[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consciousness of Plants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859KB, 1024x768px
i imagine being a plant would be like being blind and naked in the woods. Only left to hear and feel things.
are they as alive as us, but simply with more limitations?
the consciousness of plants.
go.
>>
I smoked some really good outdoor grown weed and could tell, that it had a better life experience outdoors, than indoor hydroponics. It also kind of game me the feeling that all living things, possibly even matter itself were part of some large divine spirit. Or it was just really good weed KEK.
>>
something about the chemicals they uses to communicate to each other in the soil. That part is actually scientifically proven to some extent
>>
>>19156558
Plants do communicate and show different behavior in different situations. Although their intelligent is very low, they seem to be aware of the environment.
Then you might ask:
How sadistic is it to walk on grass or take home a single flower?

If we agree the living have souls, in the sense of Plato, do plants have souls too?
>>
I think it's kind of like the force in star wars. All living things, even dead things that have yet to form into life have a divine spirit. This is why the atheists are ignorant, claim to care about the environment, yet deny the sacredness of being that is life itself.
>>
>>19156558
There are some pretty neat meditations, in some traditions, where you meditate on what it's like to be various objects by imagining them growing to your full size, and becoming a sort of portal that you merge with and try to "assume the form of the item" so to speak. You guys should try it. It can be interesting, if you have any concentration ability.
>>
>>19156730
I am an atheïst, but also study nature. I don't see a valid reason why the should be a literal God.
Everything seems very logic after you took time to try to understand physics and how biology is shaped by it.
>>
>>19156739
Cannabis helps me meditate, I can basically stare at the wall and let my imagination run wild, and it's just as entertaining or interesting as anything I can think of.
>>
File: fun.jpg (65KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
65KB, 564x797px
>>19156601
>the feeling that all living things, possibly even matter itself were part of some large divine spirit.
you might be onto something there
>>
>>19156753
Science only describes the here and now, the measured, the face value. I am of the belief that their is spirit that connects all living things, in this life, and the next. This is religion and spirituality, the science of deeper meaning beyond yourself.
>>
>>19156756
Not sure that falls under the category of "meditation," bud. Weed can be good, sure. SO many people claim "you can't AP or lucid dream or meditate if you smoke weed" that it's become a meme. It definitely can reduce ability to remember dreams, but that's about it.
>>
>>19156753
Until you can explain the origin of the universe and what happened before, Deism is just as valid as agnosticism. Atheism may even be arrogant, because an atheist is declaring that they absolutely do not believe in the existence of gods, despite that it cannot be disproven OR proven. Agnosticism is more appropriate, methinks.
>>
Science even describes a molecule that binds all things. Who's to say it is not divine or spiritual in origin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
>>
>>19156647
you know i realized you cant live life without taking life. About 100 baby toads are running around our parking lot at work right now because its summer time.
You cannot help but step on them, or run them over with your car. there is no way to live life without taking it. So i do not worry about being sadistic about stepping on plants, eating, or smoking them.
>>
>>19156753
maybe god is the tree outside your house.
plants bring us life, therefore god?
unless you live in arizona, that's hell for sure
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.