[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else get annoyed by how popular magick is now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

File: wizard.png (18KB, 370x511px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
18KB, 370x511px
Does anyone else get annoyed by how popular magick is now?
>>
>>19114380
no
>>
>>19114380

No. Animals like to move in herds. They'll wander off to the next shiny distraction soon enough.
>>
Wasn't there a time in the '90s where the paranormal was all the rage in pop culture?

It's just a natural process of that generational "retro" cycle. Might even come around again in the 2030's.
>>
Nah, it's cool.
>>
>>19114380
No, but what does it say about you that you do? The only annoying part is a bunch of people who just finished reading "The middle Pillar" Have to go post YT videos of them doing the rituals (poorly) for the first time, and act like adepts. But the fact that there is interest in it? Naah, I think you'd have to be autistic to actually give a shit what other people do with their lives outside of its immediate effect on you.
>>
File: craft1[1].jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
craft1[1].jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>19114427
This

You kids shouldn't knock it, spooky chicks are easy.
>>
>>19114677
>You kids shouldn't knock it, spooky chicks are easy.

They seem far more pretentious than SPOOKY. Zozzle.
>>
>>19114380
Yeah. Magic is a distraction. If you have the ability to actually use it you probably shouldn't, because all it does is reinvest you in reality.
>>
Eh, it brings ayys out of the spotlight. And that's where we should be focusing our efforts.
>>
>>19114532
No need to be defensive, anon. Have a tissue.
>>
More magik can only lead to more magik crime, I say we regulate it. If you want to use magik then you should have to attend a magik safety course and fill out a test on safe use of magik.
>>
The right to keep and bear majiks must be protected!
>>
Why be annoyed? The way I see it is that it creates an amplification effect
>>
>>19115924
Hurr durr, the gubment gonna take my magik away. Why do you even need 30 cast pyronic spells?
>>
>>19114380
No, because if it's popular it'll get studied, if it gets studied it'll get funded, if it gets funded research will continue, if research continues we will have magic.
Is any of this getting to you?
>>
My problem is people forcing there will on others or using it for greed or lustful gains. The shit is actually legit. Reality is an illusion and you can fuck with it, it's super tempting to do selfish things though and you're fucking people over whether you realize it or not. I'd like to see the true source have a religion based around where people do gods will and not there own
>>
>>19116005
So if I magick myself a hamburger and milshake meal served on top of a hot 60s diner gals titties is that harming others? I'll still do it.
>>
>>19116005

Speaking only for myself, I tend to have faith in humanity's ability to seek mutual gains. Selfishness doesn't bother me save when it is selfishness that violates consent. Normal people are normal selfish, which is a level which respects consent, and in fact normal selfish can do a lot of good in the world.

I think selfishness is a bogeyman. What we really ought to fear is a willingness to violate consent.
>>
>>19116024
Magick capitalism when?
>>
>>19116014
that depends if the diner gal wanted it to happen and I don't fuck with hamburgers because I don't support the systematic destruction of animals on that level or the energy transfer of crops to cows to humans so I guess in a way you're butt hurting me, molesting a diner girl, and supporting life that is born to die
>>
>>19116025

Working on it...
>>
>>19116027
Just try and stop me.
>>
>>19116025
Gnosis.pm
>>
>>19116024
Hmm well I've found solace in freedom from want altogether and being thankful for what I have and not missing what I don't have. I've also looked at the fact that I didn't create society the way it is, I'm not the one that made money a necessity and honestly to truly live my life the way I would like and to travel do things I'd like to do then I have to have more... you wouldn't consider it selfish of me to try and shape certain outcomes of my life to get it. I just honestly would like to do what I enjoy for work, instead of being a zombie in a factory. I'd like to do what I love and be able to eat, have a place to lay my head, and do some traveling
>>
>>19116043
Fucking hippie!
>>
>>19116044
I kind of am actually. I shower though.
>>
How is magic popular?
>>
File: 1493480322383.jpg (183KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493480322383.jpg
183KB, 600x600px
>>19115914
>tfw british
>tfw I didn't pay my magick licence
>tfw fined for all of my loosh
>>
>>19116025
isn't that what all those incense, crystal and candle 'occult' shops are?
>>
On this board? Maybe

IRL (in real life)? No one around me, that I'm aware of, practices the occult. Lots of New Age ass-hattery; but very little actual occult practices.
>>
>>19115910
>Defensive
Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
>>
File: 130128129.jpg (32KB, 448x537px) Image search: [Google]
130128129.jpg
32KB, 448x537px
>>19114380
>>19114409
Ha-Ha! I plan on inventing magickal fidget spinners, so you're both screwed!
>The future of magick is millions of hipsters making 'Fssssssssss' noises while they sip Starbucks lattes.
>>
File: 340338339.png (276KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
340338339.png
276KB, 424x412px
>>19117040
Americans won't 'get' the joke, but anon's image is funny because that guy with the beard was the first ever actor to play Dr. Who, in the pilot episode 'Wizards of Tarafan'. The actor, John 'Buffy' Dugdale, didn't do himself any favors because he was regularly so drunk that he thought it was hilarious to try and set fire to random people and objects on set.

Anon's image looks like a still from the part of the pilot filmed in a quarry, which stood in for the eponymous planet Tarafan. Dugdale wasn't supposed to be in the water (or naked, or with a beard; and in point of fact, no-one was quite sure why he'd decided to wear blackface makeup). However, in an admirable display of the directorial improvisation for thch the '60s BBC was famous, the director integrated Dugdale's antics into the finished episode's plot — mostly because Dugdale threatened to kill him if he didn't.

The BBC made the show more sci-fi for the first 'actual' series. And of course, they decided that The Dcotor would henceforth be played by William Hartnell — who, unlike Dugdale, had never been convicted of anything worse than aggravated assault. Still it's interesting to think what might have been if Dr. Who had been about magick more than science.
>>
>>19118493
Are you an idiot? That man with the beard is Crowley.
>>
>muh gick
>>
>>19118493
Hartnell was convicted for assault? >>19118493
Badass! What next, Pertwee convicted of participating in illegal bum fights?
>>
>>19114677
Now I want to listen to Kittie. Thank you fellow oldnigger.
>>
Actual magick is preserved. It requires knowledge, devotion, and an ammount of effort high enough to make every lil hipster shit pretending to be the next crowley unable to properly use it. That with le cool pop majik culture makes it only a game a of pretending to 95% of those with an interest in the occult.

Not that this reasures me, this is actually pretty bad. As symbols can, if used well, affect reality, they can too, literally disarm it and make it laughable. And now I feel the more we spread and "use" old ass symbols of truth, the less powerfull they become until they've hit the mundane.

I expect to find a counter-action to this trend with actual initiating societies to become even more closed and hermetic (not the in the occult sense) than before.

Globaly speaking Man and its society is in decline, profanation and ignorance breeding like insects is to be expected anyway.
>>
Only on this board full of roleplaying teenagers. In real life, you never see those goofy fucking Wiccans or anything unless you're -looking- for them.
>>
File: TomBaker.jpg (43KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
TomBaker.jpg
43KB, 460x300px
>>19118648
>Suuuure anon, Aleister Crowley played Doctor Who in 'Wizards of Tarafan'. We'll believe you, lol.

Butthurt William Hartnell fanatic detected. They try to retcon Dugdale out of the official Whovian history. They can't get over the fact that Dugdale was 'The First', and that his portrayal of The Doctor was so in tune with the '60s zeitgeist of psychedelia and a growing interest in the paranormal. At the very least, he spent a lot of time on set screaming that he could see demons.

Interesting fact: Dugdale's companion for the pilot was none other than a young Brian Blessed (who played Prince Vultan in the brilliant 1980's 'Flash Gordon' movie.) Always a bit of a bruiser, Blessed was tasked with retreiving the fractious Dugdale from the local pub whenever filming was due to start. (Back in those days, outside broadcast time was vastly more expensive than it is today, and every second counted.) Blessed was always quick-witted, and if you can find an old copy of WOT on VHS you can just make out that in the chase scenes, The Doctor's screaming sounds so authentic because Blessed is dragging him from the baddies by a nylon rope that Blessed had tied to Dugdale's scrotum. Devilish sense of humor, Blessed.
>>
File: BBC TV Centre, built 1960.jpg (132KB, 1017x567px) Image search: [Google]
BBC TV Centre, built 1960.jpg
132KB, 1017x567px
>>19120062
You would not *believe* what the old BBC used to let its 'talent' get away with in the early post-war years. Partly, it was attributable to the stresses that the creative teams — many of whom had served in the armed forces — had undergone during the wartime period, which they all wished to put behind them and 'loosen up' a little.

Partly, it was due to the space-age looking BBC Television Headquarters – which opened in 1960 to much fanfare – being located over a natural methane seam, which had a tendency to leak gas into the lower levels of the building. The HQ costs millions, and the 'Beeb' weren't going to move it, so they pretended there was nothing wrong. They relocated the recording studios to the higher levels, to escape the gas — but the admin offices were regularly full of TV executives tripping their balls out. In fact, that's how we got the TV show 'Captain Pugwash'.

The saving grace of the Doctor Who team was that they didn't have any of the sordid sex scandals of other BBC shows, like Top of the Pops with that child abusing bastard Jimmy Saville (thank god). In comparison, the various Doctors were like lovable rogues. Hartnell was a dapper little man, but tough as steel and never one to pick a fight with. Troughton was notorious for selling polaroids of his naked wife to BBC cameramen, and parties of visiting schoolchildren. (He meant nothing sordid, he simply wanted their money. Not a nonce, our Patrick Troughton.) Pertwee had served in the Foreign Legion, so god alone knows what he'd got up to in the past. It was salaciously rumoured that Tom Baker had murdered an acting rival to get the role of The Doctor, but I consider that to be spurious tosh. At the very most, Baker only cut him up a little.
>>
>>19120917
This is the best post in the history of /x/ and I need this to be made into doc series
>>
>>19120874
Oh fuck, I temember Dugdale! He made it across the pond, and got a supporting part in an episode of Hogan's Heroes. He was the guard that threw empty schnapps bottles at Hogan that time when the gang made a dash for the fence. The entire scene was improvised, but Dugdale had smuggled enough of his own booze supply on set that they kept the cameras rolling for a five-minute take. When the booze ran out, Dugdale ran screaming 'Untermenshen raus!' at the cast and tried to bayonet them. Nobody in props had given him a Nazi bayonet - he just had one on him anyway.

Dugdale's genius lay in understanding that, while you had to be sober to act a role, you had to have delerium tremens to -become- that role. And as far as his scene in Hogan's Heroes went, it didn't hurt the authenticity of the scene that the actor who played Hogan owed him money.
>>
>>19120874
Anon, I don't have anything to do with the rest of the convo, other than being an avid DR. Who fan, however, the naked man with the beard in the B&W photo is undoubtedly Aleister Crowley. You may have known that and I just couldn't interpret properly, but I'll throw it out there for the sake of anyone else who may be confused
>>
It's just that cancerous Wicca neo-pagan bullshit.
>>
File: 889887888.jpg (20KB, 256x206px) Image search: [Google]
889887888.jpg
20KB, 256x206px
>>19121595
Let's not confuse a scrub like Aleister Crowley with a man like John Dugdale. Try and take this seriously instead of larping.
>>
>>19121746
>Scrub
Lol. Yes I'm sure Dugdale was far more educated and cultured than Crowley. Anyway, that IS Crowley. Are you a high functioning autist or something? Feel free to refute the origin of the photo using actual evidence.
>>
File: Thread.jpg (404KB, 1263x2177px) Image search: [Google]
Thread.jpg
404KB, 1263x2177px
>>19121156
10,000 hours in photoshop. You're welcome.
>>
File: Wizard-Fury.jpg (72KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard-Fury.jpg
72KB, 418x305px
>>19121774
Sad to say, I can believe you when you say two things:

Firstly, when you say that "I'm sure Dugdale was far more educated and cultured than Crowley". Tony Hart called Dugdale: "The most refined and artistic soul I have ever met. With John, one never knew if an afternoon would be spent weeping at the beauty of Poussin, or fighting him off in a Moroccan bordello as he attempted to sell your trousers." David Bellamy described Dugdale's ability to get free cans of Coke from vending machines as: "A discovery vastly more important that the hole in the ozone layer." No small praise from a living legend.

Secondly, I fully believe you when you state that you're an "avid Dr Who fan". It's this brittleness, this unreasonable hatred for Dugdale, that sees the show's (usually homosexual) fandom fanatically troll even humble Balinese Shadow Puppet Forums in a rather spiteful, mean spirited attempt to erase Dugdale's modest contribution to television history. HE WASN'T BILL HARTNELL, WE GET IT, HE ISN'T LISTED AS ONE OF THE OFFICIAL 'NUMBERED' DOCTORS. JESUS!

Are you proud of yourself knowing that Dugdale died brokenhearted, forever wishing he could recapture the potential of his solitary Doctor Who appearance? Does it please you that he spent the last three years of his life living in the air conditioning units of his local Woolworths, surviving off nothing but the Pick N' Mix he foraged for at night? The man was shot at by Princess Anne with a crossbow, for Christ's sake! She thought he was fucking rabid!!!

God, you people make me so angry. You know, I don't judge you for being gay. That's normal for a Whovian, and there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. But there's something very, very wrong with your lack of compassion.

So: bloody well done you. Slow clap. Bra-vo. You broke a remarkable man, and you have that on your conscience, minuscule as that undoubtedly is. Go back to your Turdis, you fanatic. The rest of us can only dream of what might have been.
>>
>>19121913
This is so sad. RIP John.

:-(
'
'
'
'
'
'
>>
>>19121913
>tate that you're an "avid Dr Who fan". It's this brittleness, this unreasonable hatred for Dugdale, that sees the show's (usually homosexual) fandom fanatically troll even humble Balinese Sh
I think you are picking a bone with somebody you are confusing with somebody else. I have literally nothing against Dugdale, and I don't know where you are getting the idea that I do. The only thing I can say is that One Man's opinion of Dugdale does not really mean much to me. I happen to be a big fan of W.B.Yeats as well, but I have no problem admitting that Crowley had a higher education, was more cultured, and generally more intelligent than Yeats. This doesn't mean I don't like Yeats, as I already said I do. You can say whatever you want, that is a Picture of Aleister Crowley taken before television even existed.

But again, I have no idea what any of this has to do with my opinion of Dugdale. I already said I have zero (0) things against him, but you keep turning this into some kinds crazy train. I hope you are trolling, because if not that' some severe schizophrenia you seem to have.

However, if you still want to refute my assertion that it is, indeed, a photograph of Aleister Crowley on one of his mountain expeditions, I await your evidence with baited breath.
>>
>>19121964
I think you have done quite enough harm today. As a fellow gay man, I do NOT condone what happened to John Dugdale. Stop the hateful trolling and take a good long look at your life.

>>19121913
I was seven when John died, in 1980. We lived close to the Woolworths Harringay, and I remember my mum saying they'd found a body. A week beforehand, they'd got desperate and sent Brian Blessed in to coax Dugdale down. He was dressed as Vultan from Flash Gordon, which had just been released in the cinemas. Blessed was the only one dugdale trusted. I begged mum to take me to see 'prince vultan' for real but she said No. Blessed spent a week hanging around the Pick N Mix aisle yelling 'Fly to me, my hawkman!' but Dugdale must have had a rare burst of sanity and decided he was seeing alcoholic hallucinations again. I can only imagime his last few days alone in the vents, thinking that you can hear a friend's voice calling out... only to have the peace rudely shattered by gay Whovians flinging bon-bons at your air duct. Those ricocheting bon-bons must have sounded like Dugdale's death rattle.

Blessed paid for John's cremation, lest Dugdale siffer the indignity of a pauper's funeral. As Dugdale went into the furnace, he yelled 'first wave, DIE!' then cried like a schoolboy for hours, absolutely unconsolably. He refused to eat Pick Nix ever again.
>>
File: Expanded Thread.jpg (713KB, 1315x3786px) Image search: [Google]
Expanded Thread.jpg
713KB, 1315x3786px
Updating screencap of greatest thread in /x/ history.
>>
>>19122182
What the holy hell am I doing that is trolling? You think me saying a picture of Aleister Crowley on a mountain expedition IS a picture of Aleister Crowley on a mountain expedition is trolling?
>>
>>19122421
Can you please tell me what's going on in here anon? Looks like a bunch of butthurt Limeys carrying on about their Prolapsed anal hero? As a fellow gay man, I don't take this kind of faggotry lightly.
>>
>>19122432
It's what /x/ really looks like under the surface.
>>
>>19122438
Oh christ close the lid!!!1! Close the Lid!!1!

My personal favorite is the argument over the photograph. Like, there's this thing, called google image search... I feel like that could have cleared up some bitching and moaning
>>
>>19122483

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people who visit this board don't want the truth, they want a group of people to validate their biases so they can feel warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
magic is for hipster
>>
>>19122660
I think you are correct. And this certainly isn't the only board with that problem. In fact, that seems to be a pretty large part of modern internet culture.
>>
>>19118493
Source?
>>
File: 8xgAxOR.jpg (162KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
8xgAxOR.jpg
162KB, 800x800px
I cant find anything on John Dugdale or on Wizards of Tarafan
>>
File: 1452121121139.png (27KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
1452121121139.png
27KB, 223x223px
>>19118493
That's Aleister Crowley ya dingus!
>>
>>19117040
Hey, that's John Dugdale! WTF ever happened to him?
>>
>>19114677
The one second from the left always gave me the weirdest boners.
>>
>>19125288
Same here.
>>
>>19114380
It's been the same since Crowley and the Salem Witch Hunt. You just found out about it and realized how many people know about it already.
>>
>>19123105
Cause its bs you naive jib
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.