[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything can happen at this point so fuck it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: break_free.jpg (256KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
break_free.jpg
256KB, 800x670px
What kind of X related happening would everyone like to see? So far everything has been kinda the norm as of late. Humans destroying the planet. Politicians being corrupt. World war 3 on the horizon. Blah, blah, blah. Ugh...

What major 'X" type of event does everyone want to see unfold? Or rather, what would catch you off guard? Also fuck humanity as a whole.
>>
>>19130243
What would catch everyone offguard? Things actually getting significantly better for the common man, basically becoming legitimately utopian. That seems like the most paranormal and unexpected outcome.
>>
Aliens being announced in theory would be nice. At least if we got to be like Star Trek and peace and stuff happens.

An afterlife confirmation would technically maybe more useful, since eternity would be longer than even the longest of lifespan.

But I doubt that even if either are anounced or real, it wouldn't change our lives much. I think "the man" or whoever rules us would not allow us to improve to beyond the need of finite resources and needing to work for materialistic stuff.
>>
>>19130255

From a technological standpoint? Yeah, it's a living fantasy. Every other day it just kinda hits me that we're living in the actual future. Even more so come the next 20-30 years or so.

But as long as the world is ruled by greed , money, power, ect. Then I don't see how you can call it utopian. I mean sure, there's a lot to be enoyed now and in the near future. But nothing that is truly beneficial to man kind as a whole.

We have countless distractions and entertainment. But the things that truly benefits man kind as a whole are few and far between. Simple because, to the people in control/power, it's not profitable.
>>
>>19130255
>>19130293

Shit, misread your post. Yeah lol I agree. I wouldn't honestly see that coming at all.
>>
>>19130266
>afterlife = eternity

How do you figure?
>>
>>19130304
I guess that is true. Afterlife doesn't mean eternity. A lot of religions say this though.

I would think eternity would get pretty boring after a while though. Unless there is such thing as infinite knowledge or entertainment.

Gods life forever (supposedly), and so do angles (again supposedly, based off your beliefs really), so I make the connection that your soul or afterlife is "forever".
>>
it's not a worldwide event, but I'd like to have some past life memories that can actually be verified, and that can't be attributed to something else.

wouldn't mind seeing a ghost too, as long as it's somewhere besides my house/yard.
>>
>>19130330
Maybe our idea of "Afterlife" is too simplistic

>start with step 1
>Here on earth is the "real" or "living" realm
>When we die we go to step 2
>we are no longer "real flesh" but spiritual or "ghostly
> spirits and ghosts tend to keep in contact with 'earth realm' as if it is somehow central or primary to all of existence
>you stay in step 2 forever

Above I describe how most people have come to view life and afterlife, but I think it's an extremely dull and narrow way to think about it.

But what if this life isn't a beginning, nor a baseline, nor even important. What if life as we know it is just one page in a massive book of realities. What if when we move on, we become another life form in a different universe entirely? What if we slowly advanced through different stages until we became gods?

Something along those lines is what I like to believe. Although honestly it's more likely that our consciousness simply ceases to exist.
>>
>>19130390
Sorry about my awful punctuation in that post.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.