[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3239.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3239.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I'm normally a /sci/fag, but I've been noticing an unbelievable trend in human history and development and it's something that anybody in /sci/ would get shunned and treated like a flat-earther for. They can tend to be like the Catholic Church that once opposed science itself when it comes to new ideas. So I'm here to try to build up my theory and hear what /x/ thinks regarding the subject.

So, Giants. Stories of Giants are prominent in almost every culture, whether that's the Old Testament talking about Goliath, the Quran talking about demons seeding humans to create massive abominations of humans, feudal Japanese legends and even 20th Century Japan celebrating its supposed history of Giants, the Scottish legends about giant trolls, to the Gigantes of both Greek and Roman mythology (mind they were called something else in Roman Mythos, although I initially forget). People believe in things for a reason. Those here that participate in Divination General for example believe in it because they believe they can see the effects. People believe in religion due to both available ancient texts and due to logical reasoning that points out the existence of their god(s). Why would people believe in Giants? Why would Giants be so common in all cultures of the world? Because, perhaps they were once real.

But maybe stories aren't the right logical foundation, because after all, they're just stories. So what about the 120 cm (~50") human femur? Or the North African dig sites? There's also the classic History channel shows that try to prove that Giants once walked the Earth, and despite not being publically recongized, they usually find legitimate evidence that is quite convincing.
If there is logical and physical evidence, why isn't it being looked into and tweaked into our history? As previously stated, I'm not your normal tin-foil hatter; I'm a guy with interests in biology and astrophysics. But I am beginning to legitimately believe that Giants were once real.
>>
File: IMG_3196.gif (163KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3196.gif
163KB, 500x281px
tl;dr Giants are common in all cultures, there's physical evidence for them, I think they're real. Why aren't people looking into this, why does no one know?
>>
YOU'RE A BIG GUY
>>
I'm not very good at time periods but I hope you get where I'm coming from.

But when he had more oxygen in the atmosphere during like the jurassic periods and shit, there were huge ass bugs??

So there's a chance there could have been a point where we still had a lot of oxygen as mammals developed, making human ancestors considerably bigger and potentially leaving evidence? Just a thought.
>>
>>19147220
https://youtu.be/Lbj_Aqlp6cE?t=47s
Nephilim
>>
The physical evidence is all faked.

I don't mean that in a "Bah! That couldn't possibly be true!" way, I mean that the femur you are talking about is a sculpture based on reports that were never confirmed by anyone. Every instance I know of a dig discovering a giant is an obvious fake or a 100 year old legend with no surviving evidence.
>>
>>19147220
My question is, could a Giant have a baby with a normal person.

Or would a Male Giant kill a normal human woman.
>>
>>19147238
This makes sense in terms of a cause for gigantism, but a counter-argument is the fact that historically, humans were actually overall shorter in periods where oxygen was more available. Mind those two things are not linked at all.

I think you're on the right track though, just not hitting the nail on the head. You gave me an idea though. Maybe it's not necessarily that extra oxygen lead to the development of these Giants, but perhaps helped support humans enduring the genetic disorders that would cause such gigantism. People born with gigantism today are usually very frail and weak, and overall don't last very long (usually not even surviving outside of the womb at all). Maybe it wasn't oxygen, since the oxygen level has been generally the same all of human history despite the recent introduction of pollution, but I think you're definitely getting closer there. Some other phenomena maybe made it so they can't survive as much anymore or something was in the air or food or overall environment back then that although didn't promote growth, maybe allowed the survival of those who would suffer from such growth.
>>
>>19147246
I've seen this as well too. Using snopes on literally anything giant related rings up a "FALSE" on the first result, and most articles for evidence are mainly in debunking the evidence rather than promoting it. Still, there's stuff I've seen out there that has been downright convincing, though I'd need help in looking for it.
>>
>>19147266

I doubt we'll ever know without having actually looked into the science of it. But the point you're making about survival of genetic disorder makes sense and these theories are a step forward. This kind of thing can definitely come down to science if you think about it, so it's probable.
>>
>>19147289
What I really need is solid evidence, something out there that says, "Uh yeah we found some Giants dude." Then I could try to look at datings of records and looking at various trends that fit the records. I.e. Your previous theory: Oxygen level changes or introduction of pollution over time vs records of Giants. Then I could look at what supported gigantism of this kind, try to see if I can pinpoint a gene, and look at a coincidental modern example and use "tests" (study by-product of previously recorded data like heights and weights of patients for something unrelated) to see exactly what caused it. Then I can see if that supposed cause is evident in previous cases and build up from there.
>>
>>19147247
>In Jubilee's it talks about giants having sex with women. And animals... Its where the Egyptians gods came from.
>In Norse mythology the woman usually died. The child lived though.
>in native mythology they had kids and the woman survived. They were cannibals though.
>>
>>19147220
Look up the Nephilim

Demon/human offspring that are thought by some to be the reason for the Great Flood in the time of Noah
>>
>>19147220
We are animals who evolved to fear larger creatures such as mammoths,bears, tigers etc.
Giants are part of our desire as a species to overcome our limitations because in nature, size is often associated with more power.
And we humans are known for our desire to control nature
>>
>>19148315
>by some[who?]
>>
>>19147226
4U
>>
File: 1485513327010.gif (1MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485513327010.gif
1MB, 298x224px
>>
>>19150045
Book of Enoch
>>
>>19147220
>So, Giants. Stories of Giants are prominent in almost every culture, whether that's the Old Testament talking about Goliath

Goliath was in all likelihood just a big guy. The giants of the Old Testament are typically held to be the Nephilim
>>
>>19147220
Giants kind of do exist (human skeletons 8-11 feet tall have been discovered), it would moreso be anything bigger, or a full on race if giants, that could be more controversial, but considering Pygmies are a thing I dont see it being impossible.
>>
>>19147220
hint
>higher the consciousness of people higher they are as humans generally
>look 100-150years ago people have bean shorter

in past time of Atlantis and after for long time
>humans have bean higher then we are now, they had higher consciousness
>>
Northern white men are giants compared to subhumans. And now you know the true history of world.
>>
>>19147220
I think it might just be prevalent in a lot of cultures because it's such an easy idea to think of. Lot's of cultures have myths, and what is easier to think up, and scary as well, than humans... but bigger!!
It's just the kind of idea that will naturally come to anyone who plays around with the ideas of what monsters could be long enough.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.