[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with this book? I went to their website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_7321.jpg (120KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7321.jpg
120KB, 480x640px
What's the deal with this book?

I went to their website and entered my birthday and what it said was so extensive and so spot on that it even gets scary.
>>
This isn't like horoscopes or astrology where most of it is confirmation bias.

This stuff gets personal.
>>
link?
>>
>>19153715
https://www.thesecretlanguage.com
>>
>>19153694
Jan 8th go
>>
Great books to find yourself in. "Oracle-y" if you use it right.
>>
Holy damn I was expecting psychobabble but that was fucking spot on. Like, unnervingly spot on.
>>
Looking through it now. Eh, seems to be about half right. I've had more convincing readings.
>>
Oh shit
Pretty fucking accurate
Sept. 18
>>
Ah well... mine described the complete opposite of me, though its list of adjectives was okay.
>>
>>19153694
June 19th
Very surprised how accurate it was.
>>
File: 1487957307501.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487957307501.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>19153694
>https://www.thesecretlanguage.com
Gotta admit that's pretty spot on. Tells me I gotta cut down on the drinking, but I just can't.
>>
>>19153965
Your probably lying to yourself about half yur traits.

Can someone explain how i can have two birthdays?
>>
>>19154367
The traits it identifies are more positive than what I recognise though. I don't know why I'd lie to myself about that. It identifies me as an adventurous risk taker, when I see myself as a massive coward.
>>
>>19154403
hahaha. I don't why thats funny. Shame...
This shits spooky accurate thoug. i only found like 2 things wrong.
>>
>>19153694
>What's the deal with this book?

That same that its with all of this category: shekels
>>
>ADVENTURESOME
>ACTIVE
>PHYSICAL
>MORALLY COURAGEOUS
>EXCITING
>DAUNTLESS
>HONORABLE
>EXPANSIVE
>FAIRRESTLESS
>DISSATISFIED
>MANIC‑DEPRESSIVE
>ADDICTIVE
>EMOTIONALLY BLOCKED
>VOLATILE
>TYRANNICAL
>IMPULSIVE

Fuck me dead.
Literally how?
>>
I didn't read the full thing, but from what I read, it was wrong. One or another phrase was correct but the main idea was completely different from who I am and want to be.
>>
>>19153972
Eyyyy Sept 19th!!! Almost birthday buddies!!!
>>
>>19154505
Forget to say Feb 6
>>
was a bunch of bollocks for me
>>
>SMART
>FUNNY
>TALENTED
literally how the fuck does it know?!
>>
File: birthday.png (24KB, 627x512px) Image search: [Google]
birthday.png
24KB, 627x512px
>>19153694
It's mostly right.

But with such a shotgun of words it would have to be.
>>
>>19153972
Bruhh you are a September 18 too!!
>>
File: 1483324276947.jpg (67KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
1483324276947.jpg
67KB, 600x656px
>Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor

wowzers it's me! hella epic brehs
>>
july 28, man if that isn't spot fucking on
>>
This is interesting but still pretty horoscope teir in my opinion. Some of the descriptions were accurate but some were the complete opposite of me.

The "traits" especially are just casting a net. It's just stuff like:

>FUNNY
>THOUGHTFUL
>ACTIVE

They're literally just listing human traits. If you're a live and human you're bound to relate to most or all of them.

Just go to Meyer-Briggs if you want an accurate self analysis.
>>
>>19153717
>>19153717
Horry sheittt m8. This ridiculous, and I've tried different ones throughout the years. Impressive.
>>
File: Birthday.png (47KB, 888x772px) Image search: [Google]
Birthday.png
47KB, 888x772px
I like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtZBA1bVbcs
>>
>>19154000

Nice trips.

And you can quit drinking. Seriously, check out A.A. Good luck
>>
>>19156409
AA is great if you're religious, but the 12 step program's success rates for extended periods of time are, at best, in the low teens, and at worst in the low single digits. Not to mention it's about as unscientific as you can get for treating addiction. But it works for some.
>>
>>19155756
AYYY
>>
>>19153694
My mom has that book

It's pretty good
>>
>>19153694
I have this book, its fucking amazeballz
>>
>>19153694
>>19153712

This is just astrology repackaged so that people will look past the astro and go straight into the reading. It's not horoscopes by any means, but horoscopes are terrible representations of astrology anyway. Astrology readings encompass so much. This site is essentially trying to create some kind of new formula based on astrology.
>>
>>19153717
>FINANCIALLY ASTUTE
lol
everything else is pretty spot on, but that was my first thing and very very off
>>
(((Gary Goldschneider)))
>>
holy shit this is spot on. as an non-initiate can anyone explain to me how they did it?
I never beieved in astrology, I always tought that hunks of rock in space have no way to influence your personality. Is it deeper than that?
>>
Hmm, kinda disappointed with May 29th. There were a couple of words and phrases I would attribute to myself but for the most part it seemed to be going after a completely different type of person. 2/10 for me.
>>
>>19158817
bonus points; they also spot on predicted my relantioship with 2 girls
>>
Pretty damn accurate for me.

>July 7th
>>
>>19158817
Astrology is a thing, it's how the wise men knew Jesus was born

It's just that horoscopes are complete bs, gives astrology a bad name
>>
>>19153694
If you want to read more into it I would suggest
http://mymayansign.com
And also Dan Millmans Life Purpose app

I believe an explanation that stars and other space objects emit some kind of energy and when we die we achieve some kind of level that is coded within these energies and you can only be reborn after stars and heavenly bodies arrange in a matter that is needed for you. These are then coded into dates and numbers we use today giving us slights of information but now the whole picture
>>
>>19159382
How can I learn more about this stuff to reconcile zodiac astrology with mayan astrology and esoteric knowledge? what books are good?

I don't wanna pay for "readings" when I could learn it all by myself
>>
>>19153694
This was actually surprisingly accurate for me. Might be confirmation bias, but it had my style of work down to a t.
>>
>>19153694
Dude this shit is creepy, definitely buying his book now lol
>>
>INTELLIGENT
>NIHILISTIC
>A WICKED SENSE OF HUMOR
>LARGE GENITALS
How does it know all this?
I'm impressed!
>>
>>19158817
The hunks of space rocks you're talking about is our solar system. I like to think of it like gears in a clock. Looking at what's inside, you can see the gears being moved and moving each other powered by a battery to produce the movement of the hands of the clock.

The solar system is exactly like that. All the planets move in concert with each other and are powered by the Sun. Each planet has their own gravity and spin producing the cohesion of the entire system. It's not exactly too far a jump to assume that this inner clockwork affect us not only physiologically but also mentally, emotionally, etc. Like how the Earth has cycles, day night, summer winter, so does the human being depending on when you are born.
>>
you guys realize this is just native marketing and half the people in this thread are astroturfing sockpuppets right
>>
If you had your mind blown by astrology, natal charts or even horoscopes, I suggest reading Planets in Transit.

It is very fucking informative.
>>
This site is shit. Way off for me.
>>
Your samefagging shows bud. This is confirmation bias bullshit. Some things will be spot on, most won't. The reader doesn't judge the misses as hard because of the previous hits (which again, are confirmation bias). Do not give away your shekels like this guys, this is obviously an ad.
>>
diep.io/#D2F42A40BB3045D73C0F
>>
>>19160022
Fuck off cunt, the site is free ffs

Why are you even on /x/
>>
>>19153694

Funny story I was in a book store once and I saw a book very similar to that one about birthdays. I decided to flip to a random page to check it out and the page happened to be the one for my exact birthday. I read it and it was deadly accurate to my personality. I bought the book.
>>
>>19153694
>What's the deal with this book?
Well, if it is about some astrological stuff, when exact dates if birth are important, and it doesn't even mention "time zones", then it's garbage.
>>
>>19160029

nobody here has or ever will buy your shitty book
>>
>>19160057
lmao I'm just a lurker who came across the site and shared it with /x/ while autistic fuckers like you get mad for no reason.

Also in this thread people have already said that they bought the book so get fucked
>>
>>19160004
Thanks. Do you have any other book recommendations?
>>
>>19153694
>February 14th
>High strung sarcastic asshole
That explains my ulcers at least.
>>
No. It got like 3 things right
>>
>>19153694
Completly off with me. Saying I am a cultivator and desire the preservation of society and side with the law and that people to be of a similar mindset be praised and look down upon individualism.

Could not be more wrong.
>>
>>19153694
I have a copy of this book
>>
This doesn't really sound like me desu.
>>
>astrological psychobabble always strikingly spot-on, even shitty daily horoscopes

>everyone hails this as a break and true from astrology nonsense
>it's not even remotely accurate, aside from the usual Aquarian traits
>>
>>19161408
>It didn't work for me, therefore everyone else is wrong!
>>
i just looked up my birthday, seems pretty accurate

spooky
>>
>>19161566
AHHH
>>
>dec 11
>pretty much the exact opposite of me

These things are never accurate.
>>
>>19161762
opposites are two sides of the same coin
>>
>>19160143
These dudes have a fuckload of pretty much everything.

>>>/t/752273

and this guy too

>>>/t/734712

lol captcha magik shop
>>
>>19155756
My girlfriend is Sept. 18. What's going on?
>>
It was entirly wrong about me and often contradictory of itself.
>>
>the first paragraph doesn't describe my adult self at all
>the rest of it is 100% accurate
>realize i'm living in a form of arrested development by connecting the dots
Fuck, man.
>>
>>19156420
i was in AA for about a year. it was good for resocializing and getting used to the normal world after being a junkie/alcoholic shut in for almost a decade, but it's unrealistic and hypocritical as a lifestyle.

just make some good, trustworthy friends who care about you, and go to therapy (CBT is best, talk therapy is mostly bs).
>>
also, an ex bought me this book on a lark a few years back. it was surprisingly spot on, but like most other people have said, it's mostly just because they pick such a variety of common positive traits/personality flaws that people think they have.
>>
Man I tend to not believe in this shit but it almost described me exactly as I perceive myself
>>
>>19162047
what is funny is that sometimes people willfully try to avoid perceiving themselves as they are, to avoid a clash with reality.
sometimes it is obvious and other times it takes a little social engineering to see the skeletons in the closet.
>>
File: 1472826461574.jpg (25KB, 348x343px) Image search: [Google]
1472826461574.jpg
25KB, 348x343px
>>19153694
>Those born on the 22nd of the month are ruled by the numbers 4 (2+2=4) and 22, and by the planet Uranus, which is both erratic and explosive.
>the planet Uranus, which is both erratic and explosive

fuck this, this thing's trolling me yo
>>
>>19162086
>4U
>>
>>19161994
>wrong about me and often contradictory of itself.

Maybe because you are
>>
>8/18/93

>Patient
Ahaha thrown out the window
>>
>>19153694
it wouldn't let me take a picture of it with my phone to show my so, so fucking creepy
>>
File: 1451583766373.jpg (1MB, 3744x5616px) Image search: [Google]
1451583766373.jpg
1MB, 3744x5616px
Oh fuck it's spot on
>>
https://www.thesecretlanguage.com/check/day/
>use with your m8
>>
>>19160029

Yeah right on man, you tell him. How dare he question a website that purports to tell you who you are based solely on the day you were born. I mean it stands to reason that everyone born on the same day would be the exact same type of person right? How does that not make perfect sense? What an idiot he is to bring a shred of reason to that. Lol what a fun killing jerk right?
>>
>>19154367
The two birthdays thing is you enter yours, then enter your partner's, it's a relationship reading.
>>
3/13
According to this I'm basically /x/ incarnate
>>
THE reason why astrology and this book and oracles work is because there are different energies on earth at different times and these are cyclical in nature, they've been repeating since time immemorial and have been studied to death. The information is there. Some energies come from stars, the cosmos, who knows where but every time the cycles always repeat, effects have been studied and written about. Therefore it will be easy to calculate everything about your personality. You are entirely predictable lol welcome to the matrix now do what you want with what you got. And stop acting so surprised, I mean what did you expect? Yes, God and the aliens know what you will have for breakfast but it's ok it's you living through the script and how you react that will provide them with endless aeons of entertainment. Hope you are having fun!
>>
>>19158817
The moon can make water move and sea levels rise because of its gravity (notice how the tides sweep in whenever it's full)

Humans are 71% water, of course it can affect us
>>
Theyre just giving you a list of positive adjectives and you go "Wow, that is me!"
>>
>>19162032
Well, I guess the way to test it is also to input a bunch of other random dates and see if they represent you as well.
>>
>>19163690
Took me five tries to land on one I didn't really see myself in. Hmmm.
>>
>>19153717

>expect nonsense
>it's spot on
>>
>>19163752
Try some dates that aren't yours.
>>
>>19163761
Just searched my sis bday and it's pretty close to her personality/life.
>>
>>19163784
I mean try random dates and see if they represent you as much as your own does.
>>
>>19163787
Just did, it didn't.

I'm sorry it didn't fit you.
>>
>>19163796
It did fit me. Then I tried five more, and they all fit me too.
>>
File: 1484492798905.jpg (20KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1484492798905.jpg
20KB, 249x249px
OBSERVANT
TRUTHFUL
SENSITIVE
ALL‑KNOWING
OVERCRITICAL
WITHDRAWN

scary accurate, fug
july 3rd
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

> The Barnum effect, also called the Forer effect, is a common psychological phenomenon whereby individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically to them but that are, in fact, vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people.
>>
>>19164249
but it aint vague, its pretty on point, I tried different dates of birth and one in like 20 was someway right, unlike my bday was dead accurate with like 1 thing off
>>
I did it for myself, ended up with some wildly inaccurate information, it's luck of the draw.
>>
>>19161458
That's not what I said at all. Go jerk off to skinwalkers or tulpas, faggot.
>>
>>19160057
you have autism and have never had sex before
>>
CONVINCING
INSIGHTFUL
ENLIGHTENING
DOGMATIC
INSENSITIVE
JEALOUS

Weirdly accurate (May 5th)
>>
>>19160469
lmao
>>
december 12 1995

titan week hell yeah
>>
>>19158791
So what if he has a gold schneider lens whose name is Gary? What is this world coming to!

OYY VEYYY
>>
It lied it said I love taking black cock up the ass. OK, I admit it got that right. How did it know?
>>
>>19153694
i will give it a try but i`m very skeptic about it
>>
File: fug.gif (956KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
fug.gif
956KB, 320x180px
>IMPULSIVE
>TROUBLED
>MATERIALLY STUCK
>DEPRESSIVE
>WORRYING
>ESCAPIST
>AMORAL
>COMPULSIVE
>PHYSICAL
>INSISTENT
>SERIOUS

well fuck me rigid, save for a couple of them, this was oddly accurate
nov 9 btw
>>
oy vey it's accuracy is frightening!
>>
>FLAMBOYANT
>SEXUAL
>ENERGETIC

>SELF‑CONTAINED
>OBSERVANT
>FLAMBOYANT

>ENTHUSIASTIC
>THOUGHTFUL
>PERSISTENT
>NEEDY
>INSECURE

>NARCISSISTIC
>SECRETIVE
>NONSHARING

>FOOLHARDY
>COMPULSIVE
>EXCESSIVE
About 90% accuracy!
>>
>>19164766
very accurate, truly spooped.
>>
August 3... it fucking told me i suffer from back pains and muscle stretches.. that i like being im danger.. that im physically strong and cold blooded..everything was fucking right for me.. like wtf.. my parents dont know that shit for me. Im so creeped
>>
Mostly right, left out some of my bigger personality traits tho. Meh
>>
>>19159808
A good place to start is to read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manly_P._Hall#The_Secret_Teachings_of_All_Ages
He touches on a lot of stuff although its hard to comprehend what he means its not an east read. You can download it here http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/
This website offers a wide range of books for free on esoteric subjects you should find material about whatever you are looking for
>>
>>19153984
same
im disappointed
>>
>>19153717
It's completely off.
>>
Mine seemed pretty accurate. It really nailed a lot of my negative personality traits.
>>
>>19153694
incredibly incorrect information, they got nothing right about me.
>>
Aug 19. Sort of right. I feel like I've read things a dozen of times, and I realized why. It's basically a mixture of numerology, astrology and even a little bit of tarot.

However this mixed nature of it gives it a new flavor. Namely, this is the very first time something says I'm tend to lie and keep secrets. Oh boy…
>>
>>19155756
Lmao my cousin was born on September 18th
>>
>>19153694
Spot on.
>>
>>19153694
7th May.
>Spot on.....
>>
did anybody else jsut get really depressed by reading theirs? mine was like nothing but shitty traits to have.
>>
>>19153717
>be /r9k/ autist
>this shows up

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHAHAAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH
>>
>>19168841
You're a failed normie.
>>
>>19153694
Hmm, mine is quite accurate but also filled with cusp trait tropes. Seems like it's trying at a combination of numerology and cold reading with a facade of astrology.
>>
>>19153694
Couldn't be more wrong if it tried.
>>
This is nonsense. If this were true, everyone born on the same day would be the same kind of person. If not, it's just fishing for wide reaching characteristics and making them stick together by using planets to connect them. Confirmation bias is the bread that this bullshit butter is spread upon.
>>
>>19168987
Not at all. One analogy tonynderstand this are trees. We can group them into specific kinds, but not one tree in the world is the same as another
>>
>>19169030
>tonynderstand
to understand
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.