[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to find faith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1464269894952.png (231KB, 680x534px) Image search: [Google]
1464269894952.png
231KB, 680x534px
I am not religious or particularly spiritual in any real way, and I don't really know where else to ask.

I hear people that find a lot of comfort in faith and was wondering if there are any books/works that can point me in the right direction. I live in an area full of atheists who love to tell people who god doesn't exist and so on, and while I don't care what they do or don't believe I'd like to hear if there's a way to actually get BACK into faith from the standpoint of a cynic.
>>
File: 1484394918452.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484394918452.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>19146698

pray to jesus christ the son of god and ask him to come into your life

he will answer your prayer he is awating your call

For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on Him, or, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
>>
>>19146698
Study spiritualism. See if you can become a medium. I've heard tell that you don't have to believe specific things will work for you, only that they might possibly work for someone, and then that is room enough for the spirits to start working through you. To the extent that specific belief helps, it builds nicely once you've got personal experiences to be believing in.
>>
>>19146698
I've been an agnostic skeptic shaman for about ten years. Never found enough faith in anything to start believing, and I have seen "spirits".
>>
>>19146698
>I'd like to hear if there's a way to actually get BACK into faith from the standpoint of a cynic

There are a few ways. One of the most reliable is to hit yourself repeatedly in the head with a blunt object. Before you know it, you will have achieved the mental status that is conducive to a life of faith.
>>
>>19146698
Sorcery by Hurley is a pretty good read and approaches the supernatural from a scientific viewpoint

Don't listen to the christcucks
>>
>>19146698
I can only say start with the Bible and good luck, it is not such a fine line to walk to get into the kingdom of heaven.

The commandments are easy to follow because man's law runs parallel to them. The hard part is accepting Jesus as your lord and savior, and that is a task that even devout Christians wrestle with everyday. Problem is you will likely never see a shred of evidence of him nor hear him personally in your prayers.

I believe because I have had some lucky breaks that has spared me and my career, perhaps you could chalk it up to simple luck, but it is nice to feel that someone is looking out for you.
>>
>>19146872
Also here is a list of atiests that converted to some of the main faiths, maybe it will help to read on their thoughts and why they converted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_atheists_and_agnostics#Atheists_who_converted_to_Christianity
>>
>>19146817
>trying to explain the non-material, immeasurable, supernatural with material, natural measurements

What's next? Measuring God?
>>
the universe will guide you to where you need to go
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.