[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voynich Manuscript

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hey, /x/, what do you think of "Voynich Manuscript?

The Manuscript is an illustrated book of botanic, astrology and "Womans on baths that heals" lol.
>>
>>19101561

Its pretty cool. Someone had a great imagination.
>>
>>19101561
I dunno but id buy that shit for 300 bux
>>
Yeah, I think its good, i heard that someone is decofying or other shit like that. :/

PD:I downloaded it as PDF haha.
>>
>>19101645

Many people have tried but failed. I think the general concensus is that its all intentional gibberish.
>>
It can be,
where do you think it comes from?
>>
>>19101684

I heard one of the decoders believes it was made by some scribe for penance or punishment or something. I think someone just got into the magic mushrooms or ergot and made it.
>>
>>19101665
Not true in the least, it has been poured over by experts and they are getting close to cracking it completely.

Watch this, it's really an amazing lecture on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZD_3D8_WQ
>>
Smoke weed everyday, lol.
>>
Oh, thanks a lot :)
>>
>>19101719

Ah thanks never heard about this
>>
>>19101561
It's in my cartoon I'll never get around to actually making.

It was created by the Oceanids as a handbook containing information on the chamber they constructed to imprison the Leviathan after the power gap left from the Titanomachy. The prison erodes after centuries, and the warrior Oceanid sent to vanquish it for good gets struck with Love-in-idleness and becomes the Leviathan's demented sycophant. She can only be saved by the information in the manuscript as well.

But I can't fucking draw so whatever.
>>
>>19101801
Granted, it's all speculative, but he makes some great points and his flow is very easy to follow and makes perfect sense. I love the way he goes about picking apart the words and then comparing the possible sounds to know translations.

But there are plenty of other interpretations of the manuscript, and it seems like at least the plant section is pretty well understood.

As for the other sections, that might take a lot longer. He also hasn't even begun trying to work out any other words or the structure of the language itself, but I think this first step goes a long way in proving that there is actual content there, and that it's not just gibberish masquerading as language.
>>
>>19101561
Does it have any cool wallpapers i can stick on my comp?
>>
A lost book from Antarctica.
>>
I think the illustration of plants are soooo similar to Medieval botanic Encyclopedias.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.