[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ld.jpg (40KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
ld.jpg
40KB, 500x330px
Have you ever tried it? I want to. Give me your experiences about your lucid dreams, please.
>>
I wanna know how to do it well and what should I do.
>>
Closest I've come

>running down the street
>i'm not wearing any pants
>this is really weird
>realize i must be dreaming

That's it
>>
File: lucid dream basics.png (913KB, 2388x1656px) Image search: [Google]
lucid dream basics.png
913KB, 2388x1656px
There's some guides out there. They tell you to do reality checks, which isn't very helpful. That's the hard way.

Another hard way is the Wake Induced Lucid Dream method. Go to bed normally, when you wake up in the middle of your sleep, usually around 1 am for me, stay really still in bed with your eyes closed. It may take 15 minutes or longer. If you feel vibrations, continue to stay still. If you're lucky, you will enter a lucid dream, where you realize you are dreaming. It works really easy for some people and not so much for others.

The easy way is to say a mantra every night before you go to bed. Say, "I am dreaming. I am dreaming." Or, "I will lucid dream." If you do this and focus on it before you go to sleep, you may realize you are dreaming without even attempting the WILD method.

Find out which method works best for you.
>>
>>19160770
First, you need to remember the dreams you have every night. Do this by asking yourself upon waking, what was I just dreaming about? This will dredge up some dream material for you to work with.
Then journal the dreams you recover, and read over them before you go to sleep. Continue to ask yourself what you were dreaming about upon waking, and build more dream journals.
Once you are recovering dreams regularly like this, then you can branch out and try to lucid dream with some of the standard techniques, like time checking, reading during dreams, spinning, looking at your hands, etc.
>>
None of the reality checks in the guides work for me. Everyone is different, I guess. I can read the Bible in my dreams, see mirrors and clocks clearly, my hands always look normal. It just doesn't work for me.

I don't care to lucid dream anymore, because I gave up my ability to control my dreams when I gave up my powers and came to earth.
>>
Keeping a meticulous dream journal and doing reality checks more than 2 times a day is the consistent way for me. I have trouble actually relaxing and falling asleep for WILD, even when I wake up in the night for it.

For reality checks you really won't know what works well for you untill you have done it in a lucid dream. So the idea to get there is to do multiple different ones. I strongly prefer holding my nose and trying to breath through it. Looking at your hands to see extra fingers or oddities worked for a while, until my dreamhands got realistic..
What ever you choose to do physically, the main thing is to actually consider "am I dreaming? is this normal?" when you check. It is helpful for me to do that even if you don't do a physical check. Do these things every time something odd happens, or you feel wierd.

Most lucid dreams are not that special. You might choose to change the course of your dream just once and fall back to a non-lucid state. From what I've read, experiences vary wildly between persons, so you won't really know what you get before you do the work and get there. If you have free time to do it seriously (possible to risk your night of sleep somewhat), I would say it can take anywhere from a few days to a few months to get your first real remembered lucid experience. I got mine after a week of nightly work during a holiday.

Anyways, have fun if you go for it, and remember: the dreams are just your subconcious.
>>
I have very frequent lucid dreams even though I dont want to be "lucid" because it kills sometimes the imagination of the dream and I just stand there "yeah, what will happen next..."

Does it have any meaning if I can get lucid dream very easily?
>>
I've worked on it for a while. If I can get into the proper state of mind and control I immediately go on a rampage and start murdering everyone with superpowers
>>
>>19160760
Heres a good method

Combine it with dream journaling and reality checking for a solid week(7 days) and i guarantee you will have a lucid experience.

It is called START

Socially Triggered Awareness Reality Test

Wear a shirt or some such article of clothing or accessory that is easily visible that has the phrase "Ask me if i am dreaming" on it

Walk around a public area

Inevitably, someone will ask. Perform a reality check at this time.

Wear the shirt or accessory to bed as well

This will eventually prompt you to have a lucid dream when someone in the dream asks you if you are dreaming.

This is literally one of the most powerful ways for newbies to get a feel for things
>>
I'm lucid dreaming right now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.