[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Year Walking / Arsgang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: varg_vikernes_story.jpg (15KB, 175x251px) Image search: [Google]
varg_vikernes_story.jpg
15KB, 175x251px
Has anyone here done a Year Walk or practiced Arsgang? Anyone have any more information on it?
>>
>>19133678
Found this on a site, along with some spooks you're suppose to run into that night, during your travels.
>Once somebody had Year Walked for seven years in a row, they would see a mounted man with a runkavle in his mouth. If the walker was brave or strong enough to grab the runkavle, they would become wise, and would then gain all knowledge of hidden things and be able to see into the future, with out having to Year Walk ever again.
>>
>>19133739
Thats pretty spooky m8. Think youre you allowed to browse 4chan on the night of?
>>
>>19133774
Sorry, forgot I was even in here.
The rules only say you need to lock yourself in a room for 24 hours with no food/drink, to start it off.
I've only read a little bit so far, but there seems to be a game based on it. Or the other way around.
>24 hrs
>no food/drink
>walk to local church, back and forth, three times
>during that time, spooks show up and try to ruin it for you. 5, to be specific.
>see stuff about the year ahead
Very vague set of guide lines.
>>
>>19133739
What is a runkavle?

>>19133876
How do the spooks try to ruin it?
>>
I've done it. It's basically ritualized necromancy for Christians.

The 24 hours beforehand condition you to be open to spirit communication. Walking counterclockwise around the Church there times temporarily renounces your Christianity so you are free from the laws against necromancy. Along with that, you also temporarily sacrifice the protection of Christianity and everything that cones with it, which means there is nothing to protect you from the spirits.

Blowing the "Lockbreaker" through the keyhole of the church allows the spirits out and begins the walk. Along the way to the cemetary, spirits attempt to kill you, I have it understood. However, I haven't been Christian for 20 years and have lived most of my life without the protection or rules of Christianity, so they didn't really mess with me too much.

>>19133991
The runkvale is a tyne carried by the horseman. If you steal it from him, you get the advantages of the year walk without having to do it anymore.
>>
>>19134039
>tyne
I don't know what that is either, please explain this Swedish technology to a dumb American
>>
>>19134055
A stick or board with runes, basically
>>
>>19134039

wait, so you did it? What happened?
>>
>>19134246
>wait, so you did it?
I literally started my post by saying I have.

>What happened?
Necromancy. The only slightly creepy things I encountered were footsteps behind me while I was walking and a loud groan noise when I blew through the keyhole. When I stepped into the cemetary, the lights turned off, then back on as soon as I hailed the guardian. After that, it was straightforward necromancy.

Aside from the part about the lights, it was kind of boring, but I'd imagine it must be invigorating for a Christian since your life is in danger.
>>
>>19134264

so what are your future-seeing capabilities like now
>>
>>19134330
I was already a skilled diviner before and had already practiced necromancy before. I did it mostly to say I had and because my NYE plans fell through.
>>
>>19134433

Have you heard the dates 7/7/17, 8/21/17. and 9/23/17 as being ones of significance?

If so, or if not, what is your perspective on them and the events that are supposed to occur?
>>
>>19134264
>I'd imagine it must be invigorating for a Christian since your life is in danger.
I'm Jewish though. Would my life be in danger too?
Also, do I get to keep the runkvale? Can others use it with my permission?
Does it lose any of its properties if I rent or sell it?
>>
>>19134468
I only asked questions for my own benefit.
"He who would move the world must first move himself"

That being said, I don't pay much mind to "significant dates" in the /x/ sense. The ones I've seen come and pass seem to have been without incident.
>>
>>19134512
>jewish
>rent or sell it

please nobody tell /pol/ hahaha oh my fucking
>>
>>19134512
lol
>>19134264
What is your definition of necromancy, if I may ask?
>>
>>19134740
Talking to the dead for the purpose of divination

>>19134512
>I'm Jewish though. Would my life be in danger too?
I don't know, I went into it fully expecting my life to be in danger. I didn't realize until later that the reason they didn't mess with me much is because I'm a polytheist and occultist.

Are you saying that Christians have more courage than Jews?

>>19134583
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, and now my sides have been spirited away.
>>
>>19134755
If you have any other important information for someone looking to do it (a Catholic), I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>19134755
Did the visions of the future you saw come true?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.