[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dissassociation from the self caused by marijuana use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1494326046228.jpg (253KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494326046228.jpg
253KB, 1000x1000px
Hey all. Just wanted to drop by the homeboys at /x/ and see what's going on.

Recently I've reached an interesting state of human existence. Used to smoke a lot of dope, and I'd often get that feeling of rumination in those moments where you're just super baked and seem to be viewing the world through the motions-you know what I'm talking about. Those moments usually happened then and there- when I was baked or moderately buzzed.

As of late however, especially after delving into Buddhist and Taoist philosophies as well as other esoteric belief systems such as Hermeticism and the law of attraction, I now get that when I'm sober as well. I suppose my "idea" of sobriety has changed. Feels like I can't unsee that feeling- the illusion of the self that is often brought to the forefront when you're baked.

At one hand this is good, because I no longer have a fear about things. I no longer fear getting into a fight, or being on the spotlight-because I see it for what it is, temporary moments of existence which come and go, and should be treated as such. On another hand I think it's strange because while I have been filling myself with intellectual knowledge, my actual meditation practice is still getting to the point where I want it to be. Had figured this would be something I would gain really late into my spiritual practice, and I'm gaining it now, so I am happy in that regard.

What do you all think in regards to this? Ever had experiences like this? Is this fruitful? Where is the line between progress and delusion drawn?
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
thc accumulates in brain cells and other organs of the body, its metabolites exerting a chronic, constant effect on many systems of the body. you may just be full of as much thc grunge as your pipe. i was like, dude! socrates! you're not sober a few hours after a high.
>>
Mizar, your words are substantial. Good to know you're still alive.
>>
>>19130001
I can totally relate to this, I feel it constantly. I've been an everyday smoker for about three years now
>>
>>19130019
Interesting. How long does that las

>>19130031
I'm sure I was called Mizar at one point... If anything, he was I and I was He; could be said about everybody could it not? So it is said to be shown in the moment of Nibbana, the true release.
>>
>>19130067
I did not know that you knew my brother. I remember Mizar and the things they gave me.
>>
>>19130001
It's called depersonalization disorder which is merely triggered by marijuana.

You do not want it. It took 2 years of my life until I recovered. I still smoke weed from time to time without getting dissociated again, but nothing will ever be the same again.
>>
File: 1477327531361.jpg (101KB, 524x594px) Image search: [Google]
1477327531361.jpg
101KB, 524x594px
>>19130001

Looking at it from an entirely scientific materialistic view point, and leaving out, completely, the plantoic and hermetic implications of marijuana use and it's long history of being considered a "divine" plant; studies suggest that the herb affects the corpus callosum of the brain degrading the signals between the two hermi-spheres of the brain.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S105381190800219X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.