[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voynich thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: voynich smoynich.png (502KB, 631x462px) Image search: [Google]
voynich smoynich.png
502KB, 631x462px
Let's solve the Voynich Manuscript!

What will we need?
- a botanist.
- lots of time and devotion.
-

http://holybooks.lichtenbergpress.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Voynich-Manuscript.pdf
>>
What language is this
>>
>>19118368
That's the mystery.
>>
>>19118368
Georgian?
>>
too vague u provide no link to the scanned book or to possible ciphers that are in use you should feel ashamed
>>
It's a hoax, anyway
>>
Try inventing a psuedovoynich to take your own notes in, and troll future historians forever when your personal diary gets published a century after your demise. "OMG this guy figured out Voynich and now we can't figure his wriitng out either!"
>>
>>19117451
I don't think any botanist would be able to help you with - humans growing inside those plants ?!

It's looks mostly fictional, or from some oher alien world.
>>
>>19118407
thats litteraly the problem with translating this writing to begin with, this is why No one can. i wanna say some people have been working on this for 30+ years and managed to decypher like 2% of the book, and apparently the language and pattern changes in parts as if it was writin in multiple languages however by the same person.

>>19118418
i genuinely dont think anyone would devote this much time and effort into a hoax, this thing is huge.
>>
>>19118447
>200 pages
>huge

Don't read much do you?
>>
>>19117451
one of the documentaries i watched on this thing, said they tested the paper and the ink and it was authentically dated to the time of Da Vinci, or older.
Some even speculated it could have been his work.
Another theory was that since there was a lot of persecution from the Church & State towards actual science back then, the artwork depictions and language of the book may have been all a secret code, both in word and in picture, in order for the author to avoid persecution.
That would explain why alot of the drawings look like plants that don't actually exist, could have been some graphical symbology for something they wanted or needed to keep secret.
whatever the case, the paper and ink at that time would have cost a small fortune. So whoever made the book, or had it commissioned, had access to significant sums of money. not to mention the time and freedom to spend writing, drawing and painting the works.
>>
>>19118473
>>200 pages
>>not huge
don't know much about the cost and scarcity of paper and ink in the middle ages do you?
>>
File: 1460687632527.png (547KB, 873x873px) Image search: [Google]
1460687632527.png
547KB, 873x873px
heres a link for the lazys it has been indexed if to some extent, i think theres another book out there that contains a key like the the film as above so below great watch if ur boored
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/esp_ciencia_manuscrito07a.htm
>>
>>19118473
i meant the project as a whole, to learn arabic, hebrew, and about 2 other dead languages and roughly 5 that we have never seen before is a massive undertaking, and to do that for 200 pages yes, thats huge, i want you to try and learn 5 languages, and come up with only 2 completely fake ones, then use those to write only 50 and tell me how fucking long it takes you. it has nothing to do with the volume of pages, its the manpower to learn and write it all. and were gonna ignore the drawings cause since you fail to see the massive undertaking it would be to simply learn the multiple languages im gonna assume you have zero understand of what it would take to then visialize and draw what you wrote down in a fake language and then draw it with Half the skill and imagination of whoever wrote this.

>>19118502
>implying it was written in the middle ages
its possible its even older so jack that price even further possibly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.