[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blood-Charged Runes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: My Charged Rune Staves.jpg (2MB, 2872x2448px) Image search: [Google]
My Charged Rune Staves.jpg
2MB, 2872x2448px
I'm a novice Odinist/Asatru shaman/druid/wizard in the process of creating my first set of personal rune staves.

I've retrieved the wood from a fruit-bearing tree (nut-bearing trees count, I collected mine from a chestnut tree after asking the Gods for permission) at a magically favorable time (once was on a spiritual walk and the other was after a journey), I used a stone to shave off the bark and inked the runes onto the staves while chanting the rune. I then stained the runes by covering them with my blood while chanting the runes to charge them.

I've only had these charged runes for a single day and already I've felt changes in myself which I haven't felt for years. I feel more confident knowing I have them and I feel personally bound to the runes on a very deep physical and psychological level. I can't wait to complete the set and create a rune-pouch for myself.

Have any of you blood-stained your runes/items? How has this affected you spiritually and has this affected your divination abilities?

Also, are there any methods with which I could treat the staves in order to allow them to last for longer? Like varnishing them etc? I would like this set to last for at least 20-30 years, if not much longer.

Thanks /x/. May the God's be in your favour
>>
Fake news
>>
File: Blood Stained Rune Staves.jpg (290KB, 736x984px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Stained Rune Staves.jpg
290KB, 736x984px
>>19112372
Being completely serious.
>>
>>19112365
Why not add your blood to the varnish so you don't have to bleed yourself out everytime you practice your savage and stupid routine?
>>
>>19112365
>after asking the gods for permission
What did they say?
>>
>>19112491
"Yeah no worries mate just dont fuck with the chestnuts aye"
-Gods
>>
>>19112467
Will varnishing the staves help them to last longer? The procedure of staining & charging the rune staves is ancient and I'm not going to change how I do it, thank you for the suggestion though.

>>19112491
They made me spiritually aware that this was the correct time to collect the wood, I was also watched by animals during the collection process. I have been witnessing signs over the past week which lead me to believe it was time to create my staves.
>>
>>19112508
Use shellack.
>>
>>19112365
Can you tell us more about your new confidence and feelings? How do you feel?

I'm curious, I have issues with motivation but this might help.
>>
>>19112365
>Also, are there any methods with which I could treat the staves in order to allow them to last for longer?
Fuck varnish, go with oil or fat. Linseed oil works great to treat wood, smells good to and doesn't irritate your skin or anything like that. Be wary of disposing the rag you use to apply it though, since it can start to burn for no reason.

If you hunt animal fat obviously works too but i guess that will affect the staves more since its from a dead animal.
>>
>>19113598
Also i doubt the staves with decade if you store them dry indoors even if you leave them untreated. Oiling them with linseed oil just makes them smell and feel good while also preserving them.
>>
File: druidic.jpg (40KB, 238x355px) Image search: [Google]
druidic.jpg
40KB, 238x355px
Did somebody say druids...?
>>
>>19113598
Shellac has been used absolutely forever, it's all natural, easy to touch up, and won't degrade and go racid the way fat will.
OP, have you read Children of Odin yet?
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/coo/index.htm
You must understand the sacrifice made for these runes, for your Volk!
>>
Good luck, can't wait to see what it brings you.
>>
>>19112365
Scandinavian here. Where exactly are you from? I'm just curious.
>>
>>19112365
How do you get your blood?
>>
>>19114324
Native British/Anglo-Saxon

>>19113690
Thank you!

>>19113679
Yes I have, I understand how serious and powerful the runes are. I'm not taking their creation lightly

>>19113603
Thank you, I may try this

>>19113387
I've felt much more outgoing and now have the ability to talk with authority that I didn't know I could. I've been seeing the runes almost everywhere in places I never noticed before, and after charging the runes for the first time I feel inexplicably bound to them. I feel that if I were to carry a fully-loaded and charged rune pouch around with me I would be completely unstoppable in anything I did should the Gods allow
>>
Do y'all really believe this stuff or is this just role-playing
>>
>>19114796
I've crafted, stained and sealed 8 runes and I feel increasingly powerful. When I have one with me it makes me feel completely in-tune with being.

>>19114796
This is ancient white magick. I'm doing it to honor my ancestors and let their spirits live through me by my sacrifices and offerings.
>>
>>19114832
Magick isn't real.
>>
File: IMG_2736.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>19114899
Magick is VERY real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7SWS26t4W0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLq2Ixtvccc
>>
>>19114899
Have you actually tried it? I beg to disagree.

There are plenty of things that happen all the time that science has yet to explain, if you want to go that route.
>>
>>19112365

While I'm usually delighted to see threads such as this one (even if majority of the board probably doesn't believe in this stuff and prefers bigfoot stories instead), your post has raised me a few questions.

Obviously the way to make the staves last longer is to take good care of them, if you're not fond of the idea of varnishing them. Sure, they'll change the way they look over time and become more brittle, but is that a bad thing?

You also might be using the terms "shaman/druid/wizard" out of convenience, but I'd be wary of using them. Do you intend to work for the good of the world and the people, or do you seek solely personal growth, perhaps gain?

Whatever it is that your path will be, I think you've found something personally very significant. Just keep away from powertripping nazis and the like, they'll tamper everything beautiful and their spirits are hollow, filled with anger.
>>
>>19112508
if you identify yourself as a druid, then you sh ould've known that there are around 20 trees from witch you should have carved your runes on. instead of one consistent tree.

This will not really avail to much. Sorry.
>>
>>19116892
I only used the term to help people understand where i'm coming from. The 20 different trees thing is Celtic, not Germanic
>>
8ch(d0t)net/asatru/
>>
>>19112365
Imagine a creepy NEET hacking up his family's backyard tree and then automatically cutting himself in his room and taking pictures of it and posting it on the internet.
>>
>>19112365
When you want to use them, all you have to do is burn.
>>
File: tenor.gif (279KB, 220x227px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
279KB, 220x227px
>>19114899
>>
File: IMG_0898.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>19112372
VERY fake news

>>19112365
I come from a long, unbroken, spiritually pure line of meta-power-goth-popes and until recently, I never really understood what the kids meant when they say they "literally can't even".

Today, the universe helped me understand.

Thank you, universe. Thank you.
>>
>>19114915
op is a huge fag. that or still in middle school
>>
>>19118456
Op clearly also a virgin. doing "blood magic" in his moms basement.
>>
File: IMG_2738.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2738.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>19118456
>>19118490
Fate has not allowed collection of more sacred wood today. I feel the magic powers very strongly.
>>
>>19117623
Hey man how did you breed that cat plant hybrid? I've been thinking of getting into chimera building any tips?
>>
>>19117085
that's literally nothing.
I've known people who just spend their time cutting, harming themselves, putting themselves in danger and drinking/smoking/getting twisted.
A little blood loss ain't shit compared to that.
even tattoos make a fuckin mess.
>>19117098
u wot m8
>>19117623
dank kitty
>>
Just fuck off, OP. Your sticks of blood look disgusting. Why are you posting? Fuck off.
>>
>>19119414
you should totally go for the polished precious stone types, in the future.
They are a lot more professional/sophisticated in my opinion, if less br00tal.
>>
>>19119482
too powerful for you, They are not sealed in the photos so the life force is still open.
>>
>>19119482
They are quite charming. I'd imagine not a lot of people here would be brave enough to poke themselves.
>>
>>19112365
Red sharpie/10
>>
File: x_rules.png (2KB, 387x95px) Image search: [Google]
x_rules.png
2KB, 387x95px
This board isn't for what you think it's for. Pic related.

Now take your mental illness and fuck off.
>>
>>19112365
Why did you make them like that, instead of cutting slices of the branch into discs? Just seems easier to carry and store that way
>>
>>19120631
It's more in line with how the ancients created them
>>
Can I charge the stone runes I bought in a store with my blood too? If so, how can be done? Just bleed over each one chanting their name?
>>
>>19112365
those are very dirty, would be surprised if they even work
>>
>>19119292
>>19112365

Put some effort into your runes for fuck's sake. Did you use a fucking sharpie?

Please tell me what kind of stone you used, because the image of OP smashing a rock against these crude little faggots to strip the bark is hilarious. It's even more hilarious when you realize that OP actually thinks he's doing something significant.

How long did it take you to craft those masterpieces? I sincerely want to know, because it looks like you finished them in less than 5 min.

And as for varnishing, don't even bother. Do you really think those sticks warrant the effort it would take to preserve them for 20 days let alone 20 years!

Your ancestors are most likely disappointed in your lack of effort. Do you think the ancients all lived in crudely formed, rough shit holes? Even with stone tools, the quality of art they could produce was miles above the bar that you've set with those sticks.

Even neanderthals knew how to create specialized cutting and carving tools. Your ancestors had equipment capable of producing art that nearly matches a modern set of x-acto knifes, and you think your pitiful attempt at creating an artifact is worthy of preserving?
>>
>>19121974
These are my first rune staves. I will go on to create more in the future. The nature of how they are gathered lends them to looking more natural and off edge.
I'm never going to show any of these to anyone else, the God's know I have worked and sacrificed my lifeblood for these staves. These are mine and not yours, so it doesn't matter if you would preserve them or not.
>>
>>19122247

I hope that you do create more just so that you can get better. Then you will look back on these and be embarrassed.

sincerely how much time did you spend making those?

Don't you want the Gods to know you for your best work? You sacrificed your lifeblood for these and this is the result? You're cheapening your own essence by treating these objects as worthy of your blood.
>>
>>19122247

>"I'm never going to show any of these to anyone else,.."

So what are you doing here then?
>>
>>19112365
I'm a novice Odinist/Asatru shaman/druid/wizard in the process of creating my first set of personal rune staves.

translation: I live at home, can't get a girlfriend and can't afford video games.
>>
>>19122371
From the OP:
>"Have any of you blood-stained your runes/items? How has this affected you spiritually and has this affected your divination abilities?"
>>
>>19122560
Yeah, along with a picture. Of the things OP said they would never show any of to anyone else. It's a thread showing off things they claim they will never show anyone.
>>
>>19121974
Well, the Nordics BARELY lived in better housing structures than the majority of African tribes. So, yeah.
>>
>>19121974

Also, it doesn't sound like the anon is trying to "create artifacts." It sounds like they are trying to create divination tools.
>>
>>19122674
Well, except, of course, for thousands of random perverts on the internet. I guess that's always the exception, these days.
>>
>>19122674
The runes staves in the photographs are not sealed. I will not post any more pictures.

>>19122696
Correct. I have completed 13/24 so far, I have also created a rune pouch out of leather I had, however I still need to create the white divination cloth.
I preferably would like to get it from something with magical significance. Have any of you made your own cloth for rune divination?

I feel that creating every single piece of the kit and blood-charging the rune staves makes the pieces very special and I feel the readings will reveal their full truth because of it.
>>
>uses his own blood
>>
>>19122830
>Not using animal blood
>>
>>19122851
Exactly. Less trouble and pain. And if you really wanted to, you could eat them depending on the animal or what you're using them for.
>>
File: ascended_masters.jpg (1MB, 1200x1133px) Image search: [Google]
ascended_masters.jpg
1MB, 1200x1133px
>>19112365
Try different methods of wood conservation and see what last longer. Keep up the good work son
>>
>>19122851
>>19122830
>>19122858
Some people will be indifferent to the suffering of an animal and so the person doing the "sacrifice" isn't actually sacrificing anything.

I use my own blood because I have to feel physical pain, ans sacrifice my own lifeblood for the tools and the Gods. I am giving something of mine so the Gods will give me their wisdom in return. This is very personal to me, and that's why I used my own blood.

Animal/animal blood sacrifices do have their part to play, but not in something as personal to myself as this.
>>
This isn't real asatru or Odinism, this is new age bullshit. You are the reason pagans are made fun of. Real paganism is reverence towards ancestors, your people, your culture, and striving to become the strongest, smartest, and healthiest person you can be in order to have children and pass on the life that your ancestors gave to you. It is not about magick or trying to reconstruct seidhr or galdr from bullshit sources.
>>
>>19114915
Magic isn't real retard!

science is the answer to everything
>>
>>19122917

>real paganism
Which is what? Norse Paganism? Native American Paganism? Aboriginal Paganism? Afro-Caribbean Paganism? Graeco-Egyptian Paganism? Careful with that axe, Eugene.
>>
>>19122917
I'm reconstructing this from the best source we have on how the ancient Germanic pagans performed divination:

>"They attach the highest importance to the taking of auspices and casting lots. Their usual procedure with the lot is simple. They cut off a branch from a nut-bearing tree and slice it into strips these they mark with different signs and throw them at random onto a white cloth. Then the state's priest, if it is an official consultation, or the father of the family, in a private one, offers prayer to the gods and looking up towards heaven picks up three strips, one at a time, and, according to which sign they have previously been marked with, makes his interpretation. If the lots forbid an undertaking, there is no deliberation that day about the matter in question. If they allow it, further confirmation is required by taking auspices." ~ Tacitus, 98 C.E.

>>19122922
Even if the confidence/happieness/fullfilment/connection someone feels from magic is just a placebo effect, so what? It's still having an effect. This is why it's real
>>
>>19122926
>>>19122917 (You)
>>real paganism

Most pagan practices have the ideals of the veneration of ancestors, nature, and bettering yourself and living for the good of your community.
>>
>>19122969
Well it's often used to denote non-Abrahamic faiths, but Animism and veneration of gods are huge parts of most 'pagan' traditions. We need look no further than the anthropomorphic language they used to describe every-day items and occurrences for evidence of this.
>>
>>19122935
I don't care what anyone says anon, I think they're pretty cool. I'm not a particularly big fan or the Norse systems, I like their warriors though. Maybe you can practice using them over in /div/
>>
>>19122922
Why the fuck are you on /x/ then
>>
>>19120092

Creepy images and stories aren't paranormal though.
>>
>>19121109

Mix a drop of blood into some red ochre... or even some red paint that you use to stain your runes.
>>
>>19123293
You know you don't have to be a gullible retard to be interested in paranornal/scary stuff, right? If the truth is out there, then that requires skeptically examining things to find what's real or fake. "Listen and believe" doesn't get you to the truth.
>>
>>19122917

He never said it was about Asatru or Odinism, dipshit. He posted about runes. Just go practice your "real paganism" and STFU.
>>
>>19122790

well I'm happy for you OP but it's clear to me and probably most of the other people here that you're definitely not a craftsman. Maybe you should focus on other ways of divining, ones that don't rely on your ability to make something with your hand ;-)
>>
>>19116676
I was picturing/hearing Jarred from Silicone Valley reading this.

Thank you for that. You are my favorite character from that show.
>>
>>19123814
The stone runes are already made, I just bought them from the store and they don't have red ink on them.
>>
>>19124191
This guy fucks!
>>
>>19112365
>Also, are there any methods with which I could treat the staves in order to allow them to last for longer?

Considering untreated wood can last centuries if only stored correct, where is the Problem?
>>
>>19112365
You should let them taste mead before you shellac or oil them.
>>
>>19123839
Have you read his first sentence in the thread, you morom?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.