[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voynich Manuscript

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Been lurking for a while, decided to make a post on something I've been interested in for a while. I know this got a lot of publicity a few years ago, and then fell off the face of the Earth. Post what you know, I'm tempted to get back into this specific case.
>>
>>19155917
google
youtube for latest documentaries
it is still under study
>>
>>19155917

Remember seeing this a while ago, and then later found so other website with more info about it. Like i said, been a while, but i do remember seeing marijuana depicted it the text. Thought that was cool, considering how old the book is presumed to be.
>>
>>19156212
dude weed lmao
>>
>>19156212
Weed was invented by the KGB in 1958 to weaken the American populace, and all historical records and depictions of weed prior to that are false and implanted by the KGB as well to deflect any suspicion, therefore the Voynich manuscript must originate from Soviet Russia
>>
>>19156249
i know, right. its a pretty simple drawing, but i think its pretty obvious. gimmie a sec, and ill try to find it and post it.

>>19156266
weak, and lame
>>
File: 1006104_quarter.jpg (553KB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1006104_quarter.jpg
553KB, 1061x1500px
>>19156212

This is the drawing that appears to be weed. It would also seem that the artist's drawing is that of a plant that has already been 'topped', or had the top part of the plant cut off, judging by the 'trunk' visible at the base of the plant. Normally weed grows as a bi-foliage plant. That means there is the single stalk in the middle, and then two leaves parallel to each other at each node. However, once a weed plant is 'topped', it usually becomes a uni-foliage plant. Which means that there is a stem in the middle, and then only one single leaf grows at each node. This drawing appears to exhibit both growth structures, as well as the long thin pointy bladed leaves, and the buds at the top of the plant. All in all, could be totally wrong. Considering we don't fully understand the the book. But based off looks, and personal first hand knowledge, looks like weed to me.
>>
>>19157099

Only criticism of the argument is the bud would be in one mass on a pot plant growing like that. And also the stems seem to be drawn deliberately to look like they were only connected in the center, like a flower.

But those a pretty minor and could be written off as a slight mistake or me seeing the wrong thing.
>>
Here's a very good vid someone linked here a long time ago. I'm not super interested in the manuscript, but the old memes about it being "indecipherable" and "otherworldly" are crumbling by the day at this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZD_3D8_WQ

You can look this guy up to find a website with more info and decryption, and I really like this video because he gives a comparison between the words he decodes and the same words in other languages. Either in the video or on the website he gives a good breakdown of where he thinks the manuscript might be from, or where the language used in it might be from.
>>
>>19157150

Yes, there usually is one 'main' cola at the top, but there is almost always also more than one around it as well. You also have to factor in that this book was supposedly written in 1400's-1600's(not totally sure about this one, but it was a long time ago). Back then the plant was probably a weaker, more 'simple' version of what we see today. Take corn for example. Early corn only produced 1-3 ears per stalk. Now today, through the use of agriculture(and most likely genetic engineering) the average stalk of corn produces 5-6 ears.
>>
>>19157169

Interesting, watching it now.
>>
>>19157169

Juniperus Oxycedrus!?!

Hmm, seems like it could be possible. The guy in the video has probably done alot more research than anon, but it would still be cool if it was weed.
>>
File: juniper.jpg (265KB, 723x543px) Image search: [Google]
juniper.jpg
265KB, 723x543px
>>19157333

Oops, forgot this
>>
>>19156848
ahahhahah 2/10
>>
File: 0216acb9b708a3075c85f6dc17ee6735.jpg (761KB, 1194x1804px) Image search: [Google]
0216acb9b708a3075c85f6dc17ee6735.jpg
761KB, 1194x1804px
From what I remember a lot of stuff was similar to microscopic level shapes and things despite this before before the invention of the microscope as well as lots of shit working like a Zoetrope when spun.

What I want to hear about is crazy theories on who the fuck wrote it and why?
Divine knowledge? Time/dimension traveler?
Whispers from the old ones?
Please share.
>>
>>19158557
the unknown language and cryptic picture were crafted in that way so as to be in code so that the author or person who commissioned the work, wouldn't be burned at the stake for conducting "heretical" science
>>
>>19157333
The author points out that the plants depicted may be foreign to the author(s), and they only catch glimpses of them as traders pass through the area this was written. The wouldn't be alive in that case, likely dried and/or processed to be ready for sale or trade. That might explain the weirdness with them, or perhaps they are illustrations traced from another manuscript and the artist of the voynich manuscript was a shitty artist.

He also speculates that the plants might be species in that area that we're not familiar with for whatever reason.

I'm partial to his theory that the manuscript was written in a language invented by a group who spoke a dialect or language with no writing system. I could imagine some small town along the silk road growing rich from passing traders in the 1400s, and a local official deciding that the knowledge needs to be recorded for posterity. Some guys get together and hash out a basic language, something they can read and record info in, then catalog a lot of daily life in the town, what they trade in, some basic astrological shit, etc. Then the town dies out eventually, maybe the trade routes find new passage, maybe the town was conquered or wiped out somehow, maybe a drought hit and the people all went to other places. The language they invented died then, as the people assimilated into other cultures. Someone kept the book though, and it found its way to italy eventually.
>>
File: Juniperus_oxycedrus_range.svg.png (159KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
Juniperus_oxycedrus_range.svg.png
159KB, 1024x585px
>>19160107
That would make sense. So if it were in a market type place then it would have some use for something. Quick search lead to this about uses for juniper: Cade oil is the essential oil obtained through destructive distillation of the wood of this shrub. It is a dark, aromatic oil with a strong smoky smell which is used in some cosmetics and (traditional) skin treatment drugs, as well as incense.

Also seems logical that it might actually be Juniper, considering where the manuscript was found, and where Juniper is native to. See Pic.

TL;DR
Really wanted to believe author found ancient weed, but further evidence suggests it simply is Juniper.
>>
>>19161564
If you want some really old weed, head to China:
>>
>>19163557
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/marijuana-cannabis-pot-weed-burial-shroud-china-ancient-discovery-scythians-turpan-archaeology-botany/

forgot the link, sorry
>>
>>19155917
Mandella effect residue?

Proof of lost civilization or clever cypher?
>>
>>19155917
twas written using various languages
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.