[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has James Randi ever been proven wrong, debunked or presented

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

File: RANDI.jpg (115KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
RANDI.jpg
115KB, 800x900px
Has James Randi ever been proven wrong, debunked or presented with evidence of the paranormal he could not refute?
>>
>>19097385
yes
>>
Is the challenge still open?
He was so adamant about it, I wonder what happened.
>>
All I know is that I have a demon and thanks to cunts like him I've been on meds that do nothing for 9 years already.

Evidence does nothing to people that don't want to believe and want to discard it with rationalizations.
>>
>>19097439
>Evidence
like?
>>
>>19097439

Just picture this on your head.

At age 20 you get a demon, you spend years and years trying to find help and the only thing you get is condescending people who treat you as if you were some retard with brain problems.

It's a torture, they will tie you to beds while the demon rapes you, they will treat you as if you were stupid and they will inject you with drugs that damage your brain with the notion that they are helping and you need it.
>>
>>19097439
bro. I'm not even kidding, pray to jesus chrhist, look up his hebrew name, and pray to him.

in the UFO community its been reported that calling out to his name will make alien abductions stop instantly. you literally have nothing to lose.

>>19097385
i believe this to be an active disinformation service. they would never put anyone on that could actually do something.
>>
I just wish every negationist were flailed alive and filled with demons and help were denied to them.
>>
File: this is how it goes.jpg (99KB, 1448x481px) Image search: [Google]
this is how it goes.jpg
99KB, 1448x481px
>>
>>19097443

Like a disease that doesn't go away with meds nor does it calm down that consists on trying to cheat you of your soul.
>>
>>19097457
I don't get it, why does he give him candy and pokeballs
>>
>>19097462

Pills of diverse kinds and injections
>>
ITT: schizophrenic retard gets angry
>>
>>19097466

I hope you get raped and tortured while on fire
>>
>>19097467
Enjoy the rest of your pathetic life never getting any better
>>
>>19097469

I'm not getting better because it's not a disease, simple as that.
>>
>>19097470
It's retardation
>>
>>19097469

Look at this faggot, he knows very well pills don't cure it because it is not a disease, but he still denies it.
>>19097473

I'm high IQ little timmy.
>>
can you guys please stop with the hurtful comments and cursing...
>>
>>19097385
He doesn't has the dosh.
>>
>I'm not a retard it's demons in muh brains
>>
>>19097477
Why? You have feelings? Poison tastes like candy.
>>
>>19097479

>It doesn't heal because potato
>>
>these meds don't work
DAS EVIDENS OF DEM DEMONS!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>19097482

>no treatment works during 9 years

>must be many treatments without testing!
>>
File: lkkk.jpg (77KB, 1159x358px) Image search: [Google]
lkkk.jpg
77KB, 1159x358px
>>19097482
>DAS EVIDENS OF DEM DEMONS!!!!!!!!!!

No, an illness that whose only mechanism of action is trying to cheat you out of your soul in a person whom always was atheist is evidence of demons, not a pill that doesn't work.
>>
>>19097483
Must be demons then
Only logical thing
>>
>>19097439
Good job derailing the thread you fucking retard.
>>
>>19097485

What's the logical explanation for an "illness" who behaves like a demon and only like a demon and not like an illness?
>>
>>19097480
I just wish we could be nicer to each other and cussing is just plain rude. I'm just lonely. I want to make a girl happy
>>
>>19097489
It behaves like schizophrenia
>>
>>19097490
>I want to make a girl happy

Give her money, then walk away.
>>
>>19097493

No it doesn't, and schizophrenia calms down with pills, while this doesn't.
>>
>it can't be anything mundane like brain chemistry it must be some demon because I'm so unique and special
Schizos are the ubersnowflakes
>>
>>19097495
>and schizophrenia calms down with pills
only if you're lucky
I've seen plenty of cases where that doesn't happen
>>
>>19097439
You should probably just kill yourself now, mate.
>>
>>19097498
>>19097501
>My mum sucks off dogs and swallows the cum

I know, but that doesn't solve my problem of being demonized while at the same time posessing an IQ several orders of magnitude above yours.
>>
>>19097504
>it's not my fault I'm a worthless human being
>it's the demons
>b but muh iq
>>
materialist western science:

"Yeah, at some point there was pretty much nothing, but there was still an energy that was there before everything else, that condensed to such an unfathomably dense point, that it fucking exploded. After billions of years, the shit cooled down and matter was formed. looong time after that, that matter formed in a way to result in us human beings thinking all sorts of crazy shit, eating shrooms and tripping balls.

BUT TELEPATHY??????? TELEKENESIS???? NOOOO, that sounds fucking absurd!!!!!"

>existence is fucking absurd to begin with
>>
>>19097470
If it's not a disease then why does my brother talk gibberish like shit?
>>
>>19097385
You can't provide evidence for the paranormal. If it has evidence, it's no longer paranormal.
>>
>>19097519
But surely paranormal abilities should be able to be tested
>>
>>19097525
Subjectively, yes. Objectively no.
>>
>>19097518
>my brother

I'm not your brother.
>>
>>19097537
I mean I don't talk gibberish, yet, but I had hallucinations before. Diagnosed schizophrenic. You think the voices are demons, pham?
>>
>>19097466
literally this. lmfao
>>
>>19097439
it took me about 11 to find the right meds man, dont give up on that shit.

I know it feels so fucking real its a wonder people dont see it too, but honestly man, you wont realize your illness until you're out of it. Its such bullshit to hear but its true.

You someone told me this same thing a few years ago and I'd probably sock them in the mouth, so just take it easy man. /x/ is pro at schizo shit, listen to the anons and disregard trolls.
>>
I dont think anyone here has actually watched Randi. have you?

Do you think the 'psychic' who got literally 1/4 guesses correct (which conforms to a normally distributed level of 'psychic' power, that anyone has, i.e. chance) was ripped off?

Do you think the telekenesis expert, visibly concerned and sweating at having to reproduce his 'skill' in a controlled environment, not the environment he is used to where he rips idiots off money and gains some kind of deluded god like status... was ripped off when he couldnt reproduce his great 'skill', blaming it on electronegativity inherent in sponge-like material on the set????

please explain, /x/. who has Randi ripped off? how did he cheat them?
>>
>>19097564

Are you saying that magic exists?

Because my "illness" was caused by a witch.
>>
>>19097570
I'm not that guy but I'm not saying magic isn't real. But magic could be real and it could be an illness, it's not mutually exclusive. Especially if the illness was caused by magic because that's part of what magic does.
>>
File: 1357555058768.gif (469KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
1357555058768.gif
469KB, 480x228px
>>19097570
>>
>>19097510
You're erroneously assuming that 99.999999999999% of fags on earth decide anything based on reason.

Newsflash:
They decide based on emotion and justify it with reason...

and the truth is that when people go to bed at night and put their head in the pillow, deep down they are terrified of the implications of telekinesis, telepathy and whatever else you mentioned.
>>
>>19097504

If you do actually have a IQ above 2 SDs of mean then the chance that what you're experiencing is mental illness is hugely increased.
>>
>>19097445
You don't need to worry about getting the name right. Jesus knows who you mean.
>>
>>19097461
Is that a valid sentence?
>>
>>19097385
We've been over this. James Randi is a very advanced chaos magician who works for the Illuminati. He specializes in anti-magic and emits a dampening field.

He literally uses magic to convince people that there is no magic.
>>
>>19097569
>Do you think the 'psychic' who got literally 1/4 guesses correct (which conforms to a normally distributed level of 'psychic' power, that anyone has, i.e. chance) was ripped off?
Yes. Randi was interfering with the ability. Strange how it suddenly stopped working the moment Randi showed up.

>visibly concerned and sweating
He realized something was blocking his ability, but he isn't nearly as experienced as Randi. Probably didn't even know such blocking was even possible.
>blaming it on electronegativity inherent in sponge-like material on the set?
Well he clearly doesn't know the right terms, but yes - that foam was charged with anti-magic. Notice how Randi himself put them down, instead of an assistant or the show's host.
>>
>it's not my fault I can't produce any of my abilities under scrutiny, it's your fault for not believing
>>
>>19097481
>>19097479
>i'm triggered so will exaggerate my opponents argument to make myself feel smarter

He may be an idiot but so are you. Have some integrity and actually try arguing one day instead of being a whiny faggot you make your opponents argument seem more reasonable when you act so offended.
>>
>>19097989
I like how you tell someone else to stop being a whiny faggot without any sense of irony
>>
>>19097435
>what happened
hes like 90
>>
>>19097439
>discard it with rationalizations
if you're going to discard something that'd be the way to do it bud
>>
>>19097385
James Randi is one of my favorite motherfuckers in existence. We need people out there like Randi to sift through the fakes and the bullshit.

When you see all the terrible human beings this man has exposed it's hard to say he's just some cynical old man who doesn't want you to believe and is shoving his opinion down other's throats. Unless you actually believe in the people he's btfoed, in that case you're too delusional to see reason.
>>
>>19097909
hahah thankyou for the response anon, i enjoyed a hearty chuckle before heading to work
>can you do magic? personally?
>please tell me how you came to learn of this great knowledge, e.g. the existence of 'anti magic'
>>
>>19097444
And your family and friends side with them completely.
>>
>>19097909
>people believe Randi is an actual wizard trying to discredit other wizards
It's too funny
>>
>>19097859
Anon, that's not even A sentence.
>>
>>19097461
>What evidence do I have that I'm possessed by a demon?
>because I say so

Gee whiz, I wonder why people don't believe
>>
>>19097909
>>19097907

Where are you even getting these ideas from? That sounds far more implausible than the alternative so you must have a basis for it?
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

RANDI IS GOOD FOR THE WORLD!
>>
Dropping dis here.
>>
>>
>>19097385
Even his hand looks fake.
>>
I'm getting so fucking sick of schizo shitposters here displaying every sign of schizophrenia and still denying they have it. Nope, it's gotta be curses and demons, guys! For realz!

Pathetic and sad.
>>
>>19097385

What does he consider paranormal?

Would he consider someone else lowering or raising his heart rate to be paranormal?

How about someone who knows exactly what he feels, and why he feels that way?
>>
>>19098017
Yea, but with all his money and influence, surely he could get someone else to take over running the thing?
The fact that he didn't get someone else to keep it going sort of makes it seem like he never really gave a shit about the challenge itself, like it was just some stupid ego thing to him personally.
>>
>>19101215
Most are probably kids lying just to feel special
>>
>>19101215
Why have you come here?
To "save" them? From themselves? With materialist rationalism?
You can take your self-righteous condescension and stick it square where the sun don't shine.
>>
>>19101436
Some of us come here because we wanna talk about government conspiracies
You know real things
>>
>>19101447
Then go post in those threads.
The spiritual posters don't come to conspiracy threads and whine about how government conspiracies aren't spiritual enough.
I don't think it's too much to ask for you faggots to extend the same courtesy.
>>
bruh what the fuck
>>
Aliens go away in the name of Jesus? Dear god that is so stupid I think you gave me cancer.
>>
>>19101455
It was the schizo retard who came and derailed this thread talking about demons up in his brain, so go gas yourself you fucking gaylord
>>
>>19101215
EpiQ shitpost, m8
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.