[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mara

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Djinn.jpg (62KB, 633x546px) Image search: [Google]
Djinn.jpg
62KB, 633x546px
So, I remember ever since I bought the game Golden Sun for the GBA (this game deals with various Djinn, by the way). I became obsessed with the name "Mara".

See, the reason is that once I was asked to name my character Mia, I always felt an indescribable.. LUST almost, to truly want to change Mia's name to Mara.

I did this in every playthrough of Golden Sun I ever played, and just now I found out it is a demons name.

What is going on? Why did my 9 year old brain come up with the specific name of Mara, and loved it almost to the point of not even considering leaving the Mia character's name as it was?

I never thought much about it, but now that I found out what the name Mara means, I am pretty nervous. I mean; this name came to me without any notice or pre-knowledge, I just always LOVED the name Mara for that specific character.

Is there something paranormal to this or am I just losing it? What/who is Mara? Why did my 9-year-old-self want to name my character Mara in every playthrough, while leaving the rest (Isaac, Garet, Ivan, Felix, ...) unchanged?

I have felt extreme bad luck in my life ever since I started naming my Mia characters, on Golden Sun, Mara (which happened every playthrough). Lately my life has devolved to the point where both me and my mother are seriously considering suicide.

Help me please; this is not a RP. I'm very anxious to find out of this means anything. The reason being, my life has become so fucked up to the point where I can just FEEL it in the air, that this is not regular bad luck.

Please let me know anything you can...
>>
File: 1491935544388.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491935544388.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
No idea but if you still love this demon play the shin megami tensei and persona series of games (SMT is edgy, persona is for losers who wish they were cool), there the demon mara is a literal penis and her (yes, it's female) strongest attack, called piercing arrow/strike/shot has him literally ejaculate all over the enemy, it's pretty good too since it's physical, non elemental and almighty which means it'll fuck over most demons without having to worry about them repelling or absorbing the attack.
>>
Please I really need answers, does anyone here know what kind of influence "Mara" can have on you, and how it is summoned into your life?

I know my grandmother was a witch (only now, although signals were obvious when I was a child). This is around the same time I started having paranormal experiences while sleeping there.

I really need an answer /x/enophobes.
>>
>>19105595
You liked something and then fetishized it to unhealthy degree. Most people get excited about things and then bored and they move on/balance it out, you don't.

>I have felt extreme bad luck in my life ever since I started naming my Mia characters, on Golden Sun, Mara (which happened every playthrough).
Perception bias, likely.

>The reason being, my life has become so fucked up to the point where I can just FEEL it in the air, that this is not regular bad luck.
You're the person with fucked up obsession about a name that you started connecting to the events of your daily life and you think you should trust your gut feel on such things? Your feelings are out of whack.

>Please let me know anything you can...
Stop obsessing and maybe work on whatever's the cause of your and your mother's plight instead of playing some JRPGs. It's nice to push cause of trouble in your life on some vague, malicious force beyond your ken but in truth, you're just someone who's in fucked up position and needs to get on top of it. Good luck.
>>
File: MaraSMT.jpg (673KB, 2056x1956px) Image search: [Google]
MaraSMT.jpg
673KB, 2056x1956px
Isn't Mara the demon that tried to move Buddha from under the tree so he wouldn't achieve enlightenment?
Also a giant dong.
It's dicks OP.
You crave cock.
>>
>>19105634
SMT3: Nocturne (my first SMT game ever btw) is the reason I found out about the demon name Mara; I just recently gave the game series a try. Why did I come up with the name Mara all by myself, and refuse to leave it "Mia" (which would resemble Maria much more?) in any playthrough of Golden Sun?

The fact that I got introduced to female penis shaped demon name out of nowhere is just a little scary to me, especially because I can remember how wrong it felt to leave "Mia" as "Mia" and not change the character's name to "Mara"...

This is the first time I've really had a flashback paranormal event, especially considering my grandma used to collect witch statues and other paranormal stuff, also tank shells from WW2, a blowfish that was dried but could kill when eaten, and when I think about it a LOT more occult stuff.

She even kept a Jesus Christ statue in front of her room, told to me to have protected my grandma's parents from a grenade by them hiding behind it, and Jesus absorbing the damage. You can still see where the grenade fragments damaged the statue.

This is just so weird guys, I've had many probable paranormal experiences but this just tickles me as weird and having to know more about it. I'm 90% sure my grandma is/was a witch (we no longer have contact, I am trying to recover it).
>>
>>19105676
You've probably just fixated on a nice name that you like. There's likely nothing paranormal about it unless you're Buddhist or something.
>>
>>19105687

Mara is also a Gaelic name meaning 'sea'.
>>
>>19105676
>This is the first time I've really had a flashback paranormal event, especially considering my grandma used to collect witch statues
>Why did I come up with the name Mara all by myself
Your grandma head some cock statuette that you remember subonsciusly. Probably some fertility fetish for spellwork.
Alternatively, she had a wooden dildo. Sometimes it can be both at once.

Mara is also a nice name and in more works of fiction than just SMT games. You've heard it and you liked it, whoop dee doo.
>>
>>19105595
Golden sun was my favourite game desu
>>
File: 1466064066878s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466064066878s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>19105687
>>19105703
I can assure you I had never heard the name before naming Mia in Golden Sun. It just came to me naturally, and invoked a feeling of extreme care/lust/love/passion within me. I was only 9 back then, this is why I find it strange...

I'm from Flemish Belgium, and Mara is not a common name at all. In fact, the closest I ever met was the girl I lost my virginity to (Tamara). However these events take place about 6-7 years before that...

Can anyone please answer me, why did the name Mara come to me at 9 years old and why did I get flashbacks when it showed up in SMT? Why do I feel so in love with the name?

Something just doesn't feel right and I figure this is the best place to ask...

PS: If it helps anything, my grandmother is almost certainly a witch of SOME kind, I have many weird memories. Playing Golden Sun was just a relaxation in all of this desu, but now that I found the name Mara again I have this indescribable feeling of wanting to know the truth...

Reason being; I found out that my grandparents did a lot of weird stuff with me as a baby (my mum caught grandma trying to let me suck on her tit, grandma's house was full of ominous feelings, African voodoo masks and witch statues she bought for herself, dried poisonous blowfish, ...

I feel like I need to remember something traumatic and it isn't coming... Help please
>>
honestly you just sound paranoid and delusional.

you may want to talk to a doctor.
>>
>>19105652
I would agree with you, if not for the many weird experiences I have had in my grandparents' house, not to mention the other places I've lived in.

For example, I remember my grandma and grandpa doing some weird ritual after I was "asleep" in their yard, they had built a shrine around my grandpa's dad's tombstone and were dancing weirdly around it, almost like indians, with fire torches in their hands. I was never allowed to stay too long in that wooden shrine built around the tombstone.

There were also the many, many "sleep paralysis" episodes I had there. I dreamt my grandpa was a panther while I was the MC from Jungle Book, and dreamt how the panther would hypnotize again and again, as the snake had done in the movie.

I remember tiny, leprechaun-like beings entering my room and doing a sort of dance around me, all while being unable to do anything but whisper my screams.

One of the scariest memories of that house, is where I wake up at around 4am, and see a "typical old female ghost" floating to the left side of my bed. Now, my maternal grandmother died before I was born, so I've always thought it was her. She touched me on my shoulder, it felt ice-cold and an unknown creepiness started to developed in my feelings.

However, she whispered to me "everything is okay, I'm proud of you my grandson" and disappeared, with only the cold feeling of her hand on my shoulder remaining (and it was ICE COLD, I still remember it).

At the time I thought it was my still-alive grandmother, but she vehemently denied having been in my room at all the next morning, even when asking her in detail if I had a nightmare or anything.

There is more, much more... But all I want to know is, could this be something malicious, something influencing me and my loved ones' lives?

If so, please help me remove it...

Sorry if my story is all over the place, I'm having trouble explaining everything that has happened over the past 20 years in proper detail...
Please help
>>
File: 4.jpg (666KB, 1280x1832px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
666KB, 1280x1832px
>be anon
>play vidya when young
>get party member named mia, name doesn't sit well with me, lets change her name to mara
>totes not a misspell of maria because my young mind still cant fully grasp this "proper grammar" stuff, nope, had to be symbolic
>obsess over this shitty fucking name for over a decade
>play other vidya, there's a girl named mara there
>oops not a girl, a penis shaped demon that is somehow female
>still like it

You legitimately might be gay breh, take off your pants and stare at this for 5 minutes then tell me how you feel, if your dick gets diamond hard i can hook you up with this god tier trap material i have saved on my bookmarks.
>>
>>19105634
don't forget the modern hell thrust
>>
>>19105867
>666 kb
hail!
>>
>>19105760

Maybe you're remembering the name from a past life or something.

Or perhaps you did hear it somewhere and have no conscious memory of it, the human brain is really good at absorbing information without your conscious knowing, even going so far as to create false recollections of past events.
>>
>>19105867
Mara is one of the gods of the Imperial Cult in the Elder Scrolls series of video games.
>>
mara is like devil in buddhism
mara tempts and taunts buddha
listen to raga marwa by anyone
it's not necessarily related
but
>>
>>19105820

yeah. I went to a psychiatrist to ask him about symptoms of schizophrenia, and one of them is something I did long before I even thought of seeing a doctor. It's what you're doing. It's simply fixation. I would look at a word, or a thing, and become obsessed that it had some deep meaning and that I held the key to understanding everything. You should talk to a shrink if you can, anon. Trust me, it's a very good idea.

At the same time, research stuff about this 'Mara' demon. Shit can be real.
>>
>>19105595
Mara is the name of the Buddhist demon that the Buddha overcame and thus achieved liberation, very big in Buddhist sutras.

Mara is lust more or less personified as a demonic force. True reality is built upon love of God, but this illusionary material reality is like a perverted mirror of reality and thus the pure love of god is perverted into lust for material. The material world perverts and twists the true nature of things in this way. Thus when you finally overcome lust, liberation is attained and you return back to God and reality.
>>
>>19105848
Honestly, it just sounds like your grandparents were pagans; not witches. Mara is probably just a spirit. Also the negative feelings are likely from Hollywood bullshit or church. Try talking to your grandparents. A guy had a similar situation to yours minus the grandparents and his luck turned around after forming a small contract with the spirit that took an interest, which was also described as a daemon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.