[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do any of you have a rare blood type? AB+ or any of the negatives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: blood.jpg (44KB, 568x312px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
44KB, 568x312px
do any of you have a rare blood type? AB+ or any of the negatives?
>>
>>19121056
I have AB+, what about it?
>>
>>19121056
>>19121087
AB is a horrible blood type to have. It's associated with a ton of health issues. Some examples:

1. Blood type AB may increase your risk for cognitive impairment, shows research from the journalNeurology. "We know blood type AB is related to levels of certain clotting factors and to proteins in the blood," says study coauthor Mary Cushman, MD, a professor of medicine and pathology at the University of Vermont

2. More bad news if you're blood type AB: Your risk for stomach cancer is roughly 26% higher than if you had blood type B or O, concludes a study from theAmerican Journal of Epidemiology.

3. According to research from the Harvard School of Public Health people with blood types AB and B were at the greatest risk for heart disease, the study data show.

Overall, the best blood type is O+ as it has the least health issues.
>>
>>19121094
Yes? But life on this plane ends anyway someday, i have fully accepted that fact, and besides if i don't fulfill my role here, i will simply reincarnate.
This human life is but a blink of an eye in the big picture.
>>
O negative here, is something wrong? or am i DNA blessed?
>>
>>19121121
you're a universal donor, which means every other human on the planet can accept your blood in their veins. sadly if you ever need a blood transfusion you're in trouble, because you can only accept your own type.

O- is 5-10% in european countries, 0.1%-1% in asian countries.

what do you know about your parents, their origin, grandparents? negative is recessive, so you're likely to find more negatives in your ancestry.

>>19121087
think this just means you likely have asian and european admixture, possibly due to mongolian expansion. or vice versa, you are of asian origin with some european blood.

Blood is fascinating, because it really tells the story of human origins much better than race or physical features. O blood is the oldest, then A, then B, then AB (which is only about 1000 years old).

and negative blood is rare. so there might be some selective breeding down the line, a lot of european royalty has negative blood types.
>>
A+ commonblood reporting in
>>
>>19121056
O-negative here. Probably 15% Ayyy
>>
>>19121056
Is O- considered rare?
if so, yeah.
>>
>>19121087
i shouldve added that you're the opposite of O- anon, as a universal recipient a literal a vampire. nobody except another AB+ can accept your blood.
>>
>>19121282
i am from South America anon, parents both +, i am also colour blinded as both of my grandfathers. am i an alien? tell me tha true!
>>
oh also another thing to tell you, grandpa was from Europe.
>>
I'm -O as well, and most ancestors were european (say 5 generations before me).
>>
File: basque.jpg (111KB, 1280x651px) Image search: [Google]
basque.jpg
111KB, 1280x651px
>>19121299
O type is very common in south america (hile 85% peru 70%, mexico 55%, bolivia 51%), what's also interesting is that mongolia and egypt also has a majority of O type.

the colour blind thing really hurts you in a jungle or dark forest because seeing blood among green is an adaptation for chasing wounded animals on foot through heavy undergrowth. you do better on a mountain, a tundra, prairelands, some setting where you're a nomad or pastoral herder. how is your glare resistance and long distance vision? colour impairment gives you advantage in discerning khaki shades. so your original people either had to navigate a wasteland or a tundra. an environment without a lot of green/red contrast.

this analysis applies to all O- people. original humans are O. later A and B mutations occur due to expansion into colder climates that thawed and adaptation to dietary changes and elevation. you find still a lot of B+ among the collective himalayan people. but not so much say in peru or chile, this suggests to me that the present day people of south america moved into the mountainous regions from south and north, or the more mountainous people were displaced.

another strange people isolated from the rest of human history are the basques, who share your high O- distribution (and high negative distribution in general, which is odd). their language is older than any of the other european ones. note in the map, they started in spain but spread out to south america with the spanish conquest and colonies.

maybe going back home? an irresistible pull to a more ancient past? O- and south american could mean you are basque and far older than say rome, greece, egypt. this clears up my confusion about the colour blindness and O type however, ask your grandparents if they know what Basque is.

the real distinction is between A and B. two A parents can have an O baby but never a B baby. two B parents can have an O baby but never an A baby. two O parents always make an O baby.
>>
>>19121282
Im sorry but I HAVE to correct this.

O negative is the universal RED CELL DONOR

AB positive is the universal RED CELL RECIPIENT

AB positive is the UNIVERSAL PLASMA DONOR

O negative is the universal PLASMA RECEIVER

Pls learn your shit before spreading false information
>source: medical laboratory technician. I prepare transfusions and shit
>>
>>19121504
Wait nvm got post numbers confused you knew what you were talking about sorry m8
>>
File: t3_6aywfe.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
t3_6aywfe.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>19121486
>original humans are O. later A and B mutations occur due to expansion into colder climates

Wrong.

A is the oldest blood type. Studies in humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos show that alleles coding for blood type A are the most ancient version of the ABO blood group. This trait was shared prior to the evolutionary split between chimpanzees and hominids five to six million years ago. B blood type split from A about 3.5 million years ago and O blood type split from A about 2.5 million years ago.
>>
>>19121094
AB+ and can confirm the clotting thing. Nearly died of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism already.
>>
I'm an O-
>>
>>19121094
what about A?
>>
>>19121518
orly, so A is the oldest and blood types are millions of years old. interesting, guess i was incorrect. are they distributed differently across human populations only because of disease? if we cure disease and raise the living standards worldwide, will the blood types normalize?

>>19121512
what's your personal opinion on the significance of blood? there are a lot of traditions, myths and cultural references all around the world dealing with blood. the idea of two people cutting and sharing their blood, blood rites, blood sacrifices, blood of kings, holy blood, blood rejuvenation. should we look at all of these stories as allegories?

it's interesting to me that science is slowly replacing the need for anything except more science. you don't really need to believe in anything in this modern world, eventually the religions of capitalism and consumerism will be replaced by some type of robot or machine that will just control world economic affairs so we can focus on doing other things.

but most of those other things developed because a lack of scientific understanding. food, singing, music, dancing, all art and culture is derived from a shared mythology which is completely unnecessary and can be replaced by rational thought and inquiry. what a bleak and sterile world the future centuries will become, where people have their food blocks and direct happiness beamed into their brains. the act of discovery itself will be an undertaking of machines studying universal patterns and applying them in new patterns to form inventions, with humans just existing like pet cats. im surprised nobody is speaking out against this, it seems that there was no vote or choice or decision made, just an inevitable extinction when all diseases are cured, the human brain is deconstructed and artificial intelligence takes control. 20th century scientists invent nuclear weapons, surely this will destroy mankind. 21st century scientists invent artificial brains, challenge accepted.
>>
O-neg. I have a feeling that you'll find many on this board.
>>
>>19122276
Blood is important, but I do not have any answers as to how significant it is. Our bodies in general are very mysterious, i mean hell "science" just discovered not even 2 years ago that lymphatic vessels extend up into our brains. The implications for this alone are astounding.

It is a scary thought, the world you are painting. I think we are heading that direction (seemingly) because most people don't see it as a problem yet. Once it is impossible to ignore, I could see a significant backlash against all this technology invading our lives. We will strike a balance eventually. No worries man :) i know it looks bleak now... but it wont be that way forever.
>>
>>19122320
Also a o- I read that they have latent magic. And most of the abductees are o-
And reptilian ones in general are very interested in the blood admixture
>>
>>19121056
AB negativ superrare Masterrace repoting in. What do i win?
>>
>>19122364
you win another needle in your arm to steal your precious blood juice
>>
Boring old 0+ here.
Both parents 0+

Am I a blood normie?
>>
>>19122364
>>19122457
I don't know why people associate "rare" with good when the most common blood type is actually the healthiest one. Read this: >>19121094

I mean autism is pretty rare too and doesn't make you masterrace.
>>
>>19121486
Yes they know my dear anon, they from there.. ohh this is getting interesting. I see very good in long distance but no so good in close distance, thanks for the info.
>>
>>19121056
A- here, why do you want to know?
>>
>>19121056
A-
I didn't know negative blood types were rare.
>>
>>19121282

>this just means you likely have asian and european admixture, possibly due to mongolian expansion. or vice versa, you are of asian origin with some european blood.

A and B are just antigen mutations that can theoretically happen to any person. They exist in small native numbers among all populations and trying to infer this as a result of asian admixture is foolish. Especially considering the earliest recorded, most dense areas of group B are found in west asia and held by Caucasians.

There is no proof of significant Mongolian admixture outside of Mongolia or its close proximity, haplogroup and rdna shows this. Stop spreading memes and please at least educate yourself before staring threads like these.
>>
>>19122828
No, read >>19121518
>>
>>19122828

Also I forgot to mention

>Blood is fascinating, because it really tells the story of human origins much better than race or physical features.

Type O+ is the default blood type of non mutated humans so any form of trying to trace ethnology through blood type is quite littleraly the most retarded shit you could ever say.

Some types of mutations exist in higher frequency within certain groups. But all this really tells us is that Eurasia(and specifically Europeans) have more evolved blood.
>>
>>19121518

A being the oldest blood type only holds true if you presuppose that all humans developed similarly, at the same pace, in the same areas these species were prevalent or even from the same exact sort of ancestors. Even if what you say was the case, the pre hominids would have had to develop it themselves. So the oldest blood type is still O, just not for the modern form of human per say.

Either way I have never heard this before, do you have any studies I can read about this, how recent were the findings?
>>
O- and my blood shouldn't be possible given my parents' blood types even though DNA proves I'm their child.

Am I an alium?
>>
>>19123456
interesting. do you have any powers?

>>19122828
>no significant Mongolian admixture

what about the huns and the khans? finland and hungary show traces of asian mixture no?
>>
>>19121056
I'm O-, which is pretty neat. I don't give blood though. I need all that shit for myself.
>>
>>19121285
Ayy me too waddup bitches
>>
-O type here, South American mom, Portuguese dad
>>
Is O- rare?
>>
>>19121056
Blue blooded O- psychic here.
>>
Ab+ reporting.

Found out through military, so that's cool. Have an identical twin, but no major health problems yet. Also no supernatural powers either..
>>
Also O- here. Interesting that a supposed rare type is the majority here. Do blood banks hound you guys like crack fiends too? I mean I know I should donate more but the constant calls get annoying.
>>
>>19124140
That is cause both Fins and Hungarians migrated from the Urals.
Mongols didnt even go to Finland.
>>
>>19124730
I think people with common blood dont feel like posting their type.
>>
O+ and I donate plasma once a fortnight. (Although I haven't lately due to illness)
>>
>>19121056
AB+ here. Vampire masterrace ftw.
>>
>>19124883
>>19124730

This. Could also be that this kind of thread is more interesting to people with rare blood types.
Note that OP specifically asked about rare blood types - AB+ or any of the negatives.

I'm one of the o- posters from earlier chiming back in.
>>
File: 183949506882.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
183949506882.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
DVT and PE anon again. If any of you AB+ people here start experiencing leg cramps and swelling for no reason and severe shortness of breath, get someone to drive you to the hospital right the fuck away. You don't want to deal with this shit.
>>
B- here. Just curious, how much trouble could it cause me?
>>
>>19121056
Mine is 5% alcohol
>>
File: 1495883612407.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495883612407.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>19125110
>>
I've got AB+. Found out when donating blood. They put a sticker on my ID card so now I've got a pretty nice conversation starter. Also I'd like to tell you all to donate blood once every year. I don't think any country in the world could say they have more than enough blood supply so you should try to help your country men. I first donated because a kid in my school suffered an accident. It feels like you're saving lives. It's the least you could do and you do it by your terms only. It's just 450ml every 12 months, don't be greedy especially if it's rare blood like mine.
>>
>>19124140
ESP. I can reach into a box of labeled paper slips and get #1. I think of a cop passing and a cop passes. I think of my dad and he gives me a call immediately. Shit like that. I also have some minor control over my surroundings -- things like pushing smoke away from me at a campfire, blowing out lightbulbs, etc.
>>
What do you guys know about rh-
>>
>>19123456
>Am I an alium?

No. It's a natural, but rare occurrence.
>>
>>19121056
im going crazy with all this blood types, i am o neg. Do you think blood types affects personality in someway?
>>
AB+ reporting in from hueland

if i'm not mistaken B is the most common blood type in brazil, followed by A, then O and AB sitting as the most rare by a pretty large margin. No idea about rh type though.
>>
File: SAC.jpg (26KB, 498x390px) Image search: [Google]
SAC.jpg
26KB, 498x390px
Dis Vampire tread?
>>
File: Haplogroup_R1b_World.png (176KB, 2133x1245px) Image search: [Google]
Haplogroup_R1b_World.png
176KB, 2133x1245px
>>19124140

No, most of the similarities shown by genetic studies aren't a result of direct admixture. All dna tests show you are genes you have in common with specific groups in specific areas of the MODERN DAY. It doesn't mean you littleraly have an asian ancestor if you score 5% or so.

Perfect example is the reason many whites score 1% black or so on dna tests is because a tribe of r1b that migrated through and settled parts of africa. Even though they were mixed out of recognition and to the point of virtually having little similarities with modern day Europeans. It is still shown on your dna test because you share a common ancestor and NOT admixture.

Another reasons is similar environmental pressures certain groups went through that causes them to share traits. Many Finns have epicanthic folds like east asians but there is no documented evidence of east asian settlement/migration there.

It's simply people misinterpreting what they don't understand + historical memes with no merit.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.