[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if none of this is real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: Please Wake Up.jpg (76KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Please Wake Up.jpg
76KB, 1200x1200px
What if none of this is real? What if all this time you've just been in a coma the entire time while real life has been passing you buy? Dreams can be incredibly vivid. Is there any way to test that this is true reality and not a dream?
>>
Does it really matter? Your perception is your reality.
>>
File: NEIiWw3b_400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
NEIiWw3b_400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Why are you talking to yourself?
Think about it.
>>
>>19156903
>What if none of this is real?
This is where logical thinking comes in handy.

If this is real, and you act like it's real, you'll act appropriately and be fine. If it's real and you at like it's not, you're liable to ignore dangers and be harmed (Darwin Award).

If it's not real and you play along with it, you will prolong the dream (delay returning to a reality you don't remember, or moving on to some afterlife). If it's not real and you act like it's not real, then there's no longer any point in fear. You might gain lucid dreaming powers (to either edit the dream or wake up), or you might not.

So you can try for awesome superpowers at the risk of dying for permanent, or you can continue the life you have with the possibility of waking up afterwards. Which you choose will depend on your tolerance for risk and how decent your life situation is.
>>
>>19156903
Yes, this material world is just a dream. You are taking this daydream as reality because the duration is long. At night when you dream, the duration is just half an hour. But this daydream lasts for twelve hours or more. That is the difference. This is a twelve-hour dream, and that is a half-hour dream—but actually both of them are dreams. Because one is a twelve-hour dream, you are accepting it as real. That is called illusion, or Maya as it is called in Hinduism.

This material dream manifests, stays for a certain time, and then dissolves. This is the nature of material. Reality is not material however, reality is spiritual. Real reality is eternal, not ever changing like material reality. Waking from this dreamlike state is called Moksha and should be strived for, as only as humans can obtain such a state. Cats and dogs do not possess the intelligence to inquire into reality and know god, they just go about enjoying and suffering through the dream.
>>
>>19156903
Then I wouldn't give a fuuuuuuuck
>>
You're a hologram scrawled on an energetic manifold of thinking plasma wrapped around a dead planet. Congratulations.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 262x192px
There is no spoon
>>
>>19157592
>you are merely bending yourself
>>
File: 1490667850117.jpg (104KB, 1020x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490667850117.jpg
104KB, 1020x575px
Wake up and smell the coffee, bitches.
>>
>>19156903
Doesn't matter if anything is real. As long as it feels real, where's the difference? Your fake emotions are still your own.
>>
>>19157637
This. Even supposing that it is all fake it seems real and behaves in a real manner. So, to us at least, it is indistinguishable from any "real" reality there may or may not be. So, we don't have much choice but to work under the assumption that it is real until something happens that show us it isn't.

But there was one weird tale I heard on one of those "true scary stories" things that had a similar premise to yours. Apparently this guy was at college or whatever and got hit by someone. Anyway, he ends up getting up and meeting this girl, getting married, has kids, etc. He lives his life and suddenly one day he can't stop staring at this lamp for some reason. I forget how he described it, but something was off about it. He sat there for days not going to work, fighting with his wife, all that and he thinks he is going nuts until it hits him: the lamp isn't real. And I think that as he realized that he woke up. He had been hit and knocked out and all of this life he thought he had never happened and it fucked him up and he saw a shrink and still felt depressed over losing this family that was never actually real. His brain had just made it all up.
>>
>>19156903
Years ago I used to get random split seconds flashes of black. I always wondered if that was me dying and moving into another plane of existence, kinda along the idea of quantum suicide
>>
>>19157679
You're misusing the idea of quantum suicide much like people misuse the Schrondinger's cat thought experiment.
>>
All is one, everything is an illusion?
>>
But why wake up? why so eager to see what's on the other side? what if this is the best we get, and only worse things await when you're done with this little imaginary trip?
>>
>>19157700
Please elaborate? I was under the belief that quantum suicide is that the participant in the experiment will never die, however they did actually die and continually enter a new universe
>>
>>19156903
It is not false, it is temporary.

>>19157977
You don't "enter a new universe." With the Many-Worlds Theory of QM, every action makes new universe branches, all the time. Thus, there MUST be a universe branch where you amazingly survive every single attempted suicide (in the original hypothetical, "you" were the cat in the box), so THAT you will never die. There's also an untold number of yous that are dying every time as well.

However, since awareness is (AFAWK) only a trait of the living, your AWARENESS would unerringly go to the branch wherein you survive.
>>
File: yes_there_is_a_spoon.png (566KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yes_there_is_a_spoon.png
566KB, 1280x720px
>>19157592
>>
>>19158039
Yeah thats how I understand it, ultimately. Hypothetically, all of the people that had near death experiences actually may have died in such experience?
>>
>>19156903
>What if none of this is real?
It isn't. Well, actually, it's more complicated. It IS real as in you're experiencing it, but it's as real as your dreams are
>Is there any way to test that this is true reality and not a dream?
Magick. Not the meme talk to demon confirmation bias mind trick magick, but ACTUAL magick. Bending reality. Physical changes. If you are truly dreaming and got so used to this dream that you've lost control over it, then like any dream you should be able to become lucid and take control of it. You need to convince yourself that you can bend reality at your will because essentially it was you that created it. People, physical laws, even this post that you're reading right now is all your creation, to make this dream as immersive as possible. Now it's up to you to find out how "real" all of this truly is. An extreme way of doing this would be killing yourself (not kidding here lol) and see what happens but since I don't want you to go out there and blow your brains out, just try practicing magick. Keep in mind that you need to forget about all those "demons" and "consequences" because what matters here is if it works or not. If it works it's essentially because of you, otherwise how could it have worked? It can't be demons, since again they're a concept you made up, just like everything. If you truly put effort into it, you could achieve lucidity and control this dream completely until you get bored. (Funnily enough, you could get so bored that you decide to give up control and immerse yourself into another experience, erasing the memory of your God powers. Essentially what you already did to experience this reality "as if" you were a human in a "shared world".)
All you really need to know is that your awareness is the only thing that you can be sure is real.
>>
>>19158100
My main point was that you would never have "blacked out" according to the quantun suicide theory. Your consciousness would be one constant stream. Not a "im dead" and a reboot. That and both Schrodingers Cat and quantum suicide are used to poke at flaws within the various quantum models. Not literally saying "the cat is both really living and dead!" It is showing how certain ideas break down when confronted by these thought experiments.
>>
>>19157866
Worse or better depends on how you can handle your emotions. Also how comfortable you are with being the only one.
>>
>>19158148
How to magick?
>>
>>19156903
God made all this broski. Seems real enough
>>
>>19157659
9/10 would read full length story
>>
>>19156903
In hindu mythology it is stated that the whole reason why the world even exists is because a dreaming god willed it into existence and deliberateley made himself forget that it's just a dream during his sleep just so he could experience it as something like a divine theater. So basically nothing exists except this divine consciousness which we are all part of.
>>
File: prey-ending-world.jpg (692KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
prey-ending-world.jpg
692KB, 1920x1080px
>Bethesda got it right away but we don't want to see it.
>>
>>19158148
This post is 40 years ahead of our time.
>>
>>19156903
this realm is a sort of a dream where you can feel, eat, fuck, shit , do all things. even dream within a dream.
You me and all of us,,, well half or less of ;;human population'' will wake up.
We wake up when we die in this third dimensional prison, even if we constantly see 2 dimensions.. pretty funny to me.
>>
>>19158375
Just look it up online, sigil magick is the easiest. (there's a thread up about it right now) It's just a way to trick your mind into shifting reality to your will. You could really do anything like snapping your fingers or ideally just intending an outcome but these rituals are more effective since you're probably not at the point you can just change stuff with your mind alone. Anything works really. The point of this is to prove to yourself that reality is not as solid as you think and that you can actually choose what happens to you. You can also visualize and feel outcomes to make them come to reality, I suggest you to read The Power of Awareness by Neville Goddard if you're into visualizing and shit. It's the most fun method and it works pretty well. Also if you aren't lucid dreaming you should start doing it, consider it like a training mode about how to manipulate "real life". You could also try leaving the dream working automatically and exploring it instead, touching and feeling stuff in it which really shows to you how little to no difference there is between dreams and "real life". There isn't much more I can tell you, this journey is 100% personal and subjective so you're better off experimenting yourself instead of listening to me. Just remember to try stuff that other people can see too because otherwise you will think you're going schizophrenic.
>>
I Can assure you I am alive looking at my phone typing this to you. Look up the simulation hypothesis. I am convinced we are in a game. I don't think this is real either, but the reason it's a game -
We try to escape reality right now! With our own games.whos to say we haven't already made a game so real that we don't know we are in it. Therefore when we sleep at night, we are not being played. Think of it like a virtual internet of people who are just playin the game! It's a thought that legitimately helps me get through my day and not regret who I am.
We are not real, and we don't get to wake up from this and get back to normal life, because this is all we are. I and you only exist in the game. But don't be discouraged. It's meaningful for the time we are here. Make a lot of money and enjoy this life as much as possible. Avoid being killed, and just don't get caught up in fixing this world.
>>
>>19156903
Even if it is true no one will believe you because they are too scared to admit it. Think about it, they will either be dissatisfied with your prospect and continue on or will find an excuse to be the most abhorrent person they can be based on the logic that all life is inherently meaningless. Either way they won't care, because everyone believes in a philosophy that will allow them to fuck about regardless of what state our reality appears to be in.
>>
>>19159131
This. Ever told a dream character they're part of your dream? They always play their script of not believing you.
>>
>>19156903
I am convinced I died from a bad lsd experianced. I went nuts and tried to kill myself. I was experiencing excited delirium. You can googit for yourself. But people who experience that absolutely HAVE to go to the hospital. And I went unconscious in the ambulance. I'm convinced I died. And I'm probably still in a coma or something
>>
>>19158165
>you would never have "blacked out" according to the quantun suicide theory
Agree. Or rather, the application of the effect would not cause the blackout, though you may black out due to physical cause-and-effect. For instance, if you put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, the universe branch where you survive might be one where a ceiling tile just happens to fall on your head right as you squeeze the trigger. The tile knocks your head out of the way of the bullet, you black out. But the blackout wasn't caused by the quantum suicide. In the same situation, if the universe branch has the gun misfire, then you wouldn't black out at all.

>Not literally saying "the cat is both really living and dead!" It is showing how certain ideas break down when confronted by these thought experiments.
Well, that was Schrodinger's intent when he created the thought experiment. Unfortunately for him, observations (heh) seem to indicate that "cat state" IS an accurate picture of what's happening. We've been able to successfully achieve quantum superposition with (relative to QM) macroscopic items.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat#Applications_and_tests
>>
>>19157592
Looks like a spoon to me
>>
>>19156903
WHAT ABOUT SIMULATION WHERE HITLER CURED CANCER, MORTY? The answer is: don't think about it.
>>
Ever wondered if in those near death experiences you really died... in a surge of neural activity your brain just played out the dream of you still being alive?

Just waiting on perceived time to catch up with real time...
>>
File: V pose.jpg (104KB, 439x640px) Image search: [Google]
V pose.jpg
104KB, 439x640px
I did a pose like pic related the last time I was on acid.

I was feeling good and seeing the sun come up so I felt like it, as soon as I did I immediately felt like that was the pose I was "really" in, like I was being shackled and held in this pose by force, and it made me think that my entire life was just a fantasy coping mechanism in my head for actually being held in bondage in reality.

it really fucked me up and made the trip pretty bad.
Anyone relate to this?
>>
File: 346c3aacbb35f3c0c639c72fb91f6f6e.jpg (130KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
346c3aacbb35f3c0c639c72fb91f6f6e.jpg
130KB, 1024x1024px
>>19159310
If this is a dream, it's God's dream.
>>
>>19160275
Or maybe it's a

God dreams (you) dream (reality) (you) fuck up (reality) God dreams a fix, which is a new (you)

Error correcting code
>>
File: hmm05_wrc_1255a.gif (19KB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
hmm05_wrc_1255a.gif
19KB, 390x220px
One God but multiple (yous)

A democratic reality, where each living being votes on what happens next.

The demos in this context is biological life, which in it's past has been shitty, although that is not the future.

Blind worms being led to metamorphosis.

We have to change our thinking, for the better, if the world is to be so.
>>
>>19158515
second this
>>
>>19159119
if its a game, then its certain that some ''players'' are ''hacking'' , right? if someone can hack, then everyone possibly could? you just have to ''learn'', start reading the code as some would say, and start altering it, aka bending reality?
>>
>>19157659
>>19158515
>>19160357
https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/30t9kd/repost_a_parallel_life_awoken_by_a_lamp/
>>
>>19156977
This is correct.
>>
File: grassy ass.jpg (35KB, 289x282px) Image search: [Google]
grassy ass.jpg
35KB, 289x282px
>>19161206
Why thank you, Anon. Though I'm revising my score down to 7/10 because re---t.
>>
>>19159140
Once you've experienced a really good cerebral trip there's no real way of knowing that you've come back from it.
>>
File: fpXv15.gif (840KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
fpXv15.gif
840KB, 320x180px
>>19161206
>>19157659
>>19158515
>>19160357

>yfw didn't get a social security number for Roy
>>
>>19161212
Anon seconds this notion.
>>
>>19157659
damn cuh that like one of them DMT stories

I heard someone did DMT and had a whole life as a fish and then he come back and he were real pissed about it
>>
>>19156903
You can decide either way.

Nobody knows if this world is a dream or not. What happens if you die? Nobody knows. It can be nothing or something amazing.

It is up to you to decide.
>>
>>19161713
This. very much this. I like you anon. I like you very much.
>>
>>19161713
Your experience is entirely subjective OP, so basically what this anon said. It is up to you if you decide to experiment with reality. Who knows if you are God? Only you can know. This is why I've been saying over and over in this thread to experiment yourself with reality. You don't have to believe in what I say, but you should also never believe something without personal evidence and never dismiss something without personal evidence.
>>
Recently I had a dream someone told me someone else died, then i had the same conversation in real life the next day. It was really shocking, i can't explain how intense it was on an Azerbaijani fish breeding forum. It was so real and specific, and was probably the most paranormal experience I've ever had. It wasn't deja vu or backwards memories, it happened as plain as it sounds.
>>
>>19156903
Waking up as some transcendental awakening into a higher plane of existence is more of a metaphor for a perceptual awakening in the world you are in right now.
>>
>>19161819
I believe you fham.
>>
>>19161819
This is called Deja Reve
>>
>>19158148
Seriously quit telling people to fuck with others why the fuck is it that everyone who spreads these ideas spreads the fuck with others version? If you're real you already fucking know doing that blocks the expression of power.
>>
>>19156903
nice old meme
>>
>>19161388
>>19160357
>>19158515
>>19157659
wew lads, the plebbitors are out in force today shilling their forced meme
>>
>>19162671
Looks suspiciously like something one of /r/them would say
>>
>>19156903
no. if this was a dream things would escalate without notice. i would be doing something then out of nowhere people would deform and i would have super powers like being able to control a wall of fire i can generate and smack shit with and it doesnt burn stuff it just erases it

i would have conquered this world as i have dream worlds
>>
>>19162924
you sound asleep
>>
>>19162924
You have made the rules of this dream so strict so these events can't happen without your absolute permission.
>>
>>19162658
Because you need to prove yourself that people aren't real to really believe this is your dream. I'm not telling you to go and fuck with people for evil reasons, just for experimentation. It can be just small things, not making someone's life miserable. And even then it will only make you realize being evil is pointless because you already are in control of everything, there's no point in it.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.