[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/, why does existence exist? Why is there something instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 3dcube.gif (2MB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
3dcube.gif
2MB, 350x227px
Hi /x/,

why does existence exist? Why is there something instead of nothing? Has philosophy or 4chan answered these questions. Are they even valid questions?

Thank you.
>>
to shitpost on a chinese cartoon message board
>>
>>19123986
Existence vs. non existence is the ultimate dichotomy. Non existence, in its actual definition, does not and will never exist. A void or emptiness in thought exists as a concept, true nothingness would require your mind to never exist. Instead, what you would argue against is a thoughform and cannot be true nonexistence. It is my idea that the true one is possible because we are here instead of not. Look up Taoism
>>
>>19124007
To shitpost on a Pekingese dog recipe board
>>
We exist to experience.
>>
I believe unfortunately that you and I have existed for a very long time, this moment has happened too many times to count, its a constant,
>>
>>19124019
This.

Consider the fact that if existence didn't exist then you questioning why existence exists wouldn't exist either.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 245x206px
>>19123986
'Why' seems to be the most popular word of all time. Most often it is used by beings who do not know what it is, they don't know, but they realize they miss a piece of the puzzle.
When more pieces are missing of the same puzzle the answer does not have to be a correct one to satisfy the urge of finding. All that is required is a piece that could be fitting in with the rest of the puzzle.

This leads to multiple possibilities.

A. The puzzle so far is a collection of pieces that will never fitt together, because a certain portion of it is just wrong.

B. The puzzle starts to give shape and therefor pieces that do not belong can be removed to make place for pieces to seem to be a better fit.

C. The puzzle has no need to be solved. Sometimes one does not see it as a puzzle. They use the word 'why' out of mere habit. They do have a question, but are not planning on using that information in a broader sense.

A child might ask where babies come. It's not planning to get itself a baby or tries to find the meaning of life. It simply would like an answer on the question: 'wtf is this new baby doing here sucking on my tits, drinking my milk and does my mother reacts when it cries?'. Whatever answer you give, the child will react with 'why?'.
The answer :' Because it makes mommy sad if she doesn't. ' is the correct one. But no parent will say that.
Why?

What do you wish to gain from the answer on the existence of existence?
What will change if you did know?
Why is it so important to you?
>>
>>19123986
It doesn't have reason you fucking retard, stop thinking about things outside of your iq level.
>>
"Nothing" can't exist, it's just our logical idea for an absence of something, it's not really some metaphysical thing. When thinking of (non)existence, completely forget about nothing and nothingness, that might let you see things differently.
The existence is everything anyone ever thought of, everywhere at the same time, infinity. No matter what you ask and answer, more questions arise and there is no end to it. Our brain is designed primarily to deal with survival, knowledge is a subjective approximation. Why even ask why?
>>
Think about the simulation hypothesis.
now, every simulation in a computer is just using pure math to calculate what would happen.
So, if there is a math function that describes this world(and there are infinite math functions),then this world is nothing but abstract world in which we gained self awareness.
>>
>>19125904
The computers that run the simulations would have to be nothing like we can imagine. Replace 'math functions' with our fundamental 'laws of physics', the 'computer' with our material universe, whoever supposedly created those computers with 'god' and you have the same thing, it's just semantics. What is the reality the computers exist at like and what is beyond it? It doesn't answer anything or pose any thought provoking questions, completely dull, unimaginative and narrow minded.
>>
You're only going to get retards trying to explain the big bang and ramble about their shifty understandings of "how the universe works"

The fact is that nobody will understand really "why does existence exist" until they've even briefly FELT that question via experience. Its totally different. Existence has little to do with the laws of nature or when it started and how because it doesn't answer why?(which is very different from how)

Nobody will ever know why existence exists. It's best to just say "because"
>>
>>19123986
Because countenanve beheld countenance. Once you recognized nothing it becomes something.
>>
>>19123986
Existence exists so it can be existence. Existence without existence is nothing.
>>
There was a very small but non-zero chance of existence being created from the void.

Over an infinite timeline, EVERY event with a greater than 0 chance WILL happen.

Trillions of years of non-existence would not appear to be anything because there would have been no sources of perception during it.
>>
>>19123986
Why even care about a retarded question like that? Is your life gonna be somehow better if you find the answer?

Babbys first day of philosophy huh
>>
>>19125514
>What do you wish to gain from the answer on the existence of existence?
>What will change if you did know?
>Why is it so important to you?

This anon gets it. My answer is "I don't know and that's OK."
>>
File: hw8.jpg (447KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
hw8.jpg
447KB, 1500x2100px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.