[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is classified as "New Age" and why is it bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 12

File: 1492210507088.jpg (102KB, 854x687px) Image search: [Google]
1492210507088.jpg
102KB, 854x687px
What is classified as "New Age" and why is it bad?
>>
>>19126184

It's difficult to say, but the worst thing it does is senseless exploitation of other culture, look up the rainbow gatherings and plastic shamans.
>>
>>19126184
>soon, cosmic events will force your life to improve drastically without any effort on your part
>>
>>19126213
>>19126892
This. The "New Age" phenomenon is syncretic to a point where everything loses its substance.
>>
>>19126184
>a broad movement characterized by alternative approaches to traditional Western culture, with an interest in spirituality, mysticism, holism, and environmentalism.
>>
>>19128057
Also, not all New Age stuff is "bad." But a lot of it is watered down, or misinterpretations of older traditions, etc. Then some people don't like it because
>muh appropriation wahh
But I don't think appropriation is really even a thing, because it's so universal as to be undefinable.
>>
>>19126940
what if I'm eurasian and a buddhist christian?
>>
>>19126184
It's not bad, it's really good for the world.
People don't understand the actual mission because muh old religions
>>
It's funny because the real truth is more akin to New Age and was split up into the religions you see now
>>
>>19126184
usually esoteric spiritualism from the late 20th century for the most part

its bad because its so eclectic and often has no real base in anything, often just things thrown together for the show of it than any real effectiveness or tradition
>>
>>19126213
Sounds like some SJW shit to me. I see no harm in harvesting good ideas from other cultures if they bring me closer to where I need to be.
>But you can't do that thing. Only brown people get to do that thing.
Meanwhile, they speak English, wear our clothes, and make use of our systems of government, technology, and medicine.
>>
>>19129798
really makes you think
>>
>>19128194
then you are about as confused as a "christian" who does divination using angel tarot cards i really don't get how people have managed to Christianize
Buddhism being as the two are so vastly different
>>
>>19129920
good goy
>>
>>19126184
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do5dgD5PNd0
>>
>>19129928
>>19129798
My almonds are activated
>>
>>19131087
https://youtu.be/1kDso5ElFRg
reminds me of this hahaha
>>
>>19131307
worth laughing at lol
>>
>>19130460
Allow more than 50% of the human population to the world's resources. Or would you like to stay on this planet for another 500 years?
>>
>>19130460
Woah, ayy. I didn't say anything about inviting them to live here. I just harvest their cultures for any good ideas they might have had.
>>
>>19131341
How will devoting resources to the unwashed masses get us off this planet any faster? If anything, you should be taking things away from them. I mean, if that's your ultimate goal, all that money that goes to the black community could go to Nasa.
>>
watered down everything non abrahamic

it's not bad it just is

>>19126213

i don't understand how people appreciating other cultures or taking ideas from them is exploitation

that cultural appropriation shit starts to get ridiculous past a certain point

people are way too touchy and ridiculous about shit because really they're desperate to actually fight something and they don't know how to be effective about it
>>
>>19131417

educating people and giving them the means to thrive is a way to tap into greater potential

groups of people holding other groups of people back keeps everyone from contributing and makes everyone weaker by default
>>
>>19131417
>black community

What the hell are you even rambling about /pol/esmoker
>>
>>19131426
This. So much this.
The nations that develop economic power faster are those whose pollitics are centered in health (including population control and repopulation for some states).
Provoking more inequity will naturally develop in poorer services for those in power, more instability and fucked up diplomatic relationships.
>>
>>19131419

A lot of new age shamans charge money for ceremonies that originally would be free
>>
>>19131574

if people are going to pay and it's what you have to sell then it is what it is isn't it? given the current framework of society

not to mention there are people who find payment unethical even now and people have a choice about whether or not they buy into that kind of thing

many churches are run like businesses too, that's the nature of a society where exchange of cash is necessary for survival
>>
>>19131616
>many churches are run like businesses
And so that makes it right? I say we take away their tax exempt statuses. There's a difference between making a living and charging exorbitant prices to perform a ceremony whose originators expressly forbid making profit from it.
>>
>>19131430
I believe that's the polite term these days.
>>
>>19131426
Maybe if you develop a eugenics programme to deal with the old IQ issue.
>>
>>19131913

no such thing as "right" and "wrong" they're subjective terms people give to their opinions of different aspects of reality and nature

i didn't assign any moral value to it at all, i just pointed out that it's how the world works within the current system and that spirituality becomes a commodity due to the nature of society

individual morality (such as non profit spiritual practices being done by an individual or doing those things for money) isn't subject to tradition, that's a choice

it's also a choice for others to buy that

tax exemption status shouldn't be granted to the church, you're right

however since it is granted people can and should take advantage of it, creating their own "churches" and "convents" and creating small somewhat self sufficient communities on those properties to avoid paying taxes (i self sufficient because why just affect one area when you can affect another at the same time? big businesses need to be pulled down for smaller ones to succeed)
>>
>>19131934

iq isn't the only measure of intelligence, there are multiple forms of intelligence and many other ways a person can be valuable

judging a person's value and ability to contribute based solely on a single standard is short sighted at best
>>
>>19131978
Sure, objective morality does not exist, I know. Looks like you are supporting a rather nasty form of opportunism though. But there is SUBjective morality, and relative morality. Relative morality seems to indicate that charging exorbitant rates for a rite that was not ever meant to be profited off of, yet doing every other part of the ceremony 100% in the spirit and letter of the original, is immoral.
>>
>>19131934
nigga iq is a meme and you fell for it like a dog with a bone
>>
>>19131999
Ya know who likes to say things like that? People with low Intelligence Quotients.

Sure, it's not the end-all be-all, but it's far from a meme. it's an accurate way to at LEAST indicate whether someone is a genius, above average, average, below average, or retarded.
>>
>>19131996

i'm not supporting anything, i don't pay for spirituality and i don't sell it either

being able to recognize reality isn't a show of support or disdain, it just is

that being said relative and subjective morality only mean as much as you want them to

i can see where you've chosen to add weight, but i don't see why your assessment ultimately matters

part of life is taking advantage of opportunities when necessary and available, and some people are going to take that in directions you don't like

however, the problem isn't entirely the people it's the society that creates them as well
>>
File: 14x.gif (740KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
14x.gif
740KB, 200x200px
>people that bash new age stuff but defend chaos ""magick""
lmao
>>
>>19132033
Stop reddit spacing.
>>
It's literally the prototype of the worldwide religion for the NWO
>>
>>19132036
One's associated with cool people like Alistair Clowley, and the other is associated with middle aged women who host yoga classes. It's entirely an image problem.
>>
>>19132033
>however since it is granted people can and should take advantage of it,
>"I'm not supporting anything"

ok, A-non-e-moose
>>
>>19132018

not that anon (i'm the other one who responded to you), but there's more to people than that one measure of worth

you're hyperfocusing on something that doesn't ultimately mean much because as long as people are utilized properly and given opportunity to thrive (within their means and capabilities) society will be better for it

sure you can remove everyone with a low iq and build a society of geniuses, but then you'd be wasting genius on menial labor and how fucking stupid is that?
>>
>>19132018
Yeah sure dude, and I'm the president
>>
>>19132056
>Alistair Crowley
>Cool
>Chaos Magick

Pick one and one only.
>>
The new age movement is bad because it is selectively giving esoteric truths instead of the entire thing.

The old wisdom is coming out, and the new age movement is essentially disinfo.

Things like people using crystals and such for their chakras - yes, they help, but they are SO much less effective than being able to control your own energy internally that they do nothing to help the average person.

"Charging a crystal" with vibrations will cause it to slowly release that vibration, but being able to manifest that vibration yourself is infinitely more powerful.
>>
>>19132056
You best not be talking smack on Yoga
>>
>>19132064
That's the image. I didn't say it was right.
>>
>>19132044

were you that kid who had a hard time making friends because you couldn't stop telling everyone what they should and shouldn't do?

>>19132057

i was throwing an idea out, there's no feelings behind it

i was pointing out that if the system is the problem that creates the issue then it needs to be what's removed to fix it (rather than bitching about individuals using opportunities they have due to the system in order to sustain themselves within it)

if utilizing means that are completely legal and acceptable would help accomplish that why not?

taking advantage of a system (which is what i did suggest) isn't the equivalent of taking advantage of an individual

and that's not support or lack thereof, just neutral thoughts
>>
>>19132057

also to be perfectly honest i'm pretty amazed that there aren't monastaries, churches, and convents devoted to kek right now filled with neets living tax free in their place of worship

especially because money can be made 50 days out of the year on any property that's considered a place of religious worship
>>
>>19132095
Saying "people should do x" implies support for it. This is how english works.

Also, it sounds like you are implying people have no sense of right and wrong and are only out for themselves. Which is true to a point, but I believe in the individual over the nanny state.

Taking advantage of a system is, rather, taking advantage of a whole host of individuals.
>>
>>19132118

didn't realize i said "should" i just talk to talk, don't take things i say too seriously

i also use generalizations in conversations too, they never mean "all"

people have subjective senses of "right" and "wrong" that are relative to them as individuals, and plenty of people aren't just out for themselves

people are varied and come with all different ranges of empathy, perspectives, and beliefs

i never claimed otherwise

if the system is corrupt and taking advantage of the masses (it is) then the masses taking advantage of the system is just an act of rebellion and a shift of power towards the masses rather than the small group of individuals in power

the masses have power they can choose to utilize it, and playing within the system is one way of doing that

or do you think we should go live in a fantasy land where even though the system itself is corrupt and opportunistic behavior is a method of survival in some cases everyone will just be nice to each other because it's "good" and nothing should be done because things will just work themselves out in a nice way and no one will be put out?
>>
>>19131999
>>19131990
IQ is a thing, there are accurate measurements of it as a cognitive trait and it strongly correlates with lifetime success and ability to learn. "Multiple intelligences" is more of a "meme" in the sense that you're using it because it has been demonstrated that all of these other "intelligences," so-called, are subject to the overarching IQ score. I.e. people with high IQ will tend to have higher scores in all of the other metrics of intelligence.
>>
>>19132169
All I can say is, I do the right thing as much as I can, whether others do or not. Just because an opportunity presents itself where I can "gain" something doesn't mean I'm going to take advantage. Particularly if someone is going to lose out because of it. It's unfortunate that expecting grown 'adults' not to act like a pack of uncivilized niggers is "fantasy," but you are right. People, by and large, only care for themselves, and to hell with the rest of the world.
>>
>>19132178
Iq score it's also correlated with depression.

Smart and sad.
>>
>>19132178

i was talking about emotional intelligence mostly, which isn't measured on an iq test and is still valuable

and again a society full of only geniuses is a society where genius will be wasted on menial tasks
>>
just had a birthday
i have a new age now
>>
>>19132192
More ability to foresee negative outcomes in a world dominated by chaos, so yes. I'd still trade ignorant bliss for having a high IQ at the drop of a hat because my moments of happiness are more meaningful. Existence in general is more meaningful for high IQ people.
>>
>>19132198
Stop Reddit spacing.
>>
>>19132190

sure you don't have to, but maybe someone in a different position does have to take that opportunity when it prevents itself

not everyone has the luxury of getting to pick and choose

anyway i'm calling bullshit anyway on how good you are to other people

how many chain stores do you shop at? how many things do you iwn that were made by large companies? how many times have you supported industries that exploit people?

do you really think a refusal to help break apart a system gives you room to feel self satisfied and like you "did the right thing" because sometimes means you don't care for need to be utilized now for gain later

no offense but you sound like a self righteous pacifist pussy who does fuckall for anyone
>>
>>19132229
Stop Reddit spacing.
>>
>>19132211
>>19132231

say something worthwhile instead of giving orders i'm not going to follow

let me guess, you aren't going to do that
>>
>>19132243
Stop Reddit spacing. You aren't as important as you think you are. Your posts can take up the same amount of space as everyone else's.
>>
>>19132229
I shop at as few chain stores as I can. I drive an hour just to go to a family owned music store. I run a business that has been in my family for generations. It's not always possible, but if there is a way for me to avoid a large corporate store, I do. If there is a way for me to avoid supporting businesses that exploit others, I do. I agree that the system needs to change. However, I don't do it for praise, I do it because that's how I was raised, by a family who owned a small business. Even if it costs a few extra bucks, and even if that means you have to go without something, you budget your money better and support the local businesses and community.

It's not a "luxury" to decide not to fuck somebody over just because I want something. I'm just trying to explain to you that not everyone in the world is the way you think they are, or apparently, the way you are. I couldn't give less of a fuck about your opinion of me if I tried.

I never said I would refuse to help break apart a bad system. I DID say that blaming the system and not the people is a pretty retarded way to go about it.

I also hunt, fish, grow my own fruits and vegetables as much as I can, and support the local farmers when I need eggs or beef or pork. Or milk.

But yeah, I'm just a pacifist pussy who wants to make the world a better place, even in such a little way as is possible for one person to do.

PS. Nobody "HAS" to take the opportunity to fuck someone over. You keep saying you're "not supporting one thing over the other" but it is very clear what kind of person you are: a nigger.
>>
>>19132265
Stop Reddit spacing.
>>
>>19132252

i'm curious, what makes you think you're fit to tell anyone what to do?

don't you realize that you demanding that i do what you say is you being self important?

don't you realize that the space you're take up with off topic criticism (nit picking) of the way my posts are spaced and attempts to give me orders are completely wasted because you're adding nothing to the conversation?

tell me, what makes you so important that you can say nothing of value and give orders and expect a perfect stranger to listen?
>>
>>19132276
>deflection
Not happening. Stop Reddit spacing. Go to your room. Think about your life decisions.
>>
>>19132252
>>19132231
>>19132271
>visual clarity/visual separation of ideas is not acceptable in the infinite visual space of the internet
you are perpetuating a "checked"-tier meme for faggots
>>
>>19132271
Lel. I was off to a good start, but I realized our pea-brained nig-non would have a hard time understanding what I said if my sentences ran together and didn't resemble the Redit format he is clearly accustomed to.
>>
>>19132265

so what you're saying is that you're financially secure through the efforts of people who put in work before you were even a thought and you somehow think you understand how the world works for everyone because of that?

seems like you're lacking perspective there

while i applaud your efforts your view of the world has clearly been shaped inside of a bubble

when you say no one "has" to take advantage of other people however you're ignoring the very nature of the system, which is taking advantage

and even you do it, every time you support a large company or buy a mass produced pocket you're lining the pockets of people who are exploiting others and actively destroying the environment as well

it is a luxury to not have to fuck someone over sometimes, there are people who have to steal to eat and have clothes (even ones who work) because the system creates extreme divides in class

people act the way they do because of what's in place, all societies create their criminals

sure there's a level of personal responsibility, however you're blind if you think that society hasn't shaped it

you're the sort of person who can see all the things wrong in the world, and be blind to the reasons why and the things that shape those issues

i'm not black btw, but i'm not surprised you're racist

>>19132285

you're not my real dad

i hate you and mom
>>
>>19132341
>thinking nigger means black
Lel. you're most certainly a nigger, and I invite anyone in this thread who agrees or disagrees, based on what you have said so far, to speak up.
>shopping at local shops means you're financially secure
Zozzle
And yes, people have to steal to eat, and I don't blame them, but you keep shifting the conversation. That's not even what we were talking about. YOU were talking about people seeing opportunities and taking them, whether or not they fuck someone over. Stealing food to survive is not exactly on par with exploiting tax loopholes. But again, as a nigger, I know this is hard for you to understand.

Blaming the actions of each individual on society is very niggerish of you. Careful over there, Mr. Marx
>>
>>19132265

btw what you said about not always having a choice but to buy things that support big business proves my point even further about it being a luxury to not have to fuck people over

sometimes even you don't have that luxury no matter your efforts
>>
>>19132360
btw that's not what we were talking about. This:

>however since it is granted people can and should take advantage of it, creating their own "churches" and "convents" and creating small somewhat self sufficient communities on those properties to avoid paying taxes (i self sufficient because why just affect one area when you can affect another at the same time? big businesses need to be pulled down for smaller ones to succeed)

a statement by you, is the basis of our conversation about fucking people over. I know it's hard but please try to stay on topic.
>>
>>19132355

actually what i initially said was individuals should take advantage of the tax laws regarding churches to create tax free "places of worship" (living spaces) that are as self sufficient as possible because if people did that en masse it would help with destabilizing the larger system

which is corrupt and does need to come down for many reasons, not just the ones mentioned

i said you were financially secure because you run a family business actually

i shop local too because i think that it's worthwhile, i don't consider that a luxury or a sign of financial stability
>>
>>19132398
I know, I literally quoted you.
Gee anon, you must be awful priveleged and well off if you think running a small business makes one well off, or even allows one to come close to the national average income. Maybe it was like that befor places like amazon, and the internet in general, but you will find that small businesses are beginning to go extinct. In large part due to lack of customer loyalty, leading to bankruptcy
>>
>>19132382

already went back to my initial statement

because yes, strategic shots at a system within legal means is preferable to violence when and wherever possible don't you think?

taking away property taxes for living spaces when and wherever possible would be a strategic move towards destabilization so would supporting community (farms, businesses etc) and so on because big business has a huge hold on the government and people shouldn't be paying taxes to a corrupt system

fact is when people are too comfortable they allow tyranny to take hold and remain unchecked because it's easier

things have to be a little hard for change to be possible

anyway if you look at any society the crime statistics, mental health statistics etc you see obvious patterns in what is and isn't an issue in those places

this happens because society (not just the individual) creates its criminals and problems

that's just reality

personal responsibility and subjective morals come into play sure, but those patterns don't just come out of nowhere and they're not coincidence

different kinds of crime happen in different places due to the structures in place
>>
>>19132434
Now you're sounding an awful lot like the pacifist pussy fag you accused me of being.
>>
>>19132416

well you're clearly choosing to not do anything else with your time and life, it can't be that bad

i wrote what i said before you quoted me, we both decided to not go off in a far off direction at the same time

customer loyalty is generally earned and aside from that it should be obvious that i see major issues with huge chains that take profits away from small business owners who are more deserving of that money
>>
>>19132458
>Customer loyalty is generally earned
Yeah, until they find out they can save three dollars by ordering it online. Things aren't the ay they used to be, anon. But they still want to come in to get all the good info and service you get by shopping at a family owned business, they just leave without buying anything, and go order it online, once we provide them with all the services and info they wanted, for free.

Also, me posting for part of an afternoon while it's slow at work does not represent what I do with the entirety of my time. I happen to work 60 hours or more a week, so it can be convenient to hop on the chan in between projects, when business is slow.
>>
>>19132441

it's preferable because it's legal, there's less chance of repercussion therefore more people are likely to do it so it's easier to get more people involved

also peaceful means make for good pr, just look at gandhi, he was a complete piece of shit but he preached non violence and he gets held up like a symbol of what a great man should be

and you need good pr because the other part of tearing something down is violence and that tends to scare people away when it's all by itself

both methods are necessary, but peace is an important part of war and it's strategic and valuable

i don't mean preferable as in "it's always better than violence" because not at all, sometimes it's the worst possible choice

but when you can strike somewhere with low risk (which peaceful means can achieve) then it's always a strike you should take

the higher the risk the more caution required
>>
>>19132479

i guess i'm unusual, i'd rather pay extra to a small business than go to a chain or ordering online whenever possible

what i meant by that was you're choosing to work at a family run business instead of doing something else

can't make a point about posting on here while i'm doing it too
>>
>>19132505
Yes, I'm choosing to not let my family's business go bankrupt so I can go off and work a more profitable job, if that's what you mean. Which comes back to our discussion of right and wrong. Some would say, if you can go make more money, why not do that? It's what's best for you right? And I say :wrong.
>>
>ITT:
Frustrated memery. >>19128080 gets close tho.
>>
>>19132513

actually my only objection to working at a family run business would be that i don't think it's necessarily fair for someone to have their life decided for them in that matter

forced responsibility for others choices and/or failures determining their own livelihood (in the sense that if there was something they'd rather be doing regardless of profit) seems pretty sad to me

it has nothing to do with money
>>
>>19132530

*manner

not "matter" sorry i'm on day 2 of hardly any sleep and a lot of coffee
>>
>>19132530
Sure. It wasn't forced, it's my choice. nobody started a business with the intention to force all future generations to run it. It just happened to become multi-generational because we have had enough family members dedicated and willing enough to save it from going under. It's absolutely my choice, and I very much desire to help keep it running. But even if I didn't I would remain out of a sense of duty.
>>
>>19132513

i see it more like:

if there was something you wanted out of life or good at then pursuing it would be best for you rather than spending your life trying to keep a failing business afloat
>>
>>19132547

fair enough

what kind of business is it? if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>19132547

btw anon, if you lived close i'd stop by and show some support for your business + buy you a coffee

it's not every day i speak to someone on here who backtracks to the initial topic with me (at about the same time) and then continues the conversation from there

whether we disagree or not i can respect that and it's rare to find
>>
>>19132595
Sporting goods.
Well, thanks. Sorry if I was a dick. Sometimes on the internet we forget our civility and sense of service to our fellow man.
>>
>>19126184
Any development of God since the Bible is considered New Age by most.

New Age isn't bad, its a development. The discoveries of Science are developing our understanding of the deity absolute and the mechanisms of reality.
If we discover relativity or math, and don't apply that mind expanding worldview into our religious world view, we are setting ourselves and our beliefs up for obsolescence shock.
>>
>>19132636

not bad, i don't know why but i was thinking something like hardware store, i guess because that's the sort of thing chains and online consume, but i guess what isn't?

it's cool, i was one too, it happens

being the kind of person who can get past that and find civility afterwards is sometimes more impressive than starting out that way; especially on 4chan

really though, the thing with the system is that things need to be shaken up massively because comfortable people don't do enough to create change

for every person like you who makes an effort there's more who would like to, but don't because of convenience and those people need a push

maybe that sounds fucked up, maybe it is

but i guess i see it like: extraordinary means need to be taken sometimes and morality needs to be flexible for those things

there's a lot wrong in the world right now, and people are going to end up hurt and inconvenienced by any attempt people make to repair it, but that's the only way to have significant change

i guess maybe i'm naïve and assume part of that change would be group effort to support each other while tearing things down to minimize the damage individuals are dealt while creating massive problems for the larger system (that's ironically made out of a much smaller group of people)
>>
File: 1495930105643-1.png (1MB, 740x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495930105643-1.png
1MB, 740x1000px
It's bad because it's a nonsense relativism for degenerates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EvRIq6Qxh0
>>
"New Age" beliefs revolve around the belief that the Earth/Humanity are entering a New Age. It's garbage because there's always little to no evidence to back any of it up.
>>
>>19132747
the kaliyuga and mayan calendar both ended.
Humans have a new dimension of their personality which exists on silicon wafers somewhere in the cloud. Besides that tho
>>
>>19126184
New Age means that the new world order is gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 900x900px
The "New Age" movement a is not new at all. They are mixing eastern philosophies (chakra alignment, third eye opening, yoga, etc.) with occult teachings ( tarot card reading, spiritism, meditation, etc) and other old teachings. It's demonic.
>>
>>19132067
Do you know where I can find material to read more about this?
>>
>>19133948
Taking a look at everything and extracting the things that seem to work best, seems the smartest way to handle these kinds of things to me.
>>
>>19126184
Nothing new about New Age: just a bunch of hippies mixing occult ideas and toying with forces not meant for man.
>>
File: 1475162903207.jpg (13KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
1475162903207.jpg
13KB, 236x315px
>>19126184
new age is just old stuff packed in a new wrapper, new age cults and societies are upheld by satanists that are looking for lukewarm's to be further initiated into the dark occult.. don't get me wrong i'm not a christian zealot but always be weary and dig deeper when looking into these philosophies
>>
>>19133948
>everything I don't like is demonic

Could you define "demonic"?
>>
>>19135429
This. I dont care if things I do are new age or not but Im not part of those skinny lowT vegan faggots who keep spouting about crystals no matter how much tarot readings and meditations I do.
>>
>>19135429

i've learned mostly through experiences i've had, women i've been close to/with, drugs, conversation with people and visitation dreams etc

i don't have the patience to sort through new age books and shit like that and what i'm doing is working for me

>>19135937

i'm skinny, vegan, and don't go on about crystals

being vegan doesn't lower your t, but the more weight you have on you the more likely it is your estrogen levels are raised so i hope you're fit or average rather than fat considering
>>
>>19131616
1616 is a sign of debt stemming from sin.

It ain't right. Money has become the God of this world because it is the first thing many people go to before they even begin doing an act.

By being run like a business, all the fruits of running a business, both good and bad, is all they will ever receive.

That being said, good can still come from them, but it's inherently wrong to run it like a business. Because once the money stops, they close shop.

If I ran a church it would be upheld by my own money and more than likely there would be a single room in which I would live in. But I consider myself far from being a saint and will not undertake an ambition like that until my cup is clean and have a strong desire for it. Both go hand in hand though.

Regardless, it's okay to receive donations to use to keep your body in good health and to provide shelter, but when your house is $300,000 and your car is boarding near $100,000 and you obtained all these things through donations. You have done wrong imo.

$300,000 in FL can get quite a few homeless people off the streets. Not giving them food which is only going to last a day.

Cars and electricity pollute the holy planet in which people are preaching peace for too. All because of the stink of money. And being convinced that they needed these things.

Materialism and money will ensure that mankind never leaves the planet. Visiting another celestial body once isn't leaving. I'm talking about thriving worlds full of life.

Just another "but we can't reason", that is really just a totem gone live. Love one another as you love yourselves and you will see true progress.

The poster who said to distribute the wealth to the poorer people is right.
>>
>>19135750
i suppose he's saying demonic as in it's really not good rather than relating to demons
>>
>>19132018
If you think so.
>>
File: 1496708986924.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496708986924.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>19126184
It makes selfishness enlightenment for one. It is a movement which can "give your life meaning" and "help you achieve
inner peace and enlightenment" but it will cost you! It tries to pass itself off as legitimate by woo woo. The misuse of the words "quantum", "vibrations", "resonance", and "frequency" are some examples. It also tells you to ignore the bad around you and just think positive instead of changing it. Mark Passio did a great lecture series on New Age Bullshit.
>>
>>19132056
Crowley loved Yoga.
>>
>>19131307
Brilliant.
>>
>>19131053
Doing the great work anon!
>>
>>19130415
Not really. Jesus and Buddha were on the same page.
>>
>>19136150

i was explaining the nature of the system, pointing out that within this system all things (spirituality included) have become a commodity and that it's because of the way society is structured

both the other anon and myself agree that people need to stop supporting large businesses and put their money into local shops and learn to be more self sufficient

understanding the nature of something isn't agreeing with it or buying into it, and understanding is necessary to change it as well

people need to start coming together and making the choice to care for each other and let go of some conveniences we have at the price of corruption and destruction

you missed my point and you might even be telling me to listen to myself funny enough

anyway there's no such thing as inherently "wrong" or "right," morality is subjective

however, what people need to understand is when someone says morality is subjective that doesn't mean they lack personal morals and you can't assume personal morality from those statements

i freely teach people to meditate and open their third eye, i read astrology charts for people, i offer advice based on my personal experiences etc without profit at all

could i use money? sure

would it be nice to get money for those things because they come more easily for me and my health issues get in the way of having a normal job? sure, but i don't and i learned some of what i know from someone who strongly believed that those things shouldn't be used for material gain

don't pretend to know my personal stance on things when it wasn't stated
>>
>>19130415
Schuon, Guenon, and other perennialists helped me reconcile Buddhism with Christian truth. Also Jung helped me reconcile both with pagan ideas.

Not all Christians are fundie protestants and in pure esoterism a kind of syncretism is possible.
>>
You might wanna check this out
http://www.yourmarketdomination.com/developingpsychicpowers
>>
>>19136340
I only consider the exchange of money for survival to be wrong because there are other factors and money to me just seems like an artificial burden to survival. Sorry if I came off offensively. I have a deep hatred for the way things currently are, but at the same time I understand why it is what it is.

I thought you were advocating it for some reason. I need to brush up on my reading comprehension.
>>
>>19136667

it's fine, i might have been unclear i'm high often and i haven't slept much lately

anyway i don't disagree with you about money

but i think people are accustomed to exchange and will still crave an order to things

i just think what's exchanged would need to change

i'm not advocating for capitalism in the long term necessarily i'm pointing out what is and the things that are in place as a result

anyway i don't know every rule on currency substitution but it might be something we should consider people agreeing to utilize that right and starting to within communities would be able to slowly help each other build in that manner

it would have to be gradual, there are steps and phases

it's like seasons changing really

i just see that what both capitalism and the way the laws of the country are written and that there is really a lot of room for people to pull those large structures down and get what they want while staying within their rights

now of course that only covers a small portion of the issue, but what's wrong runs deep

anyway it's cool, i know how i can come off

it's also really hard to explain things with this many factors or discuss them properly in so few words so it's easy to see things that way

also i can recoginize the beauty of the system, it's well designed control and it's amazing really

it's an achievement whether or not i care for it so i give it credit where it deserves it

i speak about it as if it's impressive, also my view of morality can make it seem like my own reflect that i suppose

but no i have things in common with you there and see the problems there
>>
>>19136742
>i might have been unclear i'm high often and i haven't slept much lately

Sounds like me. I have been cutting down on it though, but where I'm at, the full moon just passed and I have been getting high specifically for meditations.
>>
>>19136836
To add on, my eye will vibrate while I try to sleep. I can "turn it off", but I don't like to, so I suffer staying up way past my sleep time and am usually at my job with anywhere from 2 to 6 hours of sleep on a daily basis. At least the weekends are nice.
>>
>>19136208
you know nothing of either, stop spewing retarded PC memes
>>
File: 445443444.png (70KB, 1200x1664px) Image search: [Google]
445443444.png
70KB, 1200x1664px
>>19131430
So you complain about political incorrectness... by using a politically incorrect gay slur.

You massively hypocritical fuckwit.
>>
File: 802800801.gif (273KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
802800801.gif
273KB, 450x450px
>>19132231
>Stop Reddit spacing.

This meme died a long time ago.

Like your sex life.
>>
>>19136836
>>19136847

i've been high for the better part of a decade and on/off before that, a good deal of my life really, but it was more sporadic when i was younger

i've had long binges with hard drugs too, and i've learned a good deal from those experiences

had a lot of strange experiences because of them too, but ultimately i just really like drugs and i usually just get intoxicated to garden or write/play music and sing, do things like wander around

i meditate intoxicated or not, and i've been lucid dreaming for as long as i can remember, out of body experiences etc

most of what i've learned has either been from women or just visitation dreams (i had a calling dream and my ex told me how to answer it so i figured "why not?" and did), strange experiences, and memories (they started after a ritual, they just feel like memories and i experience them the same way, they're historically accurate and everything but it's all late 3rd early 4th century rome)

things have been weird for me lately, i've been feeling a pull to be around other people so i feel like i'm looking for ones that understand

just blindly searching wherever feels right
>>
>>19136847

my third eye is open by itself a lot too, i used to be able to control it better but it's been harder since that ritual

it took years to do it again when i want, and the first time came with these convulsions and this warm sensation all over my body
>>
>>19136742
I'm not reading any of that until yo stop Reddit spacing.
>>
>>19137819

so don't
>>
>>19126184
how many versions of this picture are there?
>>
>>19126184
>>19137992
also, why is Ophanim in the OP's picture but not this one?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
>>19137992>>19138008

its in that version too
>>
>>19131426
>educating people and giving them the means to thrive is a way to tap into greater potential

Only if your efforts are directed at people that actually HAVE potential. Far too much is wasted on those who don't.
>>
>>19138676

i don't think you can judge people's potential in all areas enough to say putting effort in would be a waste
>>
>>19130415
>Tarot & Christianity incompatible meme
check the Anonymous Meditations and MP Hederman's Tarot: Talisman or Taboo? for a debunking of that one. (naturally, we're not talking the woo j00j00 shit of the new age)

also, many Christians including monks and priests have incorporated techniques from Buddhist meditation into their devotions. not necessarily syncretic. I've not heard of the reverse though
>>
>>19136347
this shows you have neither read nor understood Guenon since he shows how synthesis and syncretism are radically opposing concepts.

as for Schuon, look for his n00ds online if you want an inkling of hjs reliability.
>>
>>19137992
the original is a woodblock print, so b/w. and so very easy to colour in any way you like.

it's called the Flammarion engraving, after the French astronomer who first published it and who most likely carved it himself.

It's a lovely piece of work!
>>
Anything about using ancient ways as a trend without understanding the real deal. To do it because it's cool or original. To use it to stand out socially instead of just using it.
>>
>>19140987
>I've not heard of the reverse
Which probably tells us a lot about the value of Buddhist praxes vs. that of Christian praxes, no?
>>
>>19141531
exactly
>>
>>19126184
Because fundamental religious rubes think it's a little cartoon red man with horns running around with a pitchfork.
>>
>>19141531

>praxes

le pretentious.

there's also a bunch of Christian bing bongs btw mr new age shill
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.