No, it's a nearly universal principle that harder work leads to greater benefit. there are plenty who work much harder than me. I still believe drugs have their uses, especially within the yogic context, but only as a boat to survey the ocean before jumping in to swim. it will be a shame if you never realize how much better it is outside the boat, once you have taken it out for a quick run.
>>
>>19167702
It's also cute that you think someone who believes hard work leads to greater ends than sitting on one's ass is "a snob." Sounds like you're just really, *REALLY* lazy. And I challenge anyone who disagrees, using our very conversation and everything you have said thus far, to refute my assertion.
>>
>>19167701
you do realize that the coined term ayahuasca applies to both india, and south america even though the indian term for it is different.
>>
>>19167715
again, their is a middle way. that's your opinion that harder work always grants you 'more' spiritual 'access'. there is a fine line between working too hard, and working enough, and you seem to not care that it exists.
>>
>>19167718
> applies to both india, and south america even though the indian term for it is different.
>even though the indian term for it is different.

Also, It would be an amazing discovery indeed if an Amazonian Vine was found to have made it that far East as early as 10-12th Century BCE.

Wanna keep trying? You've made a right mess thus far!
>>
>>19167715
How exactly would you even know how 'lazy' i was based off what i said. I never said not to work. I merely said there is a limit. well let's see, I'm a biochemist, sound designer hobbyst, fractal producer hobbyst. I travel. I go camping everywhere, I go to psychedelic music festivals. Yep, i sure am lazy.
>>
>>19167764
>You think that yogics need years of practice to achieve nirvana. when nirvana is right around the corner of your psyche. all it takes is a clear mind, and deep breathing. everything else is excess
Anyone who thinks such shortcuts can or even should be taken is lazy, it doesn't much matter how many calories they burn up or how much shit they do.

Also, clear evidence that you know fuck-all about that which you speak.
>>
>>19167753
It doesn't matter what vines are used. They both contain the same essential ingredients. and are both coined by the same name because they describe the same drink. Sure It's called Soma in india (depending on where). The brews both have Mao inhibitors, and Dmt. your tone maintains condescending notes no lesss.
>>
>>19167775
>
The original plant used in soma is not known, but could be anything as diverse as psilocybin or amanitas to harmala and ephedra. So you're kinda close.
>tone
>on an anonymous Indonesian basket weaving forum

Ok, anonson
>>
>>19167796
well it's clear that you conflate more spirtual progress with more work. where as I view the amount of work as redundant once you understand how to reach nirvana. I hope you have a good day. I have other things i need to do today. Just try not to be so judgmental of peoples even if they are inaccurate in every little detail of 'vedic' knowledge, because even vedic knowledge is in a grey area of its own.
>>
>>19167815
>once you understand how to reach nirvana
Lel
>even if they are inaccurate in every little detail of 'vedic' knowledge

You claim to have studied Buddhism, yet have little to no grounding in the Vedas, Gita, Upanishads, or, particularly, Tripitaka.

Methinks you are giving me cancer.
>>
>>19167823
core of vedas: self improvement, harmony with nature, meditation, treasuring nature, helping others. stop thinking you are better because you can quote texts written by people. Methinks you have self entitlement. Methinks you need to reduce your ego.
>>
>>19167830
There's a HELL of a more to it than that. but, I guess now that you googled it, you can say you studied Hinduism, as well!

I thought you were too busy to talk out your ass on 4chan all day?
>>
>>19167847
Why is it that people like:
>>19167830
Who screech "czhek ur egoh" are usually the most belligerently egotistical participants in a conversation?

>>19165183
No, I'm simply saying bad =/= new age and new age =/= bad. Bardon's shit, but not new age. McKenna's new age but generally solid.
>>
>>19167847
i didn't have to google anything. Ive briefly studied them in the past. I dont dedicate all my time to it as i have other things i tend to. the important principles are fairly obvious to anyone who can knowledge the value in living a balanced and harmonious life.
>>
>>19162304

New age in a modern context basically is just people grabbing multiple practices from multiple cultures, comparing them, and them calling them 'universal'.

It's cringe because people from those respective cultures find it offensive.
>>
>>19167867
i didn't screech. I observed. You were talking down to someone with a similar mindset. you have a sense of entitlement which a curse of ego.
>>
>>19167882
Your sjw sensibilities are hurt?
>>
>>19167885
What, exactly, is entitled about expecting people who speak on the subject of a given text tradition have a thorough understanding of that texts tradition?
>>
>>19167899

* their
>>
>>19167912
Science doesn't do it, so I guess there isn't one.

Even history doesnt. Otherwise we'd never celebrate Columbus day. Guy was evil
>>
>>19167899
>serious practitioners are SJWs because they advocate radical traditionalism as it relates to lineal chains of instruction
What?
>>
>>19166188
Underated post and also checked
>>
>>19167899
you can reach enlightening without having ever heard of the vedas.... or ahurveda... ever thought about that. The texts tradition is irrelevant. How exactly do you think buddha came upon these ideas.... by simply doing thought experiments, seeing suffering, and practicing harmonious living. That's it. You seem to necessitate that a person acknowledge the traditions, and know the texts in full breadth to understand what they mean. which is simply wrong.
>>
>>19167962
>you can reach enlightening without having ever heard of the vedas.... or ahurveda... ever thought about that
I absolutely agree, insomuch as you just described Hindi traditions and "Enlightenment" is adumbrated through Buddhism.

>How exactly do you think buddha came upon these ideas.... by simply doing thought experiments, seeing suffering, and practicing harmonious living. That's it.
Yeah, no, doesn't matter AT ALL the Tripitaka (the Bible of Buddhism) reports that Siddhartha studied INTENSIVELY under various Hindi, Jain, Tantric, and Nondual gurus, eventually surpassing them all. That's just irrelevant, right?

>You seem to necessitate that a person acknowledge the traditions
How the fuck could you ever call yourself a Buddhist if you don't understand, practice, or advocate Buddhist practice?

>which is simply wrong, thinking I have to read a book to understand what it means. I'm a super special psychic, I can just put a book under my pillow at night and all the teachings magickally seep into my brain while I sleep.
>>
>>19162304

new age is just prosperity gospel with crystals and UFO's
>>
I'm seriously contemplating suicide because I just can't figure out life. And no, This isn't a generic "omg I'm fat, poor, and a virgin" suicide rant.

I've just lost faith in society and existence itself. I want to make a better life for myself, and I can but I don't know if man should seek evolution or seek God.

Everything just leads to lucifer. I pray for yashuah to show me that he is the truth and not just another deception but he never answers. I just get told by christians to pray more, but what if I just end up making a tulpa?

I fear i am not of his flock and Yashuah has forsaken me and that my fate is simply to mentally torture and hate myself living an unfulfilled life and then to be punished for my sins of existing.

I'm a young man, got lots of potential, but if i'm supposed to be pleasing god then why strive higher material pursuits? How can I live a life to please god if i don't believe in him?

So confusing, For many years I've wanted to die but I wanted to TRULY live just as much. I never get my answers, I don't think they exist.
>>
>>19169220

the new age religion has no answers

>"omg I'm fat, poor, and a virgin" suicide rant

being all three at the same time is plenty good reason to kill yourself, im sure god would understand
>>
>>19162304
Occult and esoteric topics are pretty cringy.
Look at this place.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.