[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mainstream conspiracy theories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: _89937831_capture.jpg (50KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_89937831_capture.jpg
50KB, 660x371px
i was have a conversation today with a friend about conspiracy theories that have either been accepted by society or are becoming far more mainstream. one of the big ones we talked about was chemtrails, which is pretty popular with a lot of farmers in america who otherwise have no interest in such things. however, we couldn't really come up with a reason why it's surged in popularity aside from a rise in organic/clean eating. another one we talked about was the increase in belief that hormones are being put into the water supply, probably because of trans/gay visibility increasing in such a short amount of time.

so /x/, which conspiracy theories do you predict will become mainstream in the next few years, and why?

pic related: one of the most boring conspiracy theories to gain mass public attention
>>
Ticks man.

Where the fuck did they all come from?
>>
>>19151546
seriously, they're fuckin everywhere, maybe they're mossad
>>
>>19151546
i'm so scared i'm going to get lyme disease and die just from looking at them
>>
>>19151888
There's actually a conspiracy that Lyme disease was engineered in a lab. Have fun with that one.
>>
>>19151431
Pic related is about what? Common law?
>>
>>19152603
i had no idea about this until i just googled it, but the website i found was very interesting. a woman was bit by a tic and got lymes disease and now she's convinced it's an experiment from connecticut.

"After doing about a one hour search I came across all of the usual doom and gloom propaganda spewed out by Big Pharma, saying that Lyme disease can cause very serious long term side effects" was a line that particularly amused me. apparently she's figured out the natural cure for lymes disease is a hot bath while eating ginger...

anyway, i'm now in a rabbit hole of other issues around lymes disease.
for example,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34579423 is discussing how people may be making up having 'chronic' lymes disease because they're hypochondriacs. man... i didn't think lymes disease was so controversial. thanks for the oddly satisfying tip anon!
>>
File: stan470e533.jpg (14KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
stan470e533.jpg
14KB, 395x450px
>>19151431
The chemicals in the water turning people gay/trans thing is actually based on the research that some guy did on a certain type of pesticide that often ends up in drinking water. I don't remember the guys name but the person who discovered it was supposedly threatened by the pesticide company to keep quite.
>>
>>19152608
pic related is from the uk, they cropped up everywhere and i think there's 3 in my city at the moment. it's some conspiracy theory about how when your parents register your birth name with the government, the government owns the rights to the name and you don't. i don't entirely understand why the government owning the right to your name is a big deal, but apparently it stems from the kind of people who believe that the law only applies to you if you consent to the law and then use that excuse to get out of fines/debts/crimes.

what's interesting about it is apparently it's funded by some woman in canada who has no links to the uk, but she's spreading all this stuff in the uk instead of in canada? it's pretty odd but kind of boring in the sense that it seems to be one wealthy woman with a very specific delusion about something that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

truthbillboards on facebook seems to be the 'official' site for it and the bbc actually did a pretty good investigation into it, although they came to the conclusion of 'it's batshit' and then gave up: bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36499750
>>
>19152603
>19152645
So interestingly enough, my brother works for a large hospital in the marketing department and writes a lot of articles for the doctors of the hospital. One was telling him how we actually have a vacine for lyme disease, but for whatever reason (whether it wasn't profitable enough or whatever) it was trashed.
>>
>>19152677
>>19152603
>>19152645
>>
File: Always_d30dab_6290170.jpg (86KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
Always_d30dab_6290170.jpg
86KB, 600x856px
>>19151431
The "Sovereign Citizens" movement is largely based on the conspiracy theory that when a person is born the government sells their future earnings to foreign investors. A person can then access this money by denouncing their citizenship to the country, or they can sell their birth certificate to remove debt. It's surprising how many people are starting to believe this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2x746Bo-o
>>
>>19152694
Tbf it is true that govt uses you as collateral to finance debt.
>>
>>19152677
I had Lyme disease but it is easily cured with a course of clyndamicine, a harsh antibiotic. The only thing that really sucked was getting a lumbar spinal tap to see if the infection was cleared from my spinal fluid.
>>
>>19152694
this thumb nail looks flat to me
>>
>>19151431
how is eating healthy a conspiracy?
>>
File: 1481781614316.jpg (221KB, 889x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1481781614316.jpg
221KB, 889x1332px
>>19152694
A piece of paper can't sue a person, it has to sue another bit of paper. FULL NAME ALL CAPS
>>
File: Kali.jpg (34KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Kali.jpg
34KB, 615x409px
>>19151431
All the anti-depression pills and shit like that get into the water supply. Recycled water is laced with all the drugs that other people piss out because they can't filter that out. The government is putting the hormones in we are. Same with Cows milk and shit. Everything we take ends up in the water supply
>>
>>19152667
Probably fake noose.
>>
>>19152677
Are you autistic? Vaccines only work for viruses, numbnuts.
>>
The idea that the media lies all the time. Shame people who say it don't ACTUALLY believe it, when it comes down to it.
>I never trust the media brah, but Trump is in cahoots with Russian spies, the media said so
>>
>>19154495
"Although most attenuated vaccines are viral, some are bacterial in nature. Examples include the viral diseases yellow fever, measles, rubella, and mumps, and the bacterial disease typhoid."
Faggot.
>>
>>19154297
No trick spelling
>>
>>19154520
I'm so fucking furious that I can no longer say the media is full of shit without people writing me off as a Trump fan.
>>
>>19151431
>>19154458

Our water is full of hormones and hormone-mimicking compounds. The conspiracy theory is believing it's being done deliberately, but in reality it's mostly accidental.
>>
File: vvp.jpg (11KB, 435x245px) Image search: [Google]
vvp.jpg
11KB, 435x245px
Vladimir Putin is a time traveler
>>
>>19153611
>reading comprehension
>>
>>19151431
>belief that hormones are being put into the water supply
they are, people on hormone based meds like for menopause and birth control pee out the excess hormone. i don't think they have to add any more than that combined with the chemicals leeching into ground water from pollution and dumps.
>>
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.