[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/'s idea of the afterlife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1af76aas56da24g.jpg (8KB, 312x210px) Image search: [Google]
1af76aas56da24g.jpg
8KB, 312x210px
I'm not really aware of the scope of what kinds of beliefs are on here, but there seems to be a central one that clumps together stuff like alchemy, sigils, divination, summoning, and a bunch of other shit. But, whatever the case would anyone mind filling me in on the general perception of what the afterlife is? I'm asking in part because some people have made it sound as though /x/ believes in a heaven/hell situation, in which case I don't want to do anything that'll see me to hell, or if I'll just be spit out into the astral plane.
>>
Bardo Thodol

a.k.a The Tibetan Book of the Dead
>>
Ain't no afterlife. We die, the body rots. Or gets burned. Or is eaten.
>>
You escape out into the holy void, where you are faced with a simulacra of your own expectations. This could appear as heaven, hell, a false awakening into a simulacra of your own life, an abrupt and permanent abduction into an alien world... Lots of possibilities. The details will draw from your beliefs and the capacities of your imagination.

Within your simulacra, you become gradually more potent. You learn to sculpt heaven, fight hell, 'go lucid', master the alien technology, what-have-you.

In theory, this concludes with you becoming a god. In practice, this continues until such time as flaws in your spiritual development cause your omnipotence to shred itself. Thereafter, the latest corpse of god (aka you) falls to a material world for reincarnation.

Atheists are a special case, because the mechanics I mentioned above pretty much divide by zero. Atheists who die are instantly confronted with a simulacra of nonexistence. This either instantly reincarnates them, or else it causes them to ascend to godhood with extreme rapidity. This happens because the simulacra of nonexistence provides perfect base conditions for the development of omnipotence. Atheists thereby collapse the afterlife into a single pass/fail check occurring at the moment of their death.
>>
>>19161730
When you die, you will wake up in a giant chamber and you then recall that you only left that realm "seconds ago".

And not only will you be given the choice to reincarnate, be at rest, or to learn more about the universe, with the help of intelligent alien life, all of whom are friendly, except one race. That race cannot harm us in that dimension.
>>
>>19162405
No, you've only forgotten that you chose to come here. When you get back, you will hardly believe you ever lived your life in any real sense because time operates differently there.
>>
I guess it seems central because a lot of our beliefs intertwine at some point and even the nihilists have to get into the nitty gritty of history if they want to work with magic.
>>
>>19162446
Mate, where did you read about this? It sounds very interesting.
>>
>>19162485
It's basically just a religious memeplex I've made a hobby of tracking. It's less what I believe and more what I disbelieve least. Having constructed this memeplex in my mind, it serves as a machine for aggregating similar materials that I find fascinating to watch in operation, and if it should so happen to actually be correct it will be good to have awareness of it in the event of my untimely demise.

Here's a particular manifestation of the memeplex that I've been enjoying lately: http://frombob.to/you/
>>
"you"(a mass of electronic brain signals) disperse into the surroundings.

<few years later>

some random dude absorbs a small signal in their head along with toxins in the air, thinking that he saw a ghost

or

some dude tries to "see" his past lives and picks up a large signal using hypnosis, and deludes himself to believing in reincarnation
>>
>>19162446
Can you give me some sources of that?

Also,i'm not OP.
>>
>>19163098
Well, I gave one example. It's not that easy to find more. Unfortunately, it's a very special snowflake that I'm showing off, being a memeplex that I'm deliberately accumulating without having a central dogma to fall back on. So all I could show you are bits of things where I got bits of my snowflake from, and frankly I'm mostly excited to show off the snowflake itself.

What I've really done is just reassembled "what you believe comes to pass" in a way with more structure than random dreaming (the idea of the simulacra and the gradual gain of power) alongside a threat which sounds both real and surmountable (spiritual weakness resulting in omnipotence being wielded in paradox of itself). The result is a spiritual journey construct.

On a deeper level, the reason why I disbelieve it least owes a lot to my suspicion that nonexistence is a logical paradox, therefore nothing cannot actually exist. Nothing is nonexistent.
>>
>>19161730
This world is the dream, the hazy and malevolent fuzz. The afterlife is crystal clear, and our choices lead to their consequences in every fashion and to every end. The interaction between beings is different.
This is why Christian love is so important. Everything else is hell.
>>
You never actually die, and you don't have to die if you don't want to. Everything you see and everything that's around you is created by your malleable consciousness. You're reading this, assuming there's someone across the world writing this, but there's no one writing this, it's your consciousness perceiving it. If you're reading this, it's too late, you're too engraved into the reality you believe to be true to even comprehend or fathom a way out. All you can do is shape the reality that inhabits your perception until you die in your facade of a life you've created for yourself, and only until then can you have a chance to ascend or create a new reality for yourself. You're a clever one though, look around; look at everything the human race has created, that's all you. You manifested this from the inner-workings of your subconsciousness. And at the end of the day, you can only appreciate the beauty because you've created the concept of appreciation.
>>
>>19163174
Bitch, please. Not only do you know your own personal existence with your own personal motives for writing such things, I know my own personal way of lifting my head from the earth. It's just that nobody will believe it unless I can somehow teach them, and the circumstances where I learned it myself are beyond my power to replicate.

Got to admit tho, I like how you closed it. "because you've created the concept of appreciation." Mm, that's what's sweeter than honey right there. I hope you keep right on encouraging people to build in themselves the capacity to appreciate themselves and the world around them together. So carry on, because as rough as my intro was, I do like your style.
>>
>>19163187
Thanks, it's sort of a beta test for an experiment I have planned in the future.
>>
File: 1492732033222.png (193KB, 247x322px) Image search: [Google]
1492732033222.png
193KB, 247x322px
>>19163127
>>19162446
this seems like overly eclectic nonsense, definitely wishful thinking.
wouldn't an atheist who is confronted by nothing, have no chance for spiritual development and either be trapped in nothingness as a shade or otherwise be endlessly trapped in the cycle of samsara?

and what makes this simulated world "separate" from the cycle of rebirth? it sounds like someone just co-opted what they like about the Dharmic idea of life and death then threw in a few piffy post-modern ideas for Baudrillard and others to make it sound less "esoteric".
>>
>>19163258
The atheist bounces off of 'nothing'. They're trying to be nothing, but this is impossible. If they insist on it and can't move beyond it, the continued exposure to paradox 'kills' them. There is no force there to trap them except their own force and it will indeed trap them for as long as it continues. Once they've exhausted the mortal force with which they are insisting on experiencing an impossibility, they 'sleep' and are reborn.

If someone can meditate endlessly on 'nothing' and be happy doing so, their afterlife will consist of nothing else. As long as they're happy, that's fine. If they're unhappy with it, their unhappiness will grow until it exhausts them.

Personality superpowers, mon ami. Take your personality seriously. If nothing else, developing it is mortally useful.
>>
So my question is how do I avoid an afterlife?
Life has hated me since I existed, even before, how do I make sure, ill never exist again that no part of me, of my "soul" will ever experience anything again?
>>
>>19161730
If reincarnation is a thing and I dont have the ability to opt out, im going to be pissed.
>>
>>19163277
you poor bastard
>>
>>19163289
why?
it isnt possible right?
>>
>>19163268
>They're trying to be nothing, but this is impossible
why is it impossible to be nothing?
and saying the atheist tries to be nothing is a lie, they try to be themselves, to embody their ego as the "avatar" of their entire being.
why does the afterlife care about "happiness" especially human happiness with regards to one action or another. again it seems like nothing but wishful thinking and haphazard eclecticism.
and you're doing the same thing, why is your personality what defines you? is your leg or your unconcious dreams any less a part of who YOU are as your love of science fiction novels or your skills with the guitar?
they are all you, to focus on the ego alone is as silly as focusing only on your stomach as being the true core of you.
this is why I say the athiest doesn;t simply find "nothing"
they find their Ego amidst nothing, floating as a shade until the barriers which keep that ego secure fade away over time as the shade itself does.

in Greek myth, only the most noble and greatest of men could maintain their entire being in the afterlife, while common men were doomed to fade away, their fate afterward up for debate (do they re-incarnate or simply fade back into the energy of the universe)
these Heroes and noble men could maintain themselves however because they were fully actualized, without attachment or fear, without weakness in body or soul/will.

think of Odysseus, when he travels to the underworld, the trials he is faced with, he can only surmount them due to his extraordinary will power and physical/mental prowess along side his faith. this is what makes him Godlike
>>
Nothing happens, then you are raised back to life to be judged by a perfect being.

You have no power over this process, and you should be thankful it is so.

The ultimate fate of all things is in the hands of a perfect, unrivalled being.

God.
>>
>>19162456
where did we come here from?
>>
assuming that where we are living today is the original world and that we are not just figments of someone elses imagination, i think that once you die it will be kind of like dreaming except that you will be able to completely control everything, but that world will not be the real world, or at least it will be less real than where we are living today.
>>
The Bible is the Holy truth a great blessing from Jesus the Christ and the Lord God.

Don't pass up the honor of reading it.
>>
>>19163298
Your reading comprehension isn't quite up to it... You've pressed at things that are in the thing you're supposedly replying to. How can they be answered again? You should look in a mirror first before seeking external enlightenment. Much to be done.
>>
OP here, didn't expect this many replies from you guys. Thanks though, I think you've given me a pretty good idea of the variance of the beliefs adhered to by /x/'s users.
>>19162446
This is the only non-heaven/hell one I've heard of before, thanks for confirming that it's not just some small spiritualist's blog post I came across at some point.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.