[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spiritual appropriation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: natreligion.jpg (84KB, 615x351px) Image search: [Google]
natreligion.jpg
84KB, 615x351px
Do white people need to stick to white spiritual practices instead of appropriating ones from indigenous peoples they do not, cannot, and are forbidden from understanding and practising?
>>
>>19125197
Capitalism
>>
File: 1462740083624.jpg (38KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1462740083624.jpg
38KB, 500x436px
>>19125197

Oh.

It's one of you.

cultural manipulation > cultural appropriation
>>
Whites need to stick to Christianity
>>
we'll eventually stop bickering about this and start exchanging ideas again.

It has happened many times before throughout history as cultures merge and take belief systems to implement them into their own cultures.

Always looking for the best magic, healing, philosophies, knowledge and metaphorical blueprints.

on and off again.
another cycle
>>
>>19125197
No dumbass. I'm Japanese and don't care if you want to get into Shinto. Go be a SJW somewhere else.
>>
>>19125197
Connection to your own ethnicity's magical and theological history is best. Paganism as a grouping is a bit of a misnomer and the genetic memory, family history, land/soil connection is the bigger advantage over Abrahamic faiths, which are not particularly white anyway. But if a white person is drawn to buddhism or hinduism, there is no reason to avoid them. You may have in a past life been of those cultures, and some theories suggest those religions were 'aryan' anyway. Only problem comes if you start trying to imitate the people racially who are part of the religion--some 70s hindu white hippies would try to look Indian and all.
>>
>>19125197
We are in such a good cultural position that we can cherry pick things that we like from other cultures. Nothing wrong with that. Its not like we're stealing their ideas. By that accord, anyone who's ever done a spiritual practice ever has stolen someone else's idea. How else do you think information gets spread?
>>
>>19125197
Oh my god fuck off faggot.

Sage and report this shit newfags.
>>
File: caesarseat.png (160KB, 800x709px) Image search: [Google]
caesarseat.png
160KB, 800x709px
>>19125432
>No dumbass. I'm Japanese and don't care if you want to get into Shinto. Go be a SJW somewhere else.

I'm white as white...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNnUxmiDLU
>>
>>19125399

christianity isn't even a white religion, no abrahamic faith is
>>
>>19125822

Take your meds
>>
>>19125781

i don't understand people who practice paganism without experiencing a calling first to be honest

i don't understand practicing anything without having experiences guide you towards it first though at all to be fair

seems strange to me to practice and believe before experiencing
>>
It's only a problem when you get people saying:

> "yeah man, I'm a genuine native shaman ,I was taught by [shitting bull]"
*Pushes you into Carbon monoxide filled ""sweat lodge""*
>"That'll be $3000"
>>
File: elisalam7.jpg (529KB, 1199x876px) Image search: [Google]
elisalam7.jpg
529KB, 1199x876px
>>19125854
>Take your meds

Stop shitposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POBENWMOK_Q
>>
>>19125866

I'm with him, take your meds.
>>
>>19125866

*Schizoposts*

You legit have a mental illness lmao
>>
File: impcomm3.png (261KB, 922x663px) Image search: [Google]
impcomm3.png
261KB, 922x663px
>>19125874
>You legit have a mental illness lmao
>>19125872
>I'm with him, take your meds.

Whatever you say - facts is facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jge8bf8WKI
>>
>>19125928

>[schizoposting intensifies]
>>
File: japanquake2.jpg (223KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
japanquake2.jpg
223KB, 1440x900px
>>19125949
>>[schizoposting intensifies]

Denial never changed facts. You want to live in lala land - go for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19nbkhvvsqg
>>
File: 1383463769803.jpg (42KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1383463769803.jpg
42KB, 384x288px
>>19125961

>You want to live in lala land - go for it...

I won't be clicking those links then you dumb schizo thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>19125432
I'm more into tenriism
>>
>>19125197
No. Also OP is a faggot.
>>
File: retar.jpg (53KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
retar.jpg
53KB, 600x437px
>>19125974
>I won't be clicking those links then you dumb schizo thanks for the heads up.

Ok, no skin off my teeth.

What precisely is it about me that bugs you so much that you feel the need to announce to everyone that you are not reading my posts?

Is it that my posts ring true? I mean - there's lots of people who post here who don't have people who spend all their time going through replying to their posts "I'm not going to read your post!"
>>
>>19125197
spirituality transends culture, and ethnic differences. if it didnt, it wouldnt truly be spiritual.

if there is a life force, it dousnt care where you come from, or what you look like.
>>
>>19125197
why would a spiritual person of wizdom, care about such petty things.

locking practices down, by narrow minded ways like this.

this is the polar oposite of growth, this is how spiritual teaching dies out, this is how the flame goes out.

it defeats the meaning of ever bothering to start the religion to begin with.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.