[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am becoming more and more convinced that fate is real. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: death.png (132KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
132KB, 500x498px
I am becoming more and more convinced that fate is real.

When the Big Bang happened and all those packets of energy and fundamental particles were set on their paths, surely the interactions they would go on to have became a mathematical certainty, and the entire course of the chain reaction that is the universe has been set in stone since that point.
>>
go to bed john piper you are drunk
>>
>>19118463
I used to believe this exact same thing, until I began to understand quantum physics, multiverse theory and the way human consciousness shapes reality as much as vice versa. There are things that happen every day in your life where the odds of doing one thing vs another are literally 50/50, and you choose which universe you continue into. Choose wisely dawg.
>>
File: 1411_06-sn1006c.jpg (288KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
1411_06-sn1006c.jpg
288KB, 840x840px
>>19118463
>When the Big Bang happened
It never happened.
>>
>>19118463
>>19118552

What's stopping your existence from repeating itself then? Maybe this time you've become aware of this, make a change anon. Time is running out.
>>
File: 3b2.jpg (5KB, 176x187px) Image search: [Google]
3b2.jpg
5KB, 176x187px
>>19118463
there is no fate, everything is a 100% random coincedence, how the fuck do you think you were born? because you were the faster sperm? nah, you were part of a group lucky enough to be shot at just the right fucking angle, that happened to slide down just far enough in the uterus and Then you were the fastest one among that group.

congrats anon, youre realizing that you either have 0 control over the universe and your life as a whole, or you can grab ahold of it and realize you have 100% control over everything in your life.

might wanna start by getting the fuck off 4chan while you can.
>>
>>19118552
Any tips to get me started down this path? I like to think I'm a rational person, /x/ stuff isn't my usual jam, but I've been thinking about this a lot lately and it's kind of freaking me out.

>the odds of doing one thing vs another are literally 50/50, and you choose
Surely psychological fate is a thing as well though? The way an individual's brain works dictates what they're going to choose in such a situation. Phenomena outside of the brain that affects these decisions (coin flips, life experiences, some unexpected shit happening) are themselves results of the chain reaction of reality.

>>19118562
Sorry, but I don't really follow how my worry follows into that argument. Why does it make reincarnation/cyclical existence a possibility?

>>19118559
What's your view on things, my dude? Creator deity?
>>
File: r&r0305arp-4.jpg (92KB, 460x222px) Image search: [Google]
r&r0305arp-4.jpg
92KB, 460x222px
>>19118582
>What's your view on things, my dude? Creator deity?
I'm not sure about how the universe came into being. I think it may have started with one plasmoid, eventually maturing into a galaxy then that galaxy births another one with what we call a quasar. I think Halton Arp was right about intrinsic red-shift of stars and galaxies. We basically got it backwards atm. High red-shift doesn't mean something is very distant and very old. It means it's actually very new and has no correlation to distance. This throws up a whole can of worms from the age of the universe to it's size etc.
Sorry for the shit pic size but it illustrates how red-shift is not an indicator of distance. All four objects are in the same zone as shown by the filamentary bridge, but have radically different red-shifts. The two new tiny galaxy's that have been birthed from their hosts have a higher red-shift up to .391 compared to the older galaxy at .029.
>>
>>19118749
Red Shift isn't necesarily to do with distance, it's to do with speed. Something close can be red shifted if it's moving incredibly fast.
>>
File: fig02.jpg (24KB, 816x569px) Image search: [Google]
fig02.jpg
24KB, 816x569px
>>19118749
Another image to show how galaxy's birth new ones, mainly along their minor axis. These higher red-shifted objects eventually slowdown and come to rest as companion galaxy's. This process repeats until you have a universe.
>>
File: alignements_04.gif (24KB, 520x496px) Image search: [Google]
alignements_04.gif
24KB, 520x496px
>>19118758
It's not necessary but it is used to calculate distance to objects very far away that we cannot resolve the distance with parallax.
>A special instance of this is the cosmological redshift, which is due to the expansion of the universe, and sufficiently distant light sources (generally more than a few million light years away) show redshift corresponding to the rate of increase in their distance from Earth

All I'm saying is I think that is wrong as shown by my previous pics. Which show red-shift is an intrinsic quality of the object. It opens a lot of problems though so it was never taken seriously. But Arp's pictures prove otherwise.
>>
>>19118463
If fate is real there is no real free will...
>>
>>19120789
Even if it's not real there's no real free will.
If some things were random that's all that would change, some of your choices would be random. I wouldn't call randomness free will.
>>
>>19118815
Think you could explain parallax in a sentence or two? Just for me an otger laymen
>>
>>19120878
Stuff that's further away from you doesn't 'move past' as fast. You know when you look out a car window and stuff in the foreground is moving way faster than stuff in the background? That's called parallax. Scientists can use that affect to try and estimate how far away certain stars and galaxies are, by comparing how much things move in comparison to each other.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.