[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Praying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: praying.jpg (85KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
praying.jpg
85KB, 1200x800px
Does it work? Might answer my own question but i have tried it two times in the last two months and it kind of worked. I want to hear more from /x/
>>
Praying is THE lowest form of invocation. You might have better luck shouting the name of your deity from the high heavens. Personally, I don't think you're doing it right unless you have an alter and are performing daily meditations
>>
>>19098803
depends what your praying for, i pray for that connection to god it helps pycologicly, like meditation and reading scripture, it helps me stay on the path like surrounding yourself with religious imagry, it helps me phycologicly in that sense
>>
>>19098833
>pycologicly
>phycologicly

how?
>>
>>19098851
im dyslexic, and a new keyboard dosnt help. but im a shit typer anyway
>>
>>19098896
Then I apologize for my facetiousness.
>>
>>19098803
I don't really believe in anything but when all logic fails and I think I'm truly lost, I'll pray. It usually goes something like this though.
>"So I know nobody is listening to this, but...etc."
>>
>>19098896
no problem,
>>
>>19098904
>>19098940
that was ment for you
>>
Praying doesn't work unless you do it consistently. So the "two times in the last two months" thing might just be coincidence. As an aside, praying conditions you internally more than it does your circumstances externally. Nothing changes outside. You just learn how to cope with it better. Praying is little more than a form of meditation. If people who meditate are more chill in very un-chill situations, praying does basically the same thing. Praying and meditation are also similar in the sense that they regulate your breathing by focusing on words or intention as opposed to things that may be worrying or upsetting you.

> former Catholic who doesn't believe in god but still prays because although the philosophy of yoga is quite nice I can't recite mantras or Sanskrit for shit and need to condition myself to hold it together because I also don't believe in pills or therapy lmao
>>
>>19098996
what stopped you beliving? if i may ask. also you dont need to learn sanskrit, there are english mantras even just "jesus" or hail mary can be your mantra, or a short prayer
>>
>>19098996
How is yoga? Is it worth it? Do you lose weight from it? I'm interested.
>>
>>19099118
yoga means unity, but to answer your question you can lose lots of weight specialy when you reach liberation you can shed your whole body
>>
>>19098803
The position of your body channels your electromagnetic flow and points it directly towards your spine, well,if you prayed properly (Albrecht Dürer made a carving of a pair of hands praying, AND YOU SHOULD PRAY WITH YOUR HANDS IN THAT POSITION OR ELSE IT DOESN'T WORK). However, you're better off doing yoga
>>
>>19098803
The tips of the fingers have spiritual power, that's why when you press them together in prayer (magic ritual) it seemingly works to your advantage but it all depends on whose favor you gained. Your entire body could be a magic ritual.
>>
>>19098803
you need Faith, anon.

if you don't have Faith, you need to find a Christian who will pray a prayer of agreement with you, or pray an intercessory prayer with you, to help you be heard.

In order to get God to answer you must first believe that He Is, and second that he rewards those who diligently seek him.
>>
File: 74000818592.jpg (32KB, 400x604px) Image search: [Google]
74000818592.jpg
32KB, 400x604px
>>19098827
>Praying is THE lowest form of invocation.
false.

Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it

Mark 9:29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”

Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.

James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

My prayer for you today is that you take these Bible verses you just read and do something with them. Too often we just take information in and then move on to the next project or thing. Use these awesome Bible Verses and put them into action by being obedient to what they teach!
>>
>>19098803
I'll probly get alot of flack but

Matthew 6:5-6New International Version (NIV)

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

also dont pray often,

Christians claim that repetitious prayers, such as the Rosary and litanies, are condemned by Jesus. They quote His words: "In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words" (Mt 6:7; the King James Version, still popular among many Protestants, refers to "vain repetitions.")

I thank him for my blessing, and pray when I need, then it counts
>>
>>19098803
I find praying in English to be limiting. And I'm not well versed in the good Olde English which is more graceful than the bastardized American English or even English from Britannia. So, I decided to use Amharic instead.
>>
>>19098803
It works but not if you beg to God. You need to believe that your prayer has already been answered, otherwise you won't get anything. You need to believe that you have what you asked for even if your senses deny it. If you are persistent your prayer will harden into fact.
>"Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them."
>>19102386
What this anon said basically
>>
>>19098904
apologizing on the internet, what a faggot
>>
>>19102386
Can your God make me a millionaire in a night, if I pray hard enough?

Bullshit! You know that you're smarter than this.

You know that there isn't a flying spaghetti monster that abides hovering in the heavens above or an invisible maleficent goat schemer adversary thing.

Stop spreading lies, if God was real, I'd be the richest man alive.
>>
>>19098803
I've accidentally triggered the law of attraction with prayer when I was a kid. Powerful shit. Really shows you how you can affect more than you realise.
>>
File: 18781997.jpg (35KB, 340x599px) Image search: [Google]
18781997.jpg
35KB, 340x599px
>>19102386
Why do you use quotes from the bible to answer simple questions? Did the lord not give you a mind to formulate answers based on your understanding of scripture?

You do realize that many people do not accept the bible as empirical fact?

It does not help that everything posted can be interpreted many different ways.

Acting like a mindless automaton while representing the Lord is not doing him, you or us any favors. If anything it just serves to galvanize the opposition.

The days of shoving a sword in persons face and ordering them to accept these riddles as empirical fact OR ELSE are coming to an end.
>>
Dont pray like some kid begging forgivness when he gets caught doing some bullshit.

Pray like a knight going into battle asking favor only if the Lord sees his cause just all the while knowing he has to do his part himself and make his own sacrifices.
>>
File: high-priest.jpg (34KB, 384x407px) Image search: [Google]
high-priest.jpg
34KB, 384x407px
>>19105736
Pray with pure intent. Do not demand anything. State your case and pray for guidance in the matter.

>>19102386
>>Praying is THE lowest form of invocation.
>false.
I completely agree.
>>
File: TheTranscendedMercenary-317x446.jpg (38KB, 317x446px) Image search: [Google]
TheTranscendedMercenary-317x446.jpg
38KB, 317x446px
>>19098803
A "prayer" is just another form of "thoughts become things."
>>
>>19098803
Do you believe in determinism?
>>
>>19102386
This.
If you believe in meditation and its effectiveness, even in so far as helping us along to our own answers which already dwelt within ourselves, so also should you believe in prayer.
>>
>>19105815
Basically.
>>
Prayer does work, seek Jesus Christ in his house. His house is the church, protip.
>>
>>19105680
There's no need to get assblasted. Some people found his post helpful, just because you didn't doesn't mean you need to sperg out.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.