[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/herm/etism thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: woke.png (633KB, 550x432px) Image search: [Google]
woke.png
633KB, 550x432px
Hi /x/ just finished reading the Kybalion, what other books do you recommend regarding hermetic lore? also I have some questions
1. when he says that elementals exist on the mental plane does that mean in you imagination? is the mental just your own/collective imagination? what's different from the spirit realm?
2.he says that if you vibrate an object fast enough you can make it go into the mental realm. could you theoretically move that obeject , like a tought, to a new position in space and then lower it's vibrations making it appear there?
3. has anyone had advanced results with hermetism? like being able to use telekinesis?
>>
>>19140554

Kybalion is not hermeticism, it is "New Thought" with a thin paint job. If you want hermeticism, go read Corpus Hermeticum.
>>
>>19140554
fuck you and your kybalion, pleb
>>
>>19140554
Look into Franz Bardon.
>>
>>19140554
>Kybalion
Read the Corpus Hermeticum then hop over to Bardon
>>
>>19140569
>Kybalion is not hermeticism
Here, lemme actually illustrate.
>>19140554
>when he says that elementals exist on the mental plane does that mean in you imagination?
Old Greek sources expound, at length, the physis and materiality of the elements.

Most later Hermetics had a three tier system of Mind, Spirit, and Soul, with Spirit being an animating force and Soul being the underlying spiritual reality.

>he says that if you vibrate an object fast enough you can make it go into the mental realm.
I don't recall any primary Hermetic source speaking on Vibration.

>>19140994
Bardon is neither initiatory nor hermetic.
Read CH, also Chaldean Oracles, plus a few others in the tradition.
>>
>>19141039
> And finally, even the corpuscles disappear and the object may be said to be composed of The Ethereal Substance. Science does not dare to follow the illustration further, but the
Hermetists teach that if the vibrations be continually increased the object would mount up
the successive states of manifestation and would in turn manifest the various mental stages,and then on Spiritward, until it would finally re-enter THE ALL, which is Absolute Spirit.
page 37 chapter IX Vibration
>>
>>19141491
>Hermetists teach that if the vibrations be continually increased the object would
Which Hermetic source says this?

>Vibration
Yes, we've established that Kybalion talks about vibration. Now show me the Hermetic source texts that do.
>>
>>19141491

>PRIMARY Hermetic source
>>
File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
when I tought I found something intelligent and kewl it turns out no to be
feels bad man :(
>>
>>19141684
Kybalion's not a bad book, and it has been a lot of peoples' intro to occultism. It's just not all it claims to be, and therefore should not be confused with Hermeticism. Hell, I believe Ape himself even said it was one of the earlier books he read that helped direct the trajectory of his occult pursuits. Correct me if i'm wrong, Ape.
>>
>>19141698
Sure wasn't, though I know a lot of folks who DID get into more serious things from Kybalion.

Hell, some of the conjectures aren't even wrong, it's simply that it nor Bardon should not be conflated with the traditional Hermetic system(s).
>>
>>19141707
Oh? My bad. I though you said in a thread about a week ago that you read it when you were a young'n' or that it was one of the first "occult" texts you read. Then again, I've only started improving my memory fairly recently.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.