[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every Skeptic Ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1471147990151.png (612KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
1471147990151.png
612KB, 900x540px
>why don't you prove magick for me
>why must I do the hardwork of figuring it out myself
>yes you, you personally, must prove magick to me; nevermind the shitloads of people mentioned in parapsychological research already who've already demonstrated all of the phenomena of magick
>no I won't read Sorcery by J. Finley Hurley, Science of Miracles by Max Freedom Long, or Magical Use of Thoughtforms by Dolores-Ashcroft-Nowicki
>I'm just going to ignore Wim Hof and that one guy who sets newspaper on fire with his chi who are both on youtube
>I'm just going to ignore Mirin Dajo, William James, Carl Jung, various famous scientists, famous mediums, etc. who are very well documented for what they do
>why, look at this stupid skeptic blog, which fails to actually disprove the accomplishments of genuine occultists by showing ways in which they produce a similar phenomena through trickery but at the same time completely fails to meet all of the requirements of the genuine phenomena
>hey you think that guy set the newspaper on fire with his chi? Well look at my bullshit, you just put these chemicals in here and crumple up the paper, and that's how it catches fire! nvm that the chemicals you're using produce a completely different colour flame and other effects that are totally different from when he used his chi
>heh, you think walking on hot coals is a miracle? look at me scamper across hot coals barely having contact with them for more than a few seconds, this clearly means the men who've been in far hotter piles of coals literally going through them slow or standing there and not getting hurt aren't legit… oh wait I can't reproduce this phenomena with my fedora bullshit at all
>*fedora sweat intensifies* stop showing me all these genuine examples of magick! I'm just going to ignore them all and assume it's a trick, and say science will explain it later! it's all just tricks/illusions/sleight-of-hand!!!
>>
>>19115949
>fuck you, use up your vital energy and many hours of your day to personally prove shit to me
>heh, a video of you doing magick? I bet you just edited it!
>reeeee magick doesn't real, you're all bullshit occultists
>spoonfeed me
>no I won't read through these books I get too bored and can't complete them and I barely even think about what I read
>why won't someone do magick for me? I don't want to put in the effort.
>I deserve to have magick proven to me, even though you as a wizard probably meet hundreds of sceptics every day, and have probably intentionally or unintentionally prove it to those around you on many occasions, but the internet continues to supply and endless supply of people demanding your time, attention, and emotion who all feel they are special enough that they ought to have a demonstration of magick done for them as well
>No I don't live around you and have an intimate relationship with you, I'm just another poster on the internet, who doesn't observe your daily life and practices and the various phenomena that happen around you
>please divert from your own personal plans and struggles to help me, even though I am far less deserving of help or correspondence or any kind of attention, when lined up against people who actually have the self-motivation to properly research and perform magick for themselves and can stand as peers with you
>oh and lets not forget that I'm an immature, irresponsible, or simply potentially hostile person that would hurt you (like Protagonist) after learning everything
>no this form of proof won't do for me, and this one won't either, and… I can't even make up my mind anyways what would constitute proof for me!
>>
No, you're not entitled to my loosh and my time. You've got the library there. You've got this whole board. Many people have been noted in medical records, in various books, etc. for having produced occult phenomena. What do you bring to the table? When I feel like it, I'll do magick for my own purposes, and sometimes I will share it and sometimes I won't. I tell you anon, I FEEL what you feel when you direct your attention towards me, and your mentality rubs off into me to the point I can be temporarily duped by your own scepticism. Do you know how difficult it is doing magick without your psychic deadweight, your doubt, making it even more difficult? Hell I know when some faggot is jerking off to me. I register the thoughts of others all the time, if not in full, at least I get the general intent and the feeling of you arising in my consciousness. You think I want that in my mental sphere? I'd rather redirect your attention and drive you away from me then have you weighing me down with your materialism. Every thought matters, your thoughts matter, when you got a group of mediums together in a room sometimes a given individual is requested to leave because it doesn't work with the others well. Different people with different mentalities lend themselves in different ways to these operations.

Maybe you sceptics should read the chaos magick texts and learn to form meta-beliefs on a whim. The mentality of "I won't believe in it until I see it proven to me" literally prevents you in most cases from ever acquiring that proof.
You keep things up with demanding everything be done for you, you might just end up becoming a test subject for someone to try out an experiment on, whether you like being subjected to their experiment or not… but most likely you're going to be stuck in an endless emotional loop where, by the law of attraction, you will fail to pull to you the experiences you actually want.
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>19115952

>you might just end up becoming a test subject for someone to try out an experiment on, whether you like being subjected to their experiment or not

I'm not really anyone you're ranting about, but this kind of popped out at me. For the benefit of the people you ARE ranting about, who might benefit from but I suspect wouldn't bother asking this question, how would someone go about seeking the experience if they WERE willing to be someone's test subject?
>>
>>19115986
Beg a sadistic magickal(probably LHPer) user to let you become their test-dummy. It will probably turn sexual so you have to be prepared for that.
>>
what's some good 'magic' to get into for someone with a gnostic predisposition?
>>
>>19116317
con science
>>
>>19116325
really makes u think...
>>
>>19116317
Hermetics. Read the Kybalion then a bunch of William Walter Atkinson like The Arcane Teachings, The Arcane Formulas, The Science of Breath, Mind Power, Personal Power. Then get into Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics and all his other books.

Other authors like Robert Bruce, Montalk, Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki, Manly P Hall, Israel Regardie, Dion Fortune, are all very good too. Peter Carroll if you want to get into Chaos Magick also.

Combine that with all your Gnostic books like the Nag Hammadi and congrats you're a Magus.
>>
>why don't you prove magick for me
>why must I do the hardwork of figuring it out myself
That's how science works, too, fyi.
>>
>>19116339
Lol that entire first sentence is directly ripped rom a meme people post from time to time, with a pic of (i believe) Nietzche on it. And none of those are good recs anyway. The second line is a bit better. Definitely not how one becomes a Magus though. Bardon is not Initiatory, nor Hermetic. One need look no further than his "theories" on etheric "fluids" and compare them to the Corpus Hermeticum, to see what absolute LARP trash he actually was.
>>
>>19115949
Being a wizard makes you really whiny, inefficient and frail apparently.
>>
>>19118332
I wrote that myself tho
>>
>>19115949
Repent. Come to Jesus.
>>
File: whydoesthisexist.jpg (73KB, 810x409px) Image search: [Google]
whydoesthisexist.jpg
73KB, 810x409px
>>19118334
Or does being whiny, inefficient and frail make one a wizard? Really makes you think.
>>
>>19119997
I repent everyday and me and Yeshua are homies, nibba.
>>
>>19115949
I find it hard to refute things that don't exist when people believe in them.
>>
>>19115950
>heh, a video of you doing magick? I bet you just edited it!
everything is a straw man from here. there is no conclusive proof that ANYONE has done magic. just because you are included in the list of ANYONE you take it personally but thats not my fault. fuck off loser
>>
>>19115949
>>19115950
>proof or shut up
>>
>>19115949
Jung? Really? Obviously you didn't understand his work. Then again, believing in magic requires one to not even understand the words they're using, much less higher concepts...
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal
>Why aren't you rich oh might wizard?
>y-you can't make me do it in person
>>
>>19115952

>"learn to form meta-beliefs on a whim"

I bet you're super easy to manipulate...
>>
>>19118347
That just means you've taken the bait entirely, and now think meme-induced thoughts are inherently yours. I'd suggest being more critical of your own thoughts, but this entire thread is about how OP shouldn't have to accept intellectual or social responsibility for their own assertions.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.