[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wind up torch receiving radio signals???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: unknown.png (498KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
498KB, 1360x768px
As the video description says. My nephew was winding up the wind up torch and for some reason we got a radio station signal. There is no radio in the house, we're all just really confused and curious as to why this happened. We have tried recreating the circumstances but to no avail as of yet it seems like an anomaly. We're all just really confused as to what happened, is this some kind of glitch in the matrix shit or what? Can some radio expert tell me what's up?
>>
Shit, forgot to post link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L7qWS8lIwQ
>>
>>19120654
did u tried checking out the toy. where r u located?
>>
Yeah we've looked at it, it's just a regular wind up torch used for camping, it seems to have no radio components and it is a bit on the broken side, not holding charge anymore and only lighting up whilst it is being wound up. We're in Australia so there are only a few radio stations anyway.
>>
Open it up, a lot of those torches are also sold as am radios. They're cheap housings, might have some radio stuff in it. Also there's radio signals fucking everywhere on am frequencies.
>>
>>19120680
anyone living nearby, (neighbours?)maybe someone had emited a certain frequency that has something to do with air movemments, maybe a quick google will find exampels
>>
>>19120653
could u understand what the radio says?
sounds gibberish to me in vid
>>
>>19120698
It's kind of gibberish but it sounded like a news station or something. Also >>19120696 nobody lives close enough and we've googled but found no similair stories or results. Also it hasn't done this since so we're just kind of stumped on what happened.
>>
>>19120705
Then maybe stop giving a fuck about it. Science does strange stuff.
>>
>>19120653
So not only do you call it a "torch", you and your dumb nephew can't even operate a flashlight properly. Do you come from a family of cavemen?
>>
>Receive radio signals
>even though no radio

Do you think radio waves originate from your own household radio?

Hahahahahahahaha
>>
Coil helping receive the signal and electricity allowing for the sound, there.
>>
>>19120653
>>19120705
1. What's the make and model number? Try looking up the manufacturer online. Try to contact them, see if they have any information.

2. Post close up pic of flashlight, with logo.
>>
>>19122021
Iirc, Torch is the proper term in the UK.
>>
>>19120653
https://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/comments/3t8sg9/my_stove_is_talking_and_singing/

Might be this. Some metal fixtures can pick up radio if the resonant frequencies are just right. People have been known to pick up radio from light fixtures, pipes, stoves, even their dental filings.
>>
>>19122021
flashlight?

Why would you call a constant beam of light a 'flash' light?

Are all americans this stoopid?
>>
>>19122021
>you call it a "torch"
A flashlight is called a torch in many places outside of the US.

>can't even operate a flashlight properly.
it's a crank for charging it, how else are you supposed to operate it? You're awfully proud of your ignorance.
>>
>>19120654
OP took the video down.
>>
All this could be answered if you told us the brand of the flashlight. But then we'd see your full of shit.
>>
>>19122021
Congratulations, Clap-burger!
>>
>>19124175
cause you have light in a flash
>>
>>19125944
>we'd see your full of shit.
That's what I was thinking - maybe he just realized how stupid this was.
>>
File: 1482424779435.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482424779435.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
>>19120653
They can't use satellites, so they have to use toys.

>what does green text do?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.