[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My childhood spectre. 'Mother'.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

>Be a toddler, in an old council house, in Seacroft, Leeds, UK.
>Would 'sleepwalk' a lot.
>Used to see a 'woman in an old dress, and a long tube-like head'.
>Would beckon to me, one finger, trying to get me to follow her. She would never speak.
>Used to call her 'mother'.
>Or maybe that's the name I gave it because without fail, I'd end up screaming and crying for my mum before the 'end' of wherever she wanted me to go. Except, I was a toddler in a poor family, so 'mother' wasn't a word I should have used.
>Used to wake up to it in my bedroom, and wide under covers. At end of hallway when going to the toilet. One of (or) the last time(s), I was was half way down the strairs to the ground floor, and she was at the bottom of the stairs, by the front door. Almost like she was trying to lure me outside.
>Only as an adult did I realise her 'long tube head' was actually a long, beheaded, neck.
>Only in the last decade has my mum told me that before I was even born, my (extemely down to earth) dad would have panic attacks where he would hide under the blankets because 'she was here' and 'stood by the bed'. Mum could never see anything, never has been able to.
>Wasn't just this house. She used to follow me to my grans house, and do the same, a few miles away. I hated the spare bedrooms in that house even more than my own as I got older. >They always felt... off. My mum had a nervous breakdown and terrible night terrors in those rooms, also.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Seacroft
>Seacroft remained largely unchanged for centuries as a small Yorkshire village, until in the 1950s the area was developed into Leeds' largest council estate.
>Image related likely one of the houses.

>>
File: 200417_688786805.jpg (35KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
200417_688786805.jpg
35KB, 500x370px
>>19105504
I've managed over the years to find a few scattered stories across the UK about ghost-women trying to lure young children, before they hit a certain age, which fit. I also looked into the history of the area, and aside from a bloody battle (before classical dress), I couldn't dig up much.

I'm hoping /x/ might have sources or experiances that might help me dig up more on this. I've never been able to find much on this, and it can't have just been me, and from the vague stories I recall finding it wasn't.

I thought here I might actually get some leads, as I'd occasionally looked in the past, but it always makes me feel vaguely uncomfortable. I think in the end I was told to tell her to go away, and it worked, aside from a few rare and distant (as in she would stand further away) and there is always this tiny fear that to dig too deep would be like an invite.
>>
No one? This isn't exactly something I regularly share, or even think about.
>>
>>19105683
no answers for you, but it's interesting. Go into more detail about your father's experiences and yours.
>>
>>19105504
What's with all the beckoning these entities do? What's it mean? Does it tell us anything about the entity?

>t. similar experience but in usa, equally curious
>>
>>19106094
They can't actually get further into your life with an invite, belief is a window. Like the vampire rule
>>
>>19105504
Why do ghosts wear clothes? Did their clothes die too?

Protip: Either you're roleplaying or you're schizophrenic
>>
It's the old hag phenomena. My brother used to see her. I think it's something related to the ayys.
>>
File: IMG_0622.jpg (10KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0622.jpg
10KB, 225x300px
>>
File: PAY-Knights-templar-cave.jpg (238KB, 1839x1227px) Image search: [Google]
PAY-Knights-templar-cave.jpg
238KB, 1839x1227px
Ah good, thought the thread was going to die.

>>19105843

It's tough due to how young I was; what I green-texted is pretty much the solid details that stuck with me. My dad and mum had divorced by the time I started seeing it, and my mum used to take sleeping pills due to said issues that started while she was sleeping in the other house.

I actually have to wonder if whatever it was followed from my granmothers house, as those bedrooms creeped the hell out of me into adolesence, and we sold the house after my grandad died. In fact, I just remembered; mum and gran did a Ouija board in that house and creeped out as shit. Imagine that was the 'opening'.

The only other details I can give is (up until recently, as in the last ten years) to add on is that like my dad was, I seemed to be sensative to this sort of thing. On swearing myself to God, and my baptism, it was like I became a creepy-shit null. Not seen hide or hair of even a shadow moving out the corner of my eyes in the dead of night

My mum had a period as a Wiccan, in my mid-teens and long after the OP, and the shit i experianced not only turned me agnostic, eventually convinced me that if there are demons that react to the holy, that means the big G is real too. Shadows dancing on the edge of the perception. The intense feeling of being stared at, by something not too friendly, behind you as sit on the comptuer. Animals going nuts and feels of dread.

These are shit I experianced as a teen, and the last experiance that is worth a mention,
>>1031201
>>1031202

>>19106188
It is interesting how there are common thinsg to most /x/. There are even stories of ayyy being driven off my certain words or commands, which would make no sense if they were just spare faring aliens interested in us.

>>19106250
Fuck knows anon. Why do you hang out on /x/ when you clearly don't beilieve in /x/? Some things we just don't understand.

I know what I, and others, experianced.
>>
>>19106276
>>19106299

I'll look into that, thanks anon. Thing is, while I always knew she was a woman, I never got the sense she was old, or a 'hag'.
>>
>>19107654
>>>1031201
>>>1031202

Ahem.
>>
File: Uwls1Kk.png (4MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Uwls1Kk.png
4MB, 1080x1920px
>>19107659

Damnit, they aren't important. Check the /out/ creepy experiances thread and look for ones with lava images if you anyone is really curious.
>>
>>19107654
>I know what I, and others, experianced.
You hallucinated.

Protip:If you're seeing old women walking around you should go to the doctor and tell them.
>>
File: tumblr_oo4dgodZjQ1so15avo1_500.jpg (61KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo4dgodZjQ1so15avo1_500.jpg
61KB, 500x489px
>>19107682

Sure random skeptic anon. But can you go condescend elsewhere? This isn't /adv/.
>>
>>19106188
So is it as easy to get rid of them by not following or telling them to get out?
>>
File: 859857858.jpg (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
859857858.jpg
67KB, 800x600px
>>19105504
Historian here. Apologies if this is telling you something that you already know, but 'Mother' was an honourific commonly used as a polite way of addressing an older woman in Northern England. (A bit like the way that in childhood, your mum's female friends might be known to you as 'aunty', despite having no biological relationship to you.) In the case of the appellation 'Mother', it was used by anyone younger than the older woman in question — not just children would call an older woman 'Mother'. One of the most famous examples of this appellation was 'Mother Shipton', the 17th Century Yorkshire (self-declared) prophetess. (Her cave home is about a half hour drive from Leeds city centre. It's aninteresting place to visit.)

This linguistic curiosity dates back to at least Anglo Saxon times in the British Isles, and probably earlier. I was intrigued to see that some sub-Saharan African tribes use 'Mother' in exactly the same way. Etymologically, 'Mother' may be a 'root' term, common to Indo-European lnguages.

I.e., it's part of our collective unconscious. If you believe in that sort of thing ;-)

Maybe your spoop was called 'Mother' in her community...
>>
>>19109270

Thanks, that's another little piece of the puzzle, as I never actually realised that, despite living here all my life. Makes sense.
>>
>>19105504
Interesting story, man. Oddly enough I had some strange, ghostly experiences when I was in Leeds too. In my second year of uni I lived in an old terraced house in Hyde park with just one other guy who was never there as he'd always just stay over at his girlfriends'. I never liked the feeling of that house and wouldn't have agreed to rent it, but an earlier contract fell through and we had run out of options. I'd often get the feeling that there was someone else with me in the room, watching broodingly from the corner. I'd hear full conversations from the kitchen when I was upstairs that were too loud and clear to have been from an adjacent house, but the moment I touched the door handle to enter the room they would instantly stop, and there'd be no one there. On a couple of occasions I'd wake up in the night and see a girl at the end of my bed dressed in white, with what looked like weird patchy skin (kind of textured like bark on a tree) or something, but I could never really tell. She'd just stand there and point at me until I hid away and shut my eyes, and when I looked back she'd be gone. Very creepy.

I will say that I was very depressed at the time and probably wasn't in the most stable mindset, but also I kind of think that that's the sort of thing that draws out a lot of paranormal phenomenon. Either way, Leeds is a very old city with a lot of history, and I think that there's a lot of latent energy or something still present there.
>>
>>19109302
Eh. You were probably too busy saying 'Can't, Won't, No' to think about it. Or guarding your bacon flitch.

...Yorkshire jokes. Forgive me. No-one here but you and I will get them. Think on't ;-)
>>
>>19107654
I'm from the US, but my family has had similar experience with a woman-like entity that started with my mom (her family life was very volatile as a teen and she also experimented with the occult) and still continues as far as I know. It seems to become most active when someone is going through adolescence. I had my own trouble with it during my teenage years until I became saved and baptized.
>>
>>19109270
WE
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.