[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otherworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 30476153612_7dfbaa23e1_b.jpg (204KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
30476153612_7dfbaa23e1_b.jpg
204KB, 1024x683px
Let's talk about the Otherworld, /x/; the place you supposedly end up when playing the elevator game, and where the spooks in some of the other weird rituals such as the Midnight Man possibly originate.

What's over there, exactly? There doesn't seem to be much of a mythos surrounding it. Alleged practicers of the Elevator Game have claims ranging it being a lonely world you can't spend much time in before passing out, others allege that spooky shit happens there.

What's its deal?
>>
>>19146303
Are you looking to make some kind of deal, or some thing?
>>
>>19146303
What's the elevator game? Never heard of that.
>>
>>19146303
Ah, the elevator game. If I had access to an elevator in the middle of the night, I'd like to actually try it. The ritual as I found it described didn't mention that it had to be at any particular hour, but it did say that only one other person was supposed to get onto the elevator, and only at one specific time. Attempting the ritual in the middle of the day seems very unlikely to work for very mundane reasons.

I want to know if the otherworld visited through that "game" (if it's real, alas) is one of the places I have glimpsed when focusing too much of my mental energies into mathematics.
>>
>>19146303
I've seen continents of death and decay where a slow harsh wind echoes through husks of souls. Swamps of eldritch abomination coagulating gluttonously on the carcasses of gods.
>>
>>19146378
No, I'm just curious about it. There aren't many descriptions on what it is and what the things that inhabit it are.

>>19146391
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theghostinmymachine.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/the-most-dangerous-games-elevator-to-another-world/amp/

>>19146399
Yeah, what little information about it is interesting, even if it isn't real. I'd like to test it, but there aren't any buildings tall enough anywhere near me.
>>
>>19146413
"Concerning the Woman on the Fifth Floor:

Do NOTspeak to her.

Do NOTlook at her.

If you do, she may decide to keep you for her own."

What the hell does that mean? Spook factor 11/10
>>
>>19146406
I haven't done the game per se but... I think I gotta share this.
>Some years ago I dreamt of getting into a deserted elevator, pressed the button to floor 8 but went all the way to infinity.
>Wtf.raw, right?
>When the door opened I saw some kind of control room, but sadly I woke up before I could get off the elevator
>>
>>19146424
Some accounts I've read claim that she'll haunt your dreams and generally torture your psyche.
>>
Oh hell no
>>
Also, the Elisa Lam story. Super creepy. I wonder if this had to do with the elevator game at all.>>19146454
Well that sounds fun...
>>
I've had dreams like this that were entirely lucid. Walked out of the building and the sky was covered over in clouds, heavy mists in the air. The whole thing was uncanny. People in the dream were aware of me and the entire thing was completely solid, nothing changed around like in a regular dream. Someone noticed me, like some sort of warden, and banished me with a chant.
>>
>>19146491
I don't think so. There's a lot more suggestions in favor of her either losing her lucidity from being either off her meds or drugged than anything to do with the Elevator Game.

>>19146406
>>19146503
Go on.
>>
I hold to the Celtic traditions of the Otherworld.

A land of the dead and of spirits.

It can be opened, shut, entered, and sometimes exited, but none of the above are good choices unless you have to.

Simply put, it's not a place for us to actually -go-, and neither do we generally want the things that come -out- of it. Many of the spirits are good, and there are a few Celtic signs relating to the dead that beckon their protection and ancestral wisdom.

However, the exception doesn't justify breaking the rule.

This elevator game, in my opinion, has absolutely nothing to do with the real version of the Otherworld. It's also done with the intent to hallucinate or travel worlds, so naturally, anything strange that happens afterwards you will immediately slap REEEE OTHERWORLD onto. You expect it, so you look for it.

It's not quite that easy.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, druid popping out.
>>
What's up I'm also a believer in the Celtic otherwold. A lot of people will try to make it out as a scary thing but if you read the stories of Celtic belief linking to Avalon and Cornish/Welsh belief also, things tend to seem a lot less spooky. It's not heaven, not hell, just a place for spirits and where rebirth contines after in its own way.
>>
>>19147188
Dubs agree with you.

Yeah, there's definitely multiple interpretations, but generally, the Otherworld isn't some big horror show. It's exactly the name. It's anOtherworld.

And as standard, the Otherworld should stay where they're comfortable, and we should stay where we're comfortable.
>>
I agree yeah, we probably shouldn't be attempting to move between these world's because who knows what will happen, shit like the fae lmao.
>>
It's midnight here and my mom is watching soap next room, no spooky midnight man sorry.

But dont mess with the otherworld you idiots, I told you.
>>
Woah I know a place that might be an entrance, but no elevator, it is in the wild
>>
>>19147241
well now you have to post it
>>
File: black_lodge.jpg (80KB, 634x473px) Image search: [Google]
black_lodge.jpg
80KB, 634x473px
>>19147431
?
>>
>>19146843
503 here, 406 isn't spinning anything that sounds out of line with what I've seen.

>People exist and they are aware, spiritually, in ways that would be considered psychic.
>Society is around as advanced as us that I could see.
>The sky is always overcast. It is not dark, though.
>Completely foreign wildlife
>Creatures similar to the netch in Morrowind float above bodies of water -- from what I could gather from this small museum
>Creatures that operate like Venus fly traps that look like crab shells with mouths on the coast
>Aquarium in one of the buildings. Clustering serpentine creatures that have bodies that burrow partially into the sand. Rear portion resembles flower/ coral polyp, other is like a centipede with a bee's head. Ambush predators. Intelligent. Blatantly intelligent.
>Far lower amounts of development, but can't say for sure if I've been near major city.
>>
File: 1485068994365.jpg (305KB, 600x735px) Image search: [Google]
1485068994365.jpg
305KB, 600x735px
>>19146413
>The Most Dangerous Games
Has anyone ever attempted these? They sound cool but I have a hunch they're just urban legends.
>>
File: Eye.png (156KB, 463x689px) Image search: [Google]
Eye.png
156KB, 463x689px
>>19147793
I'm sure they're just creepypasta fodder, but I'm also a massive coward that doesn't like testing fate.
>>
Ok so its basically like this world...but not really. Don't even bother trying it because its not even worth it.
>>
>>19148731
In relation to the elevator game. The "otherworld" is just "another dimension" . Otherworld gets slapped onto everything spooky and its irritating.
>>
>>19146843

What if she inadvertently triggered an unknown ritual? Drugs and all.
>>
>>19146303
its just like this place. except rich people for generations have been watching lucifer in human form. at first every one just got rumors. back in the 70s they had discovered a few objects that allow people a glimpse of a man who says funny things

it wasnt until later in the 70s they realized he wasnt a man. they caught glimpses of him doing things a man cant do

but these things cant be kept secret forever. eventually every one found out. they think they have kept the secret from him. that he doesnt know they know

he has inspired various technological and artistic moments in modern history thanks to their eves dropping through the objects. a couple of people didnt need objects and they tend to be credited with the work though there are stories from close friends or family that they had visions of "him"
>>
>>19146406
Cringed
>>
>>19147793
Some of them are psychological experiments that can fuck you up with autohypnosis.
>>
My friend did the elevator game and it didn't work. He filmed it and put it up on YouTube and larped as a friend telling people in the comments he commited suicide after the whole thing. This game isn't real.
>>
>>19148710
I'm really interested in some of these but I don't want to bother with them if they're just internet pastas
>>
>>19146424
It's just ominous warning shit. It's that Holders nonsense again.
>>
>>19146503
Once upon a time someone put a wall between humans and the other world

many a time your dream is just figments of your brain and subconcious, illusions of the mind

but every so often you will break out of the walls setup around your mind into another realm, this is always marked with lucidity (why most people wake up when they become lucid, another wall)

there are infinit places to go some are close and easy to get to, some far and next to impossible to reach
but to see what these worlds actually look like you have to either be a sage or on drugs
for the overwhelming majority of people their mind will basically create an illusion when they reach another world turn what is around them into something their mind can comprehend something.... normal.... physical
it takes all those impression bombarding your, well i want to say senses but they are based in the physical world and it turns them into the closest analogy your mind can conjure
you knew the entity which banished you was a guardian, how did you know that? the way it looked? the way it stood? no you just knew
so many times when we dream we just know what things are and what they mean, we dont know how or why.... we just know
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.