[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it always Florida?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: pic related.jpg (76KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
76KB, 512x512px
movies, TV shows, cartoons, paranormal talk- almost all of it talks about Florida.
why do people talk so much about moving to Florida or vacationing there? the Florida-man meme aside, it genuinely is talked about a lot, even to this day.
what about Florida attracts the paranormal, the serial killers, the demented, and the rich old folk who come here to retire? it's not the oranges, is it? because they didn't even grow there originally.
>>
Live here, it's because it's a shithole that other's think is nice. Ironically the only good part of florida are the rural areas since the west coast has been taken by Quebecois, the East coast by New Yorjers and Jersians, and the South coast by alligators and Cubans/Porto Ricans
>>
>>19125971
and central florida has been taken over by old people and sadness
>>
>>19125971
>Ironically the only parts of florida still filled with rednecks and the KKK are the rural areas

You mean the areas where you roll up the windows and pray to an nonexistent god that you don't need to stop for gas until you hit a town with a high school? Truly a shame.
>>
>>19126005
I'm not even a christian, so I don't support the kkk.
I'm saying it's the only nice place because most of the people are friendly if you're not /r9k/ and it's quite comfy with it's national parks. The ocean has been ruined and the people of the coasts are pretty much dicks or are nice but don't speak English.
>>
>>19126063
>most of the people are friendly if you're not /r9k/
Or black, or Jewish, or Cuban, or nonreligious, or Catholic, or from anywhere above the Mason Dixon line, or anyone in possession of a book...

There are still towns in Florida's panhandle where owning shoes makes you wealthy.
>>
>>19125956
I live in nj, I've been to Florida on vacation to the theme parks and hope to do so again. I love vacationing in Florida with the nice weather and even when it rains it's still nice. One day I want to move to Florida, there are so many oranges there, and boy do I love oranges, almost as much as I love Florida. So what there are gators there? It's always been a bucket list Dream for me to hunt gator, also I've heard they have an organized boa constrictor hunt there as well, good ol florida I can't wait.

-posted from my I phone
>>
>>19126073
If you're black and don't speak AAVE and listen to rap, then most people are cool with you. They just figure you're there to sell weed and will ask if they have some. Soitherners actually love smoking weed, and view blacks as part of that culture, they just don't like the ultra ghetto.
Jews are high population here, don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah it's true on hispanics, been that way for many a year.
>>
>>19126148
>If you're black and don't speak AAVE and listen to rap, then most people are cool with you. They just figure you're there to sell weed and will ask if they have some. Soitherners actually love smoking weed, and view blacks as part of that culture, they just don't like the ultra ghetto.
"Don't be gettin all uppity, Nigger Jim. Jus sell yo weed and be on wit yer."

>Jews are high population here, don't know what you're talking about.
I'm talking about the towns I regularly pass through and have made the terrible misfortune of stopping at from time to time. Don't know why you decided to single out the Jewish as the one you don't ACTUALLY hate. Interesting.
>>
>>19125956
Sarasota's a CIA headquarters. Look up where George W Bush was located and what he was doing during 9/11.
>>
>>19126005
>>19126073
>>19126185

Gee, I wonder who could be behind these posts...
>>
>>19125956
It's the weather. It's not as easy to commit crimes when you leave footprints in snow.
>>
>>19127855
since when has Florida ever snowed?
>>
>>19127719
You think I - the person who pointed out anon said they hate everyone EXCEPT the Jews - is working for the Jews?

Please explain what I said makes you think I am defending the hooknoses that invaded Florida and turned the entire Eastern half into pure shit. All I've done is mention the slack-jawed mouthbreathers in the rural areas are no better.

Florida should be sold back to Spain at this point.
>>
Im stuck in hollywood FL with nothing to do and the mega storm destroyed much of my hopes.

Someone give me some guidance Im not a boat person and Im tired of entry level jobs
>>
File: bugs bunny florida.gif (772KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny florida.gif
772KB, 320x240px
never been there but this is my guess: florida is the dick of the united states. we fucked too many other countries and caught syphilis.

someone on /bant/ said that florida wasn't part of the south, it's just where new yorkers go to die. this could also be true.

hell, there's a lot of voodoo and rootwork going on in that part of the country - maybe the state is cursed.
>>
>>19125956
I moved here after rehab
>>
The biggest commercial Phosphate plants in the country leeching into a ground-level water table decade after decade. And opiates. Lots and lots of opiates.
>>
>>19129209
You fuckin idiot lol
>>
>>19126073
>There are still towns in Florida's panhandle where owning shoes makes you wealthy.

Nigga wat?
>>
>>19125956
>>19125956
Most of Florida is Doomed Ground. The cycle of life and death has featured prominently in its existence for a long time.

Named for the flower in bloom, built out of centuries of bountiful coral reefs, raised out of the ocean itself long after the main continents already existed. Called the "breadbasket of the South" during the civil war.
Shaped like a massive wang, Florida is clearly an incarnation of the generation of life.

But even though it is of the South it is still separate. It is home to the Everglades, a swamp of perpetual decay, where freshwater meets the gulf. It is inhabited by alligators which have existed unchanged, as perfect predators for millions of years. They are biologically immortal, and will continue to live and grow as long as they aren't killed.

Florida is in the direct path of the hurricanes that the Atlantic ocean hurtle toward us.

Florida has a history of voodoo and other magicks particularly focused on life and death for centuries.

It was the point where explorers from Spain met the New World, and unleashed a hellscape of plagues and collapse on the natives.

Nowadays, Florida is a surreal landscape. It is a patchwork of rich and poor; sane and insane.

The growth of coral reefs across the world has waned and wilted, and Florida will be consumed by the ocean again.

To anyone who lives in Florida now: you are standing on your children's Atlantis. It is here now, and will be gone soon.

And people have understood this connection to life and death for as long as people have known about the peninsula. That's why it's weird; weird people are drawn to it.
>>
>>19130523
You heard me. Every building in that town had a dirt floor.

Florida still uses slaves.
http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/story/news/2016/02/10/modern-day-slavery-surrounds-ucf-orlando/80190768/
>>
I've lived in Florida my entire life

We have a buttfuckton of military bases - I used to think occasionally experiencing a sonic boom was normal.

Pensacola is a bizarre city. It used to claim to be the "UFO capital of the world". It's got a ton of megachurches and then innumerable little shitty churches. And it gets name-dropped in the weirdest shit for no reason

and cults just love this state for some reason
>>
>>19125956
Because FL is poor man's CA.
>>
>>19132104
Same here brother, same here.
I cant escape this shithole of tourism and military that we know as Navarre.
>>
>>19129209
January 1977. Snowed in Tampa.
>>
>>19125971

Wait. 386? Rural areas? You're claiming that Palatka and surrounding areas, the POOREST county in all of Florida represents the only good part?

Jesus, 386 area code is a pure redneck, meth-addicted shithole. The entire county should be napalmed from one end to the other.

55% graduation rate and you're claiming it's the best part of Florida? Snort fewer pills, Interlachen trash.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.