[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A creepy nearby cult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

Hello /x/ it's nice to finally post on this board for the first time. I wanted to tell you guys about a cult that lives about 50 mins from me and what I've heard about them.

I live in Lake county California and there is a cult known as the Buddha Maitreya. They live on the top of a local mountain called Cobb mountain and they live in dome homes surrounding a pyramid.

Well, the leader claims to be a reincarnation of Buddha and I've met one of his 30 daughters, she thinks its all bullshit.

I heard that in the 70's they got raided by the police because they were trying to heal a 12 year old girl by sticking crystals in her vagina.

My dad was a deputy in this county and once responded to a call at their compound, they wouldn't let him in until they locked everything up so he couldn't investigate. They would never issue a warrant.

https://www.shambhalahealingtools.com/Buddha-Maitreya-Shambhala-Monastery-s/41665.htm
thats a website to get more info.

so /X/ any thoughts?
>>
>>19123992
>Holy mountain
>>
>>19123994
it is a very cool mountain with many hangout spots that are so beautiful. Its burned to shit from the Valley Fire though. I wouldn't call it holy..
>>
File: 1378104612708s.jpg (6KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1378104612708s.jpg
6KB, 250x140px
Also /x/ I'm heading deep innawoods tonight. I'm bringing my camera to record everything. I hope we see something coo.
>>
>>19123992
religion is one of the optimal strategies for individual male reproduction. if you can start a religion it will always look like a cult during your lifetime. a spiritual leader can bang out every woman he converts.

it seems to be a competing strategy to war. a warlord convinces a lot of men to fight for him, and then takes a lot of women and spreads his seed by forceful conquest, im looking at you mongolia.

this probably explains why women don't start religions or wars, they don't particularly need to find 100 guys, just 1 good guy. basically monogamy is an optimal female strategy. ironic that the feminist movement destroyed family values and reduced the sexual and reproductive security of women to where they are being outbred by non-feminists.

i can only assume that feminism itself was a scatter shot strategy by men to maximise their chances at impregnating women with no effort (no religion or war required). i think these guys might be a CIA experimental habitat experiment, where the US government is trying to invent a new religion or ideology to replace the current one.
>>
This can't be the real maitreya we all know he has a twin flame
>>
>>19124206
I don't know anything about a twin flame. but this is the real deal, they are crazy
>>
>>19124228
Does he have disciples?
>>
>>19124249
do you mean followers, if so, than yes.
>>
File: Cobb Mountain.jpg (106KB, 1440x770px) Image search: [Google]
Cobb Mountain.jpg
106KB, 1440x770px
>>19123992
>Cobb mountain

Looked up the region out of curiosity

https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B048'26.7%22N+122%C2%B044'26.0%22W/@38.8120367,-122.7492797,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.807405!4d-122.740546?hl=en
>>
Friendly reminder to everyone, watch for actual miracles from prophets. Real prophets are capable. They may not be willing to produce them on demand, they may not even be ABLE to produce them on demand, but they'll bloody well use them often. The sign of power is POWER.
>>
>>19124365
>https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B048'26.7%22N+122%C2%B044'26.0%22W/@38.8120367,-122.7492797,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.807405!4d-122.740546?hl=en
Thats cobb
>>
cult cult cult.

bad mishmash of Hinduism with Tibetan Buddhism, wrapped up in Native American garb.

Bad joojoo, anon.

avoid like the plague.
>>
File: rsz_miroku_smtiv_final.png (119KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_miroku_smtiv_final.png
119KB, 349x349px
>>19123992
Maitreya man titties,
seriously though. Anyone wanting to call themselves a great leader of sorts out of nowhere is trying to pull some shady shit.

Don't even try to imagine what horror must go on in there.
How many people did they rip off or sell into slavery to get the money for such a complex and land?
>>
>>19124123
Follow up? Photos?
>>
>>19123992
>Buddha
>Maitreya
>Shambhala

When syncretism goes full retard...
>>
>>19123992
When I was younger I ran away to cali with some friends and went to the Krishna temple cause they gave out free food. Those guys seemed creepy and weird so I stopped going. Some of the group kept going until their "vegan" food gave someone a severe food allergy (someone not in the group) they said Krishna blessed it so it's vegan and they will be healed by Krishna. Is harri Krishna some sort of cult?
>>
>>19123992
I've got a cult down the road from me, they worship cats as otherworldly beings, praise at dusk and Dawn, feeding the cats better and before their children, no outside contact, they're called Evas eden
http://www.nashvillescene.com/news/cover-story/article/20832859/how-an-endtimes-cult-that-believes-cats-are-divine-beings-ended-up-in-tennessee
They literally have a compound ~5-10 minutes away, and like any legit cult, they scrub photos of ex-members
>Pic related
>>
>>19126248
Girlfriend got sick last night i'm postponing the exploration.
>>
OP here, I will be going innawoods soon. I am preparing to go deep and hoping to experience some cool shit. Ill let you guys know when i'm doing it and ill post all my good footage after too.

also, roll tripps and ill go take pictures of the cults temples and see when happens if they see me.
>>
Op here, roll trippps separate and ill go on a hike trough my local Indian reservation, creepy shit has happened there.
>>
File: 1471819649787.jpg (90KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
1471819649787.jpg
90KB, 951x840px
>>19123992

>they were trying to heal a 12 year old girl by sticking crystals in her vagina.
>>
>>19127932
I know, it was some crazy shit. They have crystals everywhere.
>>
>>19127948
It's OP I'm just posting from my phone, so it's a different name. Fixed
>>
>>19124188
Go back on your meds and quit listening to Alex Jones.
>>
good luck
>>
crystals, piramids, buddha...they for sure are listening tool music and taking acid...
>>
>>19126503
The leader literally refers to the group as a cult.
>>
>>19127892
my local tribe believes in Bear Doctors. they are the Pomo tribe. heres a link to read about them ,they are allowed to kill up to 4 people per year.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/ca/pbd/pbd04.htm#page_454
>>
>>19126380
>syncretism

is this a new meme word?
>>
>>19128230
All language is a meme, but no - this is old memery. Syncretism is basically synthesis without thesis and antithesis. Or to put it more directly:
>the attempted reconciliation or union of different or opposing principles, practices, or parties, as in philosophy or religion

Basically, if you're sitting in a mosque chanting AUM to Buddha on a crucifix - you are a horrible mess of syncretism.
>>
>>19129665
Or practicing chaos magic...
>>
Isn't Shambhala the place Nathan Drake goes to in Uncharted 2?
>>
Why does my crotch smell like rotisserie chicken after rubbing for a while?
>>
>>19129919
bad diet, eat less meat and more vegtables, also was your dick you stinky gentile
>>
>>19129684
This

It's how I practice my chaos magic, trust me I'm a lawyer.
>>
>>19126503
Weird. Never heard of this. 615 Franklin/Brentwood here.

I love dogs so maybe I should bring mine over.
>>
>>19129684
>>19130325
The difference is intent and knowledge.

Or at least it SHOULD be the difference...
>>
>>19124863
Man I love smt4A
>>
>>19128017
https://youtu.be/xt544bCPqAw
probably something more like this and go to all the music festivals in the area
>>
Kill their leader, he is an enemy to mankind.
>Ronald Lloyd Spencer’s “Church of Shambala,” which has been called a “cult,” sponsored seven monks to make the journey to America. However, it seems when the monks refused to recognize Spencer as the reincarnation of “Buddha” the church “abruptly withdrew its support, their religious visas were revoked and a dozen immigration officers in riot gear showed up to arrest them…”
https://cultnews.com/2006/03/buddha-busted/
>>
OP here, tonight im going innawoods. ill post a picture of my gear tonight. and you will all get updates late tonight or tomorrow morning. ill take lots of pics and video.
>>
>>19126501
Yes, it is a cult, they actually woship Pradhupada and are quite active in taking neophytes away from their familes and freiends (and any source of viewpoint differing from their own) by telling new members they HAVE TO preach and beg on the streets in another city. Their low-protein diet is designed to stave your neural tissues and make you more docile too.
Furthermore, their texts describe all nonmembers as demons, and even go so far (in "Bhagavad-Gita, As It Is", CH 18) to call Siva and Vishnu demons as well. Stay away.
>>
>>19126501
lol Kali.
I just fucking got that
>>19130396
just remember to attack the cultists not the animals please :)
the animals have literally no force over what is going on.
>>
>>19123992
>is spooked out from wierd fucks
>remembers that there is some service that /k/ offers
>look through files to find it
>find it
>call 1-800-OPERATE
>person picks up
>da?
>theres thi-
>we come
>yeah bu-
>WE COME
>click
>turn on the news the next day
>find out their camp was raided by multiple obese people wielding surplus military weapons and horse masks
Realise that /k/ is the protector of mankind
>>
>>19123992
Better bring a gun and timestamp bitch
>>
>>19134248
Bring a gun and time stamp for what??
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.