[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk time travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: time-7.jpg (291KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
time-7.jpg
291KB, 1920x1200px
Does anyone out there have any ideas about time travel? How it can be done? The limitations? Has it been done before? Is time the 4th dimension, waiting to be solved, or do you think of it as dimension 0, a static constant in the universe?

I've heard some people say that if you traveled through time, you'd just appear in empty space because of how fast the planet, solar system, galaxy arm, and galaxy itself are all traveling.

That doesn't seem to be much of a barrier though to me. If you can warp dimensions enough to time travel then surely you can warp them to teleport too right? Its all just a matter of accurate math at that point.

So what are your thoughts?
>>
>>19125661
unfortunately human souls are too weak to do it, no 'tech' could shield you from the impacts.
Some Shades that become spirits after a very long time can, be wary of dog barkings
>>
>>19125672

are shades and spirits not human souls themselves? what would make them stronger than a regular human's?
>>
>>19125694
>are shades and spirits not human souls themselves
that is correct. Though very few humans can become more through epic deeds and spirit in life.
>what would make them stronger than a regular human's?
it has more to do with them not being bounded.
>>
How about this?
There seems to be a time travelling hyperintelligent being in this thread,
getting all the trips, and even quads...
> >>>/s4s/5479442
>>
>>19125712

Very interesting. So you would posit that a human soul becomes detached from the body during any attempt to time travel? Do you think there's any work around? What happens to the soul at that point? IS it just floating around in between timelines or is it destroyed in your theory?
>>
>>19125728

>time traveling hyperintelligent being comes to 2017 to post a get thread on /s4s/ and show of their anime figurines

k
>>
>>19125739
If You would develop the skill of time travelling, what would You do then?
>>
>>19125747

If I'm a hyper intelligent being then I'd imagine I'd have a reason to time travel to any specific point. But perhaps its just for shits. In which case I'd probably try to troll a larger web community if that was what I had my heart set on. I'd do something that couldn't be explained away by current technology scripting.
>>
>>19125661
>implying time exists
Time is something we invented to keep track of the movement and changes in matter. There is no past or future, or 4th dimension or whatever, only the present.
>>
File: 1496963755832.jpg (1MB, 867x6091px) Image search: [Google]
1496963755832.jpg
1MB, 867x6091px
>>19125661
>>
>>19125672
>>19125712
don't listen to this guy, time travel has nothing to do with your soul's integrity. It's a natural function built into the system and based on mathematics.
>>
>>19126117
I hope you are trying to say that the present is the only time you have real power, because Time does exist, it's been proven, by science. There is no question in anyone's mind that Time is in fact a thing.
>>
>>19126390
Link to said proof?
>>
>>19125661
About a week ago, we were in Daytona at a water park. My cousin and I were dicking around in the arcade playing Guitar Hero when we decided to go on something that required shoes. My brother went out to the bar to have a few drinks and met some guy who was sat there for several hours, didn't speak to anyone until my brother came up.

This guy claims to be the next president, and that my brother will be in his cabinet. He, Ezekiel, literally sat at a bar for hours waiting for someone he'd never met before. I'm convinced that either he's some lunatic or a time traveler.

Weirdest of all is my brother says Ezekiel and I look alike. It's really weird. It may not be impossible I met myself from the future. I don't see much in the way of evidence of a time paradox.
>>
>>19126598
Special relativity
>>
>>19125661
>Is time the 4th dimension, waiting to be solved, or do you think of it as dimension 0, a static constant in the universe?
If we have to talk about time travel, we have to discuss time as a fourth dimension (in addition to the usual three). Otherwise we'll get nowhere.

But yeah, I've been thinking a lot about what would be required for navigation. Accurate prediction of the location of celestial objects so you can travel without getting stuck in a rock or up in space, airtight seals also in case of such a problem (as well as dealing with displacement of matter on your arrival, as either you'll fuse with the surrounding air/matter or need to push it out), and most importantly... navigational measurements. "2017" is not a viable point in time. You'd need a whole new unit of measurement, and gauge purely from the distance between your ship and your destination (counting down along the axes as you approach). Though obviously the onboard computer could be made to calculate that, and you could probably program in several calendars and clocks to approximate the local time for personal comfort.

Still, there's a problem with language and disease if you head too far out of home range. But honestly, I wish I was more creative and logical so I could think more about the actual process itself. Safety is great, but if we don't know how to actually do it, it's all pointless wanking.
>>
The way we perceive the 4th dimension is through time. That doesn't mean the 4th dimension 'is' time. Because of the way dimensions work, an object projected from a higher dimension onto the dimension one lower will look like a cross-section of the object undergoing several transformations that are basically shadows of the object at various points. So like, if you project a pyramid onto 2D space, it will look like a triangle that gets smaller until it becomes just a single point. In the same way, if you project a 4D pyramid onto 3d space, it will look like a 3D object undergoing transformations that represent the various 3D 'shadows' of the 4D object. Now, because we can only see the objects through these transformations, we have to add in the element of time to understand them (Just like if we were 2D beings observing a pyramid). That doesn't mean that the 4th dimension IS time, just that we perceive it as taking time, based on the way we see things. If we were 2-dimensional, we would see the third dimension as time. It's just a higher level of space.
>>
>>19126390
Did you mean to say that entropy is a thing?
>>
>>19126390
You are confusing the misuration of time and time itself. Currently we are able to tell how much distance there is between casually correlated events using Einstein's general relativity (go look at the modified galileo's formula). In the function time is bond to space, but we still don't know what time really is. We can just measure it. Same goes, for example, with gravity. We can measure the effects it has on other objects, and we know it is caused by the mass of objects that curve the space-time, but we don't know effectively what gravity phisically is
>>
>>19126964
*Causally correlated events
>>
>>19126629

do you have any aspirations for politics? what about your brother? are either of you in any position to start a political career? If its no on any account then its basically impossible that either of you would be sitting on the white house cabinet or becoming pres yourself in at most eight years.
>>
"time travel" is already available for everyone. But only for the person having the reality experience... you can't time travel, but i can. But (You) can do it when I can't. Get it? As for how to do it, just remember. Have a strong intent. Dabble in lucid dreaming/AP can be good exercise. Meditate.
>>
>>19127121

Is your implication that we're in a brain int the jar type setting and you're the brain/user/whatever you like to call it?

Or is it that only the subject attempting time travel will be the one traveling through time. cuz...well......yeah....
>>
>>19127310
I believe that's what they're trying to say.

I know reddit is frowned upon on the chans but I'd check out https://www.reddit.com/r/DimensionalJumping/
>>
>>19127349

thanks anon, in the pursuit of knowledge, all resources are valuable!
>>
>>19125661
Time is linear, you can only go forward. Theoretically though, if you can travel at a fast enough speed your aging will slow while the universe around you progresses normally. Meaning you can potentially travel into the future using time dilation. Ignore any who say you can go back, this is impossible and brings up all sorts of paradoxes
>>
File: tree-japanese-.jpg (52KB, 360x239px) Image search: [Google]
tree-japanese-.jpg
52KB, 360x239px
>>19125731
it's not a theory. it is destroyed. by the way, most souls get destroyed.
>>19126382
> It's a natural function built into the system and based on mathematics.
wrong
>>19126735
I hate this thought tool. Time is not a dimension, and it confuses people when everyone tries to use that analogy.

only spirit beings can time travel. Here is the problem though. Every if you understood them, they have nothing you need, and you have nothing they need
>>
>>19125661
Pre-sentiment AKA pre-feeling so is time emotional?
http://lkm.fri.uni-lj.si/xaigor/slo/znanclanki/Bierman.pdf
>>
Time travel into the future is confirmed possible. If you approach the speed of light time will slow down for you, so spending a year at that speed would cause the amount of time on earth to be much longer.

Dense objects also cause this effect, so time is slightly slower on Jupiter then it is on earth. And significantly so if you were orbiting a black hole.

Time travel in reverse, not so much. I wonder what would happen if you tried to move a distance of less then a planck.
>>
>>19125661
>>19125661
my new wallpaper btw
>>
File: bttfii_2.jpg (35KB, 616x377px) Image search: [Google]
bttfii_2.jpg
35KB, 616x377px
>>19128369
I don't mean "dimension" as a spatial dimension, but merely that it is a method of measurement from one point to another (in this case, points in time).

What makes you think that "only spirit beings can time travel" though? In what sense is that different from memory or expectation? In what sense is that even travel? What beings are these?
>>
File: DSC_0018 japana.jpg (193KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0018 japana.jpg
193KB, 1024x685px
>>19128538
>What beings are these?
Shades that became spirits
great shades become great spirits and somethings things from older planes.
>What makes you think that "only spirit beings can time travel"
I didn't apprentice the temple master for nothing. You start to see.
>In what sense is that even travel?
in the usual sense time travel is meant, lets not be pedantic.
>>
>>19128583
*sometimes
>>
>>19125661
Time is relative. We know this for a fact. Specifically time is relative to motion. Imagine everyone and everything froze in their tracks, time has stopped. All those "freeze time and fuck everything" fantasy's were backwards. Time does not dictate motion, motion dictates time.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.