[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One thing I don't understand about some Christian conceptions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Face.png (328KB, 510x397px) Image search: [Google]
Face.png
328KB, 510x397px
One thing I don't understand about some Christian conceptions of God is his anger, reward, love, etc...

A good should be void of emotions, and should only act as a balance of the universe(--->Tao). If you are punished or rewarded for your actions, this is not God's doing, but simply it keeping the balance of everything.

I guess in human terms, it easier to describe the rewards and punishments of God as it's anger,love, preference, or disdain, but again, how can something so powerful still be bound by the emotions that are of flawed beings like humans?

In thinking of this, i applied a little bit of what I learned from String Theory to postulate that the highest string(10th string I think) is the eternal force of everything. This being/place/absolute is the past present and future, everything and nothing, etc etc.

As we move from the third string(our dimension) and up, different beings exist. This could possibly explain angels, demons, djin, spirits, etc. The farther up you, the more removed you are from that which makes humans flawed(emotions, ego, etc.)

So maybe what people consider Gods are actually just beings that are from different diminutions/planes that hold power over us? Ultra-dimensional beings?
>>
>>19102173
Well I wish they would hurry up and BRING IT ON. I'm ready for a Sunday Night Smackdown on some demon fools that try to invade our dimension.TELL THEM THEY BEST BRING THEIR A-GAME IF THEY STEP TO ME. I can and will cause serious bodily harm if provoked.
>>
>>19102199
I bet your voice sounds just like a queef
>>
>>19102173
God made us in his form, so he reflects us. He isn't just the universe itself.
>>
>>19102199
>bodily
not gonna matter bro
>>
>>19102237

Oh wait, i forgot the part of Christianity where we became flawed in the Garden of Eden lol

If i take that into account, then at one point we WERE perfect, but because we fell to the snake's temptation we aren't anymore...but then again, a perfect being wouldn;t be so easily swayed...so we were never actually perfect.

> He isn't just the universe itself.

> Implying God has a gender

I think the panentheist conception of God makes the most sense. (-->Sihkism)

Where the universe is inside of God but it is also a place/being of its own.

Still, for something so perfect to be affected by emotion, seems very flawed
>>
>>19102267
>at one point we WERE perfect

Yes because learning to tell right from wrong is becoming imperfect.

Perfect beings can't tell if it is ok to shit the bed or not.
>>
>>19102272

Well not exactly.

One of the few bible verses i can kinda remember that sticks out is this:

> And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Think back to being a child...You didn't know right from from wrong, but it also isn't in human nature to cause pain or harm for no reason. Before children are taught social expectations, they just "are". Even if do cause harm on accident, it was more than likely out of curiosity or general unknowings.

So children genrally just "are. They are pure. They eat because they're hungry, they pee because they need to, etc.

As we grow, learn that its not okay to just pee in bed, or to kill animals for no reason. But we are also clouded by temptations and evil.

To be likea child as an adult would be to empty our mind of the noise around us and just be.

Humans are flawed, but the closest we can get to being as a child wold be what some would call enlightenment, awakening? Its hard to imagine what a perfect being is.

> Perfect beings can't tell if it is ok to shit the bed or not.

Yes they can. As an adult, most of us would've already learned what is and isn't acceptable by cultural standards.
>>
>>19102317

I'm with my very own explanation.

Adam and Eve were ADULTS that had not eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and thus weren't aware of what was wrong or right.
But even in spite of this, YHVH punished them because he's an evil demiurge.
>>
>>19102199
How many children did Christians murder in London today?
Why do you pussies never talk about islam like I'm sure you lit a candle today. Bravo.
>>
>>19102173
>A good (you meant God) should be devoid of emotion
I stopped reading right there.
The nerve you have to think you, puny, insignificant, nobody, has the mental and intellectual capacity to know what a God should feel?
This is blasphemous.
>>
>>19102864
> muh blasphemy
stfu
god has done tonnes of shit that by his own will would be considered blasphemous
>>
>>19102173
>One thing I don't understand about some Christian conceptions of God is his anger, reward, love, etc...

Stop drawing on the walls.

Stop drawing on the walls.

For the last time, stop drawing on the walls.
Right! That's it. Your going to your room and no tv.

>the Jewish version is slightly different, stop sacrificing your children to Molech... Stop it.... Stop it.... Don't make me come down there!
>>
>>19103047
All the "anger" or wrath of the Old Testament is directed, righteously at unrepenting child murderers and walking devils in human flesh.

Modern day Christians have a panic attack if they squash a bug.
>>
Well Christianity is an Abrahamic faith, and in its earliest form it was polytheistic.

Jehovah was one of many gods. He was an angry god and a jealous god. And the tribe that worshipped him in particular went running around attacking the tribes that worshipped the other gods in the Pantheon, burning their temples and destroying their idols. In time they won and nobody was worshipping those other gods anymore. Over time, it turned into a monotheistic religion, and there are still a few references to other gods in the Bible.

Later on when people started asking why God was such an angry jealous cunt and why he should be worshipped, they changed the emotions to loving and caring and then killed the people who still refused to worship him.
>>
>>19102173
>I guess in human terms, it easier to describe the rewards and punishments of God as it's anger,love, preference, or disdain, but again, how can something so powerful still be bound by the emotions that are of flawed beings like humans?
Well, that's what I've argued for years now. A storm doesn't care about who's in its path, it'll blow through all the same. If Floridians didn't want their homes trashed, maybe they shouldn't have settled in a hurricane zone. If people in Oklahoma didn't want tornadoes to knock over their homes, maybe they shouldn't have settled in Tornado Alley. Those things have no malice against humans, humans just happened to be in their way.

The concept of a deity giving a shit what people do is ridiculous.

>>19103053
Honestly, I've read the Old Testament. It reeks of propaganda. New Testament too, for that matter.
>>
>>19103070
>killed the people who still refused to worship him
Did you mean muslim?
>>
File: 1495839663655.gif (954KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495839663655.gif
954KB, 400x225px
>>19102864
>>
Who are you to tell God what he should or should not be?
>>
>>19103077
No, Jews. Christians and Muslims came later to kill people who weren't their religion.
>>
>>19103375
We are humans, the only things in our experience to hold concepts of gods and meta culture. If we cannot discuss the machinations of our consciousness because we can't know what god thinkings are then there are usually two ways this can go:
>conveniently god is omniscient and prevents our inquisitive minds from seeing the truth, whether or not it is actually true or not
>or we are able to discuss god, because of course every religion contains the idea that god communicates ideas and patterns to humans, and as such it is perfectly within our natural forth-comings to explore the idea
>>
>>19103375
the persson who wrote a book about him claiming to know his innermost desires and plans
>>
>>19102173
It has to do with free will. Everything is part of Gods plan. He encompasses all and there is nothing outside him. Even with our given free will we are still subjects to his ultimate will. The problem is our arrogance. The universe bends to Gods will yet we have the audacity to look him in the face and say NO. We have a chance at salvation tho. Karma exists. You won't see any of this unless God lets you. Repent
>>
>>19102868
You don't know and can't prove if God CAN interact with the universe let alone if God actually does. You've been making shit up based on vague assumptions all thread.
>>
>>19103524
I posted twice on this thread lmao

god is a fucking evil cunt. your own book says so.
>>
>>19102173
>stringe theory
Sounds like a bunch of atheistic autism.
>>
>>19103544
lol the flood was really bad :((((((((
>>
>>19103564
yes it was. as is the sanctioned rape, all around paedophile apology and misuse of ancient esoteric truths that make up your sham of a religion
>>
>>19103544
I don't know what book your referring to. Not a member of any religious group.
>>
>>19103590
I was referring to the catholic church
>>
>>19103559
Ask any of these fucks to actually articulate string theory.
>>
>>19103593
Well your argument against my credibility kind of falls flat when I don't ascribe to the belief system your trying to attack me with.
>>
God told Adam and Eve not to eat the apples

God knows all so he knew they would eat the apples

This is the biggest paradox in the bible. Why would God (knowing they would eat the apples) tell them not to eat them?
>>
>>19102173
>A good should be void of emotions, and should only act as a balance of the universe(--->Tao).

That's not the xtian conception of God. You won't understand the xtian conception of God as long as you're rooting in a non-xtian conception of God.

Sorry, OP, your question is meaningless.
>>
>>19103594
String theory and quantum mechanics are easy to understand, hard to articulate though.
>>
>>19102173
God is Holy (meaning separate, because He is perfect). Good is defined as what brings you closer to God, evil is what takes you farther away. These things may not be regarded as conventionally "good" or "bad" to the person at the time, but in the big picture, they are. And that's what matters to God, the Singularity, where there is zero time according to Einstein (at the speed of light, God lives outside of space and time, so He sees all of spacetime, the entire Multiverse, as an infinitesimal point particle).

God created you and I in His image, so if we have emotions, we have them because He has them. Thoughts are mental, emotions are spiritual, which is why AI can think well but can't feel (AI has no soul).

However, God has created the Multiverse to operate using some well known rules, namely Physics. And there are also spiritual rules as well:

- any being other than God is imperfect, and therefore incurably sinful by nature, compared to Him
- you reap what you sow
- if you give you will receive
- the wages of sin is death

Because sin causes death, the physical bodies of all human beings must die. But sin also causes separation from God, because imperfection cannot exist in His presence, it would burn to cinders automatically. So God, to redeem mankind, inhabited a human body (Jesus), and lives a sinless life so that Jesus, who is without sin, volunteered to shed His blood in your place, so that we, who do sin, don;t have to pay that price.

Jesus is God's expression of Loving self-effacement and self-sacrifice sin offering to God's Holiness, so we who are imperfect and unholy can be freely in communion with a perfect God, and

this is important...

Satan has NO RIGHT to accuse ANYONE of sin, if the Blood of Jesus covers their sins, and they truly believe this in their heart (which only each person, and God, knows). However, if Satan accuses someone who does NOT have a sin offering to cover their sins, Satan is JUSTIFIED in accusing that soul.
>>
>>19103969
>t. Man of many assumptions
>>
>>19104041
>>t. Man of many assumptions
Life is a process of discovery, Anon, all facts begin as assumptions in our life.

A round earth is an assumption to the flat earthers on here, yet we both know it's not flat.
>>
File: 83kL9C92.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
83kL9C92.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
There's a lot about Christianity that's completely fucking bogus that makes no since at all.
I keep God in my life, I try to be good person. I Honestly do recommend opening up to God and letting him her wtf ever in your life. I would describe myself as a Christian but the religion it self is just so ass backwards and hypocritical sometimes it's hard to take it seriously.
>>
>>19102173

I'm a Christian, but a troubled one. I'm bugged by the idea of a God that would torture people forever just because they didn't believe in Him.

And at times I think I might be fearing God more than loving him.
>>
>>19104521
No way dude! I bet God is real cool & chill.
>>
>>19104521
>I'm bugged by the idea of a God that would torture people forever just because they didn't believe in Him.

Then drop the idea.
>>
>>19104485
>Does not realize the only reason Anon believes God does real is Christianity.
>Don't 'believes' Christianity.
>Still thinks God is legit.

Make up your mind sister. Forget about that dude and start again. And this time, have some actual fun.
>>
File: Cesareborgia.jpg (463KB, 1200x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Cesareborgia.jpg
463KB, 1200x1464px
One more thing about Christianity that is off..
This sickfuck right here who sure shit ain't no Jesus.
>>
>>19104563
Living a life where you're good to people, good to animals, being honest, being responsible, and most of knowing that you God loves you and is with you, praying, meditation ... these are all good things and sharing a relationship with God is WONDERFUL! But... it just seems like the Bible... kinda ... I dunno it feels like it confuses things and if you come to dependent on it can drive a wedge between you and God. Besides the modern image of Jesus we see everywhere is of some inbreeding blue sickfuck twat! A person who wasn't like Jesus at all!
>>
>>19104631
Face it. New Testament is a big hoax and deep down you know it. You even kinda now God as you think doesn't even exist anyway. You bad luck dude.
Waste your life on some bogus religion or take that only change to live to the max in this fantastic universe.
>>
>>19102173
Or Christianity is just plain retarded garbage made up by neurotic jews.
>>
File: Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg (65KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg
65KB, 600x440px
>>19104703
Oh no I feel ya bro... I do... it's one of the reasons I can't stand being around religious types for too long. They get on this goody fuck'n too shoes kick ride'n around on some moral fuck'n high horse.

But I do have to hand it'em. Life sure will kick the shit of you and when it does... having God's love there for you to see you through and help you rise up stronger because of it Man it sure make's you feel great to be alive... God's love becomes a real force in your life. I read this a series once books called Conversations with God by this Neale Donald Walsh ... and this God wasn't anything like the one from the Bible. He/She was understanding, kind, gentle, laid back and kinna kinky too... Pretty much way more like how I had imagined God to be.

It's like they make the The Bible their God and to hell with everything else & I just... I can't take that seriously. When you live your in fear all the time riddled with confusion and anxiety... it's just... It's no way to live but do it every day. This life is fucking GIFT from God! So yeah dude LIVE IT UP! Enjoy the life he's given us. I'm not gonna argue with on that.
>>
>>19103603
when was my argument everu against your credibility? you're still lacking any credibility if you defend god without any valid proof
>>
>>19102173
gods are archetypes of human behavior so they behave as such. Theres a reason there are gods of war, love, trickster gods, good gods, evil gods, morally grey gods. As above so below.
>>
>>19104574

Is that really true, or just a Killah Priest line?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.