[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does spelling magic with a k at the end up its spoopy cool factor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: b1c.jpg (38KB, 440x686px) Image search: [Google]
b1c.jpg
38KB, 440x686px
So does spelling magic with a k at the end up its spoopy cool factor?
>>
>>19148853
Yes.
>>
Add +10 to spook yes
>>
>>19148853
I spell it majique
>>
It's not about spoop factor, it's about specifying real magick vs stage magic. It's also about numerical meaning. adding the K takes a 5 letter word (5 representing the pentagram) and makes it a 6 lettter word (representing the hexagram) by adding the 11th letter in the alphabet (11 representing the union of the microcosm with the macrocosm, the pentagram [5] and the hexagram [6], aka the all)

Or that's what I got from a google search, it's amazing what the internet can do
>>
Magick aint real stop burbling and go back to your dark matter books Mr. Hogwards
>>
>>19148853
Google both and see the difference.

Magic is about tricks like shuffle cards.
Magik is about how to mentally manipulate others.

Magic is written like a phone number where '3' means '3' (normal language)
Magik is written for and by witches where 'fire' means 'full of energy' (esoteric language)

Magic is pulling a rabbit out of your head (better known as illusion)
Magik is ripping your heart out
(sweet old Witchcraft)

Magic is called a meme, but is actually the art of entertainment.
Magik is labeled a meme because it is the Art of Knowledge.

Magic you find in talentshows on TV.
Magik gets you lost a the trance in front of your TV

Magic is playing piano on your first date.
Magik in casting a spell and make her your slave.
>>
>>19150603
So which one lets you spec into frost mage?
>>
>>19148898
sounds gay
>>
>>19151085
So do you
>>
happy lgbt pride month!
>>
>>19148853

No, but it does add a caster level bonus on cringe checks.
>>
>>19150614
oh that would be majik its extra cool though and youve probably never heard of it so yaaaa
>>
>>19148853
Pretty much.

>>19150603
There are already terms to differentiate between the two, though. Illusion, sleight-of-hand, trick, stage magic.

If you say "magic" out loud nobody's going to know you have a fancy goddamn K, so it's fucking pointless.

What's even more awkward is, "magic" and "magick" can both be used to describe fictional forms of magic that have no bearing upon religious or illusionary real-life crafts.

It all sort of falls apart, when you really get down to it. Ultimately, the people who say "magick" are just as much showmen as the stage magicians they so eagerly denounce.
>>
>>19151192
It's majique, fegit
>>
>>19151220
y-you are t-the one written in the prophecy
teach me master
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.