[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I use Magick to become a different, better person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 1496546189968.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1496546189968.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I humbly ask for your knowledge /x/

I've decided to become a different, better me. But despite my efforts it seems to me that my change needs to be more radical. My personality is weak, complacent, and above all, mediocre. My greatest desire is to be a man of excellence. It was part of my decision to become an Asatruar, Nordic Pagan. But it seems that it's not enough.
I need to change, desperately so, for the better. And I know this change must also take place within my spirit, my heart and soul. Is there a way to use magick to aid me on this? To perhaps seal off my negative traits, forever? A sacrifice to the Gods? A ritual or spell of chaos magick to aid me?

I humbly ask for your guidance /x/

I mistakingly posted this as a reply to another thread. Im sorry.
>>
>>19152946
>Can I use Magick to become a different, better person?
Parts of magic are psychological, so... sure, I guess so.

>My personality is weak, complacent, and above all, mediocre.
That's certainly going to make it difficult to get going, I guess.

>To perhaps seal off my negative traits, forever?
Everybody's got negative traits, dude. The trick is to not let them be your primary traits.

>A sacrifice to the Gods?
I'm not all that familiar with magic, but that seems a bit extreme.
>>
You are describing exactly what magick is. I suggest you first learn about magick and what It can do for you.
>>
File: baphogram.jpg (39KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
baphogram.jpg
39KB, 530x530px
>>19152946
Magic can be used to do practically anything... for a price
>>
>>19152998
What would be a good place to start?
>>19153010
Everything worth something demands sacrifice. I am ready to listen.
>>
What is "excellence" to you?
>>
>>19153068
Meditation. The first step toward magick is discipline. Meditate for at least half an hour every day. Then, begin studying occult paths. Check out /omg/ on this board. Try out divination methods.
>>
>>19152946
yes you can. i used it to summun a succubus, had sex with a succubus and my peen perma grew 2 inches in size.
>>
Listen to more Alan Watts. Tarot can be a good teacher of your self as well.
>>
>>19152946
why don't you try not being a piece of shit first?? keep it simple, stupid
>>
>>19152946
>I mistakingly posted this as a reply to another thread. Im sorry.
no you arent. but your going to be sorry

you half assed apology is insulting. like your all broken up over disrupting some one elses larping. like you wont be able to sleep at night because you asked a question

there is a special place in hell for people like you. its a elevator that never reaches its destination but you never realize that and you have to take a shit but you dont want to shit yourself
>>
File: A0S.jpg (36KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
A0S.jpg
36KB, 480x388px
>>19152946

Work on the physical and the non-physical, don't neglect either. Take up yoga or qigong, eat healthy, meditate often, study all manner of things not just related to the occult to expand your horizons. It may seem trivial, but a strong foundation makes the difference. Don't let a lust after results control you, be content to refine yourself thoughtfully through the basics for awhile. Below is suggested reading material that I feel benefits most any path you may choose to end up taking. There's a link to a fairly comprehensive library in the following thread if you wish to make use of it:

>>19142670

Cat 101 Reading List:

Liber 1
Liber 3
Tao Te Ching
Zhuangzi
Lieh Tzu
Xing Yi Nei Gong
Falun Gong
Gurdjieff's 48 Exercises
Psychic Self Defense
Secret Teachings of All Ages
The Doctrine of Awakening
Visual Magick
Kali Kaula
Practical Taoism
Introduction to Magic
Revolt Against the Modern World
Ride the Tiger
A New Model of the Universe
Prometheus Rising
Low Magick
Corpus Hermeticum
Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson
The Fourth Way
Nag Hammadi
Astral Dynamics
Burst of Breath
Book of Numbers
Euclid's Window
Chicken Qabalah
Awakening Ground
Sefer Yetzirah
One Year Manual
Book 4 Part 1 - Mysticism
Book 4 Part 2 - Magick
Book 4 Part 3 - Magick in Theory and Practice
Book 4 Part 4 - The Law
Liber 6
Liber 777
Liber 111
The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic
Three Books of Occult Philosophy
The Psychick Bible
Liber Null
Condensed Chaos
Book of Lies
Book of Thoth
78 Degrees of Wisdom
The Way of the Crucible
Real Alchemy
Prime Chaos
Liber Kaos
Liber 800
>>
>>19153225
Much appreciated anon
I will take your advice to heart.
Thanks
>>
>use magick to become a better person
Isn't that the purpose of magick to begin with?
>>
>>19152946
You spelt magic incorrectly.
>>
File: tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif (762KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif
762KB, 245x150px
>>19154774
I think I love you, Anon.
>>
I wouldn't recommend Aleister Crowley to a neophyte
>>
>>19152946
>>19153068
Don't listen to Satanists, they'll lead you astray. It always takes an effort and a goal. There are no easy ways out, the first step is taking responsibility.
>>
>>19153477
Yoga is very helpful, but be sure to work all 8 limbs and don't just do dat basic bitch housewife yoga where you go from asana to asana for the hell of it. Also, you could research "Personal Alchemy" but try to avoid New Age woo
>>
>>19154893
Why, they are doing this in almost every thread. Seems like autism more than anything.
>>19155721
Why not? Hell, in the A.'.A.'. someone who holds the title of "Neophyte" has already taken two oaths and gone thru one initiation. I know you were probably using it in its more common meaning, but still, why not?
>>
>>19155753
Too cryptic to understand, truth mixed with disinformation

I don't think he's "bad", but you need some knowledge to know what the fuck he's talking about
>>
>>19155781
>too cryptic
Literally the same English that we speak today. Some of the stuff written in verse may be a bit "cryptic" and his references to the IXth and XIth degree OTO are always veiled and cryptic, but the only time Crowley has ever come off as cryptic to me is when he is consciously trying to avoid divulging high-grade secrets.
>Truth mixed with disinformation
Where?
>>
>>19155800
Really interested to know where you have found "disinformation" in Crowley's work, especially his introductory stuff. bumping in hopes you come back, anon. my inclination is that it's a meme, because someone seems to say it on here about once a month, but ya never know.
>>
If you're familiar with Theurgy, establishing some kind of written contract with some gods that could be included in some kind of ritual is a good step into stripping away some negative aspects of yourself (if you can't do it on a meditative level).
>>
>>19155889
Yeah disinformation wasn't the right word, what I meant is that someone who is ignorant can read Crowley and become more confused rather than wiser
>>
File: DukeAmerica.jpg (77KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
DukeAmerica.jpg
77KB, 400x300px
>>19152946
Forge reality, my man: You want to be a man of excellence? Write down what you consider to be the personality traits of such a man, and just evoke them. Act the part, and it'll become second nature.
>>
>>19155939
Indeed
>>
>>19154893
Haha. And yeah I am doing it in every thread, the meme needs to die
>>
>>19153010
Don't listen to this guy, you can get everything you really want without ever paying a price.
>>
>>19156102
>Meme
Just because your autism gets triggered by an alternate spelling of a word, whose entire history and purpose has been laid out to you, but which you choose to ignore because
>WAAHH that's not how my feelies say things are WAHH

Does not make it a "meme." And the fact that you think shitting everywhere while you senselessly masturbate is going to prevent people from following a centuries-old precedent, you are probably too retarded to understand, anyway. Shoo on back to the slow table, Please n thanks.
>>
>>19155942
Just like that? Like fake it till you make it kind of stuff?
>>19155933
Could you elaborate? I only found articles about divination.
>>
>>19152946

The trick OP, is you already are using Magick, on yourself, right now.

You say you're 'weak, complacent and mediocre', and what do you know, you are! What you can change is your thoughts, deny & banish negative thoughts, eat healthy food (shit food = shit thoughts, the dietary model is right now, the leading model for depression according to science), and meditate. Then you can also do affirmations to anchor new thoughts. It all starts with your mind OP. Good luck.
>>
>>19156421
>Just like that? Like fake it till you make it kind of stuff?
Somewhat. I'm an idiot, so I'm butchering the Chaos magick concept of bending reality, but this description is the best way to simplify it I can.
>>
>>19156453
Nah, you can make it a symbol.

Just a black and white image.
>>
File: download_20170614_185653.png (67KB, 1374x595px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170614_185653.png
67KB, 1374x595px
>>19152946
Yes, here is a future divination program. Put at least three items in each item on the right.

Made in freemind
>>
>>19152946
part of becoming a magician is structuring your behaviour and the way you think in favor of your code of magick
>>
>>19156476
This is amazing, Thank you Anon!
>>19156486
Basically what >>19156451 said?

>>19153087
Being a man of great deeds, uncompromising, greater than life, focused, capable of enforcing his sheer will to achieve anything.
>>
>>19156620
I want you to succeed. When you finish share it with someone and if your comfortable, share your education goals
>>
>>19152946
Why don't you just be a better person? You know instead of looking over your fence and admiring your neighbors grass, you could just water your own lawn.
>>
File: d7e.png (477KB, 800x829px) Image search: [Google]
d7e.png
477KB, 800x829px
I was wondering if people could exchange bodies.
Wanted to set up an experiment.
however the person I wanted to ask for some info didn't respond.
too bad.
that would be one way of doing it haha,
>>
>>19158453
>I was wondering if people could exchange bodies.
They're trying it, look up Sergio Canavero
>>
>>19156451
This OP. As above so below, as within so without, etcetera
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.