[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good horror movies based on a true story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1884x1060px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1884x1060px
There is nothing better than a movie that is based on real and true events. Are there any better one that I should watch?
>>
>>19146398
no good horror movies are based on a true story,id suggest mockumentaries like "The Fourth Kind"
>>
>>19146398
horror movies based on true events take "family thought their house was haunted" and turns it into The Conjuring

most of it is cinematic bullshit

just like American Sniper
>>
>>19146398
"Based on a true story" is a Hollywood euphemism. They took a story someone claimed was true, they did nothing to check whether it was, and then they fictionalized the fuck out of it.

You get things like The Amityville Horror and The Haunting in Connecticut. Compare the movies to documentaries on the same events, they might as well not be considered the same stories.

It's no mystery why this happens. The actual story isn't sensational enough. You can go on YouTube and find readings off Reddit, nearly all of them are lame. Nearly got raped, escaped. Had a stalker, they eventually arrested him. Had an accident, almost died. Even if you add supernatural elements, they lived to tell of it.
>>
>>19147055
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGaZcgnovg

Haunting in Connecticut, Skinwalker Ranch, Mothman Prophecies... probably the best paranormal cases out there. All dicked up by Hollywood.
>>
>>19147597
the fuck.....is there any actual story behind this video/channel?
>>
>>19146398
The Girl Next Door is based on a book which was based on a true story. It changed some things a bit, but not in a hollywoodly dramatized way. There's nothing paranormal about it; which makes it all the more terrifying.
>>
>>19146398
Wolf Creek is pretty good. There are a lot of real elements in that movie. I also like the zodiac, (most ppl wouldnt consider it a horror movie tho) the original texas chainsaw massacre, and the movie ed gein are all good.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.