[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sensomancy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: senses.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
senses.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Sensomancy : The control of the senses. Welcome to sensomancy general. Today I will be answering questions related to control of the senses.

You can also join my discord for instruction in controlling the senses : https://discord.gg/yZjc8Hx

Will be here for an hour or two.
>>
Seems like no one's biting so I'll throw a couple questions at you.

1)Can sensomancy allow you to feel any sense at command, or do you need a catalyst? For example, if I wanted to taste bacon, would I need to be chewing something?

2)Does practicing sensomancy lead to heightened sensitivity of your senses?

3)How do you train in sensomancy?

4)How do you control or use it?

5)What do you study to learn about sensomancy?

6)Is this an established thing or was it created by you? Do you know anyone else who practices sensomancy?
>>
Give a quick run down of what different skill levels in sensomancy would allow you to be capable of, and how long it may take to get there.
>>
>>19098987
What is sensomancy? Is it something related to controlling (and enchancing) your senses or is it something related to synesthesia?

What benefit is there to sensomancy and why do you find it worth practicing?
>>
>>19099319
1) You don't need anything to feel anything. The real question is how far can you go without getting freaked out.

2) Not in my experience.

3) You can train it fairly well by feeling your pulse and "thinking" in 3d space. Focus on a thought and try to feel it in some way. Focus on a hand try to project your thoughts at it. Imagine your thoughts like a beam that you are shooting out of your head.
>>
>>19099319
4) With practice, your subconcious mind will sometimes create things on it's own though. As long as you master suppressing the occassional feeling you should be OK though.

5) anything to do with chi and yoga though I do not personally view chi as a life force.

6) it was created by me, me and a few other people practice it so far. That's what the discord is for.
>>
>>19099340
The highest theoritical skill level would be complete control of your body and more of it's functions than a regular person. You can dull pain with some practice and enhance good feelings. I do not however really put them into skill levels right now. I am working on that though.
>>
>>19099358
Mostly the fact you can dull pain and enhance good feelings. That's mostly what I use it for.
>>
>>19099422
So basically it's a special type of medtiation.

Why call it sensomancy?
>>
>>19099426
You know of meditations that dull physical pain and allow you control feelings within your body?
>>
>>19099426
The weird part is that you can actually feel outside your body if you want to. You can also withdraw into a fantasy world though I wouldn't recommend that. You can change the color of a spot on your wall as you see it too.
>>
>>19099438
>>19099447

Of course. There have been meditation techniques like that since ancient times.
The techniques also involve visualization somewhat similar to what you described.

My friend, you have basically reinvented the wheel. And there is nothing wrong with that.
It's a great practice and you should keep going at it.

While at it I recommend you read a book or two about buddhist yoga and meditation.
It'll surely give you new insights.
>>
>>19099531
I suppose I should have known there was someone who created something like this at one point. I'll do some research on it.
>>
>>19099531
Could you name these meditations though so they're easier to look up. It's easier that way. I've studied meditation for a while and never heard of such things.
>>
>>19099630
If you want some entry level research material, you should google Wim Hof.

Basically he's an Icelandic guy who studied this type of stuff and came up with his own technique to withstand cold, derived from a buddhist technique called tummo (inner fire).

Currently he holds the world record for the longest ice bath and he has climbed the mount-fucking-everest in nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. And that's only the tip of the iceberg of his achievements (pun intended) as he holds 19 more guinness world records besides those mentioned.

Here's a documentary on him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw
>>
>>19099738
I've heard of tummo. I actually used it once or twice as a suicide method. Just made myself sweaty and thirsty as fuck.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.