[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I defeat my solipsism? I look at other people and can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1477302398130.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1477302398130.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
How do I defeat my solipsism? I look at other people and can't help but feel I am more sentient.

>Solipsism from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.
>>
>>19130326
Solipsism is a philosophical concept , what you are experiencing when you can't relate to the sentience of others is called egocentrism. Some people can't grow out of that and are just stubborn boors
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion_of_asymmetric_insight
>>
>>19130326
You need to overcome the illusion of self. You are no different than others in fact we are all part of the same One substance some call it universe some call it God
>>
>>19130335
I'm boorn to be like this XD
>>
>>19130763
don't listen to this dickhead. test the boundaries of your own experience. try and see things from others point of view.
>>
>>19130771
this.
>>
Start telling people these ideas in real life instead of getting yourself locked away in your own mind.
Faggot,
>>
>>19130830
Look at rudy two shoes over here
>>
Wittgenstein btfo solipsism iirc
>>
>>19130763
This is probably just what OP needed to hear.
>>
Trip on mushrooms together with other people. You'll feel immensely connected.
>>
if you were really a solipsist you wouldnt be asking this question
>>
Why defeat it? I believe we all live in our own private dream that is reality. Try and see if you can manipulate other people's will and bend reality, and prove solipsism to yourself. That's the only way you will know if it's true, if your mind were the only thing to exist, wouldn't you be able to do what you want with it akin to a dream?
>>19131085
Also this, you aren't really a soliplist if you're asking this, so go and prove it to yourself. If you don't think I'm real which I won't judge you for thinking, you could at least take a words as a message from yourself, considering I'm a part of your mind too. What is reality but a mirror of yourself?
>>
>>19130769
Yes there is such a thing as biological determinism , and the meme that "everyone can change" is just a post modernist lie.
>>
>>19130326
Yes, please do quash those horrible thoughts.
>beep
>borp
>I am definitely not a robot
>boop
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.