[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange Painting Around NM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: BoneBoi.jpg (154KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
BoneBoi.jpg
154KB, 714x960px
So I've been traveling through New Mexico, USA. And I have seen these painting around highways throughout the state.
Any ideas as to what they are or what they symbolize?
>>
tweakers on acid
>>
Has a 'banksy' feel to it. I think it's the balloon, and the black and white palette.
>>
>>19109281

Loss of innocence in exchange for power or while gaining knowledge. Specifically mystical power relating to either a dark external source or a clearer view of oneself. My impression is a mix of both.
>>
>>19109539
That's a bit clever. Pls say more. I'm all ears.
>>
>>19109281
They're goatboys. They belong to Azazel.
>>
cool/bump
>>
>>19109544

I'm not the artist. lol
>>
File: 790788789.gif (885KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
790788789.gif
885KB, 480x270px
>>19109544
I know that, silly goose :-)

You cut to the heart of it. You had a good eye for it. You 'read' it very intelligently. I just want to know if you had any other thoughts or impressions about it. Don't make me call you 'sensei', baka!
>>
File: BoneBoi2.jpg (81KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
BoneBoi2.jpg
81KB, 540x960px
OP Here.

I have another picture, this one was on an abandoned building
>>
>>19109281
sacrifice, the balloon is the offering, the magic beans are gifts in return for the soul ballon
>>
Do we really need to analyze the character designs of some street artist on /x/? Seems a bit off-topic to me, but have fun
>>
>>19109597

I like it, but am wary of it. I don't think the artist is dangerous per say, but what it represents offsets me a little. I'm not the biggest fan of the powers that shouldn't be, and it reminds me of them a bit. Their culture.

Added media and nature symbolism unrelated to the main point earlier: the type of skull resembles a longhorn skull which is regionally common to the southwest where it was pictured, and could hold a clue. Then again, OP mentioned seeing it across the US. The mask also reminds of Eyes Wide Shut secret societies, and also has a child image which are also linked to use in the dark occult. As such. could be a sign post for child trafficking for occult rituals, but that isn't my main impression and more just general cultural knowledge. It's a bit of a stretch, too.

Thank you. The universe is bigger than me, and even having one eye in a sea of blind I'm still half blind.
>>
>>19109602

This one's energy smells bad to me, and red is a very prominent symbol in and of itself. Could symbolize blood or power, but I definitely smell corruption in this one. A soft effeminate, and sacrifice even. Notice the energy orbs outside the body with smoke or incense rising from above it. Reminds me of the Belgium child sacrifices they do in basements with blood, and bathing the rich. What was it called? Soul something? It is a torture technique to separate the soul from the body while its living in order to consume or use it in a spell.
>>
>>19109651
Kin 'ell, if you were a girl I'd drop my spaghetti and tip my fedora to you. Genuinely impressed. No homo.

I think that I agree. You sum it up better than I could, though. It's disconcerting. I fear that it's like much of modern memery: calculating darkness hiding under the guise of the ordinary, seemingly innocent clothing. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

The hands are those of a child holding pulsing orbs of *something*, seemingly magical. OK. Nothing odd about that then...

The longhorn mask obliterates the child's face. Where's the child? Where's it's individuality and humanity?

And why is the kid nekkid from the waist up? Egad.

I think I needed your ideas to feel confident in forming mine.

The more I see this, the more unsetting it is. I feel kind of stupid for not realising that at first. Doh.
>>
The mask comes from Venice, Italy.
>pic related.

They were the doctors that would send people that had the plague to a death-island called Poveglia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poveglia
>>
File: pestdoctor.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pestdoctor.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
They would put flowers or other things that had a nice scent to it in there so they wouldnt smell the foul odors and wouldnt get infected that quick themselves.
>>
>>19109281
>>19109602
Seems like a gang/cult sign. We have a couple in New Orleans, though they're just "PYRO" in graffiti with fire all over.
>>
>>19109281
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LAqF8JTR4Ys/

First thing that came to mind. Unrelated, but >>19109539
Sounds like the most plausible explanation. Depends how far apart the paintings seem. It could just be some artist with nothing better to do. Also, why were you in that place?
>>
>>19110508
They are along the major highways throughout New Mexico as far as I saw, and the red one was in Roswell NM on some abandoned school

I am but a traveler
>>
>>19109998

Lol. Its just graffiti. I know the dude who writes that. Weird people make art, for better or for worse. Its not always as deep as you think. Nola fag here obviously
>>
File: 1496416913395.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
1496416913395.png
72KB, 449x498px
>>19110603
You know the guy personally?
Would you happen to know how many there are?
>>
>>19110621
Where is that image from
>>
>>19110677
I don't know the origin I saw it in a thread on /k/
>>
>>19110621

Just one person. Graffiti has crews and stuff, but typically you just write your own alias and sometimes there will be some smaller thing stating your crew.
>>
>>19110621

And yes i know him fairly well
>>
>>19110696
Would you know how many BoneBoi paintings there are, or would your friend know how many he has painted?
>>
>>19110750

Like the one in OPs pic? Or are you talking about the artist Boanes?
>>
>>19109730
>>19109739

Wrong.
>>
>>19110823
Yeah, like OP pic
>>
>>19109703

I think you should know a thing or two about masks.
>>
>>19110850

Honestly i think that is just one thing that one person likes to paint. Its hard to replicate someones style and you wouldnt believe how far and vast and artists work can be. Its just a character though. I highly doubt some its a vast net work of people painting the same thing
>>
>>19109730
>>19109739

It has horns tardo. That is a steer skull
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.