[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doors to the mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0475.jpg (54KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
54KB, 600x776px
Alright, you may have heard of this before, but I was browsing the Internet when I heard of a game called Doors To The Mind. Here are the rules. (I copied and pasted this.)

It's pretty simple actually. Nothing as hardcore as the three kings stuff (which I would actually never do myself) buuuut I saw something on here that reminded me of this game I played when I was little. You only need a friend (and maybe a pillow if you'd like?). But the results can be a little surprising and there are a few warning signs to heed when exploring the doors of your... mind. -cue twilight zone music-

So here we go:

Dim the lights, and light a few candles. The name of the game is to put you into a nice meditative state. You need to be relaxed and be able to have a free mind. This is most important for this to work. So put on some comfy clothes and reeeeeelax. The only useful door to your mind is an open one.

Next, Lay your head in your partner's lap. Pillows are always nice. Make sure your head is facing up. Your friend will need to rub both of your temples in slow, circular motions. Like a massage. It needs to be relaxing. That is key. Make sure they keep a pretty steady tempo. Much ado about trancing and meditation.

Third, This is where your friend will have to guide you, so to speak. Let your mind/ imagination do all the work. This entire time your eyes will be closed, and you will be relaying descriptive information to your partner about your surroundings and such (Suggestion: have a third person recording?) Never second guess what comes to mind. Simply answer your partner's questions without hesitation, as they come to you. Just let it happen.

Here is what your helper should start you with:

"You are at one end of a very long corridor. There are numerous doors on both sides of this corridor, spanning the entire length. I want you to explore these doors, and the rooms behind them. Describe to me what you can see, hear, touch, and feel with great detail."
>>
TIPS/WARNINGS

-always pay attention to the door first. This will give you a clue as to what waits for you inside. Note doorhandles, any imperfections, unusual color, shape, size. Also the temperature of the doorhandle may or may not be important.

-IF YOU GO INTO A ROOM FULL OF CLOCKS, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY (or try to...). I don't know what the reasoning behind this was (it was years ago, I apologize), all I know is that it was a big deal. You could stay if you wish, but don't say I didn't warn you. You probably shouldn't touch any of the clocks either... Just don't say I didn't warn you. Anybody have an idea why a room full of clocks would be bad?

-This isn't going to be helpful, but I remember something bad about seeing old ladies, too. -shrug- Anybody have ideas about that as well? Again, this is just stuff I remember from being a kid.

-Not all things in your mind are benevolent towards you. I'm pretty sure you know that, hanging around here. But I thought I'd remind you. It's good to ask "yourself" questions, sometimes these manifested characters can be quite revealing... but other times they can just bring you down.

-Follow your gut instinct about certain doors. Sometimes curiosity really does... kill the cat. :(

-check what's on your person. describe what you are wearing. Check your pockets. You might have keys, trinkets.... anything. You never know. They might be useful in your exploration, or at the very least, symbolic.
>>
If you do it, tell me your experience.
>>
>>19159767
From what i know, old ladies are not exactly nefarious by themselves.

Clocks are dangerous because they can make you lose track of time apparently. You could end up getting stuck in this state for a long long time in the physical world.

Also, WARNING: DO NOT CLOSE THE DOORS BEHIND YOU WHEN YOU ENTER A ROOM
>>
this is like some gay hippy shit
>>
>>19160499
No, it isn't.
>>
>>19160679
Are these your doors or my doors? If these are my doors GTFO
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.