[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Templeos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: TempleOS_1.png (10KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TempleOS_1.png
10KB, 640x480px
>Development for TempleOS began in 2003 after Davis suffered from a series of manic episodes that left him briefly hospitalized for mental health issues.

>Davis is a former atheist who believes that he can "talk with God" and that God told him the operating system he built was God's third temple. According to Davis, TempleOS is of 'Divine' intellect due to the inspired nature of the code. According to Davis, God said to create the operating system with 640x480, 16 colors display and a single audio voice. The operating system was coded in a programming language developed by Davis in C/C++ called "HolyC"

Interesting. Assuming the man is directly inspired by the God what use would this have in the future? Why the low resolution?
>>
He probably caught a glimpse of the underlying matrix code and tried to write it.

I had similar experiences a few years ago.
>>
>>19106771
He calls God a space alien a lot. He is also obsessed with randomness and random numbers.
He streams on hitbox and he has some youtube videos, if you want to learn more about him.
>>19106777
Please tell.
>>
>>19106777
checked

elaborate
>>
Terry is just an electrical engineer with schizophrenia and too much free time. the man is a genius intellectually but he has a terrible disease. please don't roleplay and idolize terry.
>>
>>19106771
A very easy to use operating system for future generations after the earth is destroyed. Imagine the world is rebuilt after a catastrophic war hundreds or thousands of years in the future and templeOS is found and is the premier operating system which all calculations are ran through and also stores the word of god digitally.
>>
>>19106808
Noah is just a carpenter with schizophrenia and too much free time. the man is a genius intellectually but he has a terrible disease. please don't roleplay and idolize noah.
>>
>>19106797
>>19106798

Alright I'll try to summarise as best I can.

In the summer of 2012 I became obsessed with prime numbers and trying to find the pattern of their distribution, as well as searching for the algorithm to factor semi prime numbers.

I believed I had made a break through. Around this time I became unable to sleep, and started getting "downloads" of information in my head.

One of these downloads told me basically: if you want to see beyond the veil, into the true depths of what makes all-that-is, you must be willing to experience horrific torment, but that I would probably make it through if I was mentally and spiritually strong enough.

I accepted this, and "received" that I would have to do a bunch of actions (seemingly completely random actions), and then I would receive three downloads distributed like 1 3 7 where current one was time=1. I did not know how long this timespan would last (ie whether 7 was in 2 weeks or 2 decades.)

The initial download was basically that the universe was foundationally based on information.

That logic/maths/information itself (the logos) is the most "true" substance, and that it has its own energy. Essentially the idea that: imagine an empty universe. Nothing in it at all. No atoms, no molecules, no quanta. No potential energy at all.

Yet within it, all possible information is still there. Pi is still pi. Primes are still primes.
>>
>>19106839
while a fun exercise it's utterly pointless on itself.
>>
How can we get Terry to trip up in this thread? I know he likes to frequent forums.
>>
>>19106831
Its funny because he probably was.
>>
Well in some ways, yes, perhaps. But in other ways, I believe not.

Let me put it this way: we are only a few years away from artificial general intelligence. That means that soon there will be scientific proofs generated by superintelligent computers of the most probably lowest level structures of the universe proven by cross referencing all of scientific research with previously unimaginable experiments.

What I saw and understood were for me a glimpse of that. Can I ever prove that to anybody? doubtful.

Does that change the fact that I spent days of my life in dimensions entirely different to normal day to day life? No.

Does that make me insane? Maybe, but I didn't take any medication before (nor had any mental instability), nor after (the three "downloads" took place over three 1 week periods between summer 2012 and early 2014), and I'm perfectly sane since.

And as a software engineer (a fairly good one), I know that the patterns that I saw are almost absurdly obvious once your mind gets around to thinking that way.

The thing is cognitive dissonance is way more powerful than we assume.

And to perfectly understand it, you have to let go of all fear. Something that is nearly impossible for most. Yet as close as literally, just once, wishing for it.
>>
>>19106863
meant as reply to

>>19106843
/ part 2 of
>>19106839
>>
File: 1496376936518.jpg (189KB, 1100x729px) Image search: [Google]
1496376936518.jpg
189KB, 1100x729px
>He has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, having dealt with mental health issues since the mid-1990s. Because Davis often communicates in blocks of text produced by his oracle, or with apparently off-topic declarations about God, he's had accounts banned from SomethingAwful and Reddit. He can be aggressive and confrontational, sometimes denouncing critics with profanity and call them "nigger."

>banned from SA and Reddit

we should offer him a home on /x/.
>>
>>19106879
Has anyone got an archive of his posts?
>>
>>19106879
He probably has been here before. Or at least /g/.
>>
>>19106881
not sure fa.m but im trying to find a way to contact him so he can visit this thread
>>
>"The way God works is he caused the course of my life. I can see how it's been a charmed life in some ways, so I think He planned it," Davis says. Sometimes he seems to believe TempleOS will exist for 1,000 years, that it will be embraced and perfected by the giants of Silicon Valley, and that he will be recognized as King Solomon 2.0.
>>
alright bros I found his email. Going to message now
>>
>>19106920
alright I sent an email to him with instructions on how to trip up along with the thread link

now we wait
>>
File: 1490454008775.jpg (107KB, 1020x753px) Image search: [Google]
1490454008775.jpg
107KB, 1020x753px
>>19106942
>inb4 he spergs the fuck out over how slow this board is.
>>
>>19106771
fucking cia niggers trying to cause a sex response...
>>
>>19106839
take a step, feel the fetch.
>>
>>19106839
>>19106863

This isn't too dissimilar to what happened to Philip K Dick. He talks about this in more details in some of his books, but this short talk touches on some of the stuff, and your posts made me think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

from wikipedia:
Throughout February and March 1974, Dick experienced a series of hallucinations, which he referred to as "2-3-74", shorthand for February–March 1974. Aside from the "pink beam", Dick described the initial hallucinations as geometric patterns, and, occasionally, brief pictures of Jesus and ancient Rome. As the hallucinations increased in length and frequency, Dick claimed he began to live two parallel lives, one as himself, "Philip K. Dick", and one as "Thomas", a Christian persecuted by Romans in the first century AD. He referred to the "transcendentally rational mind" as "Zebra", "God" and "VALIS". Dick wrote about the experiences, first in the semi-autobiographical novel Radio Free Albemuth and then in VALIS, The Divine Invasion and the unfinished The Owl in Daylight (the VALIS trilogy).
>>
File: 56ca0ea715e7b9e36924d2f0e25d0732.png (337KB, 1086x796px) Image search: [Google]
56ca0ea715e7b9e36924d2f0e25d0732.png
337KB, 1086x796px
>>19107379
alternative
>>
>>19106810
ROFL na it's gonna be windows vista and according to this threat Bill Gates is got damn Aiwass bow down bitches
>>
>>19107445
it's a succubus to haunt your dreams!
>>
>>19106839
boring. you'd think that getting prophetical info downloads into your brain would give you something more interesting to tell us. nice roleplay
>>
>>19107457
I've got way more the first one was the "intro" the other ones were much deeper

>>19107432
I also experienced that but not in ancient rome, rather in parallel contemporary universes. only for a few hours though.
>>
>>19107507
PKD also talks about the idea of information being downloaded by human brains in one of his books that was based on his real life experiences, I think VALIS.

I don't think he uses the term download though, as it probably wasn't commonly used then. I'm just posting this stuff because when I read your accounts it striked me as being similar.
>>
>>19106831
>please don't roleplay and idolize noah
As if the Bible didn't already do that.
>>
Guys... there was a "Seeking VALIS" thread some weeks ago.
Wtf....
Gonna search it in the archive.
>>
>>19106777
same here.

Got the schizo diagnosis because of it too, like based Terry.

I was convinced off being in contact with the source coders of reality, beings consisting of high abstract math, masters of causality.

They too would sort of speak "download" information directly into my brain, trying to explain the nature of everything to me, but it was too much to handle for my feeble mind.

I remember them teaching me using terms like irrational numbers, the constant e, fuzzy logic, terms from quantum theory, but also more abstract forms of communication that's hard to put into words and concepts.

Basically the Truth is too vast and maybe too paradox for us humans to grasp, to put into human words and concepts and language, at least that's what I took away from it. On the plus side, what they also told me, not to worry, as everything will be alright in the end, as the whole system is beautifully designed and there is true order, underneath this seemingly chaotic random universe.
>>
>>19106863
>Let me put it this way: we are only a few years away from artificial general intelligence.

Bullshit. This isn't a video game, technological advancement isn't quasi linear.
>>
>>19107605
Yeah exactly. I think because of my software engineering/mathematical background I was able to understand a lot of it.

One of the takeaways I guess was the idea that we exist within a sort of center dimension exponentially accelerating towards something an order of magnitude more complex, and beautiful.

And also that self-referential, constantly increasing complexity, which inevitably eventually results in life is a mathematical structure/pattern that is found everywhere in maths.
>>
>>19108181
Actually it pretty much is. And we already have the algorithms (more or less) just not the processing power (publicly) and that has increased exponentially for decades now with no sign of slowing down.
>>
>>19106771
>Why the low resolution?

So you can tell it's not divinely inspired and mock him
>>
>>19106843
It's not pointless. Whoever first discovers a pattern to prime numbers (assuming there even is one) is gonna be rich as hell, and the field of cryptography will never be the same.
>>
>>19106777
I don't know what you're really talking about but i've seen what could be underlying matrix code back in 1993, and it's very similar to the green code falling in the Movie. It was exactly that in fact.
>Disclaimer, I was high as a kite.
>>
>>19106771
Used for the control panels in space that access the network of switches and locks for corridors and chambers in a zero gravity setting. Whoops.
>>
>>19109094
Nope my bad. I stand corrected. Not in a zero gravity setting. It's used after gravity is replicated on a biological level.
>>
>>19107507
Okay hothead, how do I experience similar experiences?

What do I have to do? I am a math major.
>>
File: 1458602534086.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1458602534086.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>19106879
What the heck is that a picture of?
>>
>>19109123
Well it may be a unique experience based on my own thought processes and spiritual evolution but:

from research this is the way I know:

> train your mind to recognise the matrix's existence
> smoke a lot of weed for about two weeks (I mean like 10-20 joints a day) also while researching, thinking, and being solely focused on the matrix
> stop completely, and do not sleep. at all.
> look out for signs from the universe. send out "requests" and look for them to be answered. (start small, work up)
> by the third day you should be getting downloads

be careful about this, people have told me its put them close to going insane. but also that it works.
>>
>>19109292
Beef tripe or some shit
>>
>>19109459
>> smoke a lot of weed for about two weeks (I mean like 10-20 joints a day) also while researching, thinking, and being solely focused on the matrix
Lost me there. That's cheating and not a real experience matey.
>>
>>19109498
Nope because you're not reading. The weed is to loosen up your mind and let new thinking processes enter subconsciously.

The experiences happen several days after you stop smoking completely.
>>
>>19109498
If everything is math that means smoking weed isn't cheating, it's just the way to align yourself with the math gods, maaan.

Try this again on DMT dudes.
>>
>>19107573
like actually there was fuck ur trip
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.